Julie K. Gray Photography Reviews

54 | Saco, ME

54 Reviews for Julie K. Gray Photography

• Christina

Christina · Getting married on 09/20/2021

Photos were one of my number one important things for my wedding and working with Julie was AMAZING! She made us feel so comfortable while staying behind the scenes, I forgot she was there for some of the night. The turnaround was SO quick and our photos are more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. I can't stop looking at them. My guests keep telling me they can't believe how many guest photos she captured. She got EVERYTHING. Her style just lets you relive the emotions and excitement of the day. 10000% recommend her any day.

Sent on 09/13/2018

Lucy Cleland · Getting married on 03/07/2021

Stop looking. Julie is the One!!

You have found the most talented and kind photographer on earth! Stop your search and say yes—she is the one!! My wife and I were so lucky that we snagged Julie to photograph our wedding. All our guests commented on two things: she was so nice, they never saw her taking photos, and the photos turned out SO INCREDIBLE. She has a style and maybe you think it’s not for you but I am telling you as a friend (well, a friend from the depths of the internet): don’t be an idiot. You are going to look astonishingly good in her photos and they will be beautiful and *elevated* and romantic without being cheesy in the least. You will get them fast and they will be incredible and you will sit there awash in blissful memories. Best of all, you won’t be standing at the altar with your not-Julie-photographer all up in your vow-zone thinking, why, why didn’t I listen to that one review????? I’m just thinking of you. I only want the best for you—and the best is Julie. Hands down.

Sent on 10/31/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Getting married on 09/05/2020

Flexible!!

I had initially emailed a few photographers at the beginning of my wedding planning process and it became clear that photographers book up fast!! I frantically emailed every photographer in the southern to central Maine area to get their availability. The next challenge came with the shooting minimums, we really only wanted covereage of getting ready, ceremony, pictures after, and maybe an hour of the reception (5 hours in total). Julie was the only person willing to put a customized package together for me! This fit our need and budget. She has been extremely responsive in the planning process and I have no doubt the pictures will be beautiful, I feel like she totally got my vision after our first correspondence.

Sent on 10/02/2019

Sarah Lafortune · Married on 08/09/2020

Working with Julie was everything we hoped for!!

Working with Julie was a dream! We hired Julie to take photos for our 10th anniversary and they came out even better than I had hoped. Julie is talanted, professional, patient, and so lovely to work with!!!

Sent on 08/13/2020

Shawn · Married on 10/12/2019

Absolutely amazing!

Julie is fabulous to work with! Not only are the photos wonderful but being able to trust her to get the pictures I wanted as well as keep the train on time was super helpful! She was even willing to jump on the ski lift to get a photo of us heading up the mountain (one of my favorites!). She is super prompt in returning emails and messages and I we got our photo back is so quickly (both engagement and wedding). I requested a second shooter for the wedding and Brett was a fabulous addition and Julie took care of all the logistics. I cannot recommend Julie enough! She is amazing!

Sent on 10/22/2019

julia zawacki · Married on 10/05/2019

Best photographer!

From booking to getting our edited pictures back, working with Julie was effortless. My husband and I aren’t super photogenic but she made us feel so comfortable on our wedding. Her humor and professionalism is unmatched. The pictures are gorgeous and we couldn’t have asked for a better vendor. We look forward to referring everyone we know to Julie and working with her in the future.

Sent on 10/11/2019

Anna · Married on 09/28/2019

The BEST photographer choice for a simple and intimate wedding!

We booked Julie to be our wedding photographer the second we saw her portfolio. She was incredibly kind, thoughtful, and professional throughout our time with her. She really has a knack for capturing the essence of the wedding and those special moments that not everyone is able to witness on the big day. She was there throughout the day, but also had a way of blending in. She really took the time to make sure that we got all the photos we wished for, INCLUDING extended family shots of our very massive family. I couldn't imagine celebrating my wedding day without her as our photographer; it was simple, elegant, and intimate and she captured all of that in her photos. About a week after the big day, we received a wonderful gift in the mail from her with our photos on a USB drive as well as a gorgeously done book to store it in with our photo on the cover. It was a simple touch but really made the difference to us. A wonderful way to end the festivities, and something we will cherish for years to come. She definitely met all of our needs (and then some), and I'm sure she will for you as well! Thank you so much Julie!

Love,

Anna & Andrew

Sent on 10/25/2019
  • Tricia

Tricia Garrett · Married on 08/03/2019

Bride aug 3 2019

Julie is on top of everything. She is a natural artist and was able to nail the perfect shots in no time. She gave us the perfect guidance so that we didn’t have to run the show. She met with me for coffee beforehand to dream up the perfect day and then ran with it from there and I didn’t have to give it another thought. She is easy going yet able to easily run the show and corral the troops and keep things flowing smoothly—even at our family’s most chaotic moments! She told me jokes during moments of stress to keep me laughing through the big day. Her photos capture the spirit of the day and the personality of the couple and crowd! She is a supporter of love in all forms. Her fees are extremely reasonable for her talents and hard work. I would recommend her to everyone I know and love!

Sent on 08/29/2019

Peter Greene · Married on 08/01/2019

Superb! Highly recommended!

Julie was an absolute pleasure to work with from start to finish. She struck a perfect balance between capturing intimate candid moments with family, while taking full advantage of the beautiful natural scenery where our wedding took place. We cannot recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 08/10/2019
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 07/13/2019

The BEST Wedding Photographer!

Jenna and I don't know where to begin in describing our experience with Julie. Readers, do not be fooled by the level of gushing that is about to happen in this review, as although overwhelmingly positive, it sincerely highlights the terrific work produced by this lovely photographer.

We first met Julie during our engagement photo shoot in the Old Port and Eastern Promenade in Portland. We live in Memphis, TN, and came to Maine to wedding plan and meet Julie. Despite being a busy weekend, Julie put us at ease immediately. The engagement session was terrific and she did a fantastic job of capturing our personalities and styles. Most impressively, she had the photos edited and sent to us the same day. The work was beautiful.

On the day of our wedding, we received the same level of care and professionalism from Julie. She did an impressive job of documenting all aspects of the big day - decor, guests arriving, the bridal party getting ready, ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Having seen her work through our engagement photos, we were completely at ease and trusting of Julie during the day of our wedding.

Julie had all edited photos returned to us less than two weeks after our wedding date. It was unbelievable and we were so impressed with the results. Although the wedding happened two months ago, we keep reliving the day through Julie's work. We can't recommend her highly enough and will be forever grateful we chose her to be part of this huge moment in our lives. Thank you, Julie!

Lots of love and gratitude,

John & Jenna

Sent on 09/29/2019

Renaye Sinnett · Married on 07/12/2019

Amazing!!!

Our wedding day was crazy and hectic, and Julie showed up and just jumped right in without missing a beat. Perfectly captured our day, I loved every single image. Can not recommend her highly enough!!!

Sent on 09/01/2019

Tayler Lauzon · Married on 06/29/2019

Beautiful Pictures

Planning a wedding is stressful, but Julie helped make the whole process easier. Her communication is great and she is so easy going. She is willing to assist in any way she can. I was floored by the beauty of our pictures. She took so many wonderful pictures and got them back to us in a timely manner. We are so happy we had Julie photograph our wedding. She captured memories we will cherish for years to come.

Sent on 09/30/2019
  • Caroline

Caroline Tuttle Cumming · Married on 06/21/2019

EPIC! Creative!

Julie photographed our laid back intimate ceremony of 20 people. She captured candids perfectly. Our session of my husband and I was fun and the photos blew my mind!

Sent on 06/27/2019

Michelle · Married on 06/15/2019

Exceptional photos!

We had the best time having Julie as our photographer. She has a great personality and the pictures came out wonderful. She is flexible to work with and highly recommended!

Sent on 08/03/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah Frazier · Married on 06/08/2019

Julie was a dream

Julie is not only absolutely adorable but she was a dream photographer to work with. Truth by told, my now husband and I are not very serious people. We gave Julie complete creative control to capture the meaningful moments at our wedding. I can honestly say I'm not sure any photographer would have captured the joy at our wedding the way that Julie. The entire time she was there she felt like an old friend. My husband and I cannot thank her enough for the warmth and laughter she brought to the day. Julie you're a gem.

Sent on 06/22/2019
  • Jacob

Jacob Horowitz · Married on 06/08/2019

The Best!!!

Julie was the best photographer one could hope for. Smiling and laughing the whole time and wonderful to work with. Goes without saying but on time and quick to respond to emails. Julie took many amazing shots of us on our wedding day at the Dockside in York, ME. She had shot there before and knew the location and vendors well. We had specific shots in mind that we wanted to capture throughout the night and she gave us those and more. I wouldn't have gone with anyone else for one of the most important days of my life! Thank you Julie!!!

Sent on 06/22/2019
  • April

April · Married on 06/01/2019

Cannot say enough good things about Julie!!

I cannot say enough good things about Julie, and the same went for our wedding guests and our families. We heard from so many people how wonderful she was and our photos are incredible. I don't know how I am going to pick which ones to frame. Not only is she an amazing photographer and wonderful person, she is QUICK. People are shocked when I tell them how fast we got our photos back. She had our enegement photos to us the same day and our wedding photos to us the Wednesday after we got married (on a Saturday - and she had the usb with every photo to us the Monday after). Again, cannot say enough good things about working with her!!

Sent on 06/11/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Nonawzki · Married on 05/17/2019

Better than We Could Have Ever Imagined!

We highly recommend Julie for your photography needs! She was professional, friendly, helpful, and an overall delight to work with. From our first contact, she worked with us and offered suggestions to ensure we had all the photographs we wanted (and many more) to capture our big day. She was also very flexible with our schedule, working with us right up until our wedding day to figure out a final plan – she very kindly drove us to a nearby beach (which she offered to do for us rain or shine) after our ceremony, then took us over to our wedding dinner. The photos she captured were breathtaking and better than we could have imagined. We are so grateful to Julie for her amazing talent that captured our special day so perfectly!

Sent on 06/28/2019
  • Kendra

Kendra · Married on 11/03/2018

Absolutely amazing!

We originally found Julie on this website and chose her based on her glowing reviews, awards, and photos! We are so glad we took that risk. Immediately Julie was on board with anything and everything we wanted. Our wedding did need for all vendors to be flexible because of last minute rain and Julie was able to jump right in and go with the flow.
    Before even meeting Julie we checked out her website, and social media sites and fell in love with her style. We were really looking for photographs that would be works of art and Julie's work is just that. My husband and I are super camera shy but Julie was able to make us feel extremely comfortable as if it was your best friend just casually hanging out. When Julie first arrived she began right away. We threw a few curveballs at her, such as going down the street to take pictures on a bridge in the rain. She didn't question our sanity but simply jumped in a car and had a blast.
    Julie was able to catch so many candid photos, which I wanted of our guests. She also got photos of everyone, without being annoying! Julie truly caught the essence of love and joy in our faces in every photo. She had many suggestions at our venue, even though she had never been there before. Her eye for art truly makes her a great photographer.
    She also had our photos to us within a week! We could not have been happier or more impressed with her work. I would recommend her to anyone looking for amazing photos!
    Our wedding was November 3, 2018 and we are still receiving compliments to this day, 6 months later, of how amazing our photos are.

Sent on 05/04/2019

Holman Wedding · Married on 10/13/2018

Julie Gray HIGHLY recommended

I wish I could rate Julie with more than 5 stars because it would be more like 500! :) Her attention to detail and her passion for her craft is evident in every picture she captures- a true artist. She is an absolute joy to work with, and made myself and my husband feel so at ease in front of the camera. We love how she finds the beauty in nature and incorporates it in her photos. She is extremely professional: quick to respond to emails, quick to process pictures, and quick to send them! I would highly recommend Julie, you would be so fortunate to have her as your photographer!

Sent on 10/19/2018

Meghan · Married on 09/29/2018

Beautiful Photos!

We had the privilege of working with Julie for our engagement photos and on our wedding day. She was more than happy/accommodating to meet with us in person to formally chat about plans, photos, etc. She was SO flexible and prompt with her communication (in general) but especially when it came to planning our spontaneously planned engagement shoot in the snow. She braved the cold with us and our engagement photos on Mackworth Island came out beautifully! My husband and I tend to be a little awkward in photos (and in life), but Julie was able to direct us to engage in certain poses that made it seem natural/effortless. We were also SO SO pleased with our wedding photos. Julie didn't miss a beat and captured everything beautifully, from her detail shots of our invitations/wedding bands to the crazy dancing photos. If we had to do everything all over again, we'd definitely choose Julie!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Meghan · Married on 09/12/2018

Julie made us feel at ease, was extremely organized and very responsive. She knew the venue well and planned some great shots. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 09/19/2018
  • Breana

Breana Malitsky · Married on 09/08/2018

Julie's photos are so dreamy!

Julie was an absolute dream to work with from start to finish! She is extremely responsive, and very flexible as far as timing and location. We hired her to do our wedding photos, and fortunately she suggested we do a quick engagement shoot as well. She was able to create a custom pricing package to meet our needs, and even suggested an amazing “first look” spot in Portland that we never would have thought of. All the photos she took are magical! She got us our full edit (over 500 photos) in only a few days. We’re so happy every time we look at her photos!

Sent on 10/15/2018
  • Rachel

Rachel Herter · Married on 07/07/2018

Wonderful!

Julie is awesome. Really funny, super professional, really quick, and most importantly, cares about what you want and has a beautiful artistic eye. We're so happy with our photos :)

Sent on 12/05/2018
  • Olivia Grace

Olivia · Married on 06/23/2018

Julie photographed our wedding and she was AMAZING! We got our photos back really quickly and they were perfect. We did our formal photos before the ceremony and it rained on and off up until about an hour before our ceremony, but Julie still made it work and was able to get beautiful pictures of us, our family, and wedding party. A great thing about having Julie as our photographer wasn't just how perfect the final product was but how easy she was to actually work with. My fiancé and I were really nervous about being awkward in our photos because we've never been professionally photographed before and we're both generally awkward in photos to begin with, but she made us feel completely comfortable the entire time. Even when she was photographing us getting ready with our bridesmaids and groomsmen, it never felt like we were being photographed and felt more like she was there hanging out with us as a friend. I highly recommend hiring Julie as your photographer for your wedding or really any special occasion.

Sent on 07/06/2018