Karen Geaghan Photography Reviews

Karen Geaghan Photography 5
Karen Geaghan Photography 6
Karen Geaghan Photography 7

Tina · Married on 08/26/2017

Karen was very easy to work with and flexible with meeting us & figuring out what we wanted with our pictures. We had proofs of our photos within a month of our wedding & she presented them in a personalized box with one pic of just us. We only wish the photos were on an USB drive rather than a disc & I would have liked a bit more direction during my photos. Both issues were very small & we already recommended her to two other brides.

Sent on 04/20/2017

Karen Geaghan Photography's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. My custom USB drives arrived a month ago. If you would like a drive I would be happy to supply one as I now offer both:)
  • Hayley

Hayley · Married on 10/12/2019

Everything I could have wanted!

Karen was awesome to work with! She was very organized and got all the shots I had had in mind and then some! Absolutely beautiful pictures that I cannot wait to get printed! You can feel the emotions in every shot. Highly recommend for any occasion!!

Sent on 10/20/2019

Karen was very professional and provided great service. Her pictures came out great. She got all of the action but was not intrusive at all.

Sent on 09/02/2015

Ariel · Married on 09/28/2018

3.0

Beautiful pictures, but many missing moments left us disappointed

I hate to leave only 3 stars because the photos Karen took of our wedding day were genuinely beautiful, but unfortunately we were left feeling disappointed with our experience as a whole. There were many candid moments that are missing from our pictures, both from the ceremony and the reception, despite her having a second shooter. Communication before the wedding wasn’t what we would have hoped. I felt like I was bothering her that my messages were skimmed and not fully responded to. I brushed it off as her being busy with other shoots and other clients, but I probably should have stood up about it then. There were a lot of things we had to re-go over with her that we had previously discussed when we had our final meeting. The day of the wedding, our list of what groups we wanted for the formal family portraits wasn’t followed, resulting in time being wasted on pictures that we did not want or need and I had to remind her of some of the groupings that she missed and almost didn’t take.

Karen has a very quick turn around time (her editing style is minimal, which was something we liked) and the pictures we got were gorgeous, but for my husband and I that doesn’t make up for the missing moments.

All in all, we love the pictures we got and will cherish them always, but I wish we had gone with someone else.

Sent on 10/31/2018

Karen Geaghan Photography's reply:

Ariel,
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding my wedding services. My team and I strive to make every experience memorable and positive in every way. We are truly sorry it was not an overall happy experience for you. It saddens me that you feel the way you do and that we could not make you happy. I am grateful however that you were pleased and you found your images beautiful. Danielle and I did as well. I do not believe the disappointment you feel could have been rectified by any change in my actions, for that I am truly sorry as well.
    A “candid” is an unposed moment in time. We delivered over 1100 images of which 40% covered the reception and approximately 20% the ceremony. If we missed a candid moment, something you viewed that we did not, unfortunately we have no control over that.
    You are absolutely correct in stating that I go over things time and time again. I do this intentionally in case any details are missing or have changed from the time of booking until the wedding. If this seems redundant, my apologies.
    Communication throughout the year was timely except for one email a year before the wedding for which I acknowledged but asked to respond at a later date. It was a lengthy email with a three page list of group shot images and names of family members and friends. I needed a good amount of time to review this information and process it but felt that it could temporarily wait as we had a year before the wedding. You responded in kind that the email was not urgent. If this left you feeling brushed off, it was certainly not my intention and I am sorry.
    You are correct as well in stating there was an error with group pictures. The DJ inadvertently called an incorrect group from the list you had given us. It as well was not intentional and you then corrected us and we then got the proper group. I don’t believe we missed any others from the spreadsheet you had supplied.
    Again, I am saddened that you are walking away from this experience unsatisfied but am grateful you thought your wedding images were “genuinely beautiful”. I wish you and Glen every happiness as you begin your married life and an abundance of joy and love in the years to come.
    Karen