Kara Evans Photographer Reviews

22 Reviews for Kara Evans Photographer

• Paige

Paige Podbelsek 路 Married on 05/06/2020

Personal and Professional

We couldn't be happier with Kara as our wedding photographer! From the beginning she completely understood our vision and was willing to do whatever it took to get the pictures that we wanted. She was so friendly and warm, and honestly every time we met with her it just felt like hanging out with a friend. Our pictures for both our engagement shoot and wedding were stunning. We got TONS of compliments on Kara's personable and professional demeanor all day at the wedding. We couldn't be happier to recommend her to anyone considering her services for their wedding!

Sent on 05/20/2019
  • Kendra

Kendra Young 路 Married on 10/26/2019

Sweetest wedding photographer ever 馃

Kara and Kyle were absolutely amazing! I cannot express how thankful I am that we chose them to photograph our wedding. Kara kept in touch with me throughout the entire planning process and helped me with so much more than my engagement and wedding pictures. I asked her random wedding planning questions and she always helped me with a smile her on her face! On our wedding day, it rained the entire day and I was very disappointed because we had a Fall wedding so that we could get beautiful pictures outside with the colorful trees. Both Kara and Kyle were positive and listened to me complain about the rain! After our wedding, Kara came up to me and said that the rain had stopped and had us go outside. She knew how much it meant to me to get a couple of pictures outside and she made it happen. She saved the day because she had a clear umbrella and the pictures she captured were absolutely stunning, so special to us, and very unique! I cannot tell you enough good things about them, they work together perfectly and are both so sweet. You will not regret choosing Kara as your photographer! 馃

• Brittany

Brittany Burd 路 Married on 09/14/2019

Best Photographer

I can't say enough about what a creative inspiration Kara is! Her photography is unmatched. When you look back on your wedding (or whatever event/moments in your life she's capturing), it's not just about the photos. From the beginning of our experience, she got to know us on a personal level, helped select details for the day, put together a timeline before anyone else asked for it, and kept us on the wedding planning track. She and her husband, Kyle drove 400+ miles to us for our engagement photos because our schedules were limited! Need I say more? On the wedding day, she took creative control, directed people where they needed to be, kept us on schedule and made sure every detail was beautifully captured. Our photos are perfect and truly represent the essence of John + I as a couple. We couldn't have asked for a more unique experience or a better photographer. The best part is through all of it, I gained a new friend!

Sent on 03/27/2020
  • Courtney

Courtney Taylor Bossong 路 Married on 08/17/2019

AMAZING! Can鈥檛 use enough positive words to describe Kara and her work!

I don鈥檛 even know how to describe how amazing Kara and her work is! Kara isn鈥檛 just a photographer- you get a photographer, wedding planner, supporter, and a friend all wrapped up into one. My wedding wouldn鈥檛 have been what it was without her! She is worth every penny and you will not be disappointed, I mean just look at one picture and you鈥檒l fall in love! I would give her a 100 star rating if I could!

Sent on 03/27/2020

Sarah Sverdlik 路 Married on 06/08/2019

Best wedding photographer ever

Hiring Kara and Kyle to photograph our big day was one of the best decisions I鈥檝e ever made. When deciding between a few photographers, I knew right away that I would pick her when she set up a FaceTime to meet me and get a feel for my vision. I got such a great vibe from her from the start. Kara cares so much about her clients and their weddings and it shows throughout the whole process. She offers plenty of tips for brides and even helps schedule your entire day. We could not be happier with how our photos turned out. Kara is on top of her game. She gets things done in a timely manner and the final products are always beautiful. Thank you Kara!!

• Autumn

Autumn Davis 路 Married on 05/25/2019

The most amazing wedding experience!

I cannot imagine our wedding day without Kara and Kyle. They are the perfect duo. Kara was our photographer, and she was phenomenal, she knew my style and matched it perfectly. Kyle was our videographer, and we cry every time we watch our video, it is so beautiful. I love to see these two in action. Kara and Kyle made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera. Once our wedding photos and video were delivered, we were speechless. They captured every moment perfectly. My husband and I love to go back and rewatch our video and go through the photos, and they bring back all the feels every time! 馃グ

Brittany 路 Married on 05/24/2019

Amazing Wedding Photgrapher!

Kara was wonderful to work with. Anyone looking for a wedding photographer should definitely reach out to her!

Sent on 03/29/2020
  • Lakyn

Lakyn Miller 路 Married on 11/10/2018

Kara is amazing!

Kara is simply amazing! She made me feel so comfortable and at ease when wedding planning / the day of. She was always there to answer any of my questions as well as keep me on schedule. She captured our story through our engagement photos as well as our wedding photos and each time I look at the pictures it brings such joy to my heart. Aside from her amazing talent she has the sweetest soul!

Sent on 04/04/2019

Colette 路 Married on 11/02/2018

The REAL deal

Kara is the best to work with. She isn鈥檛 just a photographer she is your support, advice, insight, and backbone. When you first meet her you will instantly feel comfort, almost like you鈥檝e known each other for years. She made us so comfortable during the engagement session and the wedding day. Her organization is out of this world and she delivers a first class service. I will mention that she is the most timely human you will ever meet. The pictures are just UNREAL!

Sent on 05/12/2019

Lyndsey 路 Married on 06/30/2018

Amazing to say the least!

Kara Evans is amazing to say the least! She made our day one to remember and was so efficient and fun. It was a 95 degree day and our pictures were still outstanding. I love her work and everything she stands for!

Sent on 04/03/2019

Carmen Mellone 路 Married on 05/22/2018

An absolute joy!

The photographer was one of the most important parts of planning our wedding day. Kara and her husband Kyle are the most amazing people. I can鈥檛 even put into words how kind and generous they are. Kara was in communication all through planning and made sure to get to know US and who we were to ensure our styles meshed and it was a perfect fit. Beyond that, the photos we received of our wedding day are the most beautiful photos I鈥檝e ever seen. She made us feel comfortable and helped us to relax and just enjoy the day. She captured each moment perfectly and did so with ease. If anyone is searching for a photographer I HIGHLY recommend going with Kara. You will not regret it!

Sent on 04/03/2019
  • LIndsay

LIndsay 路 Married on 04/28/2018

Fellow Vendor - Fantastic to work with!

I work with MODE Events, and one of our DJs named Chris Mix worked with Kara and her husband on a wedding a couple of months ago, as well as on previous weddings. We were reminded of how fantastic they are BOTH to work with, and that we've been meaning to write a review! They were professional, attentive to the timeline, and just cool people to work with, in general :) We hope to work with them again soon!

Sent on 01/06/2020

Kara Evans Photographer's reply:

Thank you so much, Lindsay and Chris! We really do love working with your team time and time again, too! It's a joy when our couples hire an amazing vendor team to collaborate and celebrate alongside them!

Jennifer 路 Married on 02/03/2018

Kara is one of the best photographers you can get! She is there for you every step of the way and is ready to help you with anything you need; not to mention her work is amazing. She is so creative and understands exactly what you want! You want Kara if you want the best!

Sent on 02/11/2018

Taylor 路 Married on 09/03/2017

Not only is Kara SO sweet, but she is incredible talented and SO helpful. She basically doubled as a second wedding planner throughout the months leading up to our big day! Kara was so supportive leading up to the day of our engagement photos and super helpful when I began picking out outfits. She is very easily accessible and answered all questions in a timely manner. She knows what she's doing not only as a photographer, but as a planner as well. She helped with our timeline, had the best advice for day-of questions, and knew how to keep the day rolling!
    This wonder woman not only photographs, but takes the times to write blogs on each couple and to share wedding planning advice - WOW!
    Kara Evans is a must when deciding on a wedding photographer! There is no one better!!
    And of course we LOVE LOVE our engagement and wedding photos!!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Anne 路 Married on 08/12/2017

From our initial meeting with Kara, we felt that we had made the right decision in hiring her to be our wedding photographer. Hearing her ideas, and feeling her excitement for prospective locations for photographs in and around our venue in Chicago, made us feel even more excited for our wedding, even though it was almost a year away at the time. When our wedding day finally came and went, we realized that it was absolutely the right decision having her as our photographer. Kara's candid and natural light photos on a sunny day by the Chicago River were amazing, and she knew the exact locations and spots to get the perfect picture. Her laid back nature, and excitement for the photos she was taking rubbed off on everyone, and we all had such a great time during the bridal party and family photos, as well as throughout the ceremony and reception. In the weeks following our wedding, Kara provided us with a small sample of the pictures she took during our wedding, and provided the link to all of the pictures exactly when she said they would be ready. We were more than thrilled with how the pictures turned out, and have received many compliments, as well as a number of friends and family members asking to order pictures for themselves.

We loved having Kara as our wedding photographer, and highly recommend her. Not only was the final product amazing, but she was also a joy to be around, and made our wedding day even better.

Sent on 09/18/2017

Katy 路 Married on 11/12/2016

I cannot even begin to express how amazing it was working with Kara for our engagement photos and wedding! Kara is kind, patient and absolutely amazing at what she does! She went above and beyond to get awesome photos and was not afraid to get dirty to get the right shot! She helped throughout the entire planning process and was always willing to offer advice when I needed help with some of the details. Not only was Kara easy to work with and always so sweet, but the pictures she captured were more than I could ever have dreamed of! I couldn't have imagined a better photographer to capture the best day of our lives!

Taylor 路 Married on 10/29/2016

There's not enough good things I could say about Kara! She is so kind hearted, thoughtful, and so helpful! Anytime I had a question no matter how big or small she had a quick response with an answer. I couldn't appreciate this more! Our wedding day was a beautiful 70* October day, and she captured every moment perfectly! To anyone looking for an amazing photographer for any occasion, look no further!

Sent on 02/15/2017

CayLee 路 Married on 10/08/2016

Kara did an amazing job not only on our wedding photos but our engagement pictures as well. She's probably one of the sweetest people we had ever met during the whole wedding process. She made out photo sessions so relaxing and the time went by fast. She's prompt which I liked because I'm huge about being on time haha. She was always good about communicating with us and making sure we were updated on everything. Her photos for us turned out amazing and she captured some really great moments. From the gettting ready, to the reveal to my dad to the hellos to each indivudial person at the church and to the dance. It was all taken and we were happy to see how many shots she got. We couldn't have picked someone better to capture our big day! She even got our dog in some shots for the engagement and wedding day! The time it took her to edit wasn't long at all so that was nice we didn't have to get really too anxious to see the pictures which was really nice.

Logan 路 Married on 08/27/2016

Kara is so wonderful and an amazing photographer! She makes you feel very comfortable in front of the camera - even my husband (who is not a fan of taking pics) says so! She helps make the big day go so smoothly. I am so in love with our engagement and wedding pictures; she truly captured everything perfectly! She was so sweet and patient with my million and one questions! Thank you, Kara, for everything!

Brittany 路 Married on 07/30/2016

As soon as Luke and I got engaged we knew that we wanted Kara to photograph our big day. We contacted Kara with a list of dates before we decided on one to ensure that she was available, it was that important to us :). Kara made us feel so comfortable during our engagement session and on our wedding day. She contacted us prior to our wedding just to check in! Kara is very organized, caring, and genuinely fun to work with. I would without a doubt recommend Kara!!!

Sent on 02/26/2017
  • Sangele

Amanda 路 Married on 04/23/2016

If you need a photographer, stop searching and book ByKara!! She is seriously the best ever. When we were starting our wedding planning, we weren't sure where or when, but we did know we wanted Kara. We're both familiar with her amazing work, so it was really a no brainer. Kara and her husband did out engagement pictures and our wedding pictures. I have never felt more beautiful than in my pictures they took. We have gotten so many compliments and even some photographer regrets from friends that wish they would have booked her! She is professional, easy to communicate with, has a great eye, but most importantly, she makes you feel so comfortable, you forget there is a camera on you. We cannot wait for another reason to use her in the future!

Sent on 06/02/2016

Erin 路 Married on 09/19/2015

I'm even sure where to begin to tell you all the reasons why I'm so glad we chose Kara to photograph are wedding. First of all, she is so easy to work with and has so many creative ideas. Our engagement pictures were so good not only because of her skill but because of all the leg work she did before hand to make sure she took every pose that I was wanting. My husband and I left that day completely satisfied and then when we received our pictures we were blown away. She is so incredibly talented, I don't think we had one bad picture. Then came the wedding. She came the morning of my wedding and sat around with me and bridesmaids taking pictures, visiting, and just being one of the girls. All my bridesmaids were incredibly comfortable with her and that made the day run that much smoother. She came prepared with lists of what pictures I wanted, what pictures she recommended, and then just some random ideas. I never felt rushed during the day and felt like I could thoroughly enjoy my wedding day because I knew the most important parts were going to captured beautifully. When we received our wedding pictures I felt like I was reliving the day and as I look at them all through my house, I get all the feelings from my wedding day. Kara is professional, emotionally invested, and above all extremely talented. You will not be disappointed by Kara Evans Photographer.