Justice of the Peace - Mike Backer Reviews

Justice of the Peace - Mike Backer 5
Justice of the Peace - Mike Backer 6
Justice of the Peace - Mike Backer 7

Maureen · Married on 07/09/2016

We were very happy that we chose Mike Backer as our JP for our wedding at the Publick House Historic Inn. Mike offered many options for our wedding ceremony and helped us craft a ceremony that fit our tastes and preferences. He ran a very smooth and thorough rehearsal and the ceremony itself went off without a hitch. We would highly recommend him as a wedding officiant.

Sent on 08/07/2016

Kim · Married on 06/18/2016

Mike provided exactly what we were looking for. He brought a personality, professionalism and sense of humor that perfectly matched what we wanted. He gave us options when we told him what we were looking for and was willing to work with any changes we requested. Looking back on video from some of our friends, I laughed out loud at some things my stressed out bride missed in the moment. Thank you, Mike for being a part of our day!

Sent on 07/01/2016

Brydon · Married on 06/18/2016

Mike was great! He kept everything organized from start to finish. He worked with us every step of the way making sure we were completely satisfied. No detail was overlooked. He was very professional and we both would recommend him to any couple.

Sent on 09/24/2016

Mike was fantastic we could not have found a better JP to marry us. I definitely would recommend him

Sent on 06/12/2016
  • allyballyoop

Allison · Married on 06/04/2016

Mike did such an amazing job at our wedding! His hard work really showed in the months leading up to the big day as well. As first-timers, we didn't know anything about creating a ceremony, but Mike's experience as a JP proved very helpful. He provided guidance with what to include, what to avoid, etc. And his binder full of selections gave us great ideas in terms of wording and order of events. He even helped us understand when to get the marriage license, what to look out for, etc. The guests loved him and we did too!

Sent on 06/27/2016

eRnie · Married on 06/03/2016

THIS VENDOR WAS # 1 WITH THE WAYSIDE INN, AND THEY ARE RIGHT, mIKE WAS GREAT FROM THE FIRST CALL, AND VERY PROFESSIONAL, AND A GREAT PERSONALITY, YOU NEED TO USE MIKE, I GUARANTEE HIS SERVICES, YOU CAN CALL ME AT 508-965-9704...........ErNIE

Sent on 06/24/2016

Justice of the Peace - Mike Backer's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Ernie. You are my 200th testimonial on WeddingWire and I really appreciate you and the other 199 couples who have been so kind and generous with their words and time to write a testimonial on my behalf. Each and every one means so much to me. I will endeavor to earn and honor your words for each and every couple. My best to your beautiful bride, Patricia! Sincerely, Mike

Mike worked with us and our budget. He led our rehearsal and made sure every detail was perfect. I highly recommend him.

Sent on 06/11/2016

Douglas · Married on 05/21/2016

We found Mike from an on-line search and gleaned from the photos that he appeared to be flexible in his presentations and that his credentials pointed to his professionalism. We met with him and found him to be gracious and brought a depth of knowledge and ideas to what we may want included and excluded within the ceremony. We made some changes along the way that he took in stride. On our wedding day he was prompt and well prepared, and his delivery of the ceremony itself was relaxed, sincere, and sprinkled with humor to remind everyone that this was truly a fun and celebratory occasion. I encourage anyone, whether on their first or last marriage, whether looking for a professional who can guide that BIG wedding or who wishes a more intimate wedding among close friends, to strongly consider Mike as their officiant. He will help make your day - well YOUR day.

Sent on 05/25/2016

I ran into Mike at a wedding Expo in Boston and knew he would be a great officiant after a few minutes of conversation. He was very reliable and professional, always responsive and happy to answer even the little questions. My fiancé and I had no idea how to put together a wedding ceremony from scratch (since we have only been to religious ceremonies before) but Mike made it super easy to create a thoughtful and inspiring collection of readings. He will meet with you as often (or as little) as you like, and goes out of his way to make sure all the details are exactly as you would like them for ceremony. I would highly recommend him to anyone in MA looking for someone to officiate your wedding.

Sent on 06/01/2016

Star · Married on 04/23/2016

Mike was incredibly professional and organized. He had a binder that allowed us to pick out exactly the type of wedding we wanted - including a large selection of readings for us to choose from. He was the first one there the day of the rehearsal and early for the wedding ceremony. During the ceremony he was professional but lighthearted. He was great. He helped to make an absolutely wonderful day a perfect day. Thank you very much Mike. I have no intention of being married again so I will not require your services in the future but I will happily and enthusiastically recommend you to anyone I know that's getting married.

Sent on 04/28/2016

We are so pleased with our decision to hire Mike Backer to conduct our wedding ceremony. With Mike we were able to customize all components of our ceremony with ease, as he provided us with a large binder which included so many options for openings, remembrances, vows, readings, prayers, etc. We wrote our own vows but Mike framed them with beautiful words, which he clearly projected to the audience with passion and joy. He also proactively informed our photographer of his decision to step out of the frame of vision for our first kiss, and instructed myself and my husband to hold the kiss for X amount of time to ensure the photo is captured. He had the wedding party laughing at the rehearsal, and interacted with the audience the day of the wedding before the ceremony began which set a lovely tone. Our ceremony was beautiful and Mike was such a big part of it.

Sent on 04/11/2016

Mike provided us with a binder that helped in designing our wedding ceremony. He was prompt and took control of the rehearsal, and the wedding went off without a hitch. His personality shined through, adding humor when appropriate, making for a fun ceremony.

Sent on 05/07/2016

Excellent!!!. Mike was accessible at all times. He made everyone relaxed.

Sent on 03/19/2016

Very friendly service and accommodating.

Sent on 06/20/2016

Mike is wonderful, professional and thoughtful. We had a quiet ceremony at home and it was just perfect.

Sent on 03/27/2016

Mike is professional and was very easy to work with. We had to make a last minute change in date and Mike was very flexible and accommodated the late change.

Sent on 03/28/2016

Mike was professional, thorough and brought a great sense of humor to our event. He tailored our ceremony to meet and exceed our expectations. Our guests said the ceremony was fun and heartfelt and I credit Mike with making it just what we had envisioned. He helps you to create a ceremony to fit your exact needs. He helps you along at every step. I can't praise Mike enough, he was excellent.

Sent on 01/04/2016

Danielle · Married on 12/12/2015

I am so happy we chose Mike Backer has our JP. First of all we planned our wedding in a very short amount of time (7 weeks) and he was very flexible and accommodating to that. The moment we met him we knew we made the right choice. During the rehearsal he was very thorough and made sure we all felt comfortable and answered questions anyone had. One reason we felt he was a great fit was his sense of humor! It definitely came into play to ease our nerves during the ceremony and got our audience laughing. I would recommend him to anyone who is looking for a JP who is very experienced, professional, and has a special gift to ease your nerves! Thank again for working with us Mike!

Sent on 12/15/2015

Marissa · Married on 11/06/2015

My husband and I cannot say enough great things about JP Mike. When we first got together to discuss our ceremony, we knew we had made a great decision. JP Mike is personable, punctual, reliable, and offered great insight in regards to constructing the ceremony we both envisioned. Since our wedding, so many people have approached us saying how great and funny our officiant was. I recommend JP Mike to any and everyone looking for a memorable and entertaining wedding ceremony!

Sent on 11/11/2015

Justice Mike is very exceptional with his knowledge and experience. He made us very much comfortable and made our wedding so beautiful at his residence. We made a right choice by contacting Mike for our wedding as an officiant. Thank you so much Mike.

Sent on 11/08/2015

Jeffrey · Married on 10/24/2015

Before our wedding date the minister that Adriana and I had chosen became ill and could not make it. We went to the Shrewsbury town clerk (where we got our marriage liscence) and received a list of 'JP's.' Because it was such short notice (4 days), the first four people we called said no. When we called Mike Backer, he said yes, and we met with him that night at his home. He was extremely welcoming, professional, and accomodating. He did a very good job officiating our wedding ceremony. We would highly recommend Justice of the Peace Mike Backer for anyone getting married.

Sent on 11/03/2015

Stephanie · Married on 10/17/2015

Michael was an amazing JP, adding so many recommended personal touches to our wedding ceremony from acknowledging my step son in the military, to a rose ceremony for our mothers, finishing with a wine ceremony blending both of our families. This really created a magical and memorable experience for Jim and I, and our family & friends. Michael was organized, professional, quick witted, and timely throughout the entire planning process, right up to and through our wedding ceremony. Family and friends are still commenting on how beautiful our ceremony was and what a great job Michael did as our JP. Receiving the sacrament of marriage is the most important part of any wedding in my opinion, and we hit a home run finding Michael as our vendor. I will recommend Michael to anyone that is looking for a JP in a heartbeat, and will guarantee they will not be disappointed.

Sent on 11/03/2015

Shayna · Married on 10/17/2015

From our first meeting with Mike we knew we wanted to have him officiate our wedding, and we couldn’t have asked for a better experience. Mike was an amazing officiant and made us feel comfortable from the start. He is extremely professional, easygoing, knowledgeable, and accommodating, and he truly cared about helping us personalize our ceremony and make it our own. The binder he gave us to help craft our ceremony was so helpful, and he took the time to walk us through everything. Mike was also a great resource throughout the entire planning process and was always there to answer all my questions on everything from ring bearer pillows to the marriage license to writing our own vows. He also has a great sense of humor and really made everyone feel comfortable both at the rehearsal and on the wedding day! Our ceremony turned out exactly how we wanted and we continue to receive so many compliments on it -- and it is all thanks to him! If you need a JP for your wedding, we highly, highly recommend Mike!!

Sent on 12/09/2015

Daniel · Married on 10/12/2015

Mike Backer was everything we could have wanted in our JP. He is professional, helpful, funny, and kind. From our first meeting he was always available and responsive via email to any questions we had. Several months before your wedding, Mike will provide a binder which includes a variety of original material which will serve as a guide for you to use to piece together the custom ceremony you want. There are at least about a dozen different options for each particular part of the ceremony, and Mike is always willing to help you edit his material or write your own to fit what you are looking for. We produced our ceremony over the course of 5 or 6 emails with Mike during which we made changes and edits and Mike responded quickly and with helpful suggestions each time. One area in which we were particularly thankful for Mike's work was the marriage license. He provided us with information about the necessary actions and deadlines throughout our process which really made us feel like we were on top of everything legally related. The binder Mike provides will also have plenty of info on the marriage license. The day of the wedding, Mike delivered our ceremony with the perfect balance of sincerity and humor. He also conducted the wedding rehearsal very professionally, answering any questions anyone may have had and demonstrating a veteran mastery of the practical matters during a ceremony, such as how quickly the party should enter, how to place your hands when applying the rings, and how and when he would step aside to be out of the way during photographs. We had many of our friends and family tell us that our ceremony was the best they had ever seen, including those of their own children! In short, if the knot allowed me to rate 6 stars I would, if you are getting married do yourself a favor and give JP Backer a call. You will be glad you did!

Sent on 12/07/2015

Mike Backer was an amazing officiant! My husband and I met with him a couple months before the wedding and after our meeting we knew that he would be perfect for us! During the meeting he went over EVERYTHING that needed to be done. That includes everything up to the day of rehearsal, to the rehearsal, the day of the wedding. He left no gaps and every question he answered on the spot! The day of the wedding everyone loved him and thought he was hilarious but also very professional! We would highly recommend him!!!!

Sent on 11/11/2015