Katie O' Weddings & Events, LLC Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

Shaina Married on 11/20/2021

KOWE is worth every penny!

It was so nice having Casey and Katie in my corner throughout wedding planning - especially during a pandemic! I had KOWE for “2 month before planners” but they really were so much more! I have 2 friends who have gotten married within the last year and a half and feel the same. They make your wedding day a breeze and just ensure you are where you need to be, when you need to be there and you are ENJOYING your day which is key!! Love Casey and Katie and was lucky to have them in our corner!
  • Melissa
    Melissa R. Married on 11/06/2021

Amazing Wedding Planner!!

Katie and Casey are truly amazing! They let you customize your wedding planning package to fit your needs. On the day of the wedding they organized everything and kept everyone calm during a few small mishaps. The event went off without a hitch and with their help I was able to relax and enjoy every minute.
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa J. Married on 08/21/2021

Best Decision We Made!!!

Hands down, best money we spent on our wedding! They were AMAZING and made our day so perfect. We booked them for the day of coordinator package, and now looking back, we wish we had booked them for the entire wedding planning package, they were THAT good! They are so on top of everything from coordinating with vendors, to creating and sticking to the timeline, to keeping track of all our things, and so on (we could go on forever). Our wedding day was an absolute dream, and if anything did go wrong, we didn’t even know about it. It was so nice to be able to enjoy every second of our wedding and not have to worry about a single thing! We absolutely couldn’t have done it without them and are so grateful for them!! Hire them!!... we promise you will not regret it!
  • Jillian
    Jillian T. Married on 04/10/2021

The BEST decision I made!

Hands down, THE BEST decision I made when starting to plan my wedding! Katie and Casey are an amazing team. They handled the ups and downs of 2020 with ease – planning and then re-planning my wedding multiple times throughout the year. KOWE made the process of finding and vetting vendors (a process I was dreading) incredibly easy. They stayed on top of every detail (no matter how minute) and were life savers the day-of, taking care of literally everything! I knew that whatever challenge presented itself - they would handle (and they did!). They are awesome to work with and bring AMAZING ENERGY to both the wedding planning process and wedding day! Cannot recommend them enough : )

Katie O' Weddings & Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much!! We truly LOVED working together to make your day sparkle!! Best wishes for a lifetime of happiness!!
    Danielle L. Married on 10/15/2020

The best planners ever!

Katie & Casey are the best in the business. They go above and beyond to help you execute the most perfect day. We went through a lot of ups and downs (covid bride & groom here) but these two always knew what to say to make us calm and keep us moving forward. They executed an incredible timeline with all the necessary details and when it came to day of it was incredible. We both felt the relief of not having to stress over the little details (because KOWE had that taken care of) and we truly felt so special..like a prince & princess. Hiring a planner was the best decision we made and we couldn’t imagine having gone through these crazy two years of planning without the help of KOWE.
  • Ashley
    Ashley Married on 10/05/2019

My wedding day was perfect because of Katie O!

From the first conversation I had with Casey and Katie, I knew they were the right coordinators for my wedding. They are so organized and very importantly, so calm and collected on the big day! Casey and her team handled everything with ease and the day went off without a hitch! We can't thank them enough for allowing us to relax and really soak in our wedding day! Thanks again Casey and the KOWE team, you are truly god sends!!
  • Danielle W.
    Danielle Married on 09/01/2019

You need them!!!!

I don’t know how I could’ve pulled this day off without Casey and her team. There’s no way I could have. They were absolutely perfect. Me, my sisters and mom raved all night about how amazing Casey was. Every need, she was there. If anything went wrong, I don’t know what it was. We were on time for everything, which is a huge deal for me personally. I seriously couldn’t have done my wedding without her. If you’re wondering if you should book a coordinator, Katie O Events is the place. You will not regret it for a second! Thank you so so so much, Casey. You and your team are wonderful. Cal and I appreciate you so much!
    Kanda Married on 06/29/2019

Extraordinary Sparkling Coordination Team!

We are happily married thanks to Katie O’ & Casey!!!
    Our wedding was everything we hoped for and more!
    Katie came highly recommended. We knew that Katie was the perfect professional to guide us in planning our wedding in Saratoga the moment we met. With our incredibly busy schedules, Katie & Casey kept us on target with no stress!

With Katie and Casey’s expertise; planning, vendor recommendations, coordination, troubleshooting, checklists and hands-on approach and handholding when we needed it was above and beyond! Their attention to detail, thinking outside the box and incredible resources are priceless. Katie took the time to get to know us and guide us to ensure all of our wishes for a dream wedding came true.
    On the day of the wedding, Katie and Casey ensured every detail was in place and every moment was special. Their passionate team were amazing and our guests were truly amazed. Because of their expertise and outstanding service,we were able to enjoy our magical day and create memories that will last a lifetime.
  • Cassie
    Cassie Married on 06/22/2019

Dream team!

My wedding day was truly perfect and I owe so much of that to Katie and Casey. Katie first helped my older sister with her wedding a few years ago, so I always knew I'd be a "KOWE Legacy Bride!" They were wonderful to work with during the planning process and on our wedding day. I never felt stressed or anxious when we were planning because Katie and Casey honestly had everything handled. They were always responsive to emails/texts, gave us plenty of ideas and tips from their trove of wisdom and experience, and put our minds at ease every step of the way. They recommended awesome vendors and together with them made our vision happen. They worked with our crazy schedules and travel needs for meetings (as we live in Hoboken, NJ but got married in Boston). They were knowledgable about everything and gave us honest opinions that made all the difference. The day of our wedding went off without a hitch, and Katie and Casey helped us have a blast! They are amazing and I can't recommend them enough!!
  • Marissa
    Marissa Married on 06/08/2019

Exceeded all Expectations!!!

Katie O, Casey, and the rest of the KOWE team are the sweetest, most genuine people we had the pleasure of getting to know and plan our dream wedding with. They truly made our wedding planning experience enjoyable, exciting, stress-free, and of course, full of sparkle!!
    From the moment we met with them, we knew that our wedding planning and day-of coordination was going to be in great hands - and we were so right!! Katie and Casey were always there for any questions we had, recommendations, suggestions, and just always kept things fun and stress-free!!
    Everything was absolutely perfect and I didn't even think about anything on my wedding day other than the fact that I was marrying my best friend surrounded by all of our friends and family (some of those being Katie O and team!!!) and the rest fell into place without a second thought from us! I wish we could relive this magical day forever!
    It was truly an honor to have Katie O and team take care of us from wedding planning all the way up to the last dance of the night and beyond - Katie O is truly amazing and will make any dream wedding become a reality - and will add something to your wedding day/experience you never even knew you were missing - SPARKLE!!

Thank you KOWE!!!!
    Sheena W. Married on 06/08/2019

We love Katie and Casey!

We could not be more pleased with Katie O' Weddings & Events! From our first meeting with Katie to our final meeting with Casey, the planning process was stress-free, smooth and fun! Katie and Casey were both so responsive and helpful along the way, even though we hired them for day of coordination, we felt like had full service! They gave us lots of fun ideas and tips along the way, helped us find most of our vendors, and helped us create a day that felt exactly like us. About a month before the wedding, Casey took over all the final details, created a timeline that had more details than I ever thought possible and made sure everything from the rehearsal through the reception ran smoothly (in fact, she fixed problems that day I didn't even know existed - but that's part of the reason we love her so much!). Plus she brought lots of laughter and sparkle to the day ! I felt like I was floating through a dream most of our wedding day - and that really is all thanks to Casey and the rest of our day of team (I'm talking to you Kelly and Amy!). We miss you already!
  • Christine
    Christine Married on 04/12/2019

Dream makers

I believe that Katie and Casey (Katie O Wedding and Events) are storytellers and dream makers… so my review is both a story and a sharing of dreams… it is long, but the care that these two put into my story and dreams rivaled my own and to quickly gloss over it would be a disservice. Katie and Casey came into our lives at the perfect moment. I was trying to plan my then boyfriends 40th birthday party. The party was to be held in Albany, but I was a NYC resident originally from Boston. The party was for 60+ people, in my boyfriends family’s yard and people were traveling in for it. I was way over my head - I needed catering, a tent, cool and unusual ‘things’ to make it special, rain plans, decor, etc… etc… etc… It was also only 2 months before the actual event… I found KOWE’s website and left a somewhat desperate VM and email seeing if they had capacity to help. Fast forward a few phone calls, efficient meetings and emails… and we had the best 40th birthday party ever… so good, in fact, that my boyfriend proposed a few days later… At this point we knew the context we wanted to create around our wedding. We knew we wanted a destination - but no idea where, when or how. I was jokingly chatting with Katie and said “can you hire someone to help you find a destination for your destination wedding?!” Katie went on to tell me her background in destination weddings and to offer a time to chat and go over options… we already had such trust in their ability, taste & judgment… plus we really liked them as people… it was a no brainer. From that conversation our dream wedding was born. A mere 6.5 months later we were in Yountville, CA under the perfect California sky saying I do in the most authentic, real and truthful way to who we are as a couple. We had a 7 event, 4 day wedding weekend for 54 people (48 east coasters and 6 mid westerners — 0 California natives). The weekend was seamless, each event rolled into the next, the vibe we so desired - one of closeness, connection, ease, beauty and class - was oozing out of every interaction, piece of decor and choice made…. I (a very well known OCD, type A planner) was calm, confident and completely present with my guests. All of that was made possible because Katie and Casey got us… they listened to what we wanted, they helped us fill the holes we couldn’t envision yet, they were our partners every single step of the way. They also worked how we worked… we live in NYC, they live in Albany and we planned the entire wedding over video chat and phone calls. They efficiently used our time (even though I don’t think we always efficiently used theirs… lots of rambling emails, videos and ‘thoughts’...) They became our friends… we felt safe, cared for and understood . I have never been more excited to see something come to life and felt more honored to be a part of creating such magic. Our guests were thrilled - we came home to thank you notes for our wedding! We created a context that let our closest people, became close to one another, to create a community and a family for a weekend to celebrate a love that brought it all together. There are a lot of obvious things I’m not even mentioning — the flawless execution, the extreme coordination, the vendor selection, the professionalism, etc… many things you expect… that was all there in spades. The things you don’t expect - to feel like your dreams are being brought to life in front of your eyes, to feel like you’ve gained family, to feel like their voice is equal to your own… we will forever be grateful to Katie and Casey - my husband and I went on this journey together and the four of us made magic happen. We are 100% confident the magic in that California heaven will be a ray of sunshine over our marriage. Katie and Casey can do anything - they had never thrown a wedding in CA never mind an entire weekend affair and they did it with ease… trust them with your story — they will ensure the chapters they are a part of are the stuff dreams are made of. Thank you for everything KOWE… cannot wait to write more chapters together! Love, Christine and Derek
    Mary A. Married on 11/17/2018

The greatest investment of our wedding

Working with Katie O and the KOWE team was a dream! We signed up for the “Day of” services and were blown away by the time and attention KOWE gave us throughout our 14 months of wedding planning. They were always extremely responsive to texts, calls, and emails and provided unbiased advice that helped us make key decisions. With wedding planning, it can feel like you “have” to do or include something but their advice often saved us from doing something we didn’t actually want to do which in turn, saved us money that more than made up for any cost of coordinating fees. Their knowledge and expertise in wedding planning and dealing with the varied personalities that could be involved truly saved our sanity and wallets and provided so much peace doing what could have been a chaotic time. Aside from the business aspect, everyone at KOWE is just wonderful. We looked forward to any interactions with them and their kindness and enthusiasm was truly never failing. Since the wedding, many of our guests commented on their interactions with the KOWE team noting how considerate and helpful they all were. Their care and attention to detail was so appreciated! Especially when the seam on my dress came open and Lauren was there with her needle and thread to fix the dress during the cocktail hour all while I stood there chatting with a guest, munching on my slider app. A true angel! Their services were above anything we could have hoped for and their friendship and care throughout the wedding process were simply invaluable. We are so incredibly happy that we were able to work with Katie, Rachel, Casey and the KOWE team and felt lucky to have them on our side.
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie Married on 11/17/2018

Keep Sparkling!

I can’t believe it’s taken almost a year to write about the amazing people that make up KatieO Events. My husband and I got married last November and hiring the team at KatieO was the best decision we made during the planning process.

When you plan a wedding, of course it is about you and your new spouse, but it’s also about the friends and family you want to share that special day with. From the first day you meet with Katie and Casey, they immediately become friends and make you feel as if they have known you for years. Naturally you feel a sense of comfort when they are handling one of the biggest days of your life.

We left our first meeting knowing we needed to book them immediately. The planning process was so great, They helped with everything from transportation to setting up florals and just overall support. Casey is pretty much always available to answer any question you have - Within like 5 minutes of you sending an email, she will respond. Casey was with us at our final venue meeting, our rehearsal dinner and right by our side on wedding day – As any great family member would be. The best part of the day was returning to our hotel room to find they had stocked our fridge with left over food and CAKE along with the sweetest thank you card and toasting glasses.

For weeks after our wedding, and still to this day our families were RAVING about Casey & Team, and how they wouldn’t have another event without hiring them.

Thank you, Casey, Katie, Annie & Abby for being so passionate about all things weddings and making our day so magical. We can not express how grateful we are to have you in our lives! Keep Sparkling!
  • Jessica
    Jessica Married on 10/06/2018

Lucky to be part of the KOWE family

You will read lots of reviews on how amazing it is to work with Katie and Casey, how it's worth it in every way, and how the wedding became a dream day - believe them, it's all true!!! In addition, I can't thank them enough for being there for me. As I was planning my wedding I was shockingly diagnosed with cancer and needed chemo. All of my wedding dreams went out the door. Katie and Casey checked on me and kept things moving along. I was grateful for our monthly check ins, and in that short period of time I was able to actually feel like a bride. Before my surgery they sent me such a sweet care package that really lifted my spirits and was totally unexpected. Basically, I felt like so much more than a business client to them and I am grateful. When you hire them you truly become part of the KOWE family.
  • Danielle
    Danielle M. Married on 09/15/2018

They made my wedding amazing

When I met Katie and her team I was about 4 months pregnant, and trying to wrap my head around the fact that I needed to plan a wedding for over 300 people. After meeting Katie, my husband and I knew that we were in good hands. We worked with Katie for almost 2 years planning the wedding of our dreams. She basically became family, as did many of the vendors she recommended to us. I can't even fully put into words how much she helped us. From dealing with Sunday texts from me, so going above and beyond to help make my "visions" a reality, Katie and her team (in particular Casey) are truly truly amazing. I can honestly say that I felt little to no stress on the day of my wedding, and the months leading up to it, because I knew that they had it covered. And they did. Even when Kid Rock decided to schedule a concert last minute the night of my wedding. Long story. Regardless, I would and have recommended Katie O' and her team. They ROCK!!
  • kayceelovespeekay
    Kristine Married on 09/14/2018

You will not find a better DOC

There is not a better DOC out there than the KOWE team. I truly do not think there are enough wonderful things to say about them. From the very beginning, Casey eased my mind by helping to give me honest feedback about potential vendors and work through any other big decisions we were making. Once we were 2 months out, we talked quite frequently and she starting pulling together our day of timeline, which was so incredibly detailed, it made my type-A heart flutter. They do everything: confirm timing with your vendors, make sure everything runs smoothly, even picked up a replacement tux when the best man forgot his (not kidding). Book. Them. Now!
    Alysa Married on 06/23/2018
    The KOWE team is truly amazing. Casey Benson was the senior coordinator for our wedding. She truly put our minds at ease. From the moment we hired KOWE, Casey was supportive, quick to answer questions, and all around extremely pleasant to work with! Having Casey and the KOWE team at our wedding allowed me, my family and my bridal party to enjoy every moment of the wedding without having any worries or added stress. KOWE was professional and helpful from the start of wedding planning to the very end of the wedding! Casey even mailed me the lip gloss I accidentally left with her from the wedding night! If you are looking for wedding coordinators that go above and beyond to make your wedding go perfectly, KOWE is the way to go! We are SO happy we did.
    Claire Married on 03/25/2018
    Where do I begin with KOWE!!! The first time we met Katie and Casey, we knew that we couldn’t put this wedding together without them. They were sweet, funny, and SUPER excited to plan a Doctor Who themed brunch wedding. We hired them for their full service package, as we really needed help from scratch. They were there for us every step of the way, helped us choose all of our vendors, and kept us organized and constantly updated. They were readily available for any questions or concerns, and always acted with efficiency and professionalism. We had routine phone chats that always made us laugh and breathe a sigh of relief, making us even more excited for our wedding day. A day which we will always remember with happiness and joy. I've heard stories about brides being stressed with things on their wedding day, and how something will inevitably go wrong. I can honestly say that our day went PERFECTLY!! Maybe things behind the scenes didn't go according to plan, but we had no idea because we knew we had the KOWE team as our safety net so we got to focus on how excited we were to be getting married. We didn't have to think about anything, just feel the emotion of the day and enjoy our time with each other, and our friends and family. Our photos and video clearly show that it was the happiest day of our lives, and we owe that to the KOWE team and the vendors they helped us hire. We love Katie and Casey so much, and they will always hold a special place in our hearts. Thank you for helping us create the dream day that kicked off our marriage. We’d recommend them to anyone who has a special event and needs/wants a great team to help put it all together!! Thanks again KOWE!
    Chenique Married on 03/02/2018
    There is no way we could've had such a smooth, stress-free wedding planning process without Katie and Casey (and the team). From day one they were our go to! From random how-to questions throughout the whole process, emotional support when it was needed, and several opportunities to "Save the Day" the day of the wedding (which was during a blizzard) they made the whole process low stress and dare I say-FUN! I seriously can't thank them enough. Everything went so smoothly, even when there were "hiccups"-such as a tear in my dress, Katie swooped in to Save the Day and correct the issue before I even knew what was going on. It was absolutely amazing! We were really able to just be present and enjoy our day! The KOWE team is really passionate and SKILLED at what they do. I'd highly recommend them!
    Anne Married on 10/21/2017
    Katie and Casey "had us at hello!" From the first conversation (I'm in Long Island and they are in Saratoga Springs where our wedding took place) they listened and took action! We needed to plan a lot over the phone and email ideas back and forth...Katie and Casey just took the stress right out of the equation! When we finally met in person they were like family! Every detail, right down to placing candles on the steps down to our tented reception was handled with love and care! Having them on "our team" was the best investment I made in my daughter's dream wedding! We couldn't have done it without them...I highly recommend them not only for their knowledge and professionalism but their "sparkle" and ability to have fun! Loved them!!!
    Kate Married on 09/28/2017
    KOWE was the best idea we could have made for our wedding day! There was zero stress day of - I can’t imagine ever getting married without Katie and Casey and all of the coordinators there to help! We will recommend Katie and Casey to everyone we know that’s getting married!
    Ashton Married on 09/23/2017
    I don't even know where to start with reviewing Katie O Events because it was that amazing. My day of coordinator was Casey and she brought two assistants. The kept us on schedule all day long, and made sure everyone is at the correct location at the right time. They had everything you could think of in their aprons, from safety pins, lint brushes, gum, etc. just the smallest things you would never of thought of! Casey made my dream day so perfect, and when any issues arose she handled it and left me out of it so I was worry free! They all gave such a positive vibe and I am endless thankful for them. It truly felt like Casey had become a close friend and I am sad I will no longer work with her! I DON'T KNOW HOW BRIDES DO IT WITHOUT A COORDINATOR!!
    Becky Married on 10/15/2016
    Ok seriously- if you are trying to plan a wedding or have a problem free wedding day by yourself then you are out of your mind!!! Katie O & her team are literally so amazing. They know exactly what they are doing and do it so well. They keep everyone on a tight schedule so nothing is missed and make sure all people and things are at the right location!
    Katie O and her team have worked with my family for four weddings now. She has done so much as to make sure no one is chewing gum, make a row of umbrellas form the trolley to the entrance of the venue so no one gets wet, and rerouting busses that accidentally went to the wrong hotel to pick up guests.
    The nicest thing about having this team with you is that you can enjoy your day to the fullest. You don't have to be making any phone calls, or writing out checks the day of your wedding, etc. She takes care of everything for you- making sure the day is the most sparkly day ever.
    You need a wedding planner- DO IT ! :-) ;-)
    Nicole Married on 09/23/2016
    There are just not enough words to express the love that we have for Katie and her team! They are simply the best! Not only are they some of the most SPARKLY people you will ever meet, they genuinely love what they do and it showed throughout the almost 2 years that we worked with them. Katie and Casey truly took the time to know us as a couple. I truly believe that the time invested by Katie and Casey to get to know us is the reason why our wedding was such a success. From the vendor selection to events of the day-we were overjoyed with our "team" and how they all worked together to make our wedding day so special.

We said it from the first week of working with Katie and Casey and we're still saying it a month after the wedding-having Katie O Wedding and Events as part of our day was the best decision we made throughout our wedding planning. We just love them!