Juste Hors D'Oeuvres Reviews

17 | Bethel, CT

17 Reviews for Juste Hors D'Oeuvres

Dan Hilsenrath · Getting married on 01/03/2123

90th Birth Day Party

Wow! Chef Marylyn and Chef Manny far exceeded our expectations. The food they prepared for my dad's 90th birthday party was sensational. Chef Marylyn went above and beyond to help me plan the meal and organize the rental equipment necessary to make the event a special day. Her team was particularly accommodating and sensitive to the social distancing protocols due to covid. I would highly recommend Chef Marylyn's Juste Hors D'oeuvres and Much More for any event, large and small. Thank you Chef Marylyn and Chef Manny for a memorable day!

Sent on 08/02/2020

Juste Hors D'Oeuvres's reply:

Thank you, Dan. Your kind words mean so very much to us all! It was our pleasure to celebrate the most memorable of events!

Marnie Fairchild · Getting married on 08/01/2021

wonderful!

Booked Marylyn and her team at Juste Hors D'Oeuvres for a work retreat dinner. The whole team was tired and traveled for the retreat and Marylyn pampered us! We would definitely work with Juste Hors D'Oeuvres again. We had an array of dietary restrictions to work with and we were all taken care of.

Sent on 01/27/2020
  • Jean-Charles

Jean-Charles DeOliveira Scappaticci · Married on 07/31/2020

They are awesome!

Marylyn and her team recently catered my party for about 100 guests. Everything was impeccable! The food was delicious and I heard many compliments from my guests during the event. Her staff was profissional and very friendly. Prior to the event, Marylyn was of indispensable help, helping me along the way as I had no clue what to do. I highly recommend Juste Hors D'Oeuvres.

Sent on 08/09/2019

Juste Hors D'Oeuvres's reply:

Thank you, Jean for the kind words! We loved working with all of you and helping to make your event a wonderful success!

Linda Davis · Married on 06/10/2020

Wonderful working together

Oh Marylyn. What would I have done without you? You are a wonder! I loved working with you. Enthusiastic energy, a keen sense of humor and fantastic organizational skills, you always gave me plenty of information so I could make the best decisions. And I haven’t yet mentioned the food! I got so many compliments from the first appetizers to the last luscious desserts. Everything was excellent. You delivered exactly what I requested during our first conversation; that I wanted my guests to have a first class experience. You and your wonderful staff delivered that and then some! Thank you so much.

Sent on 10/18/2019
  • Amelia

Amelia Stawarz · Married on 02/09/2020

Above and Beyond

We got married September 14th 2019 and Marilyn and her staff truly went above and beyond to accommodate us on our day. Any questions we had, or unexpected surprises (as there always are), or last minute changes, were handled with grace and ease by Marilyn her entire time leading up to our day. She replied to emails and phone calls promptly and settled my irrational fears. She helped design our menu, and even though she was not there on our day, her staff made sure everything was taken care of. Our outdoor wedding turned into a mud bath with heavy rain and her staff was very professional and helped us even set up for that day, something they did not have to do, but still did without asking and with smiles.
    We received many compliments from our guests about the bartender, Frank, and kind staff. Through the whole night the only thing that was forgotten were small water bottles for the tables, but once realized, it was handled with absolutely no problem.
    I would definitely recommend the comfort of nerves and delicious food that Marilyn and her entire staff at Juste Hors D'oeuvres provided for us and our guests. If we have another even we will definitely contact them!

Sent on 10/11/2019

Juste Hors D'Oeuvres's reply:

Thank you, Amelia, that was lovely!!! My team so enjoyed the opportunity to work with you, Dan and your guests. Rain or shine, it was an amazing wedding! Much love and happiness.

Margaret · Married on 05/10/2019

Superb service from planning to execution! Love Juste Hors D'Oeuv!

Love, love, love Juste Hors D'Oeuvres. We have used them before and Marylyn never disappoints. Marylyn just catered our backyard wedding. She more than catered it. She helped me plan it! I can't thank her enough. She gave me guidance all the way. Everything was perfect. The food was delicious. Our guest were raving about it. Her staff is friendly and professional. I wouldn't use anyone but Juste Hors D'Oeuv

Sent on 10/13/2019

Lisa Gayle · Married on 04/12/2019

Would recommend hands down!

Marylyn and her team were phenomenal to work with. We hosted a Client Appreciation Holiday Party & Open House at one of our newest offices and served 100+ guests. Marylyn's fine attention to detail, professionalism, kindness, understanding and years of experience truly helped make this event one for the books! We used a rental company for a tent and all equipment necessary and all I had to do was tell Marylyn what our vision was and she coordinated everything with them! It was such a treat working with her team who were just as warm, friendly and professional. The food was incredible and we are still receiving compliments from our clients on how delicious everything was! Thank you Marylyn and team for truly making our event an unforgettable experience!

Sent on 12/09/2019

Juste Hors D'Oeuvres's reply:

Thank you, Lisa, for your kind and loving words. We were honored to work with you and your team/clients and look forward to doing so again!

Christina S. · Married on 12/29/2018

Exceptional food and service!

I am so grateful to Marylyn and her entire team: chefs and staff. The food for our wedding was outstanding and the kind service and attention to detail is so appreciated and helped make for a wonderful event! Everyone enjoyed the delicious food. I also really appreciated Marylyn's help in planning the details of the event!

• Howard

Howard Rose · Married on 12/17/2018

Juste Hors d"Oeuvres created a perfect night

"I had contacted Juste Hors d'Oeuvres through Thumbtack and after interviewing numerous other caterers by email and phone, I chose Juste Hors d'Oeuvres because Marylyn, the owner, actually listened to my plan of a surprise wedding vow renewal ceremony for 40 people. She sent me a long list of choices for appetizers, salad, entree,and desserts allowed me to tailor the event to my needs and interests. Everyone, including my very fussy brother-in-law, raved over the food quality and taste there were also many very positive comments regarding the wait and serving staff. The facility was left clean and tidy. I will gladly use Juste Hors d'Oeuvres for our next event."

Sent on 06/25/2019

Juste Hors D'Oeuvres's reply:

Thank you sooooo very much!!! It was such a pleasure. Your guests and family made our day fun besides productive. It would be a pleasure to work with you again! Wish you both a wonderful summer. XXOO
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 09/22/2018

The Best Team Ever!!

How do I even put into words how wonderful Marylyn and her entire team were. From the minute I began talking to Marylyn she was more than supportive of our vision as well as our budget and worked relentlessly in helping us achieve everything we could have possibly wanted. We worked together for over a year putting together the most incredible menu that my guests can't stop raving about. The passed hors d'oeuvres were UNBELIEVABLE I can't even put into words, the lamb meatballs...I scoffed down 5 in a row! Marylyn ensured both myself and my husband were well fed throughout the entire night by bringing us plates and checking in periodically throughout the night. The entire team were so organized, polite and efficient - we really hit the jackpot with each and every one of them! We do not have one complaint about the service, or the food - we were simply blown away by it all. I could not recommend Juste Hors Doeuvres anymore!!

Sent on 06/28/2019
  • Oded

Oded Hadar · Married on 09/15/2018

Highly Recommend!

There are not enough words to describe how happy we are that we chose JHD as our catering company! Marylyn were in touch with us from the early planning stages and helped us choose the right dishes that will fit the most what we have visioned. She also took care of booking other vendors for us, while providing helpful feedback with great patience and dedication throughout the entire planning process. On the day of the wedding, the food was AMAZING!!! Every single guest commented on how delicious the food is and we were thrilled and proud that we chose such a committed and professional team:) Thank you Marylyn and the rest of the team for such a wonderful experience!

• F

Faith · Married on 09/09/2017

Dream team!

Marylyn bent over backwards to accommodate us. We had a lot of special requests (vegan options, vegetarian options, nothing cooked with alcohol, all whole wheat flower, etc.) She adjusted recipes and nailed everything. 2/3 of the way through the planning process, we threw her a curve ball and increased the head count by 80%. She handled it without skipping a beat. The food was phenomenal. I got so many compliments on the menu. Her staff was incredible. They were friendly and on point. The night was perfect and in the months, weeks, and days leading up to it, Marylyn was responsive and amazing to work with.

kelsey · Married on 09/09/2017

Amazing Food!

Marylyn and her team catered our wedding on Long Island, September 9th. Marylyn was great to work with, she was to the point and clear in all that was needed to make this day a successful event. She always replied back right away and called for clarity. Neal and the staff were amazing, very friendly and professional to work with. The food was great, the mushrooms were a hit! Would definitely recommend to those looking and for us as well in the future. Thank you so much for a great time!!!

Sent on 06/26/2019

Bryan · Married on 09/03/2017

Perfectly tailored

Marylyn is truly remarkable. Her enthusiasm and willingness to work with us to make sure our wedding was everything we wanted was over-the-top. Marylyn and her staff are seriously able to handle any situation. Marylyn is super responsive with all correspondence. She truly cares for her clients and as soon as we first met, instant chemistry! My wife could not have been more pleased with all of Marylyn's great ideas/suggestions. Additionally, all of our guests were super pleased with all the food and staff! Anyone looking to work with Juste Hors D'Oeuvres will be in great hands, guaranteed.

Sent on 06/28/2019

Tracy · Married on 08/13/2016

Wonderful Experience!!!!

We would give Juste Hors D'Oeuvres 10+ stars if we could for the fantastic partnership and catering they provided on both our joyous day and the planning leading up to our wedding event. Right from the beginning of our contact with Marylyn, when we were still deciding on our caterer, she was friendly, very responsive and had some great suggestions. She took the time to really listen and understand what we were envisioning for our wedding, a theme that was fairly involved and complex, what budget we had allocated for the catering and what our expectation was for the menu. Her suggestions were insightful and respectful of all those factors and she was able to work within our budget; in fact she was able to provide some excellent ideas that enhanced our theme while saving us thousands in cost and not lowering the quality of our admittedly high-end reception. Our special day would not have gone as smoothly as it did if we had not partnered with a caterer as exceptional as Marylyn and her team. We highly recommend Marylyn and Juste Hors D'Oeuvres and will most definitely use them again in the future!

P.S. Our wedding was everything we imagined it to be and more, and the feedback from our guests was outstanding!

Sent on 07/17/2019

Stephanie · Married on 08/12/2018

Wedding Day Tasties

From the minute we spoke to Marylyn when searching for a caterer for our wedding we felt comforted and listened too. She was willing to work around our small budget and still provide us with a delicious meal that many of our guests raved about. The baker they work with was equally as delicious and there were no canollis that went uneaten.

She was responsive and worked with some limitations with our event s kitchen space as well.

The staff was amazing really amazing and took care of communicating with friends and family to make special plates for us and for others who needed to take home plates (because they were such generous portions)! They were all very kind and helped tremendously with the clean up of the event space.

We are grateful to have had the opportunity to have worked with Juste Hors D'Oeuvres and to have had a most beautiful and magical wedding day.

Sent on 09/05/2019

Phil Hiatrides · Married on 02/03/2020

High quality catered Irish Dinner!

Marylyn and her team provided the perfect Irish dinner for my party of 35! Great custom menu and high quality food, would highly recommend!

Sent on 03/19/2020