JW Marriott Grand Rapids Reviews

16 | Grand Rapids, MI

16 Reviews for JW Marriott Grand Rapids

Marina · Married on 06/30/2018

A bride here 100% recommending the JW Marriott Grand Rapids. For the couple looking for a sleek and modern venue, with great food, great service, and to top it all off, a great hotel stay, I recommend the JW. The wedding planning process with the JW will be stress free and enjoyable, thanks to the events director, Anna. She is extremely responsive, detailed, and organized. Anna answered every single one of my (silly) questions. We were engaged in September, decided on the JW in November, and had our dream wedding by June. This is all thanks to Anna and her help with the JW. She was fantastic with organizing the vendors, and contacted the Amway Grand bakery for our cake. Anna did everything, above and beyond, and we are very thankful for that.

Sent on 07/06/2018

Sandy · Married on 07/04/2017

We stayed in the JW for our wedding. We even got a room overlooking the Blue Bridge where our ceremony was to be held! They were great! They set up flowers from friends in our room before we got there and sent up a bottle of bubbly as well. Everything we needed was brought as far as food, bottled water, luggage carts, etc. Everyone we encountered was kind and very helpful. Plus, their app was great for a quick check in and check out!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Betsy · Married on 09/02/2016

Beautiful place to stay on our wedding night, and wonderful staff accommodating our blocks for guests!!

Sent on 12/09/2016

Erica · Married on 08/08/2015

The JW Marriott Grand Rapids was a perfect reception location. Analou Schoonmaker helped our dream wedding come true! The staff was phenomenal and the space looked absolutely perfect! The food was fantastic, and all of our guests had an amazing time! I would not change a thing! Thank you JW Marriott!

Sent on 08/17/2015

Lisa · Married on 07/27/2014

We love the JW Marriott. The service was superb and everyone on the"team" was so helpful and courteous.

Sent on 08/13/2014

Katie · Married on 06/18/2011

Our wedding day was absolutely perfect, and I cannot give enough credit to the JW Marriott Grand Rapids and their entire staff for making it that way.

From the beginning, Sales Manager Lauren was there to answer every question we had regarding reception details, reserving the venue, etc. She made sure they were going to deliver everything we wanted for the big day and continued to exemplify the same polished personality throughout the planning process. From there, our Event Manager, Emily, was ahead of us every step when it came to the planning process. She went above and beyond the call of duty to plan for everything and we couldn't have asked for a better person to work with.

Our friends are still talking about the wonderful reception the JW put on; the cocktail hour was plentiful of our appetizers, the reception cuisine was perfect (and hot for everyone! :) ), and the coordination of all events was spot-on. Many guests ended up making their stay into a mini-vacation after the wonderful food, spirits, service, and ambiance they experienced on our wedding night.

If you're looking for a venue that delivers all they promise, on-site catering that couldn't be better, and a staff that couldn't be more on top of their game, don't look elsewhere----the JW Marriott Grand Rapids is the place to go! You'll love it and so will your guests!

Sent on 10/10/2011

Cristina · Married on 07/10/2010

I highly recommend JW Marriott Grand Rapids! Not only did they provided us with a breathtaking venue but our guests were very much impressed with the service they provided. Food was excellent, drinks were great, the rooms were spacious! The staff was just awesome catering to our needs especially our event coordinator Analou Schoonmaker, she made sure that every detail was taken care of. JW Marriott certainly made our day an event to remember not only for us but all of our guests.

Sent on 07/19/2010

Elyse · Married on 06/05/2010

JW was so accommodating and helpful! I had an amazing time planning with them! Fabulous from the word go!

Sent on 08/03/2010

Bobby · Married on 05/10/2009

Use this for your catering. They are flexable ad they have great prices. I loved th food. It was amzing. It added so much to my wedding and it made it even more amazing.

Sent on 05/12/2009
  • F

Lori · Married on 12/22/2007

The venue was excellent. The service was impeccable. It has been more than 6 months since the wedding and our guests still talk about the food - the chef absolutley outdid himself. All of the employees were wonderful - I especially enjoyed working with Michael Lyman.

Sent on 08/22/2008

Alishan · Married on 06/14/2008

I booked the JW Marriott before it was ever built because of the level of service I knew I would receive. It has brought Grand Rapids to a whole never level and everything was impeccable. From the waiters to the executives everyone bent over backwards to take care of my needs and I would expect nothing less.

Sent on 08/21/2008

Alexandra · Married on 05/25/2013

We loved the JW. The waitstaff and the other people who helped us along the way were very professional and kind. The reason that I would not give them a 5 out of 5 is because they were on the expensive side. We tried to rent a TV/DVD player from them, but figured we could have bought a TV for the same price they were renting them. They did end up letting us bring our own though, so that worked out. We loved that they let us choose whatever we wanted for dinner, meet with the chef, and do tastings as many times as we needed until we felt the food was perfect (we ended up doing 5 small plates, and it was delicious!) Overall, if you have a budget on the larger side, the JW is a great venue and I think you will be very happy.

Sent on 08/07/2013

Molly · Married on 05/30/2009

The JW Marriott was an absolutely beautiful venue for our cocktail hour and dinner reception and dancing, as well as our host hotel for our guests! Many things, from the delectable meal our guests were served to the service throughout the weekend to the breathtaking views from the guest rooms, were truly first class and one of a kind. Anyone looking for an above and beyond experience with incredible service in Grand Rapids for their wedding reception should consider the JW Marriott!

Sent on 07/30/2009

Julie · Married on 12/29/2007

3.5

I was very impressed with the food, and with our wedding planner Katie. It was a gorgeous venue, and all of our guests had an amazing time.

Sent on 08/22/2008

Chelsea · Married on 02/06/2009

The JW marriott is a beautiful place, we enjoyed the wonderful views over the grand river. We also appreciated the service we recieved it was outstanding.

Sent on 03/19/2009

jammie · Married on 06/27/2009

4.2
      2.0

I have a very mixed review of the JW. The hotel provides for an unmatched experience in Grand Rapids, the food is phenomenal, service is top-notch and extremely professional (except the bartender who was a bit less than pleasant ... even to the bride) and we just simply loved having our wedding here. On the other hand, they only have basic cotten white linens and "corporate meeting type" chairs which means that you may have to rent chairs and linens if this doesn't fit with your vision (and these things are expensive to rent!), not only do you need to pay for a power box for the band but they also charge you 22% gratuity (for servers/bartenders yes, but for a power box?!) and unlike many other hotels where they may provide a nice room upgrade for the bride and groom - here we had to pay over $230 to move from their standard room to a suite. Just felt like a lot of nickeling and diming when you're already spending so much money. My two biggest frustrations were issues surrounding the room block and the tip jar that made its way on the bar (after paying 22% gratuity which ended up being more than $1300 this is the LAST thing I expected to see and not only came across as very tacky but I've actually had a couple guest comment about it). That being said, there were a lot of nice little touches: after getting ready in the suite with my bridal party, the JW housekeeping did come in and clean up before me and my groom returned and left a nice assortment of Hor'devours for us to have while we enjoyed some alone time in-between the ceremony and reception.

Sent on 07/30/2009