Katie Kelly Hair + Makeup Artist Reviews

20 | Newburgh, NY

20 Reviews for Katie Kelly Hair + Makeup Artist

20 Katie Kelly Hair + Makeup Artist Reviews

Melissa · Married on 09/03/2018

Katie was so wonderful, I'm so glad we booked her for our Catskills wedding! When I first reached out, she was helpful with answering my (many) questions and pointing me to examples of her work. When my now wife and I went to her house for our wedding preview, she was super easy to chat with and listened attentively while we each explained what we were looking for. She worked well with each of our hair -- I have fine straight hair that can't hold a curl, but Katie got it to! And my wife has super thick curly hair that Katie was able to work with and tame into a beautiful elegant look. We talked through some tweaks once we were finished, and she had great suggestions how to improve the looks on our wedding day.

Leading up to the big day, we ended up having more bridesmaids who wanted their hair done than we originally thought . Katie didn't break a sweat when it came down to discussing the schedule and timing though. She arrived and got down to business and we finished *ahead* of schedule. She was also such a delight to be around and her calm and friendly attitude definitely rubbed off on everyone around. We also had a bunch of different hair types and she did an amazing job on everyone.

It was such a pleasure to work with her and I'm so glad we found her!

Alyssa · Married on 08/17/2018

Katie was a true professional and kept me at ease throughout the entire wedding planning process. She was accommodating with scheduling a trial and working with a busy schedule. Our wedding day was very muggy and my hair was perfect all night long. My bridesmaids had so much fun with Katie and her style is amazing. Don't keep searching for a hair stylist and book Katie!

Audrye · Married on 08/05/2018

Katie was punctual and professional. She was very helpful in explaining how different styles would turn out. I went for a different updo from my trial, and I absolutely loved the final look (and received a ton of compliments)! I really enjoyed working with Katie and would highly recommend her!

Katie · Married on 08/03/2018

Katie was so great! Everyone was happy with how their hair looked, and styles lasted through the evening. She was able to easily imitate photos provided by bridesmaids, and offer suggestions/changes to styles if she thought something would work better. I wanted each bridesmaid to wear their hair however they wanted, which meant Katie was required to do many different styles and she nailed them all! I would definitely recommend her for wedding hair!

Nicki · Married on 06/15/2018

Katie does a fantastic job! I was so excited to work with Katie after finding her on Instagram and meeting her for the bridal hair trial. She's highly capable and very relaxing to be around - you can trust her to do a great job for the bride, the bridesmaids, the MOH, the MOB, and the flower girls! My hair lasted from 2pm-2am withstanding all the dancing, eating and hugging. Couldn't have been luckily to have found/worked with her!

Katie Kelly Hair + Makeup Artist 1
    Katie Kelly Hair + Makeup Artist 2

Jillian · Married on 05/19/2018

I worked with Katie through another company for hair on my wedding so I can’t speak to how she runs things but for our trial and wedding day she was amazing! On the day of the wedding it was raining all day and I was going back and forth with if I should keep to my original style of half up and half down that I did during the trial and loved so much. She was honest and took the time to look at the weather forecast and humidity to give me an honest opinion. Because of her I stuck with my plan and I’m so happy I did. We were a two bride wedding as well and there was a lot of hair to be done. Everyone looked so great. When we finished a little early she stayed until our original end time to make sure anyone who needed a touch up got one. I hadn’t planned any hair accessories either and didn’t really care but my now wife had extras and it was Katie’s idea to use them. She kindly ran to the other room to get them and added them to my hair. They really added a nice touch and I was glad she did that. I should also mention that all of our bridesmaids looked stunning! She is awesome at hair and I highly recommend her!

Taylor · Married on 04/21/2018

Katie did the hair for my April 21st wedding and she was an absolute dream. She did updos for me and three bridesmaids and blow-outs for the mothers of the bride and groom. Katie did exactly what I envisioned with my hair and it lasted the whole evening (10+ hours) and still looked good even after I took the veil out. Even my notoriously fussy mother was happy with her hair and very impressed that the styling lasted all night.

If you are thinking about booking Katie for your next event, I highly recommend her. From the trial through the wedding, she was great to work with!

Angeli · Married on 04/20/2018

Katie was wonderful to work with! She was super communicative, receptive, and thorough, and brought her talent and professionalism through each step of the process from beginning to end. She made me and my girls look amazing. Each of us had a style that was very individual, from boho to glam, and each style was done with a creative eye and attention to detail. I loved my low updo with fishtail braids! I would book Katie again in a heartbeat, and recommend her wholeheartedly to any bride in the NYC area. Thank you Kelly, for your amazing work and making me and my bridal party feel so beautiful on my wedding day!

Katie Kelly Hair + Makeup Artist 3
    Katie Kelly Hair + Makeup Artist 4

Laura · Married on 09/16/2017

Katie Kelly did my hair for my wedding in October and I couldn't have been happier! I made a few small tweaks as to how I wanted it from my trial and she executed perfectly. My hair perfectly matched the rustic chic vibe I was going for and I had compliments all night. Katie also managed to do all 14 bridesmaids/mothers/stepsisters/inlaws done perfectly that morning. I cannot thank her enough!!! 5 stars!

Vanessa · Married on 08/26/2017

Katie was an absolute dream on my wedding on Saturday!!! She is SO talented, every one of my bridesmaids LOVED their hair which is rarely
    the case. She was able to style each hairstyle exactly based on the Pinterest pictures they provided.
    For the entire wedding planning process, I had such a difficult time selecting a hairstyle for myself. I went through multiple trials with multiple artists. I even changed my wedding day style from my trial with katie. On the day of, Katie was able to create a style that was what I always envisioned. I am so happy with the way I looked.
    She was also able to keep things moving that day, and was so accommodating and professional. It was truly a pleasure to work with her and I am so thankful I found her!!

Stefanie · Married on 07/29/2017

Katie was an absolute pleasure to work with! I found her on social media and was so excited to have a trial with her. Not only was she so down to earth and friendly to work with, but she brought my vision to life. I felt confident going into the wedding that I was in such good hands having Katie as my hair stylist. My hair came out gorgeous, so did my bridesmaids, MOB and MOG. Everyone looked absolutely stunning and we couldn't have done it without Katie! She was so thorough with everyone, yet still finished with plenty of time to spare! It was truly a relaxing day, we never felt rushed or stressed. I cannot thank her enough for her time management skills, creativity and talent!

Julia · Married on 06/24/2017

Katie was amazing to work with from start to finish. She nailed the look I was going for in the trial and recreated (and even made it more beautiful) for the wedding day. She is incredibly responsive, goes with the flow, and was able to get through my fairly large bridal party with time to spare. I could not have been happier to use her and would love an excuse to work with her again.

Chelsea · Married on 06/10/2017

Katie did hair for my bridesmaids, my mom, and myself and we all could not have been happier with the GORGEOUS work she did. I felt glamorous but natural and everyone kept saying that they felt like princesses! Beyond her incredible work, Katie was friendly and warm and chatted along with my friends and I as we got ready. She was also wonderful at my trial and kept me updated as we approached the wedding date with helpful info. I wish I could have Katie do my hair every day, and would recommend her a million times over for your bridal hair!

Mara · Married on 05/06/2017

Katie was wonderful to work with! She accommodated my large bridal party, all with different types of hair, and everyone looked beautiful! We were ready ahead of schedule even with adding a few extra people to list. I would definitely recommend her, she's sweet, calm and very talented.
    Thanks Katie!!

Katie Kelly Hair + Makeup Artist 5
    Katie Kelly Hair + Makeup Artist 6
    Katie Kelly Hair + Makeup Artist 7
    Katie Kelly Hair + Makeup Artist 8
    Katie Kelly Hair + Makeup Artist 9

Erica · Married on 10/30/2016

Book Katie!! She is extremely professional and is an artist with hair. She is able to execute any updo/braid/blowout you could ever want with mastery. The bridal party was EXTREMELY pleased with how everyone's hair turned out, and the pictures from the day came out absolutely lovely -- all thanks to Katie! Would definitely book again and again and again :)

Tiffany · Married on 06/25/2016

Katie was amazing. Not only is she talented, she is very helpful with helping people figure out what works for them. I am personally bad at making decisions, and was struggling with what to do with my hair for my wedding and was anxious about making that decision. She gave me an honest opinion about what would work for me and I could not have been happier. She knew how to give me a style that worked for me physically and my personality. The day of the wedding, she got everyone done with time to spare, and everyone looked beautiful! She has such a wide range of ability for styles and can do anything you ask! Katie was also just very sweet and great to work with.

Sent on 08/29/2017

Katie Kelly Hair + Makeup Artist's reply:

Thanks so much, Tiffany!
  • W

Whitney · Married on 05/18/2016

These ladies were fantastic to work with. Even when I wasn't sure what I wanted, they brainstormed with me and made sure I was 100% happy with my hair and makeup before the end of my trial. Absolutely loved them, and I had never felt so beautiful in my life.

Lauren · Married on 05/14/2016

Katie is so receptive to opinions and really took the time to make sure I was 100% happy every time she did my hair. When Katie did my engagement photo shoot hair, it was 95 degrees outside and humid and the style lasted perfectly through the entire outdoor shoot (and even when I changed and went out afterwards!) For both my bridal portraits and my day-of wedding hair, she ensured the concerns I have with my hair type were handled and that I felt confident and beautiful!

Caitlin · Married on 03/05/2016

Katie was absolutely wonderful to work with. She was a great energy to have around on such a stressful day. All of my bridesmaids wanted unique looks and she nailed every single one, ranging from very traditional to super fun and funky. I'm convinced she can do any hair style! If you're looking for someone who's great to have around on your big day and to help you look STUNNING, Katie's your girl!

Lauren · Married on 09/15/2018

Katie was an absolute pleasure to work with. I knew I wanted a really simple look but still wanted to appear elegant and put together. Katie came up with great suggestions and we landed on a super pretty up do topped with a flower crown and it was exactly what I was looking for. She did a wonderful job on my family and bridesmaids. She is so talented and passionate and that is reflected in the detailed service she provides. I could not suggest her enough. Thank you for making me feel so beautiful and for being a part of my special day :)

Katie Kelly Hair + Makeup Artist 10