Sound & Sea Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Sean D. Getting married on 02/09/2022

Elopement Wedding

Anyone who is looking for a personable, talented, and easy going photographer will not be disappointed. Julie and her team were absolute professionals and my wife and I couldn't be happier with the results of our photos.

Julie took both our engagement and wedding photos and we've gotten so much praise from our friends and family. As someone who has never had the opportunity to work with a professional photographer, I was a little nervous about the whole process. Posing in awkward positions in front of strangers is not something I was used to but Julie made me feel confident and was great at communicating exactly what she needed from us.

Julie worked closely with us throughout the whole process. Due to COVID-19, we had to make lots of last minute changes and decisions and she was so helpful and supportive through that process. Ultimately, we decided on eloping instead of holding a traditional wedding (or postponing to next year) and it was really important to my wife and I that Julie really captured this more intimate wedding ceremony. Not only that, but we also decided to have our ceremony on top of a mountain, which Julie was totally down for.

I should also mention that despite the weather being less than ideal, Julie made the best of it and really captured some breathtaking photos. I cannot understate how happy my wife and I are with these photos.

Lastly, Julie was on time with everything. When she said she would have things done, they were finished. No excuses! She was very transparent throughout the entire process, letting us know how long she thought things would take and then following up with us without prompt.

Julie really is the full package. Not only are you going to get great photos, but you're gonna get a photographer with wit and charm and grace!

Jessica H. Married on 07/09/2021

Absolute Perfection

Julie is absolutely amazing. She communicates well, is efficient and professional, and most importantly impeccably captures moments. She was able to be direct and herd my roaming family for group shots. I am not someone who is photogenic and always seem to be at the wrong angle, but somehow, Julie didn't take one bad photo of me. I didn't really notice her on the day of, but somehow, she was everywhere and got every shot and angle. I look at the photos daily, I even showed them to a coworker, and she was brought to tears. She's that good. Julie is a must hire if you want your wedding day perfectly captured.
  • Haley
    Haley H. Married on 07/08/2021

Great experience

Julie has been an absolute professional the entire time we have been working together. Initially, she set up a meeting with my fiancé and me to learn more about us before agreeing to work together which I loved. It gave us the opportunity to get to know one another face-to-face.

Once we decided to move forward with working together, she was communicative and responsive to all of our questions. She offered guidance and recommendations to us when considering different aspects of our wedding.
    We scheduled our engagement shoot with Julie and the weather was questionable. We kept in touch days, and even hours, leading up to our shoot to confirm our plans. We brought our dog along to include in our photos and Julie handled her so well, giving her treats to cooperate and literally took the leash when getting shots of just my fiancé and me. She was creative and we loved the direction she took. Once the photos came back we were in love! She was able to capture us (non-models) and our dog beautifully and we have been happily sharing with family and friends in anticipation of our big day.

When the COVID-19 situation became an immediate threat to our wedding plans, Julie was one of the first to reach out and check-in on my fiancé and me and was adamant to work with us on whatever we decided. Eventually we decided to postpone our wedding and she was flexible with us.

I cannot wait to have Julie capture our big day!
    Cameron L. Married on 11/21/2020

Book Julie!

Julie was such an important part of our wedding experience. With all of the changes that COVID brought to our wedding plans, Julie was always flexible and knowledgeable with what we could do to still make our day special.

As for the photos, they turned out to be even more amazing than we could have imagined. Julie did a great job capturing all of our moments and they look stunning on camera. She is an absolute professional and we are so happy with the quality of our photos.

In addition to being a great photographer, Julie also turned out to be a kind and understanding individual. We are so thankful and grateful to Julie for everything. We would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone.
    Khayla S. Married on 11/09/2020

Please book her!

I can NOT recommend Julie enough to all of you looking for a photographer!
    Because of covid, my April Hawaiian destination wedding was postponed 3 times, and finally canceled. I got married anyways, but kind of gave up hope getting to wear my dress ever. I finally bit the bullet, and decided that because I didn't have the wedding, I should still get to wear the dress.
    I found Julie through instragram and fell in love with her photography. I didn't have any specific photos in mind, but the one thing I did know was that I wanted it to be an "adventure shoot." When I finally got in communication with her she had not only a thousand photo ideas in mind, but also a list of different places that would work for an adventure photoshoot. She had ideas for beach photos, hiking and forest photos, city photos, and mountain photos! And she was willing to drive the distance to make me happy!
    Another thing that she did was get me in contact with a GREAT florist!
    Anyways, when the picture day finally arrived, we had both driven 2 hours to Lake Diablo. She took the most STUNNING photos, even through the early September wildfire haze. Her direction was incredible. She was kind, patient, understanding, and (big points for this) funny! It was like we had known each other for a long time.

She's been really quick to answer any and all questions/emails I've had since (and before) the shoot.
    I am definitely going to book her for more shoots in the future!
    Susannah E. Married on 10/10/2020

Sound & Sea Photography - Beautiful photos!

Julie was lovely! In a year with a lot of uncertainty (2020), our wedding plans changed and shrank several times. Julie was super willing to work with us and even went above and beyond to provide information about what was currently allowed as regulations regarding weddings shifted.
    Due to the changes in our plans, we didn't end up meeting Julie until the day of the wedding. She handled the chaos of a DIY wedding flawlessly and was so much fun to take photos with. She was willing to go the extra mile in order to ensure we got some priceless pictures. We did not come in with a set idea of which photos we were looking for but Julie helped us and made sure we had the shots we wanted.
    Julie was super considerate and thoughtful throughout the whole time we worked with her. We received the photos on schedule and they are absolutely beautiful! I find myself looking at them over and over. Especially in a year like this one, it is so lovely to have a wonderful day captured so beautifully. Overall, we are very happy we chose Sound & Sea Photography.
  • Dylan
    Dylan C. Married on 10/03/2020

Your Wedding Photo Dreams Will Come True With Julie

I have never felt more comfortable in front of a camera until meeting Julie. I felt a great connection with her right away when we had our first in-person meeting to discuss my wedding. She is extremely transparent about her photographing strengths and weakness - which was a big deal for me. She is confident about her strengths, can acknowledge what she'd like to work on, and will always be up for a challenge. Our wedding venue is all indoors, and right off the bat Julie explained that she's skilled with indoor shooting while a lot of other photographers may not be. I loved that confidence. Julie is seriously one of a kind and will make your vision come true through her photos. I basically spewed out gibberish of what I wanted mine to look like, and she DELIVERED. Thank you so much for being incredibly fun, flexible, and talented, Julie!
  • Tom
    Tom C. Married on 08/08/2020

The complete package

Julie is very professional and takes her work seriously. When we did an engagement session she made us feel comfortable and definitely got the best out of us. On our wedding day she was prompt and effective, getting a lot of photos in several scenes in a short amount of time. Due to Covid restrictions our wedding was on the small side and very light on coordination. Julie stepped up when we needed her to. She politely got us and our guests organized for photos, keeping us on schedule and getting great shots of our guests and the events of the ceremony. She knows what she's doing and it didn't matter that we were inexperienced. We greatly appreciate how she worked with us over the summer while restrictions were changing on a near weekly basis. To top it all off, we love her artistic, beautiful photographs! We can't imagine having a better experience with someone else. Julie is truly awesome.
    Tung Married on 08/02/2020

Thank you Julie for the perfect photo shoot section

Julie was very professional and very kind. I was looking around and found her portfolio because her style fit in with my idea of how I want to capture the special moment with my fiancé. The unique technique and skills of Julie are very different from other photographers that she got the eyes for the very genuine natural moments to happen and capture them through her lens. That is the most important aspect that I was looking for and I contacted her to ask for her appointment with her expertise. I couldn’t be happier when we have a plan and we follow through it, Julie even went extra mile of being prepared to help and provide us a couple umbrella for the insurance of the unpredictable weather forecast here in WA that it could be raining any time to make sure that it doesn’t matter sunshine or rain we still have a perfect photoshoot moment – because the date is important and I don’t want to miss that moment. Thank you, Julie, for being with us through the journey and capture the happy memories that we will cherish forever.

Sound & Sea Photography's reply:

Thank you, Tung! It was my honor and pleasure! I am so pleased you are happy with your gallery and wish you all the best! :)
  • Ashley
    Ashley B. Married on 06/20/2020

Julie is the TOTAL package!

If I could give her one hundred stars, I would. We booked Julie about a year and a half before our wedding (our first vendor!) back in January of 2019. From the very first meeting, we knew that there was no other photog we'd want to capture our special day than her. Julie is warm, funny, and extremely organized and professional. Though I often hate being in pictures, Julie (and her extremely talented videographer / assistant, Sophia) are probably the only people in the world who can make me feel consistently beautiful in photo and film. She has a remarkable talent for capturing all the authenticity, joy, and emotion of a wedding day. Every time I look through my wedding photos, I feel like I'm right back on the mountain on the best day of my life.

Julie was a joy to work with during both our engagement shoot and our wedding-turned-elopement (#CovidCouplesClub). Like so many others in this crazy time, Julie has had to wear many hats (photog, honorary maid of honor, social worker, therapist, confidant, the list goes on...) and she did it with an abundance of grace and compassion.

I am so in awe of Julie and her heart and talents. You will be so thankful you booked her. She's a gift to all brides and grooms-to-be in the PNW area.

Thank you, thank you Julie and Sophia! (Sorry this review, like everything else I do, took an eternity to write.)
  • Andrew
    Andrew D. Married on 06/08/2020

holy crap, JMP is terrific

JMP photographed our wedding in August—but she also did so much more. Beyond her formidable technical expertise, her incredibly creative eye, and absolute mastery of her craft, Julie was a joy to deal with. In the midst of tracking people, a shotlist, and a wonderful assistant, she also managed to bring a great deal of order to an otherwise chaotic day—and allowed my wife and I to focus on things of much greater importance. (And if we ever get divorced and remarried, we would totally hire her again.)

Sound & Sea Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Andy! Such fun capturing your day. And yes, I would be glad to reshoot after your divorce and remarriage! 🤣
  • Raj
    Prithviraj Married on 01/12/2020

Amazing, highly recommended!

Julie was great on multiple fronts. We met her while we were shopping for venue and she recommended the venue (Stimson-Green mansion) we eventually booked... and her style of photography, my wife's style / decor and venue made it a perfect combination. Very 20s (1920s!).

Back to Julie - she was flexible with our schedule and day of delays (multiple wedding party members had new babies). She did ensure we got all the pictures needed. Her style matched perfectly with our aesthetics. She captures the natural action vs. more posed - we had so many funny and emotional pictures from various moments of the day. The second photographer was friendly and great as well.

Julie shared some sneak peeks on Instagram and Facebook within a week or so, and got us the full set within 6-7 weeks. She included two sets: low size & resolution versions for sharing with others and a high resolution one for printing. We already printed a bunch (from Costco) including a canvas print - turned out great!

Sound & Sea Photography's reply:

Your wedding was one of the most joyful gatherings I have ever experienced! I am so happy you are pleased and wish you all the best! :)
  • Ann
    Ann C. Married on 07/07/2019

You will LOVE Julie Morgan!!!

We can't say enough wonderful things about Julie!!! We are from the Chicago area and had a Seattle Wedding at Snoqualmie Falls. Knowing that we weren't going to get an opportunity to meet with our photographer in person pre-wedding, we wanted to make sure we found someone whose work we loved and someone we also felt comfortable with. From the beginning, Julie felt like a friend - genuine, down-to-earth, so easy to talk and understood what we were looking for. She was able to take our ideas of our perfect wedding day photos and infuse her unique creativity and photo-journalistic style to produce stunningly beautiful images of our special day full of family, friends and love! She was absolutely the right choice for us! Love, love, love her!

Sound & Sea Photography's reply:

Awwww Ann! Thank you so much! It was my pleasure to capture your very special day and so glad we have become friends!!! xoxo
  • K&A
    K&A N. Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing Photographer!

We loved Julie! She took our engagement photos, wedding photos, and we did a post-wedding adventure shoot with her as well. She was easy to work with, great at communication, and flexible. We loved how all the pictures turned out. She gave us more photos than we know what to do with (which is a good thing!) - we're having a hard time choosing which ones to print because there are too many good ones! We highly recommend her!

Sound & Sea Photography's reply:

Thank you so much K+A!!! I just loved getting to know you both and capturing your engagement, ceremony, and our post wedding adventure! So happy you are pleased with the photography and wish you all the happiness in the world! :)
  • Amanda
    Amanda T. Married on 06/13/2019

Outstanding

I could not recommend Julie enough. She was absolutely wonderful. She was so helpful in the planning process, always answered my questions quickly, was early to our wedding, and did the most amazing job. Our wedding video that her assistant, Sophia did brings me to tears every single time. They were so professional, but yet they fit in so well. We got so many compliments from our guests saying how much they enjoyed Julie and Sophia. I was so thankful we went with them. Definitely the right choice!

Sound & Sea Photography's reply:

Ohhh Amanda, thank you so much! It was pure joy sharing your day! So much love to you and yours! xoxo
  • Travis
    Travis K. Married on 04/20/2019

Candid shots!

We used Julie Morgan Photography for our wedding this past April. Julie was wonderful to work with! She was very responsive in questions and planning leading up to our day! She did our engagement shots too! Julie was willing to travel to Bend, OR with us! She captured our day beautifully with candid shots that I love! I love that she was fairly sneaky with her shots, it didn't feel like paparazzi was at my wedding! I would recommend Julie to everyone!!!

Sound & Sea Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Laura and Travis! It was an honor sharing your day and I had a GREAT time capturing everything. I wish you both the absolute best! xo
    Kirsten Married on 04/06/2019

Unforgettable! Priceless!

I searched around for a bit looking at different photographers, but when I saw Julie's work I knew that she and her team were the ones I was looking for. They were professional, flexible, effective under pressure and kind. Altogether an unforgettable experience, with priceless results. It's been a few months and I am STILL raving about my photos. Definitely recommending to anyone!
    Kat Married on 03/23/2019

Julie is amazing!

I loved working with Julie for my wedding photos, she made it fun and they turned out great, we also got way more photos than expected and she had them done really efficiently! I highly recommend working with her.

Sound & Sea Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Katarina! It was a privilege sharing your intimate ceremony with you. I wish all the best! :)
  • Larissa
    Larissa Married on 09/09/2018

Julie was so Flexible and Reliable!

Julie was so much more than just my wedding photographer! Not only was she punctual, respectful, and exceptionally talented, but she was a huge source of support throughout the entire process. Our wedding day did not go without hitch, but Julie quickly adapted to our shortened portrait window and still managed to capture all of our moments beautifully. After the wedding, she maintained constant communication about her progress with the pictures and even provided us with significantly more photos than we originally anticipated. The quality of her work, as well as her customer service, is second to none and we now feel like we can call Julie a friend. I cannot recommend her enough.
    Shannon C. Married on 06/29/2018

Everyting we hoped for and more!!

We are from Texas but our wedding was on Bainbridge Island, WA . I contacted Julie and knew from that moment that she was the one. She was so responsive and took the time to explain things that we would have NEVER even thought of! We could not have asked for a better photographer/videographer!! Our day was captured beautifully and even since the wedding, Julie has been more than helpful. We can’t recommend her enough! Planning an out of state wedding was difficult enough but Julie understood our needs and made this portion of the wedding planning a breeze. THANK YOU JULIE! We are forever grateful!!!

Sound & Sea Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Shannon! I am so happy for you and glad you had a wonderful experience and memories to treasure for a lifetime. :)
    Chandler M. Married on 06/22/2019

Emotional photos for an amazing day

Julie was my wedding photographer in June of 2019. She was amazing. She worked with us on price and trying to get every picture that we wanted. She amazing on helping me pick out what pictures and angles we wanted but also trusted my thoughts on ideas for other pictures and places to take them. She was very punctual and even early to the time she said she was going to be there. The quality of the the content we received was higher than I was expecting and I loved how dramatic they were. Pictures was one of the only things I wanted/cared about when it came to the wedding. I was more than happy with what we received

Sound & Sea Photography's reply:

Thank you beauty!!! Your passion for each other was pure 🔥!!! So happy to have captured it for you. :)