Katie Slater Photography Reviews

41 | West Suffield, CT

41 Reviews for Katie Slater Photography

Andrea · Married on 09/15/2018

Perfection

How do I even begin to describe just how much we loved working with Katie Slater??! While we met Katie before we signed on with her (an interview of sorts), we got to know her a bit better during our engagement shoot. Katie was such a calming, reassuring presence, which was much needed given how nervous we were (and how awkward we felt). By the end, the awkwardness had dissipated and we had so much fun. To boot, our engagement photos were INCREDIBLE; we knew then we had made the right decision by hiring Katie.

Fast forward to our wedding day: Katie and her sister-second shooter, Meg, arrived on time and were ready to rock and roll. We had a few minutes to spare so Katie spent time taking tons of detail shots, which I really appreciated. Again, Katie's joyful, calming presence was exactly what I needed given how nervous I was! She offered to step away to give me some time with my family but I asked her to stay because it was so helpful for me. My now-husband also said that he and the guys felt very comfortable with Meg. When we received our wedding photos, we were absolutely blown away. They were more than we ever imagined and captured the pure joy and love that we all felt that day. Katie's/Meg's aesthetic is the exact opposite of contrived or cheesy - they are artists with extraordinary vision and that will come through in your photos. The areas they chose for photos, the lighting, etc... it was all so beautiful and felt very natural. Exactly what we were looking for in a photographer!

If you're considering hiring Katie Slater for your special event, do NOT hesitate. We are not only beyond happy with her work from our wedding, but so thrilled that we found our "family photographer" for any future special events. Thank you Katie and Meg!!

Sarah · Married on 08/25/2018

Our favorite vendor!

Katie was without a doubt the best decision for our big day! And we hit the jackpot getting both Katie & Meg. The work they produce is truly amazing - and they are extremely talented! We are so lucky to have had them and I have already recommended to so so many friends and family. They do such an incredible job capturing every special moment. I loved their energy and passion- always keeping the day fun and stress free. The photos are always natural and not forced - a style like no other. Each photo is a work of art and no one compares.

Future Brides - I promise you will not be disappointed. We are looking forward to needing Katie & Meg again!

Amy · Married on 06/29/2018

Having Katie Slater photography capture our day was one of the best decisions we made!
    Meg was our photographer and her laidback yet fun and friendly personality was the perfect fit as she made us feel comfortable during pictures as well as didn’t make us feel like we were “posing” so much, which is exactly what we were hoping for. She took the time to go over each detail with us prior, offered suggestions, and knew all the important moments to capture. When she sent us preview photos a couple days after our wedding, we were blown away and couldn’t wait to see more! We are so in love with our photos and can’t say enough about how talented, professional, and wonderful Meg is and we highly recommend working with Katie Slater Photography!

L · Married on 03/09/2018

Our close friends recommended Katie Slater Photography, and specifically Meg, as they had booked her for their fall 2017 wedding. We knew instantly from our first conversation that we were going to choose her for our wedding! She was so friendly and easy to talk to, and she was super responsive and helpful throughout the entire process leading up to our big day. She even reached out to me a few days before the wedding to let me know that she was available if I needed anything, which was much appreciated! On our wedding day, Meg and Jayme were so easy to work with and they made the entire process seamless and fun! Meg also helped to navigate my husband and I through the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception as it was tough to manage with 200 guests! We really appreciated the help and guidance. Meg sent us the preview photos 2 days after our wedding and we were blown away by how amazing they all were!! We are so excited to see all of the photos!!! If you are looking for a super talented, professional, and overall amazing wedding photographer, choose Meg and Katie Slater Photography!!!

Micaela · Married on 12/30/2017

Katie and her team were what made our wedding day so magical. Their top notch professionalism, flexibility and attention-to-detail were incredible. Katie was such a calming presence. On top of all this, our wedding also took place during quite the snow storm and her team didn't miss a beat. We made specific requests to keep the photos very classic and Katie beyond stuck with that found more beauty in these classic angles.

Overall, we cannot recommend Katie enough! The biggest challenge will truly be in determining what photos to select for our photo book because we are in love with each and every single one.

Shana · Married on 08/11/2017

I cannot recommend Katie and her team enough! I had been a guest at a wedding a few years ago and was so impressed by their work that I knew I had to use them, too. We worked with Meghan, and she was absolutely incredible. She made us feel so at ease, and the photos are just stunning. My husband and I are so pleased and the amount of compliments we have gotten on them is unreal. I recommend them HIGHLY!

Lisa · Married on 06/30/2017

Having a great photographer and high quality photos were extremely important to us when planning our wedding. We got just that and more working with Meg and Jayme from Katie Slater Photography! Meg was so awesome and easy to work with. During all the planning, she made us feel comfortable and confident that our day would run smoothly. At our wedding, Meg (and Jayme) worked so hard to capture all of the important moments as well as the perfect candids. They were professional and seamless in a way that we didn't ever feel like we were posing. We ended up being trapped in a torrential downpour during our wedding and Meg truly went above and beyond to still capture us. Our photos are beautiful! Our guests could not say enough good things about our photographers throughout the night and again after seeing our pictures. We would highly recommend Meg to anyone and thoroughly enjoyed working with her over the past year!

• Deanna

Deanna · Married on 06/10/2017

Looking back on our wedding, hiring Katie as our photographer was easily the best decision that we ever made. Having met her three years before our actual ceremony, we had the incredible opportunity for her to shoot our engagement photos in the most idyllic setting possible, a secluded beach she found in California's Big Sur. One of these photos, consequently, became the birth announcement of our son, Jack.

Having had the opportunity to get to know Katie over the past three years, she became so much more than our photographer. She became a sounding board for a new mom, planning her wedding 3,000 miles away with a Newbom. She became a friend. She was able to get to know our little family, and to use this knowledge to capture every precious moment when we finally joined our little family of three this past June. Not only is she incredibly talented, every single photo from the day more breathtaking than the last, she was a calming force throughout the entire wedding process, and managed to make even the most stressed bride (me) look exactly how I dreamed I would look; calm, composed, and above all else, happy.

Katie, we cannot thank you enough for all you did for our wedding. I cannot recommend you enough. All I can say is, any bride that has the opportunity to have you in tow at their wedding should consider themselves very, very lucky.

Samantha · Married on 06/02/2017

Katie was probably the best part of our wedding, aside from the whole getting married part. We spoke with her before meeting and knew we were going to jive. She and her sister Meg (second photographer) were so good. They captured everything we wanted and more. They were like photo ninjas! I can't wait to have a reason to work with Katie again!

Samantha · Married on 05/06/2017

Choosing the right person to capture the best night of our lives was so important. We are SO happy we chose Katie Slater! From the second we sat down at our first meeting, we knew Katie would be perfect! She is very professional and her work is amazing! Katie was easy to communicate with, answered every question, and had great suggestions. We decided to do an engagement session with her first and we are so glad we did. It helped calm some of our nerves and get used to Katie's style. Our favorite part about Katie's style is that no photos felt forced. They were very natural and stayed true to our personalities. She was able to capture how we interact with each other without trying to put us in awkward, unnatural poses. The engagement photos came out perfect and we were so excited for our wedding day.

We were so lucky to have Katie's sister Meg as our second photographer on the wedding day. They were a great team and really fun to spend the day with. They are both so calm and we could tell they are both passionate about what they do.
    We never felt rushed or pulled away from anything to take a photo. Somehow they even managed to take adorable photos of our camera shy ring bearer. They are both great with kids and getting through the family photos quickly so everyone can continue enjoying the wedding. We tried not to have too many requests, because we trusted Katie to do her job and capture the day. Katie was also very prepared. Not only with her own equipment, but with supplies for us as well! Emergency bobby pins, tide-to-go...she had everything handy and on her the whole night!

The photos came out amazing. Better than we every imagined. We cannot stop looking through them. We have received countless compliments from family and friends on Katie's amazing work! We highly recommend Katie Slater Photography!!

• User6132043 · 2+ years ago

Katie Slater is incredible. Her work speaks for itself – she’s insanely talented & will capture AMAZING photos. But hiring Katie means SO MUCH MORE. What you can’t know until you experience it is just how fantastic Katie is on your wedding day.

She’s warm & informative when you meet. If you have an engagement session, she’ll guide you through the awkwardness & make you comfortable while creating a fun experience. This solidified that we picked the best photographer possible. But on our wedding day, I can’t emphasize how perfect she was.

Katie creates an aura of calmness & happiness. She met my bridesmaids + me while we were getting ready. My planner checked in but (thankfully) was busy with vendors, set-up, etc. If I didn’t have Katie, I don’t know how everything would have gone. While taking photos in a completely unassuming & unobtrusive way, she’d gently guide us on what to do next…maids will want to start dressing…you’ll want to take some slow sips of water if you’re nervous…don’t forget to use the restroom…etc. I know this may sound silly to some, but things really start to move quickly & having that reassuring voice means so much.

Katie was with me right until our ceremony making sure all was well & that we stayed on time, while allowing me to enjoy every single moment. I felt calm & happy throughout the day and I know this was thanks to Katie. The biggest bonus is her second shooter, which for us was her sister Meg. She is genuine, kind, helpful & funny. She even pulled a bobby pin out of thin air to fix my unwieldy veil. She laughed with us, guided us & made us feel completely at ease. We were just so fortunate to have this team.

Everyone noted how incredible our photographers were, and we agreed. While we initially met with other teams who we really liked as well, there was just something about Katie & her photos that set her apart. That intangible quality is what will make you so happy to have selected Katie Slater as your photographer.

Deepali · Married on 07/30/2016

Katie is an absolutely amazing photographer! Along with being extremely talented, she is kind, warm, patient, professional, and somehow able to make two relatively awkward people pose for some fantastic photos. Her co-photographer, Krystal, was equally pleasant and took wonderful photos at our rehearsal dinner. We did a first look and they were both so much fun to work with and immediately put us at ease. She accommodated our busy schedules by meeting us via Skype pre-wedding. She has a thorough questionnaire that was fun to fill out and gave me insight into my own wedding! With Katie's eye and artistic style, we ended up with photos that truly surpassed my expectations.

My only regret is not doing an engagement shoot because our schedules were too crazy-- in retrospect, I would have made the time for it because we would have become more comfortable in front of the camera, and had an opportunity to spend more time with Katie! Thank you, Katie, for giving us photos that we will cherish forever.

Niki · Married on 07/29/2016

Booking Katie was one of the best decisions that we made for our wedding! Katie was recommended to me by a friend, and I could tell right away from her website that she was extremely talented. Her photos are so beautiful and natural, and they really capture all the love and emotions of the weddings she shoots. We started working with Katie for our engagement photos, which came out amazing. She is incredibly easy to work with and she made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera, which can be awkward! She joked and laughed with us the whole time, which made me feel so sure that we had made the right decision in hiring her!

I can't even begin to describe how amazing Katie was leading up to and on our wedding day. She took the time to talk with me about photos that were important to us and answer all my questions about how the day would go. I wasn't sure if I wanted to do a first look or not, and Katie was able to explain the pros and cons of a first look and she helped me make this decision without any pressure either way. On the week of the wedding the forecast was calling for pouring rain. Katie was so reassuring, calming my nerves and calling around to find alternate places for us to take formal pictures. On the day of the wedding, Katie and Meg were wonderful! Katie met up with us as we were getting ready, and she helped to guide us through the day. She took pictures so quickly, which allowed us time to go to our cocktail hour! I barely noticed her taking pictures throughout the day, and the pictures came out absolutely incredible. Katie and Meg are so talented, and they captured the day so perfectly. I am so, so happy with our beautiful photos and I can't say enough about how wonderful, professional, talented, and amazing Katie and Meg are!

Lia · Married on 06/11/2016

We booked Meg to shoot our June 2016 wedding and we couldn't recommend her more highly! It was a joy to share our day with her and Jayme. They kept us laughing, calm, and Meg's husband even texted us doppler updates to track a passing storm. Meg was responsive throughout the entire process, happily answering any questions and doing a walk through of our venue with us since she hadn't shot there before. Most importantly, the photos are truly beautiful. They capture the unfiltered joy of the day and we will treasure them. (You can see them all here: www.katieslaterphotography.com/portfolio/lia-alex-rosedale-farm/) I would recommend Meg to any of my friends - booking her was one of the very best decisions we made for our wedding.

• Gina

Gina · Married on 05/21/2016

Booking Katie Slater Photography was hands down the BEST decision we made for our wedding! For starters, Katie is pleasure to work with. She is super energetic, positive, and you can tell that photography is her passion. We just received our wedding photos from Katie (very quick turn around!!) and WOW! We are BEYOND THRILLED!! Katie and Meg captured so many special candid moments of us and our guests, we will treasure these photos forever! The photos are natural, and beautiful, nothing was staged, cheesy or awkward. Katie and Meg were able to get so many stunning photos of each part of the day, I felt like I was reliving the day looking at all of the photos! They also got great shots of all of the details of our ceremony and reception, many of which I wasn't able to appreciate in person on our wedding day! The photos she provided were organized by each part of the day, so they were easy to look through, and she even included a "story" album with a few shots from each part of the day!!

Katie was extremely fast at responding to all of my many, many questions, and made sure we were able to book the perfect package and stay in our budget! On our wedding day Katie and Meg arrived on time, and came ready to work! Katie was not only a great photographer, but she kept me and my 8 bridesmaids on track in terms of timing, and kept me calm and relaxed. She was quick and efficient about getting all of the key shots, and did an awesome job reigning in our massive bridal party to get some fantastic group shots! All of our bridal party was telling me how impressed they were with Katie and Meg! I HIGHLY recommend booking Katie Slater Photography for your wedding!! You will NOT be disappointed!!

Thanks so much Katie & Meg!
    The Dunns

Colby · Married on 05/14/2016

Booking Katie Slater for our wedding photographer was one of the best decisions we made regarding our wedding! She is incredibly talented, very flexible and super laid back and fun! From meeting us in Central Park for engagement photos to countless emails and phone calls to reassure me that our wedding day would be perfect, she made planning the photography part of our wedding a breeze. The photographs she produced for both our engagement shoot and our wedding day are absolutely stunning. I can't get enough of them and I am so thrilled with how they turned out. I will definitely be recommending Katie to friends and family and would love to use her for future photography needs. Katie, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for giving us photographs that perfectly captured how amazing our wedding day was!

Mattie · Married on 04/15/2016

We don't even know where to start with all the positive feedback we have for Katie and her sister Meg. We had them at our April wedding in MA and from our initial conversations, all the way through our planning call right before the wedding - we knew we were in good hands. Katie is incredibly professional - we were very serious about this decision during our wedding, and it was what we wanted to spend a large portion of our budget on - and after looking across the US at various portfolios for weeks after we got engaged, we luckily stumbled upon Katie. Not only is her work absolutely beautiful - she had a photography style and approach to weddings (and how important and special the day actually is after all the pomp and circumstance has faded) that we valued so much. Day of our wedding - she was truly a lifesaver, keeping me (the bride) calm in moments of total chaos, and constantly reminding us through every hour of the day to take everything in. She was there to lend a hand when my bustle and veil got complicated, calm me down when I was a nervous wreck, Meg was there to make my now husband laugh when his nerves took over, and they were both quietly around us observing and documenting without being intrusive at all. Some of the night we barely knew they were there - but when we did have them close by, we felt like they were part of our friends and family group. They made our bridal party and more specifically our very nervous family feel less overwhelmed and everyone had a great time being stress free during the formal pictures. As a very nervous bride, there were moments that I remember Katie being the reason I was able to calm down - and the moments after our ceremony when we went outside to capture great light, and take some time together as husband and wife, were truly wonderful - and I am so happy to have had such kind, relaxed photographers there to capture it. Brides would be very lucky to have these two as a part of their big day.

Jennifer · Married on 03/13/2016

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING! We are so happy we chose Katie as our photographer for our big day. We had a very small intimate wedding and she captured every moment. Not only is she so nice and supportive through the entire process she makes you feel so comfortable when taking your pictures. Guides you through the process and we definitely needed the help. My husband and I are both super uncomfortable with taking pictures and she was there to help. We ended up with the best pictures that captured not only all those special moments, but really the feel of our wedding. We are looking forward to having Katie capture many other moments in our lives since we wouldn't think of hiring any other photographer. If you are looking for someone who is not only lovely to work with, but super talented- Katie is the right person for you.

Kaitlin · Married on 09/26/2015

Hiring Katie was one of the first and best decisions we made for our entire wedding. It was one of our splurges, for sure, but she's worth it. Not only is she (obviously) an absolutely incredible photographer, but she is also one of the absolute nicest people I have ever met. I loved having her around on the day of the wedding and found her enthusiasm not only on that day, but in the entire process leading up to everything, entirely infections. I also think it's worth noting that she became a source of knowledge and comfort on the day of. I was so NERVOUS and I found myself looking to her for things like "how much cake do I cut?" I was so grateful to have her there not just as a photographer, but as a part of my day. (And her sister Meg, too!). I cannot recommend her enough.

Katie was incredible to work with from start to finish. Photography was the most important aspect of the wedding and I wanted to make sure I had my choice (I booked her just under 2 years before our wedding!). I loved ever aspect of working with her from the great communication, her professionalism, and most importantly, her AMAZING, timeless photographs that I will cherish forever! Prior to booking, she provided me a few past clients' contact information so I could ask them questions about their experience with her and she provided a few FULL picture galleries of past weddings she had done.

I would recommend Katie to any one who is looking for an amazing photographer!

Laura · Married on 07/04/2015

When we began our search for a photographer, we were looking for someone who we felt confident had a great eye for the moment and also had the right personality to be able to follow the bride and capture those moments without distracting from what was happening or needing to direct a scene. Katie Slater was all that and more. She was very relaxed and confident, and listened well to what we were looking for and about our venue and our plans. You can see the quality of her photography on her site and what an eye she has for framing and capturing moments, and you should know that nearly every one of the over a thousand shots we received from our wedding is as good. Her second shooter is also spectacular - I can’t tell the difference in their shots and her skill at blending into the crowd in order to capture a candid moment is every bit as good as Katie. Katie never got in the way, never missed an opportunity to capture a smile, and never had to ask someone to pose to make sure they were included. We had about 130 guests and, thanks to Katie’s excellent shooting and her policy on ownership of the photos, we were able to share a beautiful shot of every one of our guests with them directly so that they could save the full resolution photo of themselves. Many of our guests have told us we have the most beautiful wedding photos they've ever seen, and we definitely agree! We had the most wonderful day of our lives this past July, and Katie’s photography brings us back to that moment as if we were still there.

Karen · Married on 05/30/2015

Choosing a wedding photographer was one of the most important decisions to us during the planning process and we were so happy we found Katie. We did a lot of research on photographers and read a lot of reviews, but as soon as we saw Katie’s work, we knew she would be perfect for us. If you’ve seen ANY of Katie’s pictures, you already know that she is so incredibly talented. Every picture she takes looks like it belongs in a magazine and Katie did not disappoint when it came to our engagement session and wedding. We received so many compliments on her pictures! Katie was super easy to work with and very responsive. She listened to the things we wanted and also provided some great recommendations and advice. The only issue we’re having is deciding which pictures we want to display around our house because we absolutely love them all! If you want beautiful, elegant, timeless pictures, we highly recommend Katie!

Kristin · Married on 11/02/2014

Katie Slater of Katie Slater Photography is absolutely incredible!! She is unbelievably talented, a sweet easy going individual, very responsive and professional, and fun!! She photographed our engagement photo session and our wedding. She was an absolute delight to work with and gave us absolutely beautiful photographs. For our engagement photos (which she had us choose our location and she met us there) she was willing to get any and all shots, which included hopping fences and trekking through farm fields to get some incredible shots. She was so easy to get along with and made us feel totally comfortable and natural. For our wedding she again was fantastic. She not only took beautiful photos, but when one of the buttons on the back of my dress fell off she sewed it right back on, no problem! She was very organized, efficient, and professional. I couldn't have asked for more, she was perfect for us! It was a pleasure having her photograph our wedding!

Monique · Married on 06/28/2014

This is our very first review as husband and wife and we are honored to be reviewing Katie Slater Photography. We felt at ease right from the beginning. My husband and I do not have very flexible schedules, but Katie happily accommodated and Skyped with us on a weekday evening. Truth be told, we were sold prior to even meeting with her. As cliche as it sounds, photos ARE worth a thousand words. Katie made it a point to get to know our story and was able to tell it through her beautiful work. While we were stressed about other vendors during the planning process, Katie remained positive and extremely helpful (she sent us real life tips and things to consider, i.e. first look vs traditional, which really made our day seamless). The big day came and to no surprise, Katie and her lovely sister, Megan, were AWESOME! Our family and friends were raving about them - and this is before even seeing the photos! And let me tell you, our families don't just go raving about anyone. Once we received our photos, we were laughing, awe-ing, sighing, oh my god-ing, laughing, and just being all around happy. Through Katie's photographs, we are able to not only relive our beautiful day, but we are also lucky enough to see the joy in our loved one's eyes..and crazy dance moves! With everything said and done, we are ecstatic about choosing Katie Slater Photography and are recommending her to everyone we care about.

Katie · Married on 06/21/2014

Choosing Katie as our photographer for our wedding was the BEST decision. Our photos came out gorgeous and she made moments look truly magical. I am so in love with our wedding photos and feel so lucky to have these to look back on. I can't choose a favorite because I love them all! We've received endless compliments from family and friends. People are blown away by how stunning they are!

Not only is she incredibly talented and professional but she and her sister were so fun to be around. Definitely the personality you want on your wedding day. Cannot recommend her enough! Thank you Katie!