Julie K. Gray Photography Reviews

Julie K. Gray Photography 6
Julie K. Gray Photography 7

Holman Wedding · Married on 10/13/2018

Julie Gray HIGHLY recommended

I wish I could rate Julie with more than 5 stars because it would be more like 500! :) Her attention to detail and her passion for her craft is evident in every picture she captures- a true artist. She is an absolute joy to work with, and made myself and my husband feel so at ease in front of the camera. We love how she finds the beauty in nature and incorporates it in her photos. She is extremely professional: quick to respond to emails, quick to process pictures, and quick to send them! I would highly recommend Julie, you would be so fortunate to have her as your photographer!

Meghan · Married on 09/29/2018

Beautiful Photos!

We had the privilege of working with Julie for our engagement photos and on our wedding day. She was more than happy/accommodating to meet with us in person to formally chat about plans, photos, etc. She was SO flexible and prompt with her communication (in general) but especially when it came to planning our spontaneously planned engagement shoot in the snow. She braved the cold with us and our engagement photos on Mackworth Island came out beautifully! My husband and I tend to be a little awkward in photos (and in life), but Julie was able to direct us to engage in certain poses that made it seem natural/effortless. We were also SO SO pleased with our wedding photos. Julie didn't miss a beat and captured everything beautifully, from her detail shots of our invitations/wedding bands to the crazy dancing photos. If we had to do everything all over again, we'd definitely choose Julie!

Julie K. Gray Photography 11
    Julie K. Gray Photography 16
    Julie K. Gray Photography 17
    Julie K. Gray Photography 18

Meghan · Married on 09/12/2018

Julie made us feel at ease, was extremely organized and very responsive. She knew the venue well and planned some great shots. I highly recommend her!

• Breana

Breana Malitsky · Married on 09/08/2018

Julie's photos are so dreamy!

Julie was an absolute dream to work with from start to finish! She is extremely responsive, and very flexible as far as timing and location. We hired her to do our wedding photos, and fortunately she suggested we do a quick engagement shoot as well. She was able to create a custom pricing package to meet our needs, and even suggested an amazing “first look” spot in Portland that we never would have thought of. All the photos she took are magical! She got us our full edit (over 500 photos) in only a few days. We’re so happy every time we look at her photos!

• Christina

Christina · Married on 09/01/2018

Photos were one of my number one important things for my wedding and working with Julie was AMAZING! She made us feel so comfortable while staying behind the scenes, I forgot she was there for some of the night. The turnaround was SO quick and our photos are more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. I can't stop looking at them. My guests keep telling me they can't believe how many guest photos she captured. She got EVERYTHING. Her style just lets you relive the emotions and excitement of the day. 10000% recommend her any day.

Julie K. Gray Photography 19
    Julie K. Gray Photography 26
  • Rachel

Rachel Herter · Married on 07/07/2018

Wonderful!

Julie is awesome. Really funny, super professional, really quick, and most importantly, cares about what you want and has a beautiful artistic eye. We're so happy with our photos :)

• Olivia Grace

Olivia · Married on 06/23/2018

Julie photographed our wedding and she was AMAZING! We got our photos back really quickly and they were perfect. We did our formal photos before the ceremony and it rained on and off up until about an hour before our ceremony, but Julie still made it work and was able to get beautiful pictures of us, our family, and wedding party. A great thing about having Julie as our photographer wasn't just how perfect the final product was but how easy she was to actually work with. My fiancé and I were really nervous about being awkward in our photos because we've never been professionally photographed before and we're both generally awkward in photos to begin with, but she made us feel completely comfortable the entire time. Even when she was photographing us getting ready with our bridesmaids and groomsmen, it never felt like we were being photographed and felt more like she was there hanging out with us as a friend. I highly recommend hiring Julie as your photographer for your wedding or really any special occasion.

Julia · Married on 10/27/2017

Julie is personal, warm and we instantly felt confident that she knew what she was doing (which was great, because we were complete noobs). She is organized, consistent, flexible and incredibly professional with her communication and services.
    We were thrilled with the photos. She sent us back so many amazing bride and groom photos we can’t decide which ones to frame. We also really appreciated how well she captured our guest, the ambiance of the venue and party and she did so without being intrusive or distracting. We didn’t get a videographer and I don’t regret it. Julie did such a great job of documenting the small details and curating great photos that tell our wedding story.

We were both shocked at how fast we got the photos back (less than a week) and were thrilled when she sent us a professional USB book/case that is adorable and personal. She has an eye for details and we will appreciate her work for a lifetime.

Could not recommend her more!

Chrissy · Married on 09/10/2017

My husband and I hired Julie to photograph our wedding September 10th and we cannot say enough fabulous things about her and her work. Her communication was fast, she was reliable (arrived to the engagement shoot site and wedding site on time, delivered our digital albums to us when she said she would, etc), and she was super friendly and made you feel relaxed and at ease in her presence. The quality of her work is tremendous (just look at her website and Facebook page), and her rates are very reasonable considering the quality of her work and the fact that the digital images are yours once delivered (no watermarks!). We recommend her without hesitation!

Jennifer · Married on 08/19/2017

Julie was fantastic to work with! She is professional, personable and fun. We had a large wedding party and she made us all feel relaxed day of the wedding. She found some beautiful and creative places for our photographs. Julie always responded quickly any time I reached out to her. She made every part of the process easy from communication, to scheduling, to payment. Her turnaround time is great, she even had the pictures ready for us to view online while we were still on our Honeymoon. Julie could not be nicer or easier to worth with, I highly recommend using her for your wedding!

Cassandra · Married on 08/11/2017

Julie was amazing from the engagement shoot to the wedding day! We had so much fun during the engagement shoot that my husband and I knew we made the right choice. About 6 months before the wedding we decided we wanted to have a second photographer (to get pictures of the men getting ready) and Julie made this happen with no issues! She was amazing the whole day of the wedding, helping keep me on time for the first look without making me feel rushed. The amount of beautiful pictures that we got from the wedding day was completely unexpected! We are having a hard time narrowing it down to even 30 pictures for a wedding album. As an added bonus we also got some really great candid shots of everyone at the reception which we can't wait to give to people as Christmas presents! Not only that but the feedback time was always faster than expected, ever email was responded to within 24 hours and almost always within an hour or two and it took under a week to get access to our finalized photos online after the wedding. You CAN NOT go wrong with Julie as your photographer for this very important day!!

Amanda · Married on 07/22/2017

Julie did such an amazing job at our wedding over the weekend! She made us feel completely comfortable and we couldn't be happier with the quality of work she did! We would highly reccomend!

Amanda · Married on 07/15/2017

Julie was a fantastic photographer with a whimsical style, making everything look so angelic and beautiful. She was so easy to work with. I am not comfortable in front of a camera, but she made me feel so at ease, even though we had never met until the day of my wedding. She was easy to work with, really patient with all the family portraits I wanted, even bringing the list I had sent her, making sure we got all the shots I requested. And there were many with my unconventional family! Julie made us feel comfortable and gave us good direction. She was very responsive throughout the process, worked with our tight budget, and posted a sneak peak within a few days, which was so exciting to see. She sent us an edited online album in a week (!). Her artistic ability is astounding and these are literally the most beautiful photos I could ever have of the best day of my life.

Jesse · Married on 06/17/2017

Julie was amazing from day one! Very responsive on emails and very flexible espically around weather conditions! We had our engagment and wedding photos sneak peaks within hours on Facebook and I had my wedding photos in lighting fast time after my wedding!! Julie was like having a friend taking your photos not bossy like some other photographers out there! If you want amazing photos for a reasonable price check our Julie she doesn't disappoint!!!!

Emily · Married on 06/03/2017

Julie was a joy to work with for our wedding. She was incredible professional and unobtrusive throughout the day. Julie was prompt and very attentive to the schedule we had, but also flexible and able to adapt when we were running ahead of schedule or behind schedule during the day. During our portraits, Julie took a mix of posed photos where she gave us some instruction, and photos where she just stepped back and captured moments without any instruction. Julie was nearly invisible throughout the day. She got beautiful photos of the details of our wedding and of moments at the wedding. She was incredibly easy to work with, listened to we wanted and made us feel as at ease in the awkward posed photos as possible. We didn’t do an engagement shoot, but I would recommend it, I think it would have made us feel a little more comfortable in front of the camera on the wedding day. Julie got photos back to us before we even got back from the wedding, we have full digital access is 3 days, and a thumb drive with all the photos within 2 weeks. We highly recommend Julie, she was great, easy to work with, and her photos were absolutely beautiful.

Brittani · Married on 05/27/2017

I cannot say enough great things about Julie. My husband and I are so incredibly awkward and she really made us feel comfortable in front of the camera. The shots are natural and romantic, beautifully composed and edited...she really is the best. Not only were the photos gorgeous and perfect, but she just radiated friendliness and warmth, our whole family loved her! Thank you again Julie, you made our wedding so much more special.

Monique · Married on 04/23/2017

Julie was amazing!!! We chose her for her talent to capture the candid moments of everyone and she did just that with our wedding! From the first contact with Julie, she was well organized, detail oriented and on board to make sure we got what we were looking for. She came through in an unbelievable way!
    Julie was great the day of our wedding too. She was never "in the way" or in the middle of everything yet anytime I looked up and wanted a specific photo, she was right there and willing to snap away. She would find certain lighting and pull us away for a few to take a some shots (which came out fabulous!!!) I recommend for any special moments you want captured. Another bonus, we got our photos back in less than 3 weeks!!!! :)

Danielle · Married on 10/08/2016

Julie was absolutely amazing! We could not of picked a better photographer for our wedding 10/8/16. She is very prompt with her responses, & we received our pictures so fast! She takes such beautiful, & candid pictures. Her attention to detail is amazing. On top of taking awesome pictures, she is very sweet & has a calming way about herself. If you are looking for quality wedding/engagement photos , she is definitely the way to go. Thanks so much Julie!

Angela · Married on 09/17/2016

Julie and her sister truly captured the beauty and love of our wedding on September17,2016. She truly made everybody feel comfortable and she was just a great person to work with! We are so happy and fortunate that we were able to work with her!

Kailey · Married on 09/03/2016

Julie was absolutely AMAZING to work with!! She provided a calm presence for the bridal party to feel comfortable while taking pictures. She truly was such a joy to work with! Her ability to capture the most perfect moments from our wedding left us speechless. She has such an amazing talent for color and capturing the most precious details of our big day. She truly made our wedding dream come true through her photos. I HIGHLY recommend her services!!! She's pretty awesome...really awesome, actually!!

Emlyn · Married on 08/20/2016

We were beyond thrilled with Julie's work! She made us feel so comfortable and it really showed through in the photos. Now two months after the wedding I still love looking through them all the time and am really happy we went with Julie. The photos look natural and beautiful and really help capture the scenery around us. One of my favorite things about Julie was how prompt she was to get the photos to us after the wedding. I have a friend who didn't see her photos until four weeks after the wedding, but that's not how Julie works! We had 30 shots just three days after the wedding,followed by all 600 of our shots just a week later.
    Please please work with Julie - she's amazing!!

Kaitlin · Married on 08/19/2016

Julie was the best wedding photographer for our Winter Harbor wedding. She is funny, easy-going, professional, and just INCREDIBLE at what she does. She was responsive and very thoughtful leading up the wedding. The photos arrived quickly, were beautifully wrapped, and were just perfect. We are so happy Julie was our photographer and would ABSOLUTELY recommend her!!

Sydney · Married on 08/06/2016

We were so fortunate to have Julie as our wedding photographer. Planning a wedding from afar proved to be stressful but communication with Julie was painless from the very beginning. She was quick to respond to emails and incredibly receptive to our ideas and wishes. Her photos, which obviously speak for themselves, are stunning. Her ability to work the entire space without you even knowing she is there was so critical for creating a comfortable environment. The turn around time on our photos was super quick yet the quality of the photos and edits didn't take a hit as a result. We can't say enough good things about her work as a photographer and her presence as a guest at our wedding. You'd simply be silly not to hire Julie as your photographer!

Mariel · Married on 06/25/2016

I feel SO lucky to have had Julie as our wedding photographer. She is such a kind and genuine person who perfectly balances easiness and professionalism. She made the entire experience fun (which really matters to us)! The pictures are stunning. I can't tell you the number of people who have commented on them. She perfectly captured our day and the feel of our wedding. I was hoping for just a few pictures I would love and instead have too many to choose from! The photos are natural and the lighting is gorgeous. I really am so thrilled. I would highly recommend choosing her for your special day!