Katie Kaizer Photography Reviews

Katie Kaizer Photography 5
Katie Kaizer Photography 6
Katie Kaizer Photography 7

Alissa · Married on 09/08/2014

I can not speak highly enough about Katie's photography. I am beyond thrilled with the entire experience of being photographed and the photos are beyond my expectations. Five stars is not enough. She is an exceptional talent, friendly, reliable, trustworthy, knowledgable of the island, a true professional--the perfect person to be capturing your special moments. The previews she posted were wonderful, and up online so quickly. Looking through the proofs, there are so many more that I love.

A little background on myself and the session...I am a wedding photographer in Connecticut who has been visiting Nantucket with my husband and dog for several years. My husband proposed to me on Nantucket with our much loved dog. It is a very special place to us and at one point we had discussed having our wedding on Nantucket or an engagement session, neither happened--so we did the next best thing by doing a portrait shoot.

Our dog was misbehaved, the day was cloudy, and yet the photos are priceless treasures I couldn't love more. My friends and family have given us so many compliments on them. Katie is the choice to make, and I easily recommend her to anyone/everyone who would listen and if we ever go back, I'd love to hire her again in a heartbeat. Thank you so much Katie!!

Sent on 10/08/2014

Kara · Married on 08/16/2014

If you want perfectly captured photographs of your special day.. Katie Kaizer is your photographer. She exceeds all expectations and goes above and beyond. Katie's pictures captured our wedding day to the fullest and every picture makes us loose our breath with beauty and excellence. Katie was incredibly easy to work with and supported us with what we wanted and what we were looking for. She was so easy to be photographed in front of and made us feel so comfortable. Thank you Katie for being apart of our dream wedding. You help us bring it back to life every time we look at our photographs. <3
    Our summer wedding took place on August 16,2014 in Nantucket, MA. The ceremony was held at St Marys Lady of the Isle and out reception was held at the Jetties Beach, catered by Nantucket Catering Company.

Sent on 10/26/2014

Katie Kaizer did an absolutely fabulous job with the photography at our engagement session, rehearsal dinner, and wedding!! She was incredibly flexible during the weekend of our engagement shoot when bad weather was forecast and, with luck on our side, we ended up with a beautiful evening and incredible photos that we used for the guest book at the wedding and our announcement. During our actual wedding weekend, she took the time earlier in the week to come out to Whale's Watch at the exact time our wedding would be to pick the best location and lighting for our ceremony. She put our friends and family at ease during the rehearsal at the White Elephant and switched locations for the welcome party at the Nantucket Yacht Club. On the day of the wedding, she met us at the salon and her second shooter went separately to be with the groom as he got ready. Katie was responsive, warm, and personable throughout our planning, wedding, and after the event. Most importantly, her photos are stunning. We continuously look back over them and are awed at the outstanding images she captured. We would recommend her a thousand times over and hope we have the chance to work with her again in the future.

Sent on 12/15/2014

Danielle · Married on 06/21/2014

Katie Kaizer is an amazing photographer, capturing every moment of our day so beautifully. My husband and I worked with Katie for our engagement photos as well as our rehearsal dinner and wedding day on Nantucket. Not only is she extremely talented but she is equally professional and kind. We could not have felt more at ease and comfortable in front of the camera and that is all thanks to Katie!

I came across Katie's work in many Nantucket magazines and a quick google search. We had a telephone call to discuss our plans for the upcoming wedding and felt it was a perfect match. We first met for engagement photos on Nantucket the weekend before Daffodil festival, and Katie had the perfect shots in mind. She captured us and the island so beautifully.

Throughout the year we emailed and phoned to talk about wedding details for the rehearsal dinner and wedding day, including a timeline of the day/evening to keep us organized. Living in London, we were initially concerned about planning with the distance and time difference, but it could not have gone more smoothly. Katie also knew and had worked with most all of our vendors which made us feel even more at ease! Once we arrived on island, we did one last meeting over a coffee to run through the final details. Everything ran according to plan and we were eager to see the photos! Katie emailed us within the next week with our much anticipated blog post followed by a flash drive and beautiful photo of us within a couple of weeks. We will cherish these memories for a lifetime!

Sent on 09/02/2014

Susan · Married on 06/08/2014

Katie took photos for my daughter's engagement and wedding on Nantucket. From start to finish, working with Katie was a dream. She listened to what we wanted-- and delivered! She worked hard, but unobtrusively at the wedding. Everyone is thrilled with the photos-- when you can please the bride, groom, parents and grandparents, that's saying a lot!

Sent on 08/14/2014

Mimi · Married on 06/08/2014

Katie Kaizer was my photographer for my engagement pictures, rehearsal dinner and wedding. She did a fabulous job. I would highly recommend her. She was very professional and the quality of service was top notch. We were able to go to our favorite spots during our engagement shoot and the she made it enjoyable. She is very flexible with our schedules and timing as well. We were very happy with all the pictures she took. She listened to what I wanted and my mom wanted during each meeting we had with her and although my mom can be a bit difficult I know she loved how everything came out. I have only heard the highest praises from friends and family about how our pictures turned out. I have been vacationing on Nantucket since I was born and I loved being able to have someone from Nantucket shoot for us. We will be using Katie for family portraits in years to come. I am happy to say I also made a new friend. Please use Katie she will not disappoint.

Sent on 09/22/2014
  • User4020624 · 2+ years ago

Katie was wonderful to work with - she was flexible throughout the entire planning process and really customized her services to fit our needs. For example, I really wanted to get a number of photos of just the bride and groom because we did not have an engagement photo session, and she was able to capture this! She was extremely easy to work with and I have received dozens of comments from family and friends about how impressed they were with her photos. Our wedding was on Nantucket and we were able to go straight from the church down to Brant Point to take photos in front of the lighthouse - the ferry even rode by which made for great pictures! We were nervous about the time of year (November) and the light that would be left post-ceremony, but Katie created a perfect timeline. All of our photos sessions were extremely efficient, and we were back at the White Elephant in time to enjoy our cocktail hour and reception. I would HIGHLY recommend her to future brides!

Sent on 04/07/2014

Suzanne · Married on 10/26/2013

I would recommend Katie to absolutely anyone! We had an October wedding with about 100 guests at the White Elephant on Nantucket. From the the very first email, Katie was professional and personable, and I knew we had found the perfect photographer. Her attention to detail was unmatched, and she was excellent at capturing the most intimate moments of our wedding without being "in our face". We enjoy our photos daily and will continue to in the months and years ahead. I feel so lucky to have had Katie during our wedding day. Her photography truly is an art!

Sent on 04/18/2014

Holly · Married on 10/05/2013

Our wedding took place in Nantucket, MA in the fall. Our ceremony was at the Siasconset Chapel and the reception immediately followed at Sankaty Golf Club. Katie was phenomenal. Our pictures are truly amazing and everybody who views them are always blown away. She captured EVERYTHING and did it with a huge smile on her face. We loved how quickly she whisked us away between the ceremony and the reception so we wouldn't miss out on our day and all of our 170 guests. She captured moments we didn't even notice she was getting. It was such a pleasure to work with Katie and everybody loved her. I have attended weddings where the photographer takes a long time to get all of the group shots and is sometimes in the way of all the fun... Not Katie! She was part of the fun and hardly noticed at the key moments. We could not be happier with her work. Every bride and groom should be so lucky to have her!

Sent on 04/17/2014

Kelley · Married on 09/13/2013

Katie was phenomenal throughout our wedding day, she rolled with everything we threw at her with professionalism and patience. Our pictures came out better than we ever expected. Thank you.

Sent on 11/25/2013

andrea · Married on 08/10/2013

Katie was recommended to us by the caterer for my daughter's wedding. From our first communication with her, Katie was just a pleasure to work with. We especially loved her journalistic style of photography, as she captured what appeared to be truly spontaneous moments that told a personal story of the day.

On the day of the wedding, all of our guests commented on how great she was, never interrupting the action, but always catching the great smile or unscripted special moment. Our wedding parade through the old town on cobblestone streets was a unique experience for us all, a highlight of the day, and the photos capture the spontaneous joy of the entire wedding party.
    My experience after the event has been equally positive. Producing a wonderfully evocative blog soon after the wedding to share with our friends and family, Katie has continued to be responsive and professional. I recommend her wholeheartedly with no reservations! The Mother of the Bride!

Sent on 10/08/2013

Ashley · Married on 08/08/2013

We cannot say enough wonderful things about Katie Kaizer! She was lovely to work with from start to finish and made the planning process so incredibly easy! Planning a wedding from far away can have it’s stressful moments, but Katie was so wonderful to work with and listened to our requests and concerns, making us feel at ease. We’re both not that comfortable in front of the camera and Katie made us look like naturals! She truly captured the essence and feel of our special day through her photographs. She’s unbelievably talented and her photo package is a great value. When we look at our pictures, it’s like like stepping back in time and being right there again. We couldn’t be happier! Thank you Katie!

Sent on 01/26/2014

Coleen · Married on 06/29/2013

Katie worked with us from the beginning to come up with a package that would fit our non-traditional wedding. She met with the venue before the wedding to be sure it was set up perfectly for the photographs. She calmed us during our weather panic and basically coordinated the wedding behind the scenes. On top of all that we have the most beautiful and artistic photographs to document our amazing day! I highly recommend Katie to anyone who would like to have beautiful memories made even more beautiful!

Sent on 07/28/2013

Alicia · Married on 06/22/2013

Katie was a huge and unbelievable asset to our wedding!! I was actually extremely nervous to be photographed, as I have a pretty big "pictures of myself" phobia, but she made it seem so fluid and natural that I soon realized I had nothing to worry about. And when we saw the results of her hard work, we AND everybody who has seen the pictures was absolutely blown away. Her style is charming and fun, and has a realness...no awkward and super-staged looking pictures that you see in typical wedding photos. I feel so grateful to have had her as our photographer!! Love her big time!!!

Sent on 11/17/2013

Evan · Married on 06/22/2013

On a day when pretty much everything was perfect, Katie and her photos stand out as one of the best parts.
    We got married on a friend's farm in Northern California and Katie came ALLLLLLL the way out, several days before the event, and got right to work. She scoped the venue, got priceless pictures of the rehearsal and setup, the rehearsal dinner, the venue before and after, all the things we're going to love looking back on as years go by. And, most importantly, her pictures are stunning. Across the board, friends and family ask if our wedding photos are going to be in magazines and on wedding blogs because they're fairytale good.
    Katie is nice, funny, professional, smart, helpful, generous, and, again, an amazing photographer. Can't imagine anyone doing a better job on this important day.

Sent on 11/20/2013

Kaitlyn · Married on 06/15/2013

Katie was the absolute best. She has a perfect balance of professionalism, talent, creativity and fun which shines through her photos. She was so much fun to work with, everyone loved her spirit and energy. We also had our dog in our wedding party and she was even able to incorporate him and capture his attention throughout all our photos which was amazing and meant a lot to us. She really went the extra step in all aspects and I would recommend to her everyone.

Sent on 11/07/2013

Jennifer · Married on 05/26/2013

Katie Kaizer did an amazing job on our wedding photos! We had a destination wedding on St. John in the USVI and we absolutely had to bring her with us! Since she was on the island with us for all the wedding festivities, we were lucky enough to have her at ALL of our events- the rehearsal dinner, the wedding, the day-after brunch, even just regular, relaxing days at the beach. It was hard to see her ago before the honeymoon since we were so used to her capturing every great moment! My husband and I am so pleased with everything from her professionalism, attention to detail, and her fantastic work. We feel so grateful to have found such an amazing photographer who beautifully and perfectly captured some of the moments that we will forever treasure most in our lives. Katie genuinely strives to provide her customer with the best images of their wedding day (or any other event). She is thorough- planning ahead of time with a list of "must haves" -as well as just having an eye for the perfect candids that are better than any "must have." Katie is truly a treasure of a photographer.

Sent on 06/09/2014

Lori · Married on 10/13/2012

Katie Kaizer photographed our wedding in October 2012. Katie is incredibly talented and truly an artist. Her dedication and attention to the details of our wedding was touching. She was professional, energetic, accommodating and effortless with her work throughout the entire process. We will always cherish the moments that Katie captured in her stunning photography and we are so grateful that we had the opportunity to work with Katie on our special day. Thank you, Katie!

Sent on 06/07/2013

Mary Beth · Married on 09/30/2012

Katie is an absolute joy and it was so wonderful to work with her. She has a real knack for making you feel totally comfortable in front of the camera and her pictures reflect that beautifully. Not only is Katie an incredibly talented photographer but she's also flexible and accomodating. Katie was with us for our entire weekend, capturing every moment from our rehearsal to our post-wedding shoot. Whatever memories you are looking create, you definitely want Katie there to capture them all. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 12/16/2012

Melissa · Married on 09/07/2012

Katie is one in a million! A top notch photographer in Nantucket, Cape Cod and beyond.

When we first started looking at photographers on Nantucket it became apparent that Katie had the creative eye we were seeking as well as the professionalism we knew our families would expect when photographing our wedding. Turns out we were right. Katie went above and beyond, testing out lighting and various lenses to perfectly capture the excitement and emotion apparent throughout the event. Her ability to incorporate space, color and nature is another quality that sets her work apart. She also demonstrated that she is not afraid to take risks. We asked her to come up with an idea for our photo booth and she was glad to take it on. Finally, she is hard working, personable and an all around pleasure to work with. Our photos are top quality and were delivered to us in a timely manner. We gladly recommend her work!

Sent on 11/05/2012

Peyton · Married on 08/18/2012

Katie is fantastic! She is an awesome person, and super photographer. She adapts really well to any client - making sure she captures the style and feeling they want for their wedding. She is incredibly on top of every detail, asking every question, meeting all deadlines, delivering anything a client has asked for. She was a pleasure to work with leading up to the wedding, and awesome on the wedding day! I felt like I had a friend and wedding planner in Katie, in addition to a superb photographer! She was so easy to be around, and captured amazing candids and posed pictures, without being at all intrusive. Katie is awesome!

Sent on 11/01/2012

Sarah · Married on 08/12/2012

Katie is an absolutely wonderful photographer and is also a complete joy to work with! She photographed both our rehearsal dinner and our wedding. We were originally unsure about using a professional photographer for the rehearsal dinner but after seeing Katie's photos we were SO glad we did it. Katie is timely, flexible, affordable, and went above and beyond the calls of duty for a photographer. We are still emailing each other 5 months after the wedding just to chat and submit the photos to publications, something I told Katie I wanted to do! So far we have had our wedding featured in Style Me Pretty! Definitely use Katie! Our wedding was on August 12th, 2012 in Nantucket MA at the Sankaty Head Golf Club. Our rehearsal was at the Sconset Casino.

Sent on 01/02/2013

Liane · Married on 07/03/2012

Katie, is amazing and goes above and beyond to make sure you have a wonderful experience!!! I can't wait to go back to Nantucket for our 1 year anniversary in July for a portrait session! Katie made our day so special!!!!

Sent on 10/18/2012

It was absolutely wonderful to have Katie taking photos at our wedding. She was a pleasure to work with leading up to the event - sorting out details with a minimum of emails and anticipating our questions, always with enthusiasm and a smile that you could see even through email. She was also very professional and engaged on the day of the wedding itself. She and her second-shooter Scott were great from the time we were getting ready through to the end of the night and got so many really amazing shots throughout the day. Katie was also very understanding of what we were looking for from the photos - after the ceremony she quickly got us through the formal photos and then in only 20 minutes after that she took a wide variety of beautiful shots of just the two of us in the surrounding neighborhood - it really let us get the amazing pictures we wanted to remember the event by but also enjoy seeing our family and friends (and the party). We are very happy with Katie's work and recommend her highly to anyone looking for a relaxed and enthusiastic, professional and creative photographer for their wedding day (or anything else for that matter).

Sent on 10/22/2012

seth · Married on 06/24/2012

Hiring Katie Kaizer as our photographer was probably one of the best decisions we made regarding our recent destination wedding in Stow, VT. Not only was she extremely professional in terms of the business side she is truly gifted and an artist of her craft. My wife is extremely photophobic and Katie made her feel at ease. She was never intrusive and felt like she was part of the family. She even did a pre-shoot with us at our new house to get ready for the big day. The photos turned out beautiful and we got so many compliments about her at our wedding and have received so much feedback regarding our fantastic photos. She is a true professional and I would highly recommend her for your special day!!!!

Sent on 11/07/2012