Just Wing it Artistry Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner

• Erin
    Erin W. Married on 07/16/2021

Amazing experience!

I found Megan through The Knot, as her reviews looked promising. I was traveling from Ohio to NC so was totally reliant on trusting reviews (and my gut!). From our first email interaction, Megan was wonderful to work with: responsive, enthusiastic, and detail-oriented. I had an unconventional group, as there was no wedding party but sisters and my mother wanted their hair and/or makeup done, in which all were extremely happy with their results!
    My hair and makeup turned out even better than I’d hoped for: an elevated-natural look with a gorgeous updo that completely captured what I described to Megan.
    I would highly recommend Megan to anyone in the area needing hair and/or makeup services. Thank you so much for contributing to my unforgettable day!!!
    Haley W. Married on 12/19/2020

Excellent!

Let me just start on and say just how pleased I am with my hair and makeup! Megan came to my house and did my make up for my gender reveal and I have never felt so beautiful in my life! She was extremely professional and so sweet I would definitely recommend her over and over again! Can’t wait to hire her again for my next event !
    Alison Married on 11/14/2020

What’s better than perfect? Megan

I cannot put into words how perfect my hair came out. I was so worried, previously my hair wouldn’t hold any style for longer than an hour or so, I told her upfront that and she was able to incorporate that challenge into her styling plan. The two other girls in the wedding party also loved their hair. She’s extremely talented!
    Sara F. Married on 11/07/2020

Megan is the best!

Megan did a wonderful job with my hair and makeup for my wedding. She was easy to communicate with and super flexible especially since my relatives/bridesmaids were constantly asking to be added or removed to the hair/makeup chair. She is awesome and I enthusiastically recommend her.
  • Olivia
    Olivia M. Married on 11/04/2020

Amazing experience

Megan is amazing, both as a makeup artist and as a person. I booked her for my engagement photoshoot, and I had a great experience with her. She is great with communication and her price is very reasonable. I enjoyed the little conversations/ chit-chats that we had as she did my hair and makeup.

First of all, I am rather picky with my eye makeup, especially because of my Asian eye. If the makeup is not done correctly, it will make my eyes disappear and look smaller than they actually are. We set up a virtual session via Facetime to discuss the vision for my look, and Megan understood what I was aiming for. When the time comes for execution, everything went smoothly.

Secondly, I was/we were on a road trip fom Houston and decided to take our engagement photos at Biltmore Estate. Since we did not book a hotel in Asheville for either the night before or the night of, Megan was generous enough to let us use her bathroom to get dressed.

Overall I could not have asked for a better experience, and I highly recommend her if you are looking for a hair/MUA in Asheville!
    Ellen C. Married on 10/10/2020

Seamless Experience Start to Finish

I came to the Asheville area for a small, family-only COVID wedding and was concerned about booking vendors I found online. Megan turned out to be a great choice! She helped answer all of my questions online, was clear and thoughtful in her communication. On the day of the wedding she arrived right on time and had a lot of COVID protections in place, which made us and her feel comfortable and safe, which was great. She gave me a ton of options for makeup colors, looks, etc and made sure I was happy with everything. She did a mixture of hair and makeup for my family and everyone looked great and enjoyed chatting with Megan during our sessions.
  • Jenna
    Jenna E. Married on 09/06/2020

Wonderful to work with

Megan was so lovely! She was bubbly and funny. It made me much less anxious before my ceremony. She did my hair, two bridesmaids, and a wiggly flower girl. They all turned out beautiful. She was especially patient and kind when I forgot to update her on the new date. I would highly recommend.
  • Sydney
    Sydney S. Married on 07/27/2020

Great Collaborative Service

We drove down to Asheville from out of state, so our hair trial run was the day before our wedding. I was a little bit nervous about how my hair would look, but with Megan there was nothing to be concerned about! We both have naturally curly hair and Megan did a great job working with our natural texture to create beautiful looks.

What I loved most was that she talked through what our hair/makeup would look like as she did it. Since neither of us wear makeup, we were not really sure what we wanted. Megan stopped and asked if we liked what she was doing and gave us options of what we could tweak if we wanted to go in a different direction. The whole experience felt collaborative, rather than her just doing what she things best. She also created an environment wear we could ask to change things and general questions about what she was doing.

I have super sensitive skin, which is why I never wear makeup, and none of the products she used caused any irritation or breakouts the next day. Finally, Megan was a joy to be around, she was professional, kind, and incredible at her job!
    Dhrew Married on 05/02/2020

Wedding hair!

Megan did my hair for my wedding and it turned out even better than I pictured it! She was really flexible and understanding with me having to change my date a few times due to covid. She was so nice to talk to while I was getting ready and very professional! She came to my airbnb and arrived on time. She was also much more affordable than alot of others I looked into. I would definitely recommend Megan for wedding hair!!! Thank you!
  • Teegan
    Teegan K. Married on 11/02/2019

The Best Fit!

Megan was professional and easy to communicate with! I sent her my vision ahead of time and we worked out what would happen day of. She made my dreams come true even without a hair trial! She did hair for two of my bridesmaids and me. She arrived on site and was calm and ready to go! We were done with plenty of time to spare before pictures and the ceremony. She was also really fun to chat with and super easy going. She is exactly what I needed!
    Karen Married on 09/28/2019

Amazing experience

We had Megan and Jessica do hair and makeup for bride, 3 bridesmaids, 2 moms, and 2 sisters and they not only did incredible work, but we were finished EARLY :)
    They were both incredibly flexible based on each person's individual needs and desires for each service, arrived early and we even finished 2 hours ahead of schedule! With how hectic the rest of our day ended up being, this was quite the blessing to have everyone's hair and makeup already done.
    My makeup and hair also lasted the ENTIRE DAY (and it rained during most of our pictures so that is quite the feat) - even a night filled with dancing didnt even budge my hair.
    Would hire them again in a heart beat!
    Sarah C. Married on 09/07/2019

Awesome!! Highly recommend!

Megan did a fantastic job for my wedding! I don’t usually wear a lot of makeup so she did what I was comfortable with and I really appreciated that. She made me feel beautiful on my special day!
    Casey Married on 06/02/2019

Not your typical bride

I was a very picky bride who wanted something very glamorous and nontraditional for our wedding day. I definitely wanted a more dramatic look and most brides instead of the more natural look and Meghan completely delivered. I absolutely love the look that we decided on and cannot wait to get my photos back! Megan did an amazing job and I had a lot of fun working with her!
    Jessa Married on 10/27/2018

Excellent!

Megan was prompt! She was there exactly when she said she would be. She was a joy to work with! Her work is beautiful.
    Britt Married on 08/17/2018
    Megan is wonderful! I do not wear a lot of makeup and did not want to look “made up” on my wedding day. Megan completely delivered (and exceeded) all my expectations, as well as the bridal party’s. I highly recommend Just Wing It Artistry!!!
    Kelly Married on 10/21/2017
    My experience with Megan was wonderful! She is professional , on time, and truly does an amazing job!
  • Leah
    Leah Married on 05/20/2017

How to summarize ... Megan is AMAZING!

Megan with Just Wing it Artistry saved the day! Actually, saved my two sister-in-law's Quinceanera. From the initial contact with Megan to the day of, communication was quick and concise. She was punctual with phone calls, texts, and arrival for the big day. Megan did a beautiful job with their hair and make-up! The ease of having this appointment in our home was AMAZING! I was asked several times throughout the event who did their hair and make-up. Please don't hesitate - book with Megan! She is sweet, kind, professional, and so easy to talk to. Thank you, Megan!
    M Married on 06/01/2012
    Megan knows how to execute a high quality look for any occasion. She is professional and has a flexible schedule that is easy to work around. Megan the in the make-up artist you want for your wedding!
    Erin Married on 07/29/2021

Flawless hair and makeup

I would highly recommend Megan and her amazing talent. She was so attentive and thoughtful during our trial session and on my big day. She was so easy to work with and made sure everything was perfect for me and my wedding party. I loved my hair and makeup on my wedding! It was the hottest day of the year and everything stayed in place perfectly. Thank you Megan!