Justice of the Peace - Mike Backer Reviews

Justice of the Peace - Mike Backer 5
Justice of the Peace - Mike Backer 6
Justice of the Peace - Mike Backer 7

Dawn · Married on 09/08/2018

Michael Baker was a great Justice of the Peace and we highly recommend him if you are looking for a JOP for your wedding ceremony. You can tell he has much experience and knows what he is doing. He put us at ease and we loved working with him.

Sent on 10/01/2018

Kristen · Married on 06/30/2018

Mike was amazing. He performed a beautiful ceremony for our wedding. He also was extremely helpful with guiding us in what to add into our ceremony. He was very nice to sit down and talk to every time we met with him. I would recommend Mike to everyone I know. He was truly awesome. I don’t think we could have picked a better person to perform our ceremony.

Sent on 07/12/2018

Megan · Married on 06/16/2018

My husband and I are so happy that we chose Mike as our JP! We knew at our initial meeting that he was the right fit for us! He is knowledgeable and funny and he really does listen and retain small details that he builds into the ceremony. He has a binder that is extremely helpful that helps you plan your ceremony and he even walks you through how to obtain your certificate of marriage. He was always extremely responsive by email and super organized. My husband and I answered a questionnaire and he incorporated our responses into the ceremony. It was just so special!

Sent on 07/25/2018

Kimberly · Married on 06/09/2018

Mike was awesome at our wedding, very funny and everyone loved him!

Sent on 09/23/2018

stephanie · Married on 06/08/2018

My husband and I are beyond happy we used Mike as our Justice of the Peace! He always responded quickly to emails and was very accommodating when scheduling meeting times - whether it was our very first meeting together or our rehearsal the night before the wedding. We had no idea where to start when doing a ceremony, but thankfully Mike gave us a binder full of information and ideas and let us create something that was special and unique to us. Mike was always there whenever we had questions and he made sure we knew exactly what was going on and how things worked. My husband and I both felt extremely comfortable talking to Mike and expressing what we would like and Mike made sure things were done exactly how we wanted them and made sure everything flowed smoothly. Mike was wonderful and professional to work with and made the whole experience relaxing and fun! After the ceremony at our wedding, we had so many guests come up and tell us how much they loved our Justice of the Peace and how that was the best ceremony they ever sat through! We are so thankful we found Mike and can't express how much all of his hard-work means to us! Thank you for making our big day even better, you were the absolute best!!

Sent on 07/20/2018

Lindsay · Married on 06/03/2018

Mike Backer was an amazing Officiant! He was available anytime my husband and I needed him, he was extremely professional but also had a great sense of humor at the same time! I would recommend him to anyone in need of a personable, responsible, timely, and fun JP! Pleasure working with you Mike! :)

-Lindsay&Travis

Sent on 12/01/2010

kevin · Married on 05/26/2018

Mike is awesome! Very professional and have a good sense of humor. Highly recommended!

Sent on 06/05/2018
  • Timothy

Timothy Seymour · Married on 05/19/2018

Everything that involved his responsibilities was met with decisive, cooperative, and reliable comfort. He made sure both of us equally had our needs.

At one point conversing for the reception we were even able to include our pets; despite finally deciding to keep them home the fact that it's available felt superbly important to us.
    Thank you kindly and lovingly for our day together being so well professionally presented and cared for.

Sent on 08/09/2019
    Justice of the Peace - Mike Backer 8

Malissa · Married on 05/18/2018

Just what we hoped for

We had been married in a civil ceremony in Punta Cana and needed to make it official. Mike gave us a short and sweet yet still special moment. He did our ceremony on his deck looking over the pond and we were off and running in 10 minutes. Mike was friendly and kind and we’d highly recommend him for a full wedding service or a quick ceremony like ours!

Sent on 06/01/2019

S · Married on 03/24/2018

We loved to work with Mike on our ceremony. While we had some ideas of what our ceremony should like, we needed Mike's advice to piece our vision together. Mike was great to work with and can only recommend his services.

Sent on 04/05/2018

eleni · Married on 02/03/2018

Couldn't have expected a better ceremony. Mike was great, answered all our questions and made sure it was just how we wanted.

Sent on 02/13/2018

Jillian · Married on 12/31/2017

Mike took the time to help us create a ceremony that was special and personal to us as a couple. He was always available to answer any questions we had. Day of the wedding he was helping pin boutonnieres and even made us a keepsake of our vows. We would highly recommend Mike Backer to anyone looking for a Justice of the Peace.

Sent on 01/01/2018

Cady · Married on 12/31/2017

Mike was great to work with, he was very caring and gave us plenty of ideas to go on. He responded to my email within 24hrs, and his pricing was fair. At the wedding he was very enjoyable, and my family really liked him as well!

Sent on 01/02/2018

Laura · Married on 11/11/2017

Working with Mike was simple and easy. He took the time to meet with us and let us design the ceremony that we wanted. He was professional and made a stressful situation a breeze. Everyone complement how funny and heartfelt the ceremony was. We would recommend Mike to everyone we know who is getting married!!!

Sent on 11/16/2017

Sarah · Married on 10/28/2017

Mike was fantastic! I'm so glad we were referred to him. He was very professional and responsive through the whole process... but also very funny! He has a huge variety of options for your ceremony and will personalize it any way you'd like. I feel like he really goes beyond what most officiants will do! Thanks for everything, Mike!!

Sent on 11/10/2017
    Justice of the Peace - Mike Backer 9

Devan · Married on 10/28/2017

Michael was very Nice, accommodating, patient, flexible, and everything else you could want in a justice of peace. He is both professional and funny. Very responsive and timely. His rates are more than reasonable and his service is highly recommended by both me and my wife.

Sent on 11/09/2017

Amanda · Married on 10/21/2017

When my Fiancé (now husband) and I started discussing our wedding we knew we wanted to find a jp with a great sense of humor that would keep the guests engaged throughout the entire ceremony and Mike most certainly delivered. He was #1 on our coordinators vendor list so we gave him a call & set up a meeting. During that meeting we discussed all of the different options for a ceremony, just by talking to him, we could tell that Mike was someone who would keep our guests entertained but also be able to keep the important parts meaningful. Mike is such a genuinely nice person who was easy to talk to & made sure we understood all of the important paper work that came along with saying “I do”. When our big day finally came I was 20 minutes late to the ceremony (slow make up artist) and Mike was able to keep our guests happy & laughing until I arrived. During the ceremony he knew just what to say to help me stop ugly crying from happiness & make me laugh. He also puts in a lot of thought about how the photographer will want to photograph your ceremony. During the rehearsal he showed us how to hold each other’s hands when placing the rings so that the photographer will be able to easily capture it & many other little things that were just wonderful little tips! We had so many people at our reception saying how amazing he was & that he was the best jp they had ever witnessed. We feel so thankful to have had Mike marry us, we couldn’t have asked for a better ceremony.

Brigid · Married on 10/15/2017

Mike did a lovely job on our ceremony. He was very professional, responded in a timely manner, and gave us a variety of options to personalize our ceremony. He made suggestions and had helpful insight from how to lay out seating to knowing our venue from experience to let us know that the water fountain would need to be turned off for everyone’s to hear. Little details like this were greatly appreciated. I would definitely recommend him!

Alysha · Married on 10/14/2017

Mike Backer is amazing! We recently got married at the Publick House in Sturbridge. Mike has a wonderful way of keeping every thing calm cool and collective during the whole wedding process. Great personality and also very professional all in one! I highly highly recommend him.

Kari · Married on 10/08/2017

He is amazing. He put us at ease during the ceremony when we were so nervous. He is so nice and has a perfect calming voice. Would definitely recommend and he will definitely do any how renewals we have in the future. Thanks again! Kari and Sammy

Mary Ellen · Married on 10/08/2017

We got Michael's name from the Publick House vendor list. When we met him, we instantly felt like he was kind, gracious, thoughtful. His binder of ideas was fantastic! It helped us design a ceremony that was so meaningful to us. The day of, he wowed us with a lovely ceremony, weaving in anecdotes we had shared with him. He is a lovely gentleman and we were so fortunate to have him be our officiant. Thank you, Michael!!

Sent on 11/16/2017

Tarym · Married on 10/07/2017

Mike created our perfect ceremony for our wedding! He is very organized and professional and responds to emails right away! Everyone commented how well he did and created a ceremony to remember that was about us! He is funny and kind and helps you get through any nerves you might have on your big day! I would recommend Mike to anyone!

Sheila · Married on 10/07/2017

It was a beautiful day!!!!! Mike did a great job I couldn't have been happier!!!!! Mike joined us at the reception and everyone who met him enjoyed him!!

Sent on 11/08/2017
    Justice of the Peace - Mike Backer 15
    Justice of the Peace - Mike Backer 16
    Justice of the Peace - Mike Backer 17

kara · Married on 09/23/2017

Choosing your JP is a huge part of your wedding and can seem stressful. If you start your search with Mike, I promise your planning will be so much easier and stress free. Mike is so wonderful and we are so blessed to have worked with Mike. From the first contact to every email and phone call in between, mikes beyond helpful and so kind. The book he gives you to help self select your ceremony is so well organized but most of all, makes your ceremony so personal. He's up for traditional or modern or any take of how you'd like the ceremony to go! He even has Dr Seuss :) You can tell he really enjoys marrying his couples. The ceremony wouldn't have been the same without him (including some of his jokes since we have airplanes fly by during a ceremony). If you reach out to Mike, you won't have to search any longer.

Sent on 09/19/2017

Katherine · Married on 09/23/2017

Mike married me and my husband, Scott, at the Publick House on 9/23/17. We were grateful to have a JP with so much knowledge and experience, especially at our particular venue. He made us and our entire bridal party comfortable with the ceremony at the rehearsal, and made sure the ceremony went smoothly on the wedding day. Multiple guests commented on how much they appreciated his sense of humor and professionalism. During the planning process, Mike was very responsive to my e-mails and helpful in making sure the ceremony was coming together in the way we wanted. Thanks for everything, Mike!

Sent on 10/01/2017