Katherine Salvatori Photography Reviews

89 | Glen Ellyn, IL

89 Reviews for Katherine Salvatori Photography

Teresa · Married on 10/27/2018

Absolutely Amazing

First and foremost, Katherine and her husband Jason are an amazing team to work with!! Over a year ago, looking initially at her blog posts, I loved the feel and look of all the pictures. After meeting with Katherine, her professionalism and overall personality I knew she would be a great choice. After our engagement photos came back, I was even more sold we made the BEST decision. On our wedding day it was smooth sailing, she made sure to get all the family and friend photos we wanted and more. She was flexible leading up to the day and when I decided to have a spontaneous 30+ group photo she handled with ease! You cannot go wrong with Katherine!!!

Lara · Married on 09/01/2018

Absolutely Exceptional

Katherine and Jason were absolutely phenomenal! We were so impressed with their skill and professionalism from the moment we met Katherine, a year before our wedding, to when we got our gorgeous wedding photos (much more quickly than anticipated). Along with being masterful photographers, on the day of our wedding they put so much into making us and our bridal party feel at ease and helping the wedding run smoothly. Jason also carried my train around all day and taught my bridesmaids his train fluffing technique so they could use it during the ceremony :). What a team! We couldn't have been happier with them and we highly recommend them!

Ali Kane · Married on 08/18/2018

The best!

Katherine and Jason were beyond wonderful throughout the entire process!! From the moment we first met with Katherine we felt totally at ease. They wanted to get to know us, our style and our vision for our big day! It was so important to have a photographer that we knew we could depend on considering they were capturing the biggest day of our lives. They made you feel like you were the only wedding on their minds even though we all know they are very busy people! On our actual wedding day, Katherine and Jason had everything under control...and I mean EVERYTHING!! Prior to our wedding day, I knew I never had to worry about then but when the actual day came, they blew me out of the water. I know Katherine always laughs that everyone loves Jason and I can see why. He was my right hand man that day and it was so appreciated!! No matter what I needed (literally), he had it covered. I didn't have to worry about a thing. Meanwhile, Katherine captured away! They really work amazingly together as a team too!! Another thing I loved was how special they made the moments for us. Even though we had 2 photographers and a videographer for all our more "intimate moments," it felt as though it was just the two of us there so they were able to capture genuine moments from our big day that I will treasure forever. I could go on and on about Katherine and Jason but to sum it up, they were one of the best choices we made for our wedding day and now we forever have beautiful photos to cherish because of them!! Thank you guys so much!! :)

Kate · Married on 07/28/2018

Katherine & Jason were a dream come true! Everything that they touch, turns to gold! Upon first meeting Katherine, I knew immediately that she was the type of person I would want with me on my wedding day. She is professional and takes amazing photos, but it's really her warm character that is the icing on the cake. When the big day came, Katherine ran everything with flawless grace. Jason was my sidekick. He helped me get from place to place, fix my hair/dress and made me laugh when I was getting nervous. They are the PERFECT team! Jordan and I even asked if we could continue to be friends after our wedding because we enjoyed their company so much! I would give them 10 stars if it was possible!

Michelle · Married on 06/23/2018

Katie and Jason are simply THE BEST!!!! The entire process throughout our 1.5 year engagement went SO smoothly. From the initial meeting, to the engagement shoot, to the day of the wedding, Katie and Jason made sure our needs were met and went ABOVE and BEYOND for us! After the initial meeting, Katie put together a schedule as to how our wedding day was going to go (seriously she could even be a wedding planner!!) and made us feel so comfortable throughout the entire process. My husband and I were not going to do a first look, AND we were getting ready at different locations the day of the wedding. Jason went with the guys, Katie met us girls separately, and made sure we didn't see each other when we were taking our bridal party pictures at the same venue. After the ceremony during our portraits, Jason made sure we had water, a beer :), and appetizers to munch on in-between pictures. They are so accommodating, so helpful, and are honestly just AMAZING, THOUGHTFUL PEOPLE! I cannot say enough good things about them. Not to mention their pictures look like they are out of a bridal magazine, they are absolutely gorgeous!! Our day was captured PERFECTLY - even the little moments that others would have missed, Katie and Jason got on camera. Their pictures truly reflect our day and our style, and there honestly isn't one that we don't like! Highly HIGHLY recommend! WE LOVE YOU Katie and Jason!!!!

Kristen · Married on 06/16/2018

From the first time we met with Katherine back in November of 2016, we knew we’d found our wedding photographer. I was already convinced after seeing her incredible photos on social media and on her website, but meeting her in person and experiencing her organization, personalization, and thoughtfulness sealed the deal. We absolutely loved working with her for both our engagement photos and on our wedding day. Throughout our 1.5 year engagement, Katherine’s communication thorough and timely—she helped keep me on track and ensured she had all of the necessary details beforehand. When it came to the day of the wedding, I felt so relaxed knowing we had Katherine and Jason capturing every special moment. They are so much more than photographers—they were instrumental in making our day run smoothly. Our wedding day was 90+ degrees and humid, and Jason was there with cold water and a clean handkerchief. He held my bouquet, helped me up and down stairs, guided me in and out of our trolley—he was magical. Our entire bridal party was so impressed by how quickly and efficiently they captured (amazing) group photos of us. When my sister began bustling my dress, Jason came out with a crochet needle! They seriously think of everything. Having both of their perspectives in our photos is priceless. We received our full gallery of photos just ten days after our wedding, and Katherine had shared a full blog post with tons of her favorites just six days afterward. She’s a miracle worker. We, along with our family and friends, could not be more impressed with the true happiness, love, laughter, and tears all caught in the breathtaking photos. While the flowers are gone, the cake has been eaten, and the dress is preserved in a box, we will have these photos to help us relive our day forever. Of all the many decisions we made during the wedding planning process, booking Katherine Salvatori Photography was one of the BEST.

Jen · Married on 09/02/2017

Katherine and Jason were everything we could have asked for in our wedding photographers. From our first meeting, to our engagement shoot, and to the big day, they were always professional and so responsive. All of our engagement and wedding pictures EXCEEDED our expectations (and I'm a photographer myself so I had very high expectations...) I can't express how talented these two are, they make one dynamic duo!

Kimberly · Married on 08/26/2017

The first time we met Katherine, we immediately knew there wasn’t anyone else we wanted to photograph our wedding. Her picture are absolutely gorgeous! Katherine is very professional and is so easy to make plans with. We loved getting our engagement and wedding photos back within two weeks after the photos were taken. I highly recommend working with Katherine for your wedding photography! Thank you for capturing all of our favorite moments!

Allison · Married on 06/23/2017

Katherine and her husband, Jason, were phenomenal to work with! From the time we booked them a year and a half before our wedding, to after our wedding and receiving our photos, they were easy to communicate with, showed expertise, and enjoyable to be with. We did not have a hired wedding coordinator, but on the day of our wedding Katherine and Jason knew exactly what to expect, how to pose us, and completed all portraits we wanted within a timely manner so we could enjoy time with our guests during cocktail hour. Many of our guests complimented Katherine and Jason saying that the photographers were not in the way during the ceremony or reception, which they greatly appreciated. We received our online gallery very quickly for both our engagement session and wedding, and all the pictures are flawless! My husband and I continue to get compliments on them. I can't recommend Katherine Salvatori Photography enough!

• I

ira · Married on 06/10/2017

WE LOVE Katherine Salvatori's Weddings & Photography of Glen Ellyn! Could not wait to recommend her and her husband and say great things about them! YOU WILL OVE YOUR WEDDING PHOTO'S IF YOU HIRE THIS TEAM! Katherine and Jason BOTH have an eye for capturing moments of PURE JOY! These are not your average photographs and feel so personal. I don't know how they do it but they do it! They just seem to capture the essence of the couple getting married. All the shots for my son's (Aaron and Mara at Independence Grove) wedding were perfect! They are also the nicest, warmest people you will ever meet and will do anything for you! We could not ask for better photo's!!! Very sophisticated and nuanced, these photos get plenty of "ooh's and ah's" from everyone we show them too!

Do yourself a favor and check out their website!! YOU WILL LOVE THEM! I LOVE RECOMMENDING THEM!

Claire · Married on 04/29/2017

Before the wedding, Katherine really takes the time to get to know the couple. In the first meeting, she completed an extensive detailed survey and really got to know specific details of our relationship. For the engagement session, she provided numerous suburban and city locations to select from and she was very flexible and accommodating with scheduling. During the engagement session, she made the process so fun and relaxed. Taking pictures together was effortless because she knew exactly how to frame the shot and position us. During the months leading up to the wedding day, she was very receptive to any email or questions we had for her and was very prompt in responding. We had a final meeting with Katherine a couple weeks prior to the wedding. We discussed in detail the special pictures we wanted and outlined the day’s timeline, so we knew exactly what to expect the day of the wedding. On the wedding day, Katherine and Jason (her husband) were a phenomenal team. They both were relaxed, fun, and very professional. Not only did they care about the pictures, but they really cared about us (making sure we had breaks, giving us water, and making us laugh). Even with a tight timeline, they were great at keeping the day on schedule, and they made us, our wedding party, family, and guest feel very comfortable with taking pictures. She then delivered the finalized photographs to us only a couple of weeks after the wedding and they were stunning. The pictures truly captured the beauty of our day and we could not be happier with our decision to choose Katherine as our photographer. We will now have these beautiful pictures forever and will relive our special day anytime we look at them.

Cara · Married on 03/25/2017

WOW, where do I begin?? I knew the minute I got engaged that I wanted to have Katherine for our photographer. I found her on facebook and became obsessed with her work. I sent her so many emails in the year of planning and she always got back to me. On the day of, she arrived with her husband, Jason. They were both SO great! Katherine is all business, she's there to get the shots! Jason was so helpful, he was there always fixing my train and holding my flowers. Made me feel so special. The details, OH the details!! This is what you hire Katherine for!! I have every little detail of my day captured. From the centerpieces to all of the little signs I had out, I have a picture of them all. What blew me away was when we left the reception, Katherine had already posted a sneak peek of some photos on her facebook page!!! They had just left a few hours prior!! We also received all of our pictures a week and a half after the wedding. I would HIGHLY recommend her to everyone!

Gabriella · Married on 11/05/2016

Katie and Jason are absolutely wonderful! We are sooooo thankful that we were able to have them as our photographers at our wedding. There is honestly no better team than a husband and wife to capture the most precious moments and love between newlyweds in photographs that you will keep forever! Jason and Katie work so well together and keeps you smiling the entire time! No matter how nervous you are they walk you through the day step by step! Katie is so organized and made sure we took every picture we wanted before the night was over. She is so easy to get ahold of and will answer all your questions (even if you have a million like I did). Jason is just as great! He was such a huge help! Always making sure we were taken care of day of. He came equipped with mini water bottles and would sneak in and let us have a few sips in between pictures. He held my dress up so it didn't get ruined, held my flowers so I could concentrate on walking and not falling lol and even brought us snacks to make sure we had a bite to eat throughout our busy day! They were both so helpful and so much fun to have around! Oh and if you guys have kids in the bridal party you definitely want Katie and Jason there to take their pictures! They were a huge hit, the kids loved them!!! Now let's talk about their pictures......words can't describe how amazing their work is! There won't be a single picture that you're not happy with.....I promise you! They are both so detail oriented, but in different ways so you will get a wide variety of pictures. It's hard to explain until you give them the chance to be your photographer and see for yourself. Both Katie and Jason take jaw dropping photos. They are both so unique yet their pictures mesh perfectly together! You will get a variety of traditional, creative, scenic and detailed pictures that will be the most beautiful pictures you've ever seen! It makes you feel like you're reliving your wedding all over again!

Roxana · Married on 10/15/2016

Before making the decision to hire Katherine Salvatori, I scrolled through her photo galleries and hundreds of her photos. I quickly realized that I needed her to photograph our wedding because I wanted memories as perfect as the ones she captured for her other clients. I was definitely not disappointed. Words do not describe how in love I am with our wedding photos. Katherine and her husband, Jason, made our wedding day- from start to finish - come to life in through their lenses. Not only does this husband and wife duo take incredible photos, working with them was an absolute dream. From the moment they arrived at my house for the "getting ready" photos, they took charge and knew exactly what to do, what moments they needed to capture, and they even captured the unexpected ones so beautifully. My dress was very big, and my train was very long; but, somehow, Jason managed to keep my dress fluffed and my veil perfectly positioned and in place throughout our very long day. I did not have a day of coordinator, nor did I need one because this duo did more for us on our wedding day than just take beautiful pictures. They made sure our wedding day ran smoothly and were aware of the little minor details that needed to be addressed before I knew what was even going on. For example, during the best man/maid of honor speeches, Katherine ran to the head table to make sure the arrangements on our table did not block our faces in any of the photos. I am so grateful for the little details they were acutely aware of and helped address for me; this comes with experience and it shows in their work and in their interactions. They made sure we stayed on course with our timeline, caught up if we were running behind, and that we captured every photo that we wanted to take. Before and even after the wedding, Katherine has been incredibly easy to get in touch with; she is super responsive and accommodating, and goes above and beyond. Her work product is quality and worth every penny.

Dana · Married on 10/01/2016

Katie & Jason are truly wonderful at what they do! They are fun, positive, professional, prompt, accommodating, and organized-not to mention their work is fantastic. I would recommend them to anyone looking for beautiful wedding photography!

Jonathan and Elise · Married on 09/17/2016

Katherine and Jason did a phenomenal job capturing our wedding. They are both sensational artists and wonderful, warm people who helped keep us at ease during a (wedding) day that has a tendency to have its inherent stresses. The perspectives they so skillfully photographed now memorialize the most important day of our lives in perpetuity! We sing their praises to everyone who inquires. Consummate professionals and highly recommended.

Tracy · Married on 09/17/2016

The experience we had with Katherine and Jason was better than we could have ever imagined. First a little hesistant about the cost, after speaking with Katherine I knew that I just HAD to have her! Let me tell you, you get what you pay for and it was worth every cent! It was basically like having 2 extra wedding day coordinators... I didn’t have to worry about a thing! Aside from making sure our day was perfect, the prints we have now and forever are AMAZING! And, we got them on our honeymoon less than 2 weeks after the wedding day! Some of my friends waited almost 6 months for photos! Katherine knew exactly what I was looking for (more candid, less staged) and Jason was always there to hold my bouquet and fix my hair in between taking his own shots! :) Mick and I cannot thank you and Jason enough...you truly made our day that much more special. Our friends and family still comment to this day about the photos! Xo Tracy and Mick

Emily · Married on 09/10/2016

Katherine and her husband Jason photographed our wedding this past fall, and they were both incredible! We had such an amazing experience working with them, and the photos are gorgeous! They were so on top of everything throughout the entire process- from calling me a month before to finalize the details of the photos we were wanting, to somehow managing to get my entire extended family together for group shots that turned out great, to holding my flowers and straightening my train throughout the day. Everything went so smooth and I was so confident knowing they had everything handled. The photos are stunning and we have received so many compliments from friends and family! I would 100% recommend Katherine Salvatori!

Michael and Adelyn · Married on 09/04/2016

Wow, BEST photographers ever!! HANDS DOWN!! Jason and Katie are an amazing team in every single way--- for professional, beautiful, flattering, artistic, timeless photos as well as an amazing, comfortable, fun, professional experience that they provide. From our first official meeting at Katie's office in Glen Ellyn, to hearing their mission statement about capturing candid moments, our engagement photo session and finally the big day every single step was SO nice having Katie's expertise for as we planned the big day photos. We love Katie and Jason so much we actually CHOSE our wedding date according to their schedule (she books fast so hurry up!) for when they could come to Michigan for our wedding. That is how amazing they are !! We picked them before venue or anything else!!!!! She and Jason are worth every penny, and honestly I would have spent 3times what she charged if I had to- it's THAT worth it! They are tremendous at easily directing people into poses and commanding bridal party crowds. I have been a bridesmaid in 3 other weddings that Katie and her husband photographed, so after seeing them in action I had more than enough info to choose Katie as our photographer. She consistently sets the entire group at ease, while making quick decisions and keeping with the timeline. Plus she edits soooo fast! Jason a huge heart and is constantly serving- as a bride I already felt like a princess but in addition to attention to detail he also brought me water, snacks during the cocktail hour, readjusted my train and veil like a pro, provided some comic relief when I got teary and YES even bustled my complicated Lacey dress!!!!!! HE DID ALL OF THIS WHILE PHOTOGRAPHING! Tremendous! I honestly could write a novel about this couple and the love they pour into their work and the weddings they photograph- you can tell they are passionate and so heartfelt... Their personalities and talent helped make our day a dream come true, truly!!! Perfection! HIGHLY highly recommend!

Ellen · Married on 09/03/2016

Katherine Salvatori is an incredible photographer. While planning our wedding, she made everything seamless. We have heard horror stories about others wedding pictures by other vendors, but we knew we would absolutely love ours- and it was one less thing we had to worry about. Katherine and Jason showed up early, got to work, and helped us through our day. They were a blast to work with, and it shows in our pictures. They were very professional, and willing to lend a hand whenever we needed anything at all. Jason made sure we were able to sneak some appetizers and refreshments in during happy hour pictures. He even went above and beyond to find some heel protectors as we were getting married in the grass, and I forgot to pack—All while Katherine was capturing moments. The couple is a dynamic duo, and we were so happy they were able to be a part of our special day. Our pictures are breathtaking, and we were even able to view the album before we even returned from our honeymoon! I would highly recommend Katherine Salvatori to anyone! They are hands down the best!

Lauren · Married on 08/27/2016

The best decision we made towards our wedding (besides my husband and I saying "I Do") was hiring Katherine as our wedding photographer. I fell in love with her portfolio while searching for photographers that photographed at the Morton Arboretum - she has a classic, timeless, romantic feel to all of her photos and they are absolutely exquisite. What I didn't know at the time was how AMAZING Katherine is. When we first met her for our engagement shoot, she immediately put us at ease and really made the most of our time together. You can tell how experienced she is - she guided us into the best poses that resulted in gorgeous photos that looked natural and carefree, yet are the equivalent of the gorgeous photos you see in all the wedding websites and yearn for. Not to mention, we just absolutely loved our time with her. The days leading up to the wedding Katherine spoke with me frequently and calmed my nerves. We had a 1 PM ceremony in Arlington Heights with our reception starting at 6 PM at the Morton Arboretum - truly a marathon day. Katherine and her husband Jason were full of energy and were the equivalent of our wedding planners and personal assistants, on top of being our photographers. Katherine kept us on schedule, in order, and was so well prepared. Our group photos went smoothly and efficiently, allowing for the maximum amount of photos for our time. Jason was so attentive and helpful - carrying my bouquet, helping me with the train and bustle of my dress as we walked through the grass to get the perfect shots, fixing my veil, etc. The entire bridal party said numerous times how incredibly impressed they were with Katherine and Jason, and they loved spending the day with them! The other thing that is noteworthy is her timeliness - we had all of our photos in a few short weeks! My other friends have waited months from their photographers. We loved being on our honeymoon and reliving the day through the photos!

Stephanie · Married on 08/20/2016

Where to start? This team went above and beyond! Katherine and her husband, Jason were like an extended part of our bridal party - they fit in so perfectly! When we hired them, we knew that we were going to get the best wedding photo's we have ever seen, but were pleasantly surprised by how much more they brought to our lives that day. They had such a fun, collaborative and joyful vibe. Jason was amazing, he was constantly picking the train of my dress up and grabbing my flowers so that I could enjoy the moment. We found ourselves laughing with them throughout so many parts of our wedding making the photo's completely in the moment. I feel that even though our wedding is over, I want them as friends! They will certainly continue to gain our business throughout different moments in our life. And more great news, I already have friends, who are soon to be engaged, that can't wait to use them for their wedding day as well!

Daisy · Married on 07/30/2016

We hired Katherine for our wedding photography and her husband, second shooter, Jason was extremely sweet and such a big helper to the bride! He carried my bouquet wherever I needed to walk to our photo locations at our venue since it was difficult to do so with my long lace dress and would he would also hold my train for me! I mean, seriously, who does that now a days?! I certainly have never heard of that! But Jason does and he will for the bride! He has so much talent and creativity to his pictures, no wonder why the pair together create BEAUTIFUL wedding photos for happy couples! Katherine is all-around 100% top notch quality of service for you. She will have you fill out a questionnaire beforehand so she knows exactly know who is taking photos with you after your ceremony. This makes the process go smoother and so much quicker. All our family and friends fell in LOVE with our photos and it could not have been possible without hiring Katherine Salvatori Photography!

Caly · Married on 07/23/2016

I can't say enough good things about Katherine Salvatori. Right away, we felt comfortable and at ease with Katherine--after our engagement shoot my husband and I looked at each other and said, "That was so much fun!!" And the wedding pictures...wow. Our guests said they were the most beautiful photos they've ever seen. Katherine and her husband went above-and-beyond, helping us fluff and bustle dresses, bringing us water, and even bringing us snacks so we didn't feel hungry! If you are thinking of booking, do it! You won't be disappointed.

Dana · Married on 07/09/2016

Choosing a photographer was our top priority when deciding on wedding vendors. After all, the pictures will last forever. While we tried to soak up every moment of that day, it’s impossible to remember everything. Our wedding photographs are the only thing we get to keep. To this day, we still cannot believe how many compliments we receive about our photographer. They stood out in the best way! Katherine and Jason are the perfect mix of warm and professional. They were incredibly easy to work with and accommodated all of our needs. We were concerned about the tight day-of timeline we were giving them, but they took it in stride. Not only did they make sure we stuck to the schedule, but they also helped keep everyone else on schedule. One of the biggest complaints we’ve heard about wedding photos is how painful family photographs can be. With Katherine and Jason, the photos were easy and efficient. The quality of their photography is amazing. They captured all of our favorite moments beautifully, and paid attention to the little details that we missed. We still look at the pictures over and over again, taking in all of the memories of our special day.