Julie K. Gray Photography Reviews

63 Reviews for Julie K. Gray Photography

• Bryanna

Bryanna · Getting married on 02/09/2022

Amazing photographer!

Julie was amazing to work with! Always responsive, full of great ideas, and able to capture beautiful shots. She not only traveled far for our wedding, but made both my husband and I feel really comfortable on our wedding day. She got gorgeous shots of details, portraits, group shots, and candids. You can tell she has a lot of experience as she got all the important shots I could have every wanted! Lastly, you can tell she is a true artist. She uses color, light, and angles all to her advantage which makes for gorgeous and unique photos. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/07/2020
  • Caitlin

Caitlin A. · Getting married on 11/13/2021

Wonderful Relaxed Engagement Shoot!

My fiancee and I are getting married in Vermont next year but really wanted to have our engagement photos taken in Maine this fall and wanted to have one photographer for both occasions. Julie responded to us right away. She was friendly, professional, flexible, responsive, and reassuring as we worked out scheduling and traveling safely during COVID. We ended up with a beautiful day for our shoot and, though we were nervous to be in front of the camera, Julie eased us in and made us feel comfortable and relaxed. She was game to figure out a couple of special shots we wanted and then had plenty of great ideas to fill in the rest of our time. She got our pictures back to us so quickly, and they are wonderful! We're so excited to have her with us on our wedding day next year!

Sent on 10/29/2020
  • Christina

Christina · Getting married on 09/20/2021

Photos were one of my number one important things for my wedding and working with Julie was AMAZING! She made us feel so comfortable while staying behind the scenes, I forgot she was there for some of the night. The turnaround was SO quick and our photos are more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. I can't stop looking at them. My guests keep telling me they can't believe how many guest photos she captured. She got EVERYTHING. Her style just lets you relive the emotions and excitement of the day. 10000% recommend her any day.

Sent on 09/13/2018
  • Andrea

Andrea N. · Getting married on 08/07/2021

Kindness and flexibility (plus a lot of talent) - a winning combo!

Julie is wonderful! Because of Covid-19, we had to move our reception to next year and to downsize our 2020 ceremony and Julie was very accomodating. She offered us several options, such as a reasonable "elopement-style" package to fit our shorter ceremony's needs or the option of using the engagement shoot time we had already paid for for this abbreviated ceremony. Seriously, so kind! She made what could have been a stressful time so easy and friendly. She clearly LOVES what she does and loves working with the couples she photographs.

Not only are her photos magical and effortless, she made my now husband and I (we are very awkward and shy in front of a camera) super comfortable on the day of and we hadn't even met her in person before. A true feat! She was warm, fun to talk to, and very professional while we tried to keep our August 2020 ceremony as covid-safe as possible. Looking at the photos from the day, I'm so impressed that she captured the joy and flow of our very traditional and socially distant church ceremony... Even though there was a lot of mask wearing and not many people there; I can hardly even tell because of her good eye and instincts - every shot is so beautifully done. We are just so pleased!
    I look forward to seeing her again in 2021 for our reception!

Sent on 08/25/2020

Anastasia H. · Married on 03/23/2021

Amazing!!!

Julie was patient outgoing and so helpful. We are horrible with posing and taking pictures. She was very knowledgeable and knew what best lighting would work and where to go around the park. She was also really fast with editing and keeping in touch to get the pictures back. Loved her!!!

Sent on 03/25/2021

Lucy C. · Married on 03/07/2021

Stop looking. Julie is the One!!

You have found the most talented and kind photographer on earth! Stop your search and say yes—she is the one!! My wife and I were so lucky that we snagged Julie to photograph our wedding. All our guests commented on two things: she was so nice, they never saw her taking photos, and the photos turned out SO INCREDIBLE. She has a style and maybe you think it’s not for you but I am telling you as a friend (well, a friend from the depths of the internet): don’t be an idiot. You are going to look astonishingly good in her photos and they will be beautiful and *elevated* and romantic without being cheesy in the least. You will get them fast and they will be incredible and you will sit there awash in blissful memories. Best of all, you won’t be standing at the altar with your not-Julie-photographer all up in your vow-zone thinking, why, why didn’t I listen to that one review????? I’m just thinking of you. I only want the best for you—and the best is Julie. Hands down.

Sent on 10/31/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie D. · Married on 10/10/2020

Stop looking and hire Julie!

If you need a wedding photographer look no further! Julie is simply the best! For starters, when booking, she was so accommodating to my terribly schedule and was so understanding when i had to reschedule and cancel things. There was a point where I almost had to change my wedding date and she was still so flexible and easy to work with! When it comes to taking the pictures she is just simply the best. Both my husband and I have never had these types of pictures done and we waited til the day before the wedding to do our "engagement shoot". She made this awkward pair feel so natural while not looking overly staged or fake. She was very accommodating and patient with our dog being involved as well. When it came to the wedding day she captured everything! More than I could even think of and she really knows how to work with the natural light that is provided, I never really think I look good in pictures but when I look at our wedding photos they are stunning. It is hard to pick my favorites as I just love them all so much. If you still need a wedding photographer do not wait and book her now! you will not be disappointed she is seriously the nicest, calm, most accommodating and talented photographer. 10/10 would recommend!

Sent on 10/24/2020

Katie B. · Married on 09/19/2020

Amazing!!!

Julie is so fantastic! We absolutely loved working with her, and she did a phenomenal job capturing all the special moments from our big day!

Sent on 10/09/2020
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 09/05/2020

Flexible!!

I had initially emailed a few photographers at the beginning of my wedding planning process and it became clear that photographers book up fast!! I frantically emailed every photographer in the southern to central Maine area to get their availability. The next challenge came with the shooting minimums, we really only wanted covereage of getting ready, ceremony, pictures after, and maybe an hour of the reception (5 hours in total). Julie was the only person willing to put a customized package together for me! This fit our need and budget. She has been extremely responsive in the planning process and I have no doubt the pictures will be beautiful, I feel like she totally got my vision after our first correspondence.

Sent on 10/02/2019

Jewel S. · Married on 08/22/2020

Nicest Photographer!!!

First of all Julie was such a kind, calm and just really nice person. Great qualities for a photographer to have especially on what could be a stressful day for some. Even wearing a mask the whole time you could still tell she was smiling:) We really wanted the day to be happy and joyful, and Julies kind and calm ways helped contribute to that. Though she was calm she also mixed that with super speed and efficiency especially with getting the formal pictures taken. We wanted to get those, but also not make the rest of our guests have to wait while we took pictures. She did really good at getting that done!
    The rest of the evening she was always busy capturing the day, and considering the circumstances with corona and masks did such a great job! Julie’s personality also comes through in the pictures she takes which are light and happy, just what we were looking for, and why we chose her.
    So glad we had her there to capture our special day!

Sent on 12/07/2020

Sarah L. · Married on 08/09/2020

Working with Julie was everything we hoped for!!

Working with Julie was a dream! We hired Julie to take photos for our 10th anniversary and they came out even better than I had hoped. Julie is talanted, professional, patient, and so lovely to work with!!!

Sent on 08/13/2020
  • Wendy

Wendy L. · Married on 05/23/2020

Our wedding perfectly captured!

Julie was a blessing to work with! Our original wedding plans were changed due to COVID, so we opted for a small elopement with our kids in Maine. Julie was flexible, quick to respond, and really helped us pull together a beautiful ceremony. She had recommendations for a ceremony site and at the last minute allowed us to add an extra photo shoot at our rental house before the ceremony. Julie was thoughtful with her photos and we are so very pleased with her artistic approach to capturing our day. She took so many beautiful candid shots and we treasure her photos as we relive our wedding. She managed to get so many amazing emotions of us and our kids. Julie was comfortable to work with and helped us to feel natural in front of the camera. She was able to edit them and return them to us within a week and we can't stop looking at our photos!

Sent on 09/03/2020

Shawn · Married on 10/12/2019

Absolutely amazing!

Julie is fabulous to work with! Not only are the photos wonderful but being able to trust her to get the pictures I wanted as well as keep the train on time was super helpful! She was even willing to jump on the ski lift to get a photo of us heading up the mountain (one of my favorites!). She is super prompt in returning emails and messages and I we got our photo back is so quickly (both engagement and wedding). I requested a second shooter for the wedding and Brett was a fabulous addition and Julie took care of all the logistics. I cannot recommend Julie enough! She is amazing!

Sent on 10/22/2019

Julia Z. · Married on 10/05/2019

Best photographer!

From booking to getting our edited pictures back, working with Julie was effortless. My husband and I aren’t super photogenic but she made us feel so comfortable on our wedding. Her humor and professionalism is unmatched. The pictures are gorgeous and we couldn’t have asked for a better vendor. We look forward to referring everyone we know to Julie and working with her in the future.

Sent on 10/11/2019
  • Rosie

Rosie · Married on 10/05/2019

Best photographer!

My husband and I are not comfortable in front of cameras. Julie was incredible, she captured our love genuinely, took flattering candids and posed pictures of our guests and did an amazing job communicating the joy of our wedding! We did an extra 2 hr engagement shoot after the wedding and got pictures that we’ll treasure forever. Julie was professional, low key, and got back with pictures in a few days!

Sent on 08/25/2020

Anna · Married on 09/28/2019

The BEST photographer choice for a simple and intimate wedding!

We booked Julie to be our wedding photographer the second we saw her portfolio. She was incredibly kind, thoughtful, and professional throughout our time with her. She really has a knack for capturing the essence of the wedding and those special moments that not everyone is able to witness on the big day. She was there throughout the day, but also had a way of blending in. She really took the time to make sure that we got all the photos we wished for, INCLUDING extended family shots of our very massive family. I couldn't imagine celebrating my wedding day without her as our photographer; it was simple, elegant, and intimate and she captured all of that in her photos. About a week after the big day, we received a wonderful gift in the mail from her with our photos on a USB drive as well as a gorgeously done book to store it in with our photo on the cover. It was a simple touch but really made the difference to us. A wonderful way to end the festivities, and something we will cherish for years to come. She definitely met all of our needs (and then some), and I'm sure she will for you as well! Thank you so much Julie!

Love,

Anna & Andrew

Sent on 10/25/2019
  • Tricia

Tricia G. · Married on 08/03/2019

Bride aug 3 2019

Julie is on top of everything. She is a natural artist and was able to nail the perfect shots in no time. She gave us the perfect guidance so that we didn’t have to run the show. She met with me for coffee beforehand to dream up the perfect day and then ran with it from there and I didn’t have to give it another thought. She is easy going yet able to easily run the show and corral the troops and keep things flowing smoothly—even at our family’s most chaotic moments! She told me jokes during moments of stress to keep me laughing through the big day. Her photos capture the spirit of the day and the personality of the couple and crowd! She is a supporter of love in all forms. Her fees are extremely reasonable for her talents and hard work. I would recommend her to everyone I know and love!

Sent on 08/29/2019

Peter G. · Married on 08/01/2019

Superb! Highly recommended!

Julie was an absolute pleasure to work with from start to finish. She struck a perfect balance between capturing intimate candid moments with family, while taking full advantage of the beautiful natural scenery where our wedding took place. We cannot recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 08/10/2019
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 07/13/2019

The BEST Wedding Photographer!

Jenna and I don't know where to begin in describing our experience with Julie. Readers, do not be fooled by the level of gushing that is about to happen in this review, as although overwhelmingly positive, it sincerely highlights the terrific work produced by this lovely photographer.

We first met Julie during our engagement photo shoot in the Old Port and Eastern Promenade in Portland. We live in Memphis, TN, and came to Maine to wedding plan and meet Julie. Despite being a busy weekend, Julie put us at ease immediately. The engagement session was terrific and she did a fantastic job of capturing our personalities and styles. Most impressively, she had the photos edited and sent to us the same day. The work was beautiful.

On the day of our wedding, we received the same level of care and professionalism from Julie. She did an impressive job of documenting all aspects of the big day - decor, guests arriving, the bridal party getting ready, ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Having seen her work through our engagement photos, we were completely at ease and trusting of Julie during the day of our wedding.

Julie had all edited photos returned to us less than two weeks after our wedding date. It was unbelievable and we were so impressed with the results. Although the wedding happened two months ago, we keep reliving the day through Julie's work. We can't recommend her highly enough and will be forever grateful we chose her to be part of this huge moment in our lives. Thank you, Julie!

Lots of love and gratitude,

John & Jenna

Sent on 09/29/2019

Renaye S. · Married on 07/12/2019

Amazing!!!

Our wedding day was crazy and hectic, and Julie showed up and just jumped right in without missing a beat. Perfectly captured our day, I loved every single image. Can not recommend her highly enough!!!

Sent on 09/01/2019

Tayler L. · Married on 06/29/2019

Beautiful Pictures

Planning a wedding is stressful, but Julie helped make the whole process easier. Her communication is great and she is so easy going. She is willing to assist in any way she can. I was floored by the beauty of our pictures. She took so many wonderful pictures and got them back to us in a timely manner. We are so happy we had Julie photograph our wedding. She captured memories we will cherish for years to come.

Sent on 09/30/2019
  • Caroline

Caroline T. · Married on 06/21/2019

EPIC! Creative!

Julie photographed our laid back intimate ceremony of 20 people. She captured candids perfectly. Our session of my husband and I was fun and the photos blew my mind!

Sent on 06/27/2019

Michelle · Married on 06/15/2019

Exceptional photos!

We had the best time having Julie as our photographer. She has a great personality and the pictures came out wonderful. She is flexible to work with and highly recommended!

Sent on 08/03/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah F. · Married on 06/08/2019

Julie was a dream

Julie is not only absolutely adorable but she was a dream photographer to work with. Truth by told, my now husband and I are not very serious people. We gave Julie complete creative control to capture the meaningful moments at our wedding. I can honestly say I'm not sure any photographer would have captured the joy at our wedding the way that Julie. The entire time she was there she felt like an old friend. My husband and I cannot thank her enough for the warmth and laughter she brought to the day. Julie you're a gem.

Sent on 06/22/2019
  • Jacob

Jacob H. · Married on 06/08/2019

The Best!!!

Julie was the best photographer one could hope for. Smiling and laughing the whole time and wonderful to work with. Goes without saying but on time and quick to respond to emails. Julie took many amazing shots of us on our wedding day at the Dockside in York, ME. She had shot there before and knew the location and vendors well. We had specific shots in mind that we wanted to capture throughout the night and she gave us those and more. I wouldn't have gone with anyone else for one of the most important days of my life! Thank you Julie!!!

Sent on 06/22/2019