Kate Whelan Events™ Reviews

33 | Sacramento, CA

33 Reviews for Kate Whelan Events™

Kristen · Married on 03/05/2011

Kate is absolutely amazing – I cannot say enough about her! I hired her for my wedding in March 2011. From the very beginning she set out to make sure that my wedding was all that I had envisioned. With her creativity she took my vision and carried it through all the way to the tiniest detail, all while helping us to keep on budget. She not only gave us impeccable vendor recommendations and resources, but also helped us to negotiate the best contracts with the vendors to ensure that everything fit exactly what we needed. Any time I had any questions or concerns, she would respond immediately and put my mind at ease. In the weeks/days leading up to the wedding we had some issues with our venue but Kate immediately stepped in to take care of things. I can honestly say the planning of my wedding was completely stress-free because of her.

When it came to the day of the wedding I was in awe of her organization! The day-of she not only coordinated and met with all the vendors arriving at the venue but was also in touch with the family and wedding party to ensure everyone knew exactly what was going on and where they needed to be at all times. After the wedding she stayed after to make sure everything was cleaned up, sent back to the appropriate places, and gifts were delivered to the designated room. If there were any hiccups the day-of (which I’m sure there were), I did not know of them. It was her number one goal to make sure I did not have to worry about anything and that I just enjoyed it!

Kate is extremely professional and will make you feel like you are her only client. Because of her, I had the most amazing wedding! I can’t thank her enough for everything she did - I would hire her again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 04/01/2011

Lisa · Married on 05/01/2010

I hired Kate in late December for my wedding on May 1st. She whipped together the wedding of my dreams in 4 months. I literally had nothing to do but relax two weeks before my wedding and it was fabulous and unexpected. I kept thinking "Why is this so easy?" In the movies it always looks like a nightmare! I couldn't believe how calm and organized I was (total thanks to her). I met Kate by chance through a client and was so lucky - it was fate! She has excellent communication skills and is extremely responsive. She always has the brides interest first and takes on all of the difficult conversations with vendors with professionalism and ease. She took all of my concerns and ideas seriously and supported my position when dealing with vendor issues and venue rules. If there was a problem she always had a creative solution that made everybody happy. The money spent on Kate's services for pre-wedding planning and day of services were extremely well spent. Kate has excellent check lists and web based tools for easy planning and communication. She has thought of everything! She helped me value engineer my wedding to get what I wanted at the lowest possible price without skimping on quality. Kate has a million resources for ribbons, design ideas, paper, decor materials, fabric, favors - you name it. She can even make your invitations, programs, menus and signs HERSELf. Just ask her about her "Luxecuts" - OMG. She has great taste and is knowledgeable about new trends and is ahead of the curve on design. She tells you where to get the most impact and is an expert in timing and entertaining guests so they enjoy themselves. You won't get a cookie cutter wedding with her! She has great vendor references for photography and other things and has very high standards for the people she works with. She expects a lot out of vendors and is very well liked by them! She put together a great timeline for my entire wedding party and family and everyone knew where they were supposed to be and I didn't have to do a thing! The wedding went so smooth and perfect it was just awesome. I hate to think what it would have been like without her - really. But, I'm so glad I don't have to! I would highly recommend her. I was able to enjoy my wedding weekend like a pampered guest not a frantic host. I am so happy. One hundred thumbs up from me, my new husband, my family and guests!

Sent on 05/13/2010

Natasha · Married on 09/27/2009

As a new bride to be I was overwhelmed and panic stricken as we had decided on a three month engagement. I was in need of the little purple pill of wedding coordinators – something organic, something non-synthetic (lol) – the answer came in a posh and trendy little potion called Kate Miller! I was working full time and going to school – my brain was full and I needed someone to help me generate ideas…and basically do just about everything. I knew my Scottish groom and my Russian heritage would be a challenge to anyone, but Kate handled it beautifully. Not only did she navigate all the traditions and mores of a fusion wedding, but she did it with style and grace (and shhhh! within a conservative budget!). She took care of all the contracts (she understands them), vendors (she knows all the best) and any negotiations, saving both my money and sanity. To say she had a challenge would be an understatement. Kate is technologically savvy, which was instrumental in the seamless execution of our amazing wedding day. From bridesmaids dresses to beautifully designed invitations (which she designed herself), and every small minute detail, she blew me away with her creative brilliance and originality. Like any other girl, I wanted my wedding to be beautiful, original, classy -- and most of all, an ethereal memory for all my guests, my family, and my beloved husband.
    I consider KME to be the luckiest thing to happen to me on my wedding day…other than, of course, falling madly deeply in love with my husband. Kate Miller, thank you times infinity!

Sent on 12/27/2010
  • ashley

Ashley · Married on 09/18/2009

I don't have enough nice things to say about Kate! She completely saved my life when it came to our wedding.
    As soon as we decided that we would have a backyard wedding I knew that a coordinator was a must!
    Kate went above and beyond our every expectation & because of her our wedding was amazing. I felt 100% secure in her every decision - she is AMAZING at what she does. Not only did she design the exact wedding I had invisioned, she made everything about the day of flow seamlessly. It literally did not even cross my mind to be worried about anything on the day of our wedding. I was just able to sip champagne and relax :)
    Without a doubt, Kate was the best decision we made regarding our wedding. It scares me to think what it could have been had we not hired her!

Sent on 11/19/2010

Courtney · Married on 07/07/2018

Thank you to Sarah for all of her help over the last 9 months. Such a beautiful, fun and memorable weekend wouldn't have possible without her. I am most grateful for her easy, friendly and positive demeanor and solutions-oriented approach. She was able to solve every snag quickly and without fuss. If she was flustered or stressed, I didn't see it. She beautifully managed my most critical comments without reaction or disappointment, just with a solution. She is truly a class act, a talented woman and a pleasure to work with. The team at KWE is great, and Sarah is a real super-star, a stand out, a consummate professional. Our most sincere thanks go out to the entire KWE team.

Sent on 07/30/2018
  • Sierra

Sierra · Married on 11/08/2014

My now husband and I live in Las Vegas, Nevada so we knew that we would need someone from the area to plan our event. We interviewed a few people for wedding planning and loved Kate's organization and experience. She got my husbands attention by providing us with poster boards, drawings, meeting invites, and packages. She got my attention because of her attention to detail and in control demeanor. We were so thankful to have booked her for our wedding. We primarily contacted by phone and email. Although there were some lapses in contact, if there was ever an emergency or I felt overwhelmed, she knew to get right back to me. I was comfortable with everything she was handling and trusted her judgement. The day went off without a hitch and we had the best time. She knows plenty of reputable people in the industry and we used most of her preferred contacts. No complaints at all.

Sent on 11/19/2014

Alison · Married on 10/04/2014

By far the most organized wedding planner. We met with two others before hiring Kate and they didn't give us 1/16th of the information Kate did. You could tell she really knew what she was doing and the best way to do it.We hired her for month of services and to also do a few extra things for us like rental management and going to our venue to do a to-scale graph of the room. The wedding day itself went so smoothly, and if anything went wrong I sure as heck was not told about it. She made our night so wonderful and we were actually able to enjoy the day!

Sent on 10/20/2014
  • F

Fran · Married on 08/04/2012

Dear Kate,

With all the energy and emotion of Amanda and Mike's wedding day, I didn't get a chance to thank you personally for all that you did to make it a success. My family and I would like to express our gratitude to you for your part in making Amanda and Mike's wedding such a wonderful memory. Your coordination of vendors and attention to the details of the wedding was amazing. The wedding site and all the decorations that Amanda wanted were very beautifully arranged. Your staff was very efficient, thoughtful and helpful through the entire celebration. I know the inclement weather was a challenge, but your experience and calm demeanor allowed our guests to enjoy the food and music without interruption.

One of the memories that will remain of the wedding is how many times your staff patiently tossed plastic tarps over the vintage furniture and removed them when a ray of sun broke through the clouds and my glimpse of you in your "garbage bag" attire to protect against the rain.

My sincere thanks for your efforts and genuine concern for Amanda and Mike and our family and guests at the HideOut wedding last Saturday. I will certainly recommend you to anyone I know who is planning a destination wedding.

Yours truly,