Katherine Salvatori Photography Reviews

Katherine Salvatori Photography 4
Katherine Salvatori Photography 5
  • Christina

Christina Anderson · Married on 09/28/2019

Couldn't imagine our wedding without them!

Where to begin!? It is difficult to find the right words to express our gratitude for Katherine and Jason. Not only are they absolutely AMAZING photographers, but working with them is like working with old friends. They are sweet and funny together and have a way of making you feel comfortable and at ease in front of a camera on one of the most important days of your life. Jason got us appetizers when we missed cocktail hour, helped my bridesmaids bustle my dress when they had no clue what they were doing, and carried snacks around in case anyone got hungry but hadn't found the time to eat. We joked that Jason was a better bridesmaid than my Maid of Honor! The week before our wedding, when things are starting to feel just a bit stressful, we received a little package in the mail from Katherine with some candy, our engagement photos, and an encouraging reminder that the best day of our lives was coming up soon and they were excited to work with us! That meant so much to us and really got us excited for our big day. In addition to all the wonderful ways they made our day special, the photography is simply BREATHTAKING. We received our pictures in 2 weeks, which is crazy fast, and they are so beautiful. Katherine and Jason knew all of the great places to take photos at our venue and it was fun to watch them work their creative magic. I could go on for days about what a great experience we had, but this about sums it up. We are so thankful we found them!

Katherine Salvatori Photography 6
    Katherine Salvatori Photography 11
    Sent on 10/15/2019
  • Lisa

Lisa Rafdal · Married on 09/14/2019

The very best wedding vendor you will book!

Katherine and Jason were by far the best people my husband and I worked with for our wedding. It was evident by her portfolio and after our engagement session that Katherine is an incredible photographer, but she and Jason were absolutely invaluable on our wedding day!

The thing about getting married is that (usually) you’ve never done it before and have no idea what the heck you’re doing until the day comes. That’s where Katherine and Jason really shine- their professionalism, ability to roll with wedding day chaos, and helpfulness is outstanding.

Before the wedding, Katherine graciously reviewed my day-of schedule and suggested adjustments to ensure we got all the shots I wanted. She and Jason arrived early the day-of and got straight to work, dividing and conquering between detail shots, getting ready, and pre-ceremony portraits. My husband and I chose not to do a first look, and Katherine and Jason made sure he didn’t see me until I got to the aisle! When we ran behind schedule at the reception, they assured us that they “weren’t going anywhere” until we were ready to start the dances and get an end-of-night shot.

We received all our photos on the last day of our honeymoon and were thrilled with the results! They captured each special moment beautifully and looking at the gallery takes us right back to that amazing yet whirlwind day!

If Katherine and Jason are booked on your wedding date, change the date!!! They are so helpful and kind and I know we could not have gotten through some of our day-of hiccups without their guidance! I can not recommend them enough or thank them enough for the gift of these photos that we will treasure forever!

Sent on 09/28/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole Quien · Married on 08/03/2019

An amazing team! Could not recommend enough!

Katherine and her husband Jason were fantastic!! Where to even begin? My husband and I loved Katherine's engagement shoot from August 2018. She made us immediately feel so comfortable and we had a blast. We had a ton of great images to choose from! She adds a lot of personal touches.

For our August 2019 wedding, she and Jason were such a dream team. They work so well together and were able to smoothly navigate our large extended family and bridal party! We got our full gallery less than 2 weeks after our wedding and we love all the photos. We felt like we were reliving the special day when we looked at them, and now we can again and again. Katherine and Jason are great with kids and made our 4 year old flower girl feel at ease. I have been referring to Jason as "Mr. Wedding" because he has picked up a lot of tips and helpful knowledge-- including fixing my bridesmaid's broken shoe, how to link arms when walking in the processional, etc.

Besides all this, they are extremely professional, courteous, and just fabulous at what they do! Very highly recommend!

Katherine Salvatori Photography 12
    Katherine Salvatori Photography 13
    Sent on 08/27/2019
  • Laura

Laura Schmid · Married on 07/09/2019

Great experience!

Katie and Jason are amazing!
    They were extremely organized and so much fun to be around the entire day. Prior to the wedding Katie was so helpful in talking through the timeline, who and what we needed photos of, and any of my other concerns. My husband and I were the center of attention for them, and they constantly checked in on us, giving us water and bringing us snacks, and made sure that we were happy with how the day was progressing and if we felt like there was anything missing.

They were so easy going when it came to interacting with the bridal party and families, but still made sure that everyone was where they needed to be in order to get the right shots. They clearly explained what to expect for things like our first look and the ceremony, and Jason definitely gave my Matron of Honor a run for her money in making sure that my dress was being held as I walked and maneuvering me around our venue. While the reception was happening, they even made it a point to steal us away for a few minutes for some final photos, which ended up being my absolute favorite out of all of our photos, and it was great to have a quiet moment alone with my husband in the midst of the chaos.

We received a sneak peak of our photos within a matter of days and received our entire gallery while STILL on our honeymoon! The quality of everything was amazing and we loved our photos so much. Katie and Jason are definitely worth the investment, and not only did they do their job that day, but are just so genuine and fun that they will make your wedding day even better than you had ever thought!

Katherine Salvatori Photography 14
    Katherine Salvatori Photography 19
    Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Ryan

Ryan Megan Voitik · Married on 06/29/2019

Highlight of our wedding day!

Katherine and her husband Jason we the highlight of our wedding day! I truly mean that. When people asked us how was your wedding, what was the best part? It was these two. They were thoughtful, patient, and beyond kind. It was a hot day and Jason was running around to make sure we had water, the groomsman were given handkerchiefs to wipe their sweat. Jason even ran back and forth to give Ryan and I every new appetizer that came out during cocktail hour while we took our bride and groom pictures since we didn't have a first look. These two made our day. They calmed us, made us laugh, and we couldn't be more grateful to them. Now I've said all this and haven't even mentioned the photos. Those too were unbelievable!Their variety of shots, attention to detail, and ability to capture those natural, beautiful, funny, heartwarming pictures was effortless. If you pass these two up, you will regret it. Thank you Katherine and Jason, you are what we will talk about at every anniversary because you made our day so special!

Sent on 08/25/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 06/15/2019

Best photographer in the Chicagoland area!!!

Katherine and her husband Jason were amazing! They listened to our requests and the photos are absolutely beautiful! Despite a little rain on our wedding day Katherine was able to photograph the background of the Morton Arboretum while we stood under the pavilion. She was also able to give us a “sneak peek” the night of and we received all of our photos within two weeks or so. We are so thankful she was recommended to us!

Katherine Salvatori Photography 20
    Katherine Salvatori Photography 21
    Sent on 08/05/2019
  • Emily

Emily Englander · Married on 06/01/2019

Look no further!

We are SO happy we chose to have Katherine and Jason as our wedding photographers!!! These two are so fun, professional, flexible not to mention incredibly talented! Katherine was easy to work with, thorough, and organized during the planning process. They took the most beautiful photos and totally captured our day perfectly. We’ve gotten so many compliments on how great our pictures are. Not only were they the photographers, they also acted as day of coordinators-made sure we were relaxed, happy and had everything we needed. Jason even had handkerchiefs & Bobby pins handy and even offered to help bustle my dress if we needed. Still so impressed by that! They definitely had everything under control and made us feel at ease. It was worth every penny. Thanks so much for making our wedding day so special!!!! -Emily & John

Sent on 06/22/2019

Teresa · Married on 10/27/2018

Absolutely Amazing

First and foremost, Katherine and her husband Jason are an amazing team to work with!! Over a year ago, looking initially at her blog posts, I loved the feel and look of all the pictures. After meeting with Katherine, her professionalism and overall personality I knew she would be a great choice. After our engagement photos came back, I was even more sold we made the BEST decision. On our wedding day it was smooth sailing, she made sure to get all the family and friend photos we wanted and more. She was flexible leading up to the day and when I decided to have a spontaneous 30+ group photo she handled with ease! You cannot go wrong with Katherine!!!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Lara · Married on 09/01/2018

Absolutely Exceptional

Katherine and Jason were absolutely phenomenal! We were so impressed with their skill and professionalism from the moment we met Katherine, a year before our wedding, to when we got our gorgeous wedding photos (much more quickly than anticipated). Along with being masterful photographers, on the day of our wedding they put so much into making us and our bridal party feel at ease and helping the wedding run smoothly. Jason also carried my train around all day and taught my bridesmaids his train fluffing technique so they could use it during the ceremony :). What a team! We couldn't have been happier with them and we highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Ali Kane · Married on 08/18/2018

The best!

Katherine and Jason were beyond wonderful throughout the entire process!! From the moment we first met with Katherine we felt totally at ease. They wanted to get to know us, our style and our vision for our big day! It was so important to have a photographer that we knew we could depend on considering they were capturing the biggest day of our lives. They made you feel like you were the only wedding on their minds even though we all know they are very busy people! On our actual wedding day, Katherine and Jason had everything under control...and I mean EVERYTHING!! Prior to our wedding day, I knew I never had to worry about then but when the actual day came, they blew me out of the water. I know Katherine always laughs that everyone loves Jason and I can see why. He was my right hand man that day and it was so appreciated!! No matter what I needed (literally), he had it covered. I didn't have to worry about a thing. Meanwhile, Katherine captured away! They really work amazingly together as a team too!! Another thing I loved was how special they made the moments for us. Even though we had 2 photographers and a videographer for all our more "intimate moments," it felt as though it was just the two of us there so they were able to capture genuine moments from our big day that I will treasure forever. I could go on and on about Katherine and Jason but to sum it up, they were one of the best choices we made for our wedding day and now we forever have beautiful photos to cherish because of them!! Thank you guys so much!! :)

Sent on 11/30/2018

Kate · Married on 07/28/2018

Katherine & Jason were a dream come true! Everything that they touch, turns to gold! Upon first meeting Katherine, I knew immediately that she was the type of person I would want with me on my wedding day. She is professional and takes amazing photos, but it's really her warm character that is the icing on the cake. When the big day came, Katherine ran everything with flawless grace. Jason was my sidekick. He helped me get from place to place, fix my hair/dress and made me laugh when I was getting nervous. They are the PERFECT team! Jordan and I even asked if we could continue to be friends after our wedding because we enjoyed their company so much! I would give them 10 stars if it was possible!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Michelle · Married on 06/23/2018

Katie and Jason are simply THE BEST!!!! The entire process throughout our 1.5 year engagement went SO smoothly. From the initial meeting, to the engagement shoot, to the day of the wedding, Katie and Jason made sure our needs were met and went ABOVE and BEYOND for us! After the initial meeting, Katie put together a schedule as to how our wedding day was going to go (seriously she could even be a wedding planner!!) and made us feel so comfortable throughout the entire process. My husband and I were not going to do a first look, AND we were getting ready at different locations the day of the wedding. Jason went with the guys, Katie met us girls separately, and made sure we didn't see each other when we were taking our bridal party pictures at the same venue. After the ceremony during our portraits, Jason made sure we had water, a beer :), and appetizers to munch on in-between pictures. They are so accommodating, so helpful, and are honestly just AMAZING, THOUGHTFUL PEOPLE! I cannot say enough good things about them. Not to mention their pictures look like they are out of a bridal magazine, they are absolutely gorgeous!! Our day was captured PERFECTLY - even the little moments that others would have missed, Katie and Jason got on camera. Their pictures truly reflect our day and our style, and there honestly isn't one that we don't like! Highly HIGHLY recommend! WE LOVE YOU Katie and Jason!!!!

Sent on 07/11/2018

Kristen · Married on 06/16/2018

From the first time we met with Katherine back in November of 2016, we knew we’d found our wedding photographer. I was already convinced after seeing her incredible photos on social media and on her website, but meeting her in person and experiencing her organization, personalization, and thoughtfulness sealed the deal. We absolutely loved working with her for both our engagement photos and on our wedding day. Throughout our 1.5 year engagement, Katherine’s communication thorough and timely—she helped keep me on track and ensured she had all of the necessary details beforehand. When it came to the day of the wedding, I felt so relaxed knowing we had Katherine and Jason capturing every special moment. They are so much more than photographers—they were instrumental in making our day run smoothly. Our wedding day was 90+ degrees and humid, and Jason was there with cold water and a clean handkerchief. He held my bouquet, helped me up and down stairs, guided me in and out of our trolley—he was magical. Our entire bridal party was so impressed by how quickly and efficiently they captured (amazing) group photos of us. When my sister began bustling my dress, Jason came out with a crochet needle! They seriously think of everything. Having both of their perspectives in our photos is priceless. We received our full gallery of photos just ten days after our wedding, and Katherine had shared a full blog post with tons of her favorites just six days afterward. She’s a miracle worker. We, along with our family and friends, could not be more impressed with the true happiness, love, laughter, and tears all caught in the breathtaking photos. While the flowers are gone, the cake has been eaten, and the dress is preserved in a box, we will have these photos to help us relive our day forever. Of all the many decisions we made during the wedding planning process, booking Katherine Salvatori Photography was one of the BEST.

Sent on 07/07/2018

Jen · Married on 09/02/2017

Katherine and Jason were everything we could have asked for in our wedding photographers. From our first meeting, to our engagement shoot, and to the big day, they were always professional and so responsive. All of our engagement and wedding pictures EXCEEDED our expectations (and I'm a photographer myself so I had very high expectations...) I can't express how talented these two are, they make one dynamic duo!

Sent on 09/20/2017

Kimberly · Married on 08/26/2017

The first time we met Katherine, we immediately knew there wasn’t anyone else we wanted to photograph our wedding. Her picture are absolutely gorgeous! Katherine is very professional and is so easy to make plans with. We loved getting our engagement and wedding photos back within two weeks after the photos were taken. I highly recommend working with Katherine for your wedding photography! Thank you for capturing all of our favorite moments!

Sent on 10/13/2017

Allison · Married on 06/23/2017

Katherine and her husband, Jason, were phenomenal to work with! From the time we booked them a year and a half before our wedding, to after our wedding and receiving our photos, they were easy to communicate with, showed expertise, and enjoyable to be with. We did not have a hired wedding coordinator, but on the day of our wedding Katherine and Jason knew exactly what to expect, how to pose us, and completed all portraits we wanted within a timely manner so we could enjoy time with our guests during cocktail hour. Many of our guests complimented Katherine and Jason saying that the photographers were not in the way during the ceremony or reception, which they greatly appreciated. We received our online gallery very quickly for both our engagement session and wedding, and all the pictures are flawless! My husband and I continue to get compliments on them. I can't recommend Katherine Salvatori Photography enough!

Sent on 07/21/2017
  • I

ira · Married on 06/10/2017

WE LOVE Katherine Salvatori's Weddings & Photography of Glen Ellyn! Could not wait to recommend her and her husband and say great things about them! YOU WILL OVE YOUR WEDDING PHOTO'S IF YOU HIRE THIS TEAM! Katherine and Jason BOTH have an eye for capturing moments of PURE JOY! These are not your average photographs and feel so personal. I don't know how they do it but they do it! They just seem to capture the essence of the couple getting married. All the shots for my son's (Aaron and Mara at Independence Grove) wedding were perfect! They are also the nicest, warmest people you will ever meet and will do anything for you! We could not ask for better photo's!!! Very sophisticated and nuanced, these photos get plenty of "ooh's and ah's" from everyone we show them too!

Do yourself a favor and check out their website!! YOU WILL LOVE THEM! I LOVE RECOMMENDING THEM!

Sent on 06/28/2017

Claire · Married on 04/29/2017

Before the wedding, Katherine really takes the time to get to know the couple. In the first meeting, she completed an extensive detailed survey and really got to know specific details of our relationship. For the engagement session, she provided numerous suburban and city locations to select from and she was very flexible and accommodating with scheduling. During the engagement session, she made the process so fun and relaxed. Taking pictures together was effortless because she knew exactly how to frame the shot and position us. During the months leading up to the wedding day, she was very receptive to any email or questions we had for her and was very prompt in responding. We had a final meeting with Katherine a couple weeks prior to the wedding. We discussed in detail the special pictures we wanted and outlined the day’s timeline, so we knew exactly what to expect the day of the wedding. On the wedding day, Katherine and Jason (her husband) were a phenomenal team. They both were relaxed, fun, and very professional. Not only did they care about the pictures, but they really cared about us (making sure we had breaks, giving us water, and making us laugh). Even with a tight timeline, they were great at keeping the day on schedule, and they made us, our wedding party, family, and guest feel very comfortable with taking pictures. She then delivered the finalized photographs to us only a couple of weeks after the wedding and they were stunning. The pictures truly captured the beauty of our day and we could not be happier with our decision to choose Katherine as our photographer. We will now have these beautiful pictures forever and will relive our special day anytime we look at them.

Sent on 09/03/2017

Cara · Married on 03/25/2017

WOW, where do I begin?? I knew the minute I got engaged that I wanted to have Katherine for our photographer. I found her on facebook and became obsessed with her work. I sent her so many emails in the year of planning and she always got back to me. On the day of, she arrived with her husband, Jason. They were both SO great! Katherine is all business, she's there to get the shots! Jason was so helpful, he was there always fixing my train and holding my flowers. Made me feel so special. The details, OH the details!! This is what you hire Katherine for!! I have every little detail of my day captured. From the centerpieces to all of the little signs I had out, I have a picture of them all. What blew me away was when we left the reception, Katherine had already posted a sneak peek of some photos on her facebook page!!! They had just left a few hours prior!! We also received all of our pictures a week and a half after the wedding. I would HIGHLY recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 05/05/2017

Gabriella · Married on 11/05/2016

Katie and Jason are absolutely wonderful! We are sooooo thankful that we were able to have them as our photographers at our wedding. There is honestly no better team than a husband and wife to capture the most precious moments and love between newlyweds in photographs that you will keep forever! Jason and Katie work so well together and keeps you smiling the entire time! No matter how nervous you are they walk you through the day step by step! Katie is so organized and made sure we took every picture we wanted before the night was over. She is so easy to get ahold of and will answer all your questions (even if you have a million like I did). Jason is just as great! He was such a huge help! Always making sure we were taken care of day of. He came equipped with mini water bottles and would sneak in and let us have a few sips in between pictures. He held my dress up so it didn't get ruined, held my flowers so I could concentrate on walking and not falling lol and even brought us snacks to make sure we had a bite to eat throughout our busy day! They were both so helpful and so much fun to have around! Oh and if you guys have kids in the bridal party you definitely want Katie and Jason there to take their pictures! They were a huge hit, the kids loved them!!! Now let's talk about their pictures......words can't describe how amazing their work is! There won't be a single picture that you're not happy with.....I promise you! They are both so detail oriented, but in different ways so you will get a wide variety of pictures. It's hard to explain until you give them the chance to be your photographer and see for yourself. Both Katie and Jason take jaw dropping photos. They are both so unique yet their pictures mesh perfectly together! You will get a variety of traditional, creative, scenic and detailed pictures that will be the most beautiful pictures you've ever seen! It makes you feel like you're reliving your wedding all over again!

Sent on 11/17/2016

Roxana · Married on 10/15/2016

Before making the decision to hire Katherine Salvatori, I scrolled through her photo galleries and hundreds of her photos. I quickly realized that I needed her to photograph our wedding because I wanted memories as perfect as the ones she captured for her other clients. I was definitely not disappointed. Words do not describe how in love I am with our wedding photos. Katherine and her husband, Jason, made our wedding day- from start to finish - come to life in through their lenses. Not only does this husband and wife duo take incredible photos, working with them was an absolute dream. From the moment they arrived at my house for the "getting ready" photos, they took charge and knew exactly what to do, what moments they needed to capture, and they even captured the unexpected ones so beautifully. My dress was very big, and my train was very long; but, somehow, Jason managed to keep my dress fluffed and my veil perfectly positioned and in place throughout our very long day. I did not have a day of coordinator, nor did I need one because this duo did more for us on our wedding day than just take beautiful pictures. They made sure our wedding day ran smoothly and were aware of the little minor details that needed to be addressed before I knew what was even going on. For example, during the best man/maid of honor speeches, Katherine ran to the head table to make sure the arrangements on our table did not block our faces in any of the photos. I am so grateful for the little details they were acutely aware of and helped address for me; this comes with experience and it shows in their work and in their interactions. They made sure we stayed on course with our timeline, caught up if we were running behind, and that we captured every photo that we wanted to take. Before and even after the wedding, Katherine has been incredibly easy to get in touch with; she is super responsive and accommodating, and goes above and beyond. Her work product is quality and worth every penny.

Sent on 12/01/2016

Dana · Married on 10/01/2016

Katie & Jason are truly wonderful at what they do! They are fun, positive, professional, prompt, accommodating, and organized-not to mention their work is fantastic. I would recommend them to anyone looking for beautiful wedding photography!

Sent on 11/26/2016

Jonathan and Elise · Married on 09/17/2016

Katherine and Jason did a phenomenal job capturing our wedding. They are both sensational artists and wonderful, warm people who helped keep us at ease during a (wedding) day that has a tendency to have its inherent stresses. The perspectives they so skillfully photographed now memorialize the most important day of our lives in perpetuity! We sing their praises to everyone who inquires. Consummate professionals and highly recommended.

Sent on 12/19/2016

Tracy · Married on 09/17/2016

The experience we had with Katherine and Jason was better than we could have ever imagined. First a little hesistant about the cost, after speaking with Katherine I knew that I just HAD to have her! Let me tell you, you get what you pay for and it was worth every cent! It was basically like having 2 extra wedding day coordinators... I didn’t have to worry about a thing! Aside from making sure our day was perfect, the prints we have now and forever are AMAZING! And, we got them on our honeymoon less than 2 weeks after the wedding day! Some of my friends waited almost 6 months for photos! Katherine knew exactly what I was looking for (more candid, less staged) and Jason was always there to hold my bouquet and fix my hair in between taking his own shots! :) Mick and I cannot thank you and Jason enough...you truly made our day that much more special. Our friends and family still comment to this day about the photos! Xo Tracy and Mick

Sent on 01/17/2018

Emily · Married on 09/10/2016

Katherine and her husband Jason photographed our wedding this past fall, and they were both incredible! We had such an amazing experience working with them, and the photos are gorgeous! They were so on top of everything throughout the entire process- from calling me a month before to finalize the details of the photos we were wanting, to somehow managing to get my entire extended family together for group shots that turned out great, to holding my flowers and straightening my train throughout the day. Everything went so smooth and I was so confident knowing they had everything handled. The photos are stunning and we have received so many compliments from friends and family! I would 100% recommend Katherine Salvatori!

Sent on 11/21/2016