Kathryn Kim Photography Reviews

Kathryn Kim Photography 3
  • Danielle

Danielle Short · Married on 05/24/2019

Highly recommend Kathryn Kim Photography

From the moment I saw Kathryn's website online, I knew I wanted her to be our wedding photographer. Not only does she take amazing photos but she has so much personality and it shows on her website, in her work, and in all of her communications. She was extremely organized and communicative throughout the entire process and kept us informed every step of the way. On the day of the wedding, it was like having another friend there taking our photos. Kathryn and her second shooter Sarah did an incredible job documenting all the special moments and were friendly with the guests and so easy to work with. After going through the whole process and having seen the final product and all the photos, I would highly highly recommend Kathryn Kim Photography for weddings and other special life things!

Sent on 06/18/2019

Gina · Married on 10/27/2018

How do I rate more than 5 stars..

From the moment we met I knew that if Kathryn wasn’t at our wedding taking photos, I would need her there as a friend and guest (although to be fair, I’m so lucky she was taking photos!!). She took both our engagement (which I wasn’t sure I wanted but I’m SO glad we did because 1. They’re unreal and 2. It gave us an opportunity to be in front of the camera with Kathryn before the wedding) and our wedding photos, and since then we’ve been forced to build a minor shrine to ourselves because they're that good. I appreciated her location suggestions for our engagement photos, her flexibility and easy goingness ALWAYS, her schedule for the literally all of the wedding, and her Bachelor knowledge. Instead of having to pose, she captured the magic that was already there in the moments that everyone saw and the ones that no one did. The emotion is palpable in every picture. Not only has everyone LOVED our photos but so many people have said they brought them to tears. Kathryn, you are the best thing. Thank you thank you thank you.

Sent on 11/21/2018

Sidney · Married on 10/20/2018

Reliving our perfect day, whenever we want

Kathryn is AMAZING to work with. We first booked her for our wedding photos. With so many decisions that had to be made, Kathryn was always a great help in aiding us through the process. We had a phone call and discussed some of the ideas we had, she offered suggestions for locations and helped us figure out how to time it all with our complex timeline. We chose to do a first look and it did not disappoint. Kathryn brought out the best in us and we had loads of fun in the process. She’s a miracle worker haha. 8 hours on your fee photographing isn’t easy, but her shots at the end of the night were just as precious as the first she took.

Once I got the photos back, it was like living the day and it’s magic all over again. She caught so many happy tears, laughs, smiles and all the emotions came flodding back. When you’re in your own wedding, the day really does flash in the blink of an eye. A whole year of planning came and went in what was truly the best day of our lives. We can’t express enough how much it means that Kathryn was able to capture it all.

5-stars to Kathryn’s Kim Photography for her talent, easy going-ness yet professionalism, passion for creating good photos, ability to make you look so good and natural, and ability to get so much out of the day.
    I’m posting some of the photos I downloaded to my phone and we also got high resolution versions for printing

Sent on 11/18/2018
  • Kayla

Kayla Ranney · Married on 10/13/2018

Wonderful Colorado Photographer!

We are so happy we hired Kathryn to photograph our wedding! Our photos turned out lovely and truly captured our day. She was also fantastic to work on our wedding and day throughout our planning process.

Sent on 11/10/2018

Victoria · Married on 08/11/2018

My husband and I employed Kathryn Kim for both our engagement and wedding pictures. She was a joy to work with and made the experience easy and seamless. She delivers a high quality product using an easy to use delivery method (gallery) and her inviting and friendly personality and energy make her a joy to work with. We love her!

Sent on 09/15/2018
    Kathryn Kim Photography 4
    Kathryn Kim Photography 5
    Kathryn Kim Photography 6

Carol · Married on 06/23/2018

Kathryn Kim Photography did an amazing job with our engagement and wedding pictures! We scored the Overlook Chapel at the YMCA of the Rockies in Estes Park, which has some spectacular mountain views, and we felt it was important that our photographer capture us and the surrounding nature beautifully. Kathryn did not disappoint! Her personality is delightful, which is key if you're not used to being in front of a camera! She was always quick to respond and made sure that everything was squared away before our wedding day. In the end, she provided us with a crazy amount of gorgeous edited pictures within a reasonable time frame after the wedding. We highly recommend Kathryn Kim Photography for your engagement and wedding day photos!

Sent on 08/05/2018

Holly · Married on 06/16/2018

Can I give more than 5 stars?

Kathryn is hands down the best! Not only did our photos turn out incredible, she helped keep the day running efficiently and was super fun and easy to work with. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/20/2018

Steffy · Married on 12/05/2015

She is the absolute best!! Captured our wedding day perfectly

Sent on 01/16/2016

My husband and I could not be more pleased with our wedding photos! Kathryn Kim Photography did such a fantastic job (even with some rainy weather)! Kathryn worked with us before the wedding to make sure we got all the photos we wanted. We received the photos in a very reasonable time after the wedding. We HIGHLY recommend Kathryn Kim Photography!

Sent on 10/09/2015

Ellen · Married on 07/10/2015

Kathryn was wonderful to work with during both our engagement shoot and wedding day. She was great about listening to what was important to us and I think captured our style very well. We were so pleased with all of our photos and wouldn't hesitate to recommend her to others looking for a wedding photographer.

Sent on 09/28/2015

Kelli · Married on 07/04/2015

Kathryn was so great to work with! She photographed our engagement session and our wedding. She was very engaging, and we really felt like we could be ourselves.

Sent on 07/21/2015

Corey · Married on 05/22/2015

When planning our wedding, my wife and I mutually agreed that the pictures were one of the most important parts. Choosing Kathryn Kim as our photographer was the absolute best decision we could have made. I was highly stressed out in the time leading up to our pictures due to inclement weather conditions, and Kathryn kept me calm, reassuring me that everything would turn out well. Everything turned out more than well! Everything was so perfect, I have been showing off my pictures to everyone willing to look at them. Kathryn was flexible and kind. She made alternative arrangements in the case that the weather did not permit the pictures I had in mind. She found a gorgeous location to shoot our photos. While photographing, she encouraged us to be ourselves, and then expertly captured out love and the essence of our relationship. She made the photo session fun, and even bought a prop for us that I specially requested at the last minute! The turn around time on getting our photos was quick and timely. The end result was breathtaking. Every single photo was amazing, and I had such a hard time choosing favorites, that I have had each and every photo printed out to have a hard copy. I have had numerous people ask me who my photographer was, and I proudly tell them Kathryn Kim. I would recommend Kathryn Kim Photography to anyone who wants pictures they will be able to cherish for a lifetime.

Sent on 08/29/2015

Jane · Married on 05/02/2015

Kathryn was great to work with. The photography package we chose was a great value with an engagement shoot and photo book. The pictures turned out perfectly and we couldn't be happier!

Sent on 07/23/2015

Jawairia · event on 03/21/2015

I actually got Kathryn on a very short notice. She is very nice and professional. She made us feel so comfortable. My shy fiancée was so much at ease. She listened to our ideas and also accommodated her own do that we can get the best pictures. We hired her only for an hour but she almost spent 2 hours with us. I also changed dresses during the photo shoot but she was very patient. I will highly recommend her

Sent on 03/23/2015

Dave · Married on 12/17/2014

Kathryn was terrific. She had a very relaxing presence, but managed to capture so many terrific shots. She had everything setup long before the day of the wedding, by making sure she understood the type of photo's we were looking for. Everybody who has seen the photo's are commenting how good of a job she did. We would recommend her for any event.

Sent on 12/17/2014

Kathryn was the photographer for our Denver wedding in October of 2014. She is a fantastic photographer and we would highly recommend her. Kathryn took a lot of time to learn what we wanted from our wedding photos and we are very pleased with how they turned out. She has a great eye and took a number of creative and unique pictures.

We ended up taking pictures at a variety of locations on the wedding day and Kathryn scouted places the week before so we could optimize our time at each location. Kathryn was able to naturally place us in poses and it did not feel awkward (something we were both worried about). She is easy to talk to and we both felt very comfortable around her. Kathryn blended in well at the wedding and reception and she was able to get some great candid pictures.

Finally, Kathryn was very responsive. She responded to emails within 24 hours and was available by phone whenever something came up. Kathryn delivered everything she promised and we honestly couldn't recommend her enough!

Sent on 12/15/2014

Maggie · Married on 10/12/2014

Kathryn was AMAZING. We met with multiple photographers, but I knew instantly she was the photographer I wanted for the wedding! She was very interested in our story from the beginning, and ensured us that she would capture our love the day of the wedding. Throughout the planning process, she was quick to respond with questions, and was really flexible when we changed our original plan. The day of she arrived on time and immediately went to work documenting everything! We received a TON of pictures (I think around 1600) in the 7 hours Kathryn was with us, and they are beautiful!! She was able to capture every moment, even the ones I missed, and all of our friends and family raved about our pictures. I would definitely recommend Kathryn, and we will definitely be using her again in the future!

Sent on 03/31/2015

Sarah · Married on 09/26/2014

Kathryn was amazing! Not only did she make a special trip for us, she really felt like family! Very easy going and great creativity, her photos are beautiful. I've had so many people who have looked at our album and say "I felt like I was there... The photos really captured the mood of the wedding and the beautiful setting." Hands down best photographer I've used!

Sent on 12/16/2014

Kathryn was always there to answer questions and supportive. Our engagement pictures ended up being during a blizzard and she just went with it with a smile on her face. Our ceremony was in a rain storm and did not make a big deal of it. Our pictures turned out wonderful despite our rough environments. She is great

Sent on 09/06/2014

Kathryn was a pleasure to work with! She was extremely organized and eager to help. Her laid-back personality made her easy to work with. She had great creative ideas for the engagement shoot and did a wonderful job capturing the emotion of the wedding. Kathryn's photos contained a great mix of posed photos (both her ideas and ours) and candids.

In a nutshell Kathryn is creative, fun, professional, laid-back, and a great photographer.

We would highly recommend her to anyone looking for an amazing photographer!

Sent on 09/03/2014

Melissa · Married on 05/17/2014

Kathryn was incredible throughout our entire event - from getting ready, to shooting the venue, exiting the reception as bride and groom, and so much more. Her photographs captured raw and genuine moments that I'll keep with me to remember how special that day was. As out-of-towners, Kathryn met with us while we were in state to check out the venue. She took the time to discuss the contract, photo styles, and even the Colorado weather. I couldn't have asked for a better photographer for such an important event. She was, and is, spectacular!

Sent on 07/26/2014

Mimi · Married on 10/27/2013

Kathryn did an amazing job capturing our personalities and those cute candid moments. Very personable and fun to work with. She had great suggestions for shots as well as being open to ideas I wanted to try (aka crazy poses seen briefly on Pinterest). I would highly recommend her!!

Sent on 08/28/2014

Aly · Married on 06/15/2013

Kathryn was able to capture our special day with so many wonderful photographs. We have heard nothing but compliments about Kathryn from family and friends. What a talented photographer with such a warm and kind personality.

Sent on 07/25/2013

Katie · Married on 05/18/2013

Kathryn was fabulous to work with! She was always very quick to respond to my emails and provided thorough answers to all of my questions. She created a timeline for the day of my wedding to ensure everything went smoothly and efficiently...I have been in a lot of weddings and never experienced such organized photogrpahy with the bridal party! Our photos were ready within just a few weeks after the wedding with her excellent artistic editing style. Kathryn captured our special day in a unique way that we will cherish forever! I am so grateful that we chose her and I would highly recommend her. :)

Sent on 12/14/2013

Kristin · Married on 01/12/2013

Kathryn was so perfect for us. She traveled all the way across the country to come shoot our wedding. Kathryn was so accommodating and willing to work with us on many different things. She captured all of our emotions and all of the special moments perfectly. I love our wedding photos and can't imagine them being any more perfect. Looking back at the pictures from our wedding day, I remember the way I felt in every moment that Kathryn captured. She has such a special way of capturing not only the image, but the emotions and feelings as well. Her skills and talents are evident in all of the photos that she takes. Such a special lady with an amazing personality, that is sure help you remember your event for the rest of your life. Thanks Kathryn!!

Sent on 06/09/2013