Julie Potter Master Stylist Reviews

Julie Potter Master Stylist 5
  • Maggie

Maggie · Married on 11/08/2019

Above and beyond....

Julie went above and beyond to make my wedding perfect. My bridesmaids all looked incredible and were so happy with their hair, not one single girl left unhappy with how they looked. On top of that, my hair was stunning and Julie made me feel amazing when I was nervous about my appearance all coming together. Hair and makeup ended at 11am, but Julie stayed with me and even drove to the church behind me for my 1pm ceremony so that she could put my long veil into my updo since I was worried to mess it up. She went above and beyond, had the most beautiful and bright personality and calming demeanor. I would use her for ANY event! She also did my hair for my rehearsal dinner which looked flawless. Thank you Julie!

Julie Potter Master Stylist 6
    Julie Potter Master Stylist 7
    Julie Potter Master Stylist 8
    Julie Potter Master Stylist 9
    Sent on 11/20/2019

Samantha · Married on 10/13/2019

The best hair stylist!

Julie was absolutely fantastic -- she came to my home, was on time and flexible. Always responded to my questions before the wedding day. She has so much talent -- all of the girls LOVED their hair (some had long hair, some short, some curly). My wedding hair was beautiful and somehow stayed curled the whole night! Thank you Julie! You are the best. xo Sam Koolen

Julie Potter Master Stylist 10
    Julie Potter Master Stylist 11
    Sent on 10/18/2019
  • Danielle

Danielle Gadbois · Married on 12/08/2018

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julie Potter is SO talented! All 6 of my bridesmaids and I were thrilled with how our wedding hair turned out. Julie is professional, punctual, and can recreate almost any hair inspiration picture - but somehow make it even better! She set the mood perfectly for a relaxed and laid back morning, which is exactly what I needed! One of my bridesmaids said that Julie CHANGED her hair life, and another said she could delete all of her inspiration photos because after Julie did her hair, she was her own inspiration!

Sent on 01/14/2019
  • Mara

Mara · Married on 09/22/2018

Wedding Hair + Makeup

Julie and her team did hair and make up for my bridesmaids and I for my wedding day. Everyone looked beautiful! Julie also has a very relaxed vibe, which was just what we all needed to stay calm the morning before the wedding! I would recommend her again to any of my friends or family!

Sent on 01/11/2019

Grace · Married on 06/23/2018

Julie has been doing my hair since I was a little girl, and it meant so much to me to have her be my stylist for my wedding this past weekend. She is so talented and always makes her clients look amazing! She brought a team of three girls with her to do hair and make up for 9 people at my house, and all of the stylists she brought were wonderful and efficient - everyone looked amazing when Julie and her team were done! She is so knowledgable, patient, and kind, and I could not recommend her more highly!

Julie Potter Master Stylist 12
    Sent on 06/25/2018

s · Married on 05/18/2018

When my makeup person told me two weeks before my daughters wedding that she had overbooked and wouldn't be able to do the wedding party's makeup I panicked! Looking thru wedding wire listings I fell upon Julie's Porter and emailed her. She not only emailed me back but called me within the hour! Julie and her friend Kyle came on the wedding day and did a WONDERFUL job! She saved the day in my eyes. Everyone looked and felt beautiful ! Hire her if you get the chance . You will love the results! Kathy

Sent on 05/27/2018

Rachel · Married on 10/22/2017

Julie did my hair and makeup for my wedding, as well as for MOB, MOG, grandmother and a few bridesmaids. We had a phenomenal experience and couldn't recommend Julie enough!

From the moment I first spoke with Julie on the phone, I got the best vibe from her. She is very easy going, and her pricing is straight forward (no extra add-ons to come to our hotel, for it being a Sunday wedding, etc like some stylists I spoke with).

I did a hair and makeup trial about 6 months before my wedding. I had some ideas on pinterest, and she did a wonderful job pulling them all together. I was extremely happy with how the trial went. We took photos to reference on the wedding day. Once that came, I had a few adjustments I wanted to make. She made those adjustments PERFECTLY and exactly like I described. Also I am a huge dancer and my hair stayed in place ALL night, so I'm extremely impressed with Julie's skills!

Above all, she was the first person we saw and worked with on the wedding day, and her personality and phenomenal attitude really set the tone for a great day. I highly recommend Julie!

Julie Potter Master Stylist 13
    Julie Potter Master Stylist 14
    Julie Potter Master Stylist 15
    Julie Potter Master Stylist 16
    Sent on 01/25/2018
  • Desiree

Desiree · Married on 10/07/2017

Julie did an excellent job on my hair and makeup for my wedding day. My bridesmaids and I loved their hair by Julie and their makeup by Kate. I cried several times during the ceremony while reading my vows and my makeup didn't smudge at all! I don't know how Julie did my makeup but it was AMAZING! We all danced all night and our hair did not fall out or loosen. Julie was very easy to work with and always very responsive. I can not thank her enough for the amazing job she did for my wedding and would definitely recommend her for any other bride looking for hair and makeup!

Julie Potter Master Stylist 17
    Julie Potter Master Stylist 18
    Sent on 10/22/2017

Leah · Married on 08/19/2017

Julie Potter and her team were a huge success for my wedding! They not only were punctual and did a FABULOUS job on everyone's hair and makeup, but they remembered all the little details to make the day low-stress and seamless (lighting, to-go lipstick/hairspray, kid makeup, etc). They were incredibly professional and kind. Even though Julie and squad finished the bridal party and moms ahead of schedule, they stayed for any touch ups until the moment I left for the ceremony! Julie is a pro.

Sent on 08/13/2017

Autum · Married on 07/03/2017

Julie was absolutely amazing! She is the best in her field. She was prompt and professional as well as sweet and kind. She completely adhered to every detail! I HIGHLY recommend her for any special ocassion you might have.

Sent on 07/14/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 06/09/2017

Julie was amazing and helpful and she did a beautiful job on my hair as well as my cousins hair :)

Sent on 07/27/2017
  • O

Olivia · Married on 10/09/2016

Julie was absolutely lovely to work with for my wedding. Our wedding was in Troy, NY but I live in NYC so I did not have time to go around and try out different stylists. Julie came recommended by our photographer (Katherine Wright, YTK, also amazing). She was very flexible with scheduling the trial and even came out to the hotel we were staying at for the wedding planning weekend. I loved my hair trial and her style, it fit perfectly with what I wanted.
    The day of the wedding, Julie and her assistant did 7 bridesmaids, 2 moms, a flower girl and my hair all done right on time and looked great. She will work with you to figure out the best fit for your day and is very reasonable with her pricing, I can not recommend her enough. Also, my hair lasted the entire night and never looked bad. Thank you Julie!

Sent on 10/23/2016

Kate · Married on 07/16/2016

Julie is an incredibly talented stylist. She is super talented, easy to work with and fun. I was very nervous about finding and coordinating hair and makeup for my wedding from across the country. Hair & makeup are very important to me as well. I knew I would be in good hands with Julie from the beginning. While I haven't had the wedding yet I just finished my hair trial and am nothing short of impressed. She even helped fit me in for a color prior to my trial and it came out perfectly. I would highly recommend her for your wedding. Not only is she incredibly talented she is also very quick. I have a lot of hair and sometimes it takes stylists a very long time to blow dry/do, etc. My hair came out amazing, I've been to many stylists and having used to work in a salon can honestly say Julie is one of the best stylists I've ever encountered. If she's available for your wedding, book her!

Sent on 06/04/2016

Brittany · Married on 06/04/2016

Julie is absolutely amazing at what she does; she truly is a master of her craft! I could not have been happier with the way my hair turned out on my wedding day. I showed her a picture of what I wanted it to look like and she made it look even better! I felt so elegant and beautiful and got so many compliments on my hair that day. She really took her time and was extremely personable and attentive to all of my girls and myself. Everyone looked so beautiful! Julie was such a pleasure to work with and was very calming on such a hectic day. She is extremely nice and personable; I highly recommend Julie for your wedding day, or any event that you may need your hair done.

Sent on 06/29/2016

I cannot say enough about Julie and how wonderful she is. Her expertise streches from traditional to wildly creative and is impressive to say the least. Whether it be a cut and color or a fancy updo for a special event you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 02/22/2016

Julie has been my hairdresser since I was 12 years old. No matter where I lived (4 different states) Julie was always the best hairdresser and I would travel back for her talents. When it came time to hire a stylist for my big day, there was no doubt. She took on 10 women from bridal party to family with the help of one assistant and did a phenomenal job! All of our hair stayed in throughout the night after LOTS and I do mean LOTS of dancing! The compliments were flowing and all my girls looked beautiful. If you are in need of a hairdresser for your big day, look no further than Julie Potter :)!

Sent on 11/14/2015
  • AJKNin

Anais · Married on 09/12/2015

Julie is freaking amazing. I hired her basically blind, based on the recommendation of my makeup artist, Erin Ford, who Julie frequently works with. I am SO GLAD I did. Julie is incredible. We had some initial communication issues (almost certainly my fault - I was having problems with my email address at the time) but once we connected she was wonderful to talk with. I felt like she listened to all the info I gave her, and then went above and beyond anything I knew to ask for. She worked on me (bride), two bridesmaids, the mother of the groom, the mother of the bride, and the flower girl who she managed to fit in last-minute. To say that everyone looked incredible doesn't even begin to do justice to the result. Also, she was so much fun to have in the bridal suite - we all felt comfortable and relaxed around her. Seriously, do yourself a favor and hire Julie.

Sent on 09/18/2015

linda · Married on 05/30/2015

Julie is the greatest. She had to take care of 3 adults and 2 flower girls. I just showed her a side picture of what I wanted and they all came out perfect. My nerves started to get the best of me and she calmed me down. She also carried my train as we walked to the church. She went above and beyond what I had asked for. I highly recommend her for any event.

Sent on 06/08/2015

Lorena · Married on 09/09/2017

Julie was absolutely amazing. Setting up the appointment for the day of the wedding was extremely easy -- just a quick call. On the day of the wedding, she showed up early, got right to work, and did not stop until we were all happy and ready (even though we added an extra person on the spot). We all loved working with her; she was really easy to talk to and really listened to what we wanted. The best thing for me, as an androgynous, queer women was that, although my family went for the more traditional makeup and hair service, Julie completely understood and was extremely helpful in creating a very natural look for me. I completely recommend Julie to anyone who needs a great makeup artist or hair stylist.

Sent on 09/17/2017

Mariana · Married on 10/29/2017

Julie is incredible! Everyone that got their hair done by her (including myself) LOVED it! Our hairstyles stayed in place for over 12 hours, even in the rain. She also agreed to do a blow out the day before for the rehearsal and to prep my hair for my wedding day. Her pricing is very reasonable and I couldn't recommend her enough! She's much easier to contact via phone call... She does reply to emails too, but it takes a few days.

Julie Potter Master Stylist 19
    Julie Potter Master Stylist 20
    Julie Potter Master Stylist 21
    Sent on 03/03/2018
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 10/08/2016

I am so happy Julie was available to do hair the day of my wedding. I can confidently say I had the best of the best styling my hair and my bridal party as well. We all looked like we stepped out of a wedding magazine. Everyone commented on how well our hair stayed after enduring a church ceremony, pictures outdoors all afternoon and then dancing the night away at the reception. Aside from her superior skills I am sure this is due to the high quality tools and products she used. Besides being skilled at what she does she is one of the nicest most down-to-earth stylists I've ever interacted with, and very punctual too. Truthfully you may pay more money, but Julie is worth every penny, especially if having perfect hair on your wedding day is a must and/or you want it to look exactly like the picture you found on Pinterest. Can't thank her enough for the peace of mind and beautiful hair she provided.

Sent on 10/16/2016