Kangaroo Kitchen & Catering Reviews

Kangaroo Kitchen & Catering 4
Kangaroo Kitchen & Catering 5
  • Audrey

Audrey · Married on 11/10/2017

The food was excellent and the service was too! We got many compliments on the food. They put a lot into the presentation of the buffet and it adds a nice touch to the evening. Roman was super flexible with our requests and worked with us to get exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 01/07/2018

Jennifer Gasieski · Married on 11/16/2019

Everything was perfect

From the very beginning of the food planning process, I knew that we would be taken care of by Chef Roman and his team. He was super responsive, kind and organized. It is apparent that he truly cares about his business and clients. The buffet moved fast, the food delicious, presentation was perfect, and he took the time to talk to us during the reception to make sure we were enjoying everything. We took home leftovers and ate them for days. Everyone raved about the food. Thank you Chef Roman and Kangaroo Kitchen for being a part of our special day!

Sent on 11/28/2019
  • Keri

Keri Kowal · Married on 11/01/2019

Chef Roman is worth every penny

We chose to have nontraditional wedding food, and Roman worked with us to give us exactly what we wanted. He is creative, kind, and approachable. Roman customized a southwestern menu for our special day. Presentation was beautiful. Everyone raved about the appetizers. The meatballs and goat cheese wontons were my favorite. Dtaff made sure to leave us a plate of appetizers from cocktail hour while we were mingling.
    Dinner was buffet style and moved quickly. Roman responded promptly to all emails. His team was professional. Zero complaints from us! Thank you Roman & KK. We will find a way to incorporate your business into another special day!

Sent on 11/04/2019

Susan Altheim · Married on 10/19/2019

Awesome catering vendor..

Chef Roman and staff:
    I would like to extend a HUGE thank you to you and your staff for the excellent food and service during our son and daughter-in-law’s wedding at Studio D2D. Everything was perfect from the presentation, taste, and service. We received so many compliments on the food; a testimony to Kangaroo Kitchen. We would definitely recommend you in the future. Once again, THANK YOU for being a integral part of an awesome day!

Sent on 10/31/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah Elizabeth · Married on 10/27/2018

Simply the Best

SIMPLY THE BEST! I used KK for my wedding reception and could not have been more happy with the entire experience.
    Chef Roman was kind, courteous, professional, and timely with everything he did. Every email we exchanged was answered quickly and thoroughly. We did a tasting at his intimate catering hub in Grand Rapids, and it was such a neat experience. We were able to bring two guests, and to be the only four guests at his service was so special. Roman was so helpful when we couldn't decide what choices to give guests. The food was all so amazing, it was a struggle! His recommendations were on point.
    Pricing was reasonable, and I honestly felt like the quality of his food far surpassed the pricing.
    At our reception guests RAVED about the food and dessert shooters(even my extremely finicky aunt did), and we were told that guests were going back for seconds and thirds of everything. The presentation was beautiful, colorful, and fresh.
    The staff of KK was friendly, warm, and helpful. They boxed up all of the leftovers for us, and my family was able to take them all home! I was so excited that I was able to eat my wedding meal the next day. They even thought to leave appetizers at the head table for us!
    Lastly, Chef Roman was catering another event the night of our wedding, but still managed to stop by later in the night. He made sure we were happy, and wanted to meet our parents. It was a thoughtful touch.
    My only regret is that I can not order some of his amazing food items on a regular basis. Time to find some excuses to order catering! Thank you Chef Roman!!!!
    Sarah Vennix (Lane)

Sent on 10/29/2018

April · Married on 07/21/2018

I can't say enough good things about Kangaroo Kitchen. From the start working with Chef Roman was fabulous, especially with us planning the wedding from out of town. He answered questions and was super responsive to all of our emails. Additionally, he worked with us when one of our guests has a special diet and was able to accommodate it no problem.

Most importantly, our guests loved the food! We had the cilantro lime shrimp, pork belly and roasted pear skewer, smoked bacon and Gouda cheese balls, and sun-dried tomato, rosemary, and cannelloni bean dip for appetizers and they were so good! The roasted vegetables, and roasted sweet potato and freekah salad were fabulous! And then the mains we chose of the beef brisket with apricot rice and the Chicken saltimbocca with the celery root mashed potatoes were both awesome! We also added their Amaretto chocolate coconut balls, which was a nice way to end the meal before cake. We had so many compliments after the wedding (and still are getting them) on the food. We could not be happier. On the day of the wedding, we had an outside ceremony and dance floor at our venue, Camp Blodgett, set up with a tent and it ended up pouring during our cocktail hour. Ashley (our lead contact on our wedding) and the Kangaroo Kitchen staff helped move tables around quickly so our band could set up inside instead. They were awesome at stepping in and helping when we had an unexpected turn in weather. And I can't thank them enough for keeping dinner and clean-up flowing despite the unexpected change in the layout last minute. My day-of coordinator said they were one of the best catering companies she has worked with. Overall, I highly recommend Chef Roman and Kangaroo Kitchen for your caterer. The staff went above and beyond for us, the food was amazing, and even with last minute changes, they made sure everything ran smoothly making it a great wedding day for us! We cannot thank them enough!

Sent on 08/03/2018

Alexandra · Married on 04/22/2018

Kangaroo Kitchen was the perfect choice for our wedding catering. From our first meeting with Roman, he listened to everything that we had envisioned for our wedding, helped us turn it into something cohesive and wonderful and executed it on our wedding day without a single hitch. The food speaks for itself and it was nothing short of amazing. We had so many people compliment us on having the best wedding food they have ever had! It is creative, beautiful, and most of all, delicious! From our cocktail hour all the way to the end of coffee service, Roman and his staff were professional, friendly and made everything run so smoothly. Roman made a point to go over and check in with my parents and make sure that everything was to their liking- a touch that went so far with my dad. We have nothing but the best things to say and they come with our highest recommendation. You will not be disappointed if you choose to use them for any event!

Sent on 06/03/2018
  • Susie

Susie · Married on 11/25/2017

We have received sooo many compliments from our guests on the unique and delicious food at our wedding - and we have to agree, we picked the best caterer!! Working with Chef Roman was an absolute pleasure. He kept us on task prior to the event without ever feeling rushed, and was accommodating and helpful in the planning process. The service was on schedule and friendly. We loved working with Kangaroo Kitchen and recommend them 100%!!

Sent on 12/04/2017

Nicole · Married on 10/21/2017

We were married on 10/21/17 and Kangaroo Kitchen catered our event. Chef Roman was efficient, kind, flexible, professional, and responsive throughout our whole planning process, and on the day of the event his staff maintained that extremely high caliber of service and experience.
    The staff came early, set up their stations, plated the buffets beautifully, took extra care of our grandmas, made a special appetizers plate for the groom and I (they were right, we never even saw the ones being passed, we were so busy!). The quality of the food was incredible and they boxed up the leftovers! Scotty and I were eating incredible healthy food for a week! Perfection!
    So many of our guests commented on the quality of the food, the healthy options/spins on comfort classics, and their overall excellent impression of our food. Thank you SO MUCH Kangaroo Kitchen- you are wonderful!

Kangaroo Kitchen & Catering 6
    Kangaroo Kitchen & Catering 12
    Kangaroo Kitchen & Catering 13
    Sent on 12/09/2017

Mark · Married on 10/07/2017

Outstanding food, outstanding service, and happy attitudes. We couldn't be more pleased with Chef Roman and his staff. They helped make our daughters wedding day perfect. :)

Sent on 10/14/2017

Stacy · Married on 08/19/2017

Chef Roman is amazing to work with. He's quick to respond, will answer all of your questions/ concerns and make you feel comfortable. You can tell he knows what he's doing. As for the food... we knew from our tasting how incredible his food was. This is not your typical "wedding food". The presentation is beautiful and it's simply delicious. We received so many compliments on our food! If you're looking to impress your guests, hire Chef Roman and Kangaroo Kitchen! Couldn't recommend him enough! So glad we went with him for our big day!

Sent on 09/05/2017

Allison · Married on 07/29/2017

We can't say enough amazing things about Chef Roman and his team!! From the very beginning, Chef Roman went out of his way to stay in contact with us every step of the way. The tastings were so delicious! He took the time to listen to exactly what we wanted and adjust as needed. He even suggested a second tasting when we couldn't narrow our decisions. We looked forward to our frequent interactions and learning when new things had joined his menu!

The day of the wedding was perfect! He arrived plenty early and set-up was smooth and fast. The display was beautiful and he even brought his own decorations to spoof it up even more. When he saw us being pulled in many different directions, he asked if he could get us dessert before it was gone and set it at the head table for us- so very appreciated!!

At the wedding and since, many of our guests have just raved about the food! I can't tell you how many times we heard "the food was amazing" or "this is the best wedding food I've ever had" or "this is the best catered food I've ever had." Our next wish is that we can attend a wedding catered by Kangaroo Kitchen so that we can savor the food and go up for seconds without feeling like we needed to socialize with all of our guests instead.

I can't say enough good things about Kangaroo Kitchen! Also, with Chef Roman's no added fees, he is right on par cost-wise with even those caterers who look cheaper on paper, but then charge additional service fees and taxes. Do the math and go with the better food- you won't be disappointed!!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Tyler · Married on 04/22/2017

Kangaroo Kitchen & Catering was OUT OF THIS WORLD...AMAZING. Roman is a pleasure to work with and not only did his food for our plated large wedding taste amazing but the presentation was over the top!!! Our guests were posting pictures of their food and the staff went around and asked how everything tasted. Roman himself came out to say hello and ask us how everything tasted and looked. AMAZING!

Sent on 05/02/2017

Ashley · Married on 07/09/2016

My husband and I love to eat and we have a lot of good cooks in the family so naturally we wanted delicious food for our wedding this July and Kangaroo Kitchen & Catering delivered! Chef Roman was very professional and his food was to die for. Guests were raving about the food (especially the apricot glazed salmon and the arugula dill potato mash--SO GOOD!). They are a class act! Dinner buffet service for 140 people was a breeze, they cut our cakes for us and we had a delicious meal without a single snag (and we even got to eat as bride and groom so believe me! YUM). This was Chef Roman's first time working at our venue and was able to coordinate with the venue staff to make everything work out the way we wanted it! You will totally get your money's worth and your belly and guests will be happy. Thanks Chef Roman and staff!

Sent on 07/16/2016
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 06/11/2016

We were so blown away by Chef Roman and his staff! Everything from his communication and professionalism, to the tasting, and finally the event was perfect. The food tasted exactly like at the tasting, if not better, at the actual wedding. One of our major goals was to have good wedding food that people wanted to eat... mission accomplished! We served amazing food that everyone is still continuing to rave about and stayed within our budget. Absolutely love Roman and recommend him for any event!

Sent on 06/21/2016

Kara · Married on 09/05/2015

SO. DELICIOUS.

I can't recommend Kangaroo Kitchen enough. Roman, the chef, is amazing, and really puts his heart into his work. He worked with us to create the menu we really wanted, and let me tell you - it was a HIT. Everyone commented on how good the food was, and it was one of my favorite parts of the reception! The pulled pork and celery root mashed potatoes were TO DIE FOR. My only regret was that Jeff and I didn't ask for seconds or ask for any to be boxed up for us to eat later! He did a great job talking us through everything and was very calm and professional in all of our meetings. His food has a unique spin on some of the classics, and has something for everyone. All of my guests who had food allergies were so happy with the selections! I can't have dairy, and he worked with me so I could eat most of everything that was made.

It was delicious and worth every penny. Thank you! I can't wait to eat KK food again! I wish the restaurant was still open! I'm hoping my sister uses him when she gets married so we can eat his food again soon!

Sent on 09/18/2015

Not only was this the most delicious food that I've ever eaten at a wedding, the food (especially the charmoula-marinated salmon and the sweet potato/spinach/red quinoa salad) was probably some of the best food I've eaten EVER. Roman is wonderful to work with and extremely personable and the staff was kind and efficient. On top of all that, Kangaroo Kitchen was the most economical choice out of all the preferred caterers on our venue's list. We did a buffet, which didn't take away from the elegance of our evening at all, as I had thought it might. I had more compliments from guests on the food than on any other part of the reception.

Sent on 08/10/2015