Kahn's Catering Reviews

36 | Indianapolis, IN

36 Reviews for Kahn's Catering

Kahn's really knew how to make our wedding feel elegant. We were able to cover catering, table/chair rental, all the linens, plus 2 specialty bars all through Kahn's. Our cocktail hour was perfect. The servers were great and the everyone raved about the food. They were exited to sit down for dinner and see what else Kahn's had created. Dinner was just as great. I especially liked that all of my guest felt well attended to the entire evening.

Sent on 03/10/2015

Kahn's Catering's reply:

Kahn's Catering prides itself on our attentiveness to serve each and every guest, as well as our cuisine. We are very happy you enjoyed your reception and everyone felt well taken care of....Mission completed! :)

Maia · Married on 08/04/2007

Kahn's Katering at the Montage in Indianapolis is a great service - they will do as little or as much for you as you want. It was easy and low stress working with them, and the lunch buffet option is a great deal. Our wedding cake was included, and it was wonderful - relatives were still talking about it at Thanksgiving.

Sent on 01/12/2008

Milan · Married on 10/04/2014

The Kahn's team made our small wedding venue shine in spite of the many challenges a small kitchen and other logistics posed. We had the attention of the organization and genuine care given to our day.

Sent on 08/17/2015

Kahn's Catering's reply:

Thank you for your review! Kahn's Catering understands that every event presents its own set of unique challenges, but nothing can stop us from making your special event a success! It's all thanks to our experience catering in unique environments, including airplane hangers and football facilities!

Abbey · Married on 07/02/2011

I had my wedding at The Montage on July 2, 2011. This venue was beautiful. The food was great and I recieved many compliments from my guests. The staff was very helpful and the evening ran very smoothly and in a timely fashion. My one complaint was this. We choose to have fireworks at the end of the evening since it was 4th of July weekend. Well the fireworks were supposed to be at 11:00PM at the very end. The man in charge of setting off the fireworks came at 9:30 to see if we wanted them done then. Our head staff asked my husband and I if we wanted to have them shot off early because the firework man was ready. We said no please wait, unless there is anything in the weather that indicates we should do it early. The Montage staff said no weather looks good. Well about twenty minutes later the actual fireworks guys walked in to the wedding reception. He stood out like a sore thumb because wasnt dressed very nicely and everyone was staring wondering who he was. He told me we had to do the fireworks right then due to weather. Long story short if they offer you fireworks I would not do them. Its a risk because you have to purchase a $400 liscense to shoot them off and if they fireworks dont happen you do not get this money back. Futhermore the firework man who set off them off just seemed to be in a hurry and wanted to be done with his night. He seemed very unwilling to wait around till the end of the night. Besides tht we really enjoyed the monetage and kahns catering.

Sent on 07/20/2011

Kahn's Catering's reply:

We make every effort to work with vendors that uphold the same standard of service that we do. We apologize for the lack of professionalism.
    We addressed this issue with our firework vendor and will not be using this company any more.

Courtney · Married on 10/15/2011

Kahn's did a wonderful job of catering our reception. Everyone loved the food, and the presentation was beautiful. All of the behind the scenes work was flawless. We had to remove 4 tables in order to make room for a dance floor, and it went so smoothly that I didn't even realize it had happened until I was dancing!

Sent on 01/09/2012

Erin · Married on 10/20/2007

3.5

Kahn's is great. The service was exceptional at the wedding and we got several compliments on the food.

The only negative thing I have to say about Kahn's is that our wedding cake did not look like we had discussed. However, when Kahn's remade us the top tier of our cake (because they threw it all away at the wedding and did not save it for us), it was correct in how we discussed it in our meetings.

Kahn's may be a bit pricey, depending on where you are getting married, but it is definitely worth every penny. They thought of every detail and made the evening flow smoothly!

Sent on 07/15/2008

Jack · Married on 09/25/2008

Kahn's Katering treated me like family. The service was phenomenal, and the cost was great.

Sent on 10/09/2008

Melinda · Married on 05/16/2015

3.5

Delicious food and exceptional service but beware- can get very pricy very easily!

Sent on 06/12/2015

Amber · Married on 10/07/2007

3.4
      3.5

I was a little uniformed about some of the services, some minor communication problems. The staff was very polite and they were very organized.

Sent on 05/15/2008

Debra · Married on 10/24/2009

2.0
      3.0

I had my wedding at the Montage and have always wanted to have it there. However, they were the only vendor that caused disruption during my planning process. They were very slow to respond to questions or concerns; were never clear on what cost extra and what was included in the package and developed a whole lot of 'last minute costs' the week before my wedding. I felt like these hidden costs were a form of practice for them to rake in the money and their desire to solve things was limited.

My wedding however, turned out very beautiful and the actual staff setting up and serving dinner were phenominal. The food was outstanding and so was the ambience.

Sent on 11/11/2009

2.8
      2.0
      2.5

Food was AMAZING however the services was lacking. Many issues through the entire process with my representative. The Day of the wedding many things went wrong from dropping the food at the wrong time and taking plates before people were done. We had wine service and many of the tables did not get any. The main dinner was amazing and the staff was friendly for the most part. Most of the problems were with the planning process. My representative was not attentive to what we wanted and were asking. Food is worth if but always check their work!

Sent on 11/06/2014