Julie K. Gray Photography Reviews

Julie K. Gray Photography 7
  • Tricia

Tricia Garrett · Married on 08/03/2019

Bride aug 3 2019

Julie is on top of everything. She is a natural artist and was able to nail the perfect shots in no time. She gave us the perfect guidance so that we didn’t have to run the show. She met with me for coffee beforehand to dream up the perfect day and then ran with it from there and I didn’t have to give it another thought. She is easy going yet able to easily run the show and corral the troops and keep things flowing smoothly—even at our family’s most chaotic moments! She told me jokes during moments of stress to keep me laughing through the big day. Her photos capture the spirit of the day and the personality of the couple and crowd! She is a supporter of love in all forms. Her fees are extremely reasonable for her talents and hard work. I would recommend her to everyone I know and love!

Sent on 08/29/2019
    Julie K. Gray Photography 15
    Julie K. Gray Photography 16

Peter Greene · Married on 08/01/2019

Superb! Highly recommended!

Julie was an absolute pleasure to work with from start to finish. She struck a perfect balance between capturing intimate candid moments with family, while taking full advantage of the beautiful natural scenery where our wedding took place. We cannot recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 08/10/2019

Renaye Sinnett · Married on 07/12/2019

Amazing!!!

Our wedding day was crazy and hectic, and Julie showed up and just jumped right in without missing a beat. Perfectly captured our day, I loved every single image. Can not recommend her highly enough!!!

Sent on 09/01/2019
    Julie K. Gray Photography 17
  • Caroline

Caroline Tuttle Cumming · Married on 06/21/2019

EPIC! Creative!

Julie photographed our laid back intimate ceremony of 20 people. She captured candids perfectly. Our session of my husband and I was fun and the photos blew my mind!

Sent on 06/27/2019

Michelle · Married on 06/15/2019

Exceptional photos!

We had the best time having Julie as our photographer. She has a great personality and the pictures came out wonderful. She is flexible to work with and highly recommended!

Sent on 08/03/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah Frazier · Married on 06/08/2019

Julie was a dream

Julie is not only absolutely adorable but she was a dream photographer to work with. Truth by told, my now husband and I are not very serious people. We gave Julie complete creative control to capture the meaningful moments at our wedding. I can honestly say I'm not sure any photographer would have captured the joy at our wedding the way that Julie. The entire time she was there she felt like an old friend. My husband and I cannot thank her enough for the warmth and laughter she brought to the day. Julie you're a gem.

Sent on 06/22/2019
    Julie K. Gray Photography 22
  • Jacob

Jacob Horowitz · Married on 06/08/2019

The Best!!!

Julie was the best photographer one could hope for. Smiling and laughing the whole time and wonderful to work with. Goes without saying but on time and quick to respond to emails. Julie took many amazing shots of us on our wedding day at the Dockside in York, ME. She had shot there before and knew the location and vendors well. We had specific shots in mind that we wanted to capture throughout the night and she gave us those and more. I wouldn't have gone with anyone else for one of the most important days of my life! Thank you Julie!!!

Sent on 06/22/2019
    Julie K. Gray Photography 23
    Julie K. Gray Photography 24
    Julie K. Gray Photography 25
    Julie K. Gray Photography 26
  • April

April · Married on 06/01/2019

Cannot say enough good things about Julie!!

I cannot say enough good things about Julie, and the same went for our wedding guests and our families. We heard from so many people how wonderful she was and our photos are incredible. I don't know how I am going to pick which ones to frame. Not only is she an amazing photographer and wonderful person, she is QUICK. People are shocked when I tell them how fast we got our photos back. She had our enegement photos to us the same day and our wedding photos to us the Wednesday after we got married (on a Saturday - and she had the usb with every photo to us the Monday after). Again, cannot say enough good things about working with her!!

Sent on 06/11/2019
    Julie K. Gray Photography 27
    Julie K. Gray Photography 28
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Nonawzki · Married on 05/17/2019

Better than We Could Have Ever Imagined!

We highly recommend Julie for your photography needs! She was professional, friendly, helpful, and an overall delight to work with. From our first contact, she worked with us and offered suggestions to ensure we had all the photographs we wanted (and many more) to capture our big day. She was also very flexible with our schedule, working with us right up until our wedding day to figure out a final plan – she very kindly drove us to a nearby beach (which she offered to do for us rain or shine) after our ceremony, then took us over to our wedding dinner. The photos she captured were breathtaking and better than we could have imagined. We are so grateful to Julie for her amazing talent that captured our special day so perfectly!

Sent on 06/28/2019
    Julie K. Gray Photography 29
  • Kendra

Kendra · Married on 11/03/2018

Absolutely amazing!

We originally found Julie on this website and chose her based on her glowing reviews, awards, and photos! We are so glad we took that risk. Immediately Julie was on board with anything and everything we wanted. Our wedding did need for all vendors to be flexible because of last minute rain and Julie was able to jump right in and go with the flow.
    Before even meeting Julie we checked out her website, and social media sites and fell in love with her style. We were really looking for photographs that would be works of art and Julie's work is just that. My husband and I are super camera shy but Julie was able to make us feel extremely comfortable as if it was your best friend just casually hanging out. When Julie first arrived she began right away. We threw a few curveballs at her, such as going down the street to take pictures on a bridge in the rain. She didn't question our sanity but simply jumped in a car and had a blast.
    Julie was able to catch so many candid photos, which I wanted of our guests. She also got photos of everyone, without being annoying! Julie truly caught the essence of love and joy in our faces in every photo. She had many suggestions at our venue, even though she had never been there before. Her eye for art truly makes her a great photographer.
    She also had our photos to us within a week! We could not have been happier or more impressed with her work. I would recommend her to anyone looking for amazing photos!
    Our wedding was November 3, 2018 and we are still receiving compliments to this day, 6 months later, of how amazing our photos are.

Sent on 05/04/2019
    Julie K. Gray Photography 42
    Julie K. Gray Photography 43

Holman Wedding · Married on 10/13/2018

Julie Gray HIGHLY recommended

I wish I could rate Julie with more than 5 stars because it would be more like 500! :) Her attention to detail and her passion for her craft is evident in every picture she captures- a true artist. She is an absolute joy to work with, and made myself and my husband feel so at ease in front of the camera. We love how she finds the beauty in nature and incorporates it in her photos. She is extremely professional: quick to respond to emails, quick to process pictures, and quick to send them! I would highly recommend Julie, you would be so fortunate to have her as your photographer!

Sent on 10/19/2018

Meghan · Married on 09/29/2018

Beautiful Photos!

We had the privilege of working with Julie for our engagement photos and on our wedding day. She was more than happy/accommodating to meet with us in person to formally chat about plans, photos, etc. She was SO flexible and prompt with her communication (in general) but especially when it came to planning our spontaneously planned engagement shoot in the snow. She braved the cold with us and our engagement photos on Mackworth Island came out beautifully! My husband and I tend to be a little awkward in photos (and in life), but Julie was able to direct us to engage in certain poses that made it seem natural/effortless. We were also SO SO pleased with our wedding photos. Julie didn't miss a beat and captured everything beautifully, from her detail shots of our invitations/wedding bands to the crazy dancing photos. If we had to do everything all over again, we'd definitely choose Julie!

Sent on 10/31/2018
    Julie K. Gray Photography 49
    Julie K. Gray Photography 50
    Julie K. Gray Photography 51

Meghan · Married on 09/12/2018

Julie made us feel at ease, was extremely organized and very responsive. She knew the venue well and planned some great shots. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 09/19/2018
  • Breana

Breana Malitsky · Married on 09/08/2018

Julie's photos are so dreamy!

Julie was an absolute dream to work with from start to finish! She is extremely responsive, and very flexible as far as timing and location. We hired her to do our wedding photos, and fortunately she suggested we do a quick engagement shoot as well. She was able to create a custom pricing package to meet our needs, and even suggested an amazing “first look” spot in Portland that we never would have thought of. All the photos she took are magical! She got us our full edit (over 500 photos) in only a few days. We’re so happy every time we look at her photos!

Sent on 10/15/2018
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 09/01/2018

Photos were one of my number one important things for my wedding and working with Julie was AMAZING! She made us feel so comfortable while staying behind the scenes, I forgot she was there for some of the night. The turnaround was SO quick and our photos are more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. I can't stop looking at them. My guests keep telling me they can't believe how many guest photos she captured. She got EVERYTHING. Her style just lets you relive the emotions and excitement of the day. 10000% recommend her any day.

Sent on 09/13/2018
    Julie K. Gray Photography 59
  • Rachel

Rachel Herter · Married on 07/07/2018

Wonderful!

Julie is awesome. Really funny, super professional, really quick, and most importantly, cares about what you want and has a beautiful artistic eye. We're so happy with our photos :)

Sent on 12/05/2018
  • Olivia Grace

Olivia · Married on 06/23/2018

Julie photographed our wedding and she was AMAZING! We got our photos back really quickly and they were perfect. We did our formal photos before the ceremony and it rained on and off up until about an hour before our ceremony, but Julie still made it work and was able to get beautiful pictures of us, our family, and wedding party. A great thing about having Julie as our photographer wasn't just how perfect the final product was but how easy she was to actually work with. My fiancé and I were really nervous about being awkward in our photos because we've never been professionally photographed before and we're both generally awkward in photos to begin with, but she made us feel completely comfortable the entire time. Even when she was photographing us getting ready with our bridesmaids and groomsmen, it never felt like we were being photographed and felt more like she was there hanging out with us as a friend. I highly recommend hiring Julie as your photographer for your wedding or really any special occasion.

Sent on 07/06/2018

Julia · Married on 10/27/2017

Julie is personal, warm and we instantly felt confident that she knew what she was doing (which was great, because we were complete noobs). She is organized, consistent, flexible and incredibly professional with her communication and services.
    We were thrilled with the photos. She sent us back so many amazing bride and groom photos we can’t decide which ones to frame. We also really appreciated how well she captured our guest, the ambiance of the venue and party and she did so without being intrusive or distracting. We didn’t get a videographer and I don’t regret it. Julie did such a great job of documenting the small details and curating great photos that tell our wedding story.

We were both shocked at how fast we got the photos back (less than a week) and were thrilled when she sent us a professional USB book/case that is adorable and personal. She has an eye for details and we will appreciate her work for a lifetime.

Could not recommend her more!

Sent on 07/18/2017

Chrissy · Married on 09/10/2017

My husband and I hired Julie to photograph our wedding September 10th and we cannot say enough fabulous things about her and her work. Her communication was fast, she was reliable (arrived to the engagement shoot site and wedding site on time, delivered our digital albums to us when she said she would, etc), and she was super friendly and made you feel relaxed and at ease in her presence. The quality of her work is tremendous (just look at her website and Facebook page), and her rates are very reasonable considering the quality of her work and the fact that the digital images are yours once delivered (no watermarks!). We recommend her without hesitation!

Sent on 09/20/2017

Jennifer · Married on 08/19/2017

Julie was fantastic to work with! She is professional, personable and fun. We had a large wedding party and she made us all feel relaxed day of the wedding. She found some beautiful and creative places for our photographs. Julie always responded quickly any time I reached out to her. She made every part of the process easy from communication, to scheduling, to payment. Her turnaround time is great, she even had the pictures ready for us to view online while we were still on our Honeymoon. Julie could not be nicer or easier to worth with, I highly recommend using her for your wedding!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Cassandra · Married on 08/11/2017

Julie was amazing from the engagement shoot to the wedding day! We had so much fun during the engagement shoot that my husband and I knew we made the right choice. About 6 months before the wedding we decided we wanted to have a second photographer (to get pictures of the men getting ready) and Julie made this happen with no issues! She was amazing the whole day of the wedding, helping keep me on time for the first look without making me feel rushed. The amount of beautiful pictures that we got from the wedding day was completely unexpected! We are having a hard time narrowing it down to even 30 pictures for a wedding album. As an added bonus we also got some really great candid shots of everyone at the reception which we can't wait to give to people as Christmas presents! Not only that but the feedback time was always faster than expected, ever email was responded to within 24 hours and almost always within an hour or two and it took under a week to get access to our finalized photos online after the wedding. You CAN NOT go wrong with Julie as your photographer for this very important day!!

Sent on 09/12/2017

Amanda · Married on 07/22/2017

Julie did such an amazing job at our wedding over the weekend! She made us feel completely comfortable and we couldn't be happier with the quality of work she did! We would highly reccomend!

Sent on 07/23/2017

Amanda · Married on 07/15/2017

Julie was a fantastic photographer with a whimsical style, making everything look so angelic and beautiful. She was so easy to work with. I am not comfortable in front of a camera, but she made me feel so at ease, even though we had never met until the day of my wedding. She was easy to work with, really patient with all the family portraits I wanted, even bringing the list I had sent her, making sure we got all the shots I requested. And there were many with my unconventional family! Julie made us feel comfortable and gave us good direction. She was very responsive throughout the process, worked with our tight budget, and posted a sneak peak within a few days, which was so exciting to see. She sent us an edited online album in a week (!). Her artistic ability is astounding and these are literally the most beautiful photos I could ever have of the best day of my life.

Sent on 08/26/2017

Jesse · Married on 06/17/2017

Julie was amazing from day one! Very responsive on emails and very flexible espically around weather conditions! We had our engagment and wedding photos sneak peaks within hours on Facebook and I had my wedding photos in lighting fast time after my wedding!! Julie was like having a friend taking your photos not bossy like some other photographers out there! If you want amazing photos for a reasonable price check our Julie she doesn't disappoint!!!!

Sent on 06/27/2017