Julie Page Makeup Artistry Reviews

39 | Matthews, NC

39 Reviews for Julie Page Makeup Artistry

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Melissa · Married on 10/28/2017

Julie was amazing! I was wanting someone to help us all get ready but totally overwhelmed by options and lucky enough to have found Julie. She is a total professional, very talented and all around lovely person to be around! I typically don't wear lots of makeup and thought I knew what I wanted for our trial, and while she did it perfectly, it was not for me! She was so nice to me about it, completely understood, and helped me figure out what I DID want! The final look was perfect and I loved it! She did the same stellar job for all the family on my big day. She catered to everyone's special requests and completely made us feel pampered. We are so thankful to her for making everyone look their best and feel amazing. If you are considering someone for hair and makeup - book her now :)

Grace · Married on 09/30/2017

Julie is so kind and easy to work with.

I was in a crunch to find a makeup artist for my wedding day, Julie fit me in for a last minute trial and was very understanding.

She created three beautiful looks for my mom, sister and I for my wedding day. All three looks were tailored to the individual and Julie made sure we were all comfortable and felt like ourselves.

Such an easy and smooth process from start to finish!

Mollie · Married on 09/23/2017

Julie did such a wonderful job. So many reasons why...we asked for a "natural" look and she delivered; she worked nonstop for 5 ½ hours; she is friendly, down to earth and honest. I left a valuable earring behind and she carefully put it away letting me know where she hid it. We chose to have the airbrushed makeup. The temp was 85 - 90 degrees and we looked FLAWLESS all day!!! I seriously never wanted to wash my face! I was a bit skeptical after my application and she suggested to live with it for a bit. She was so right...I looked great in photos and had more complements than I can say! I didn't even talk about the hair!!!! I have a very short curly bob. She put my hair up in a design that was beautiful. I never dreamed it could look like that. We did a trial with the bride and on wedding day she replicated that hairstyle PERFECTLY. If you're on the fence.....choose JulePage Makeup Artistry.

Courtney · Married on 08/19/2017

I am so happy that I had Julie as my hair and makeup artist for my wedding. From the trial hair and makeup sessions I knew I was in good hands. I'm not a makeup person so I let her take control on the makeup and I showed her some pictures of what I wanted my hair to look like and she didn't disappoint. She also did hair and makeup for my bridesmaids and flower girl and they all looked so great. Thank you Julie for being so accommodating and helping make my wedding day unforgettable.

Melissa · Married on 06/10/2017

Julie was great and captured the exact look and style I was imagining for my wedding day. Julie exceeded my expectations when she perfectly camouflaged a section of my hair that was only about 2" long due to a recent brain surgery. No one could tell it was ever missing!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Julie Page Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you Melissa! I'm so glad you had a wonderful wedding day, you deserve it! It was such a pleasure to work with you!

Joan · Married on 05/27/2017

Julie is an absolute delight and she and her assistant get rave reviews from our wedding party. Everyone who had either hair or makeup or both said that the money spent was well worth it! She went above and beyond to make sure we were all happy. My air brushed makeup lasted all night in the humidity as well as my hair. Thanks, Julie!

Sent on 06/09/2017

Julie Page Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thanks Joan, it was such a pleasure to work with you all! Congrats again!

Melinda · Married on 05/27/2017

We are so fortunate we found Julie Page and you will be too! Not only does she have an exceptional eye for makeup, lighting, and hair, but she is so kind, attentive, organized and really listens to what is important to each lady. As the bride, it was important that my vision was understood, but it was just as important to know that my mom, my bridesmaids, and flower girl also felt beautiful and that their needs were met. After our first meeting when Julie blew me away with her trial, I had no doubts that Julie would take care of me and my girls and everyone is still talking about how gorgeous they felt! Not to mention, Julie's hair and makeup lasted all day in the Carolina heat! Thanks Julie!

Sent on 06/10/2017

Julie Page Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thanks Melinda! It was such a pleasure working with you and all the ladies! Congratulations!!!

Joy · Married on 04/22/2017

Julie did my hair and makeup for my Bridal portraits and my wedding and her work brought my dreams to reality! She was responsive, helpful, and professional and very flexible and a pure delight to work with. I felt like the most beautiful, and glowing bride and my look lasted through the entire night of dinner and dancing and occasional tears. I highly recommend Julie for any event you need makeup and hair services for.

Sent on 03/05/2017

Julie Page Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thanks Joy, it was so wonderful being a part of your big day! You were a gorgeous bride, I can't wait to see photos. Congratulations!!!

Liz · Married on 04/22/2017

Julie is AMAZING. For my April 2017 wedding, everyone looked beautiful, natural, and had a fun, relaxed time getting ready with Julie and her team. I would recommend Julie to anyone in need of hair and makeup! She is a true professional.

Sent on 07/07/2017

Julie Page Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thanks, Liz! It was an absolute pleasure working with you and your gals on your wedding day! What a vibrant, fun and thoughtful group you are surrounded by! Thank you for inviting me to be a part of it!

She is extremely professional, gives good advice and tips, and easy going but wants to make you look perfect!

Amy · Married on 05/23/2015

Julie was great!!! I had a trial somewhere else that left me unhappy so I searched all over the web for another artist, and I LOVED Julie's outlook and style. I left her trial trusting my make-up would look great on wedding day! She was so professional, sweet, and easygoing- exactly what you want in someone spending the first half of your wedding day with you and your closest friends/family! When making a schedule for the day, she was very responsive to all my requests and accommodating when I totally forgot to include some party members and others cancel! Everyone who got their hair and make-up done LOVED it and got tons of compliments. She gave me the exact look I wanted which was natural and glowing!! You won't go wrong with her!! :)

Katherine · Married on 05/02/2015

I am so glad I got to work with Julie for my wedding day makeup. She's lovely to work with - friendly, personable and really wants to make you look your best! During my makeup trial, she made me look amazing for my bridal shower later that day, while also giving me space to make changes between the trial and the day of. On the wedding day, she did makeup for me, my mom and mother-in-law at the hotel where we were getting ready, and was so pleasant and efficient. We all looked and felt amazing and our makeup stayed put all day, even with an outdoor dinner and a serious dance party. Charlotte brides, get excited - Julie is coming your way this summer! I'd highly recommend her.

Megan · Married on 10/18/2014

Julie is wonderful! She did my make-up on-site for my wedding day in DC. She was more than flexible in accommodating not only a non-traditional bridal party, but also working in the tight confines and timeline of the hair salon. As a bride who doesn't wear or know much about make-up, Julie hit my look spot on. I felt like a wonderful version of myself. Julie armed me with a touch-up kit for the rest of the day, but as a testament to her skill, I only needed to reapply lip gloss. She was a pleasure to work with and share my wedding day!

Tara · Married on 10/04/2014

I feel blessed to have had Julie do my makeup for my October 4th wedding! Julie made me feel comfortable and relaxed, at a time that I should have been freaking out. I felt beautiful on my wedding day...and I thank Julie for that feeling.

Working with Julie was incredible. She is one of the nicest people I have met and it was such a pleasure to have her do the makeup for the bridesmaids, mothers, and myself. Two of my bridesmaids who had not signed up to do makeup changed their minds once they saw how beautiful the other bridesmaids looked. Julie was able to squeeze them in and finish everyone on time. She even powdered the groom's face! I would recommend Julie to everyone. She was our best vendor!

senta · Married on 11/20/2013

Julie is a very talented individual…very "warm" personality, professional, and dependable! A great person to work with!!

Hunter · Married on 11/16/2013

I had a great experience with Julie. She came to my home to do my test run and was very responsive to my requests. After she left I decided I wanted to alter the plan slightly, she took this in stride and day of gave me exactly what I wanted. I also had some areas that I wanted make-up assistance in downplaying and she did a great job with that as well. IN the photos that make-up looks terrific and it lasted all night. So happy with the results

Jodi · Married on 11/02/2013

Julie is a talented, beautiful and patient genius! Julie made me the natural and stunning bride I dreamed to be. I met Julie for a trial run before the big day and she listened to my million requests, took into account my personality, style, dress, face, etc. and went for it! Julie made adjustments to my eyes to get the perfect look I was hoping for. I was so happy with the trial outcome and requested just a little less for the big day. I had no concern that she would give me exactly what I was hoping for and that is just what I got. Julie made my wedding day unforgettable and I wish I could get married all over again, just so Julie was a part of my big day and could make me look like a natural beauty. I would recommend everyone use Julie Page Makeup Artistry for any special occasion, or just to get all done up for a night out of fun :-)

Julie is a fantastic make-up artist -- she did my makeup for an engagement photo session and for my October wedding. She's warm, friendly, and really, really good at taking my (and my bridesmaids) requests into account. My makeup looked great in person, and even better in photos. I hired a hair stylist to do my hair, and it started to fall out a bit, and Julie even jumped in to help -- she's a total pro! Highly recommend!

Melissa · Married on 09/28/2013

Julie did my wedding day makeup, as well as makeup for my maid of honor and the two moms). My makeup was exactly what I was looking for ~ mainly I wanted some dramatic eyes using purple tones, but not too over the top. We did a trial before the big day and it is a really nice way to work with Julie to determine the look you are trying to achieve. I also highly recommend getting lashes added! All of the ladies had them added and they make such a big difference in making your eyes pop in person and in pictures. We were all SO happy with our make up and I really think it added to all of the women looking just a little extra beautiful for the celebration :). Plus Julie was willing to travel to our hotel and do our make up at the wedding site, which was really great! Her pricing is also super reasonable for the DC area! Highly recommend using Julie for wedding day makeup!!!

Martha · Married on 08/11/2013

I am the grandmother of the groom and was so pleased to feel pretty. Wanted to make everything perfect for the bridal couple especially my appearance.

Shelby · Married on 08/10/2013

I got amazing compliments on my make-up. People telling me I needed to do my eye make-up the same daily. Quests wanting to know who I had apply my make-up. I would recommend Julie as a make-up artist.

Sarah · Married on 07/13/2013

Julie did an excellent job and everyone in the party was happy with their customized look.

Jenny · Married on 05/05/2012

Julie did an amazing job with my makeup, I could not have been happier having her there! From the appointment setup and the trial, to the day of, I felt so lucky to have Julie doing my makeup. She has just a wonderful, relaxing and happy personality, it was so nice to have her around the day of the wedding. During the trial, Julie tried different things to see what looked best as well as to determine what I liked and felt comfortable with. She made sure that I loved every aspect of my makeup and, while looking beautiful and radiant for my wedding, I still looked like myself... just more glowing and flawless. Also, despite the crazy humidity and rain on my wedding day, my make-up looked beautiful all the way until the end of the 1am reception.

Kate · Married on 04/21/2012

Julie is amazing at what she does. I never wear a lot of makeup and usually feel like I don't look like myself when I get my makeup done-not with Julie! She recently did my makeup for my wedding and I LOVED IT. People asked me all night "who did your makeup, it looks great!". It really did I could not have been happier.

She is also so much fun to have around on your wedding day-she really makes you feel comfortable and all my bridesmaids and mom left so happy and feeling beautiful! And it stayed in place all night!!

I only wish I could her 6 stars-thank you Julie!!!!