Josefina Weddings & Events Reviews

Josefina Weddings & Events 6
Josefina Weddings & Events 7

Scott Schukart · Married on 03/30/2019

Married Bliss

Laura Kelly and her assistance Kate were a fantastic team. They jumped on board with our event and made the whole wedding day seamless and stress free. They were professional and helped coordinate every detail. We could not have been more happy!!

Sent on 04/03/2019

Aisha · Married on 02/15/2019

Exceptional wedding planners

I worked with Dana with Josefina Events to plan my wedding. I booked the "day-of" package, which really means that Dana is available to me 24/7 up to 6 weeks prior to the wedding date to fine tune all details. I could not be more thankful to Dana for all her work.

I planned a Pakistani destination wedding in San Diego. Dana was AWESOME. This was her first time coordinating a Pakistani wedding, but she was exceptional at making all my wedding visions come to reality.

4 weeks prior to my wedding, I had a family emergency, and was unsure until about 14 days prior to the wedding date if things would resume as planned. Dana was so reliable. While I spent my days and nights in the hospital visiting with family, she was my voice to all my vendors.

The day of the wedding, Dana came with a team of 3 to make sure that the wedding ran on schedule, and all my visions were realized. She was awesome. (by the way, the wedding ran AHEAD of schedule...which is unbelievable considering I had 200 guests)

She was patient with all my family members pulling her in all directions. She made sure my husband and I enjoyed our wedding. Thanks to her, I was so relaxed on my own wedding day!

Sent on 05/03/2019

Casey · Married on 02/04/2019

Absolutely amazing!

Josefina events saved the day! I needed a replacement for another coordinator who wasn’t working out. Dana was so sweet and understanding about the whole situation. She seamlessly took over only a few months before our wedding.
    Everything was perfect and exactly what I wanted! I am so happy we found Josefina events.

Sent on 12/05/2018

Casey,
    I am so pleased we were able to “save the day.” Thank you for taking the suggestion I gave for executing your same location flip from ceremony to reception.
    I loved that you entrusted Josefina Events to also create your dance floor with Mylar tape. That dance floor / ceremony aisle was exactly what wanted and needed at Sandbox.
    You and Mike were amazing to work with!
    With Gratitude,
    Dana and the Josefina Events Team
  • Roberta

Roberta Gibson, Mother Of The Bride · Married on 01/19/2019

The Best of the Best :)

Wonderful, Marvelous, Fabulous, Epic...Thank you so much Laura and your team for making this the wedding of Katie and David Dreams. Your attention to detail and seeing the vision that Katie and David had was overwhelming, the vendors you referred us to were the best and the venue couldn't have been any better, your emotional support was very much appreciated. To sum it up.....we hit the jackpot when we brought you into the mix and we think of you as family. We will definitely keep in touch with you and fill you in on every event that happens in Katie and David's life. You are without a doubt the best of the best and we love you for all you have done :)

Sent on 01/25/2019
    Josefina Weddings & Events 8

Josefina Weddings & Events's reply:

To say working with your family was amazing would be an understatement. I was honored to have the opportunity to bring Katie and Dave's vision to life and tell their story through their beautiful day. However, when you get so lucky as to have an MOB that is appreciative, kind and respects my professional opinion I would say it was a match made in heaven. Feels like I am writing you a review, Roberta! We love our clients. They truly do become family. Hope you are still enjoying the "high" from the wedding. XOXOX Laura
  • Jenny

Jenny Thai · Married on 01/18/2019

I love working with these AMAZING coordinators!

As a wedding photographer professional, I always spot the difference between a good and bad wedding coordinator, and let me just say this... this team delivers AMAZING execution every time!! I loved working with Dana and Jackquelyn. They're both make my clients feel so much at ease because they literally take care of every detail in a professional manner.

I've never worked with wedding coordinators as involved as they are. They emailed the schedule out timely with every detail so that I would be ready. During family photos, Dana even stepped up to help me coordinate the crowd and got them excited for their turn, haha! We shot at the Tom Ham Light house and during the portrait session, and she was so involved in helping the bride with her dress and making sure we have enough time for different locations. She never rushed and made sure the bride and I got enough photos during the session.

Jackquelyn is so attentive to all her brides and would think of things they wouldn't think of. She helped hunt and line people up for the ceremony in a timely manner. She made sure all the vendors arrived early and everything was set up so early, I didn't have to wait long to do detail shots of the reception. These coordinators know what they're doing have great attention to all details!

Sometimes brides/grooms think they don't need a coordinator/planner and can handle the process themselves, but its absolutely crucial. Weddings can present stressful moments, but these ladies have the BEST attitude in staying calm, professional, and upbeat! They have positive energy and are always working hard on their feet. I love them , my brides love them, and we highly recommend their services!

Sent on 01/18/2019
    Josefina Weddings & Events 9
    Josefina Weddings & Events 10
    Josefina Weddings & Events 11
    Josefina Weddings & Events 12

Jenny,
    It’s always wonderful to team up on weddings and events with you. Your flexibility and continued communication through out the planning process and the day of is so appreciative! Thank you again for letting me be your voice for the best set up for grand entrance and all things that matter for the photos. Gathering that family photo was some effort and I thank you for allowing me to assist in any way possible. We cannot wait for the stars to align to work together again!
    XOXO,
    The Josefina Events Team
  • Y

Yesenia Miranda · Married on 01/05/2019

Dana is the the best in the business, hands down!

From day one, Dana was great to us. When we did the venue walk-through she helped us paint a picture of where everything would go. She coordinated the tasting, which was a very sweet and memorable experience. From those early stages where we are figuring out so many big decisions, she was always there for us and so supportive, always having helpful recommendations, but never being pushy.

The wonderful recommendations for vendors from Dana were perfect and I can’t imagine anything better that our A-team (Whimsey Florals, Holly Ireland Photography, Blush & Adore and DJ Preston). She was incredible in confirming every detail with the vendors, making it so easy for us. We didn’t have to worry about a thing.

Dana managed the rehearsal perfectly, and helped us all through that process and it made for a perfect day-of. We all felt very prepared going into the wedding day.

A big part of this process was that we were planning this wedding from the east coast, and we honestly cannot imagine how we would have been able to pull this off without Dana. She made the whole process so easy and fun - whenever we communicated with her, we always ended up feeling much more at ease.

Dana was an excellent communicator, and effortlessly juggled so many moving parts (and fielded dozens of emails from me) always being prompt in her response.

Dana executed the day-of perfectly, from all the specific logistical details to the big elements of the wedding. It was extremely challenging because it rained on our wedding day, and our wedding was supposed to be outside. Dana helped us through the adjustments and when we had to relocate our ceremony inside, she pulled off a beautiful setting for us - we wouldn’t have changed a single thing. The execution of the timeline was flawless and her management of the onsite deliveries and setup was great.

Every single step of the way, Dana was there for us. She is clearly an extraordinary wedding planner, and truly has a gift. Dana was able to instill confidence in us every step of the way, and we always felt like no matter what, she had everything under control. It’s obvious that Dana is second-to-none in her profession, but beyond that she is a kind, funny, thoughtful person who truly cared about making sure we had the best day. We really bonded with Dana, and it made a difference to have someone managing our wedding day that genuinely cared about us. It was a true pleasure having Dana be a part of our special day, and she has our highest recommendation!

Sent on 04/05/2019

Tara · Married on 11/10/2018

Love this wedding planner!

I highly recommend Laura and the entire team at Josefina Weddings & Events for your wedding planning!
    I originally had met with a few other planners who I just didn’t click with, and I was getting a bit panicked. Then I found Laura and I knew I had found the right person! I felt a kindred spirit in Laura - super buttoned up but so warm and friendly. Even if you only are using someone for the Day Of package, you will be spending so much time in communication with your planner and you just want to make sure they “get you” and your individual needs. Laura got me and had my back every step of the way. She gave me advice on everything from party rentals to tipping etiquette and everything in between. But here is how she is unique. She listens. She has so much good information and advice, but she has not forgotten that this is your day. She will listen to your individual wishes and desires and help you make them a reality. Laura was my sounding board and champion. I liked how upfront she was about what each package offered, and she helped customize a package to meet my needs. Besides managing all the to-do’s like creating my timeline and coordinating my vendor deliveries/pickups, she and her team went the extra mile in so many ways… and she was always so positive and fun to be with. I am so amazingly grateful that I found Laura, Dana, Ashley, and the entire Josefina Events team! Xoxo

Sent on 12/02/2018

Josefina Weddings & Events's reply:

Tara, the honor was all mine, to be a part of your and Matt’s most memorable day. This review goes both ways as I was luckily enough to have an incredibly organized and responsive bride. You did an incredible job creating an amazing day full of happy faces (inside joke) and gracious guests all singing your praises. We love what we do at Josefina Events and appreciated the acknowledgement. With love, forever your planner, Laura , Dana and Ashley
  • W

Wendy Canchola · Married on 10/20/2018

Exceeded expectations

My daughter chose Josefina Events to be her ”day- of wedding coordinator”, and we could not have been more pleased, and actually over-impressed by the experience last weekend. Dana became very involved a little over a month prior to the wedding, and exceeded all our expectations. Our daughter is very detail-oriented and had a vision she had worked on for 10 months. Dana understood completely what was needed to make her day what she had dreamed of, and overcame every hurdle for us. She and Jackquelyn were there for the rehearsal, handled all decorations and staging, and had all vendors organized. From the moment they arrived on the wedding day to the very end of the evening, their calm demanor and thoughtful actions and hard work took all the stress off of our families and the bride, and allowed us to have an amazing, fun, worry-free, magical wedding and reception. They seemed to be everywhere at once, handling anything that came up, but always calmly and discreetly. I can’t say enough about these two capable, caring women.

Sent on 10/25/2018

Wendy,

Jackquelyn and I loved working with you, your family and Ruby. Thank you for trusting Josefina Events to keep everything running smoothly. We are happy that you were able to live in the moment during the whole wedding day. Ruby and Dylan's wedding was magical and we had a great time with all your vendors as well as yourself through out the process.

Ruby · Married on 10/20/2018

The ABSOLUTE BEST choice you'll make for your wedding day

Dana made our wedding day absolutely perfect. I planned most of our wedding, and we hired her for the month leading up to the event, and it was the best choice! I live up in Northern CA, so Dana and I spoke on the phone, and I could tell she was the right fit just from our conversation. I met her and Jackquelyn for the first time at our month-prior walkthrough, and they immediately jumped into all the details. Dana and Jackquelyn lent their expertise to the overall layout, table settings, day-of timeline, and other key details, keeping my vision in mind throughout.
    I was out of town on a work trip the weekend before our wedding, and there were a lot of situations that came up last minute that needed to be resolved with other vendors, and Dana stepped in and handled everything seamlessly, and I was so grateful! Not only did Dana and Jackquelyn handle the vendor communication and coordination, but they also brought my vision to life. I spent months creating my decorations and envisioning how it would all come together, and Dana and Jackquelyn executed it even better than I had imagined. I’m very particular person and I wanted things a certain way, but I had so much confidence in Dana and Jackquelyn that I let them take the reigns on some of the setup, like our sweetheart table, and it turned out gorgeous! On our wedding day, I was able to relax and didn’t worry about a single thing (which is saying a lot!) thanks to Dana and Jackquelyn. They handled EVERYTHING, from coordinating vendor arrival, setup and teardown, to setting up all the decorations, working with the catering team, and ensuring everything was PERFECT until the very end of the evening. I can't thank Dana and Jackquelyn enough for making our wedding day magical. It was truly the best day of our lives, and Dana and Jackquelyn with Josefina Events made that possible.

Sent on 11/17/2018
  • Austen

Austen · Married on 08/30/2018

I don't even know where to begin with writing this review... My husband and I felt so blessed to have found Dana with Josefina Events to coordinate our specail day.
    We believe that the wedding wouldn't have turned out as amazing as it did without her. She was so easy to work with and really made all my visions come to life on our wedding day. Everything from the church ceremony to the end of the reception was so well organzied and put together. Dana really went above and beyond the call of duty when it came to contacting her before the wedding. The last couple of weeks is about the most nerve wracking and she was always there by my side having my back with anything that came to mind. Dana also worked very well with all our vendors for the wedding and took total charge of the wedding day which I can't even begin to explain how thankful i was for that. Everyone was so relaxed the day of the wedding.
    One memorable thing she did for my husband and I was at the end of the night when we got back to our room she had our florist Laura with Bluebell Florals and the hotel staff set up a romantic setting fo us.
    All in all we highly reccomend hiring Josefina Events for any event you have coming up. They really know what they're doing.

Sent on 09/19/2018
    Josefina Weddings & Events 13
    Josefina Weddings & Events 14

Austen,
    The best is yet to come for you and Dominic. We all loved your wedding vision and your choice in vendors. Your vendor team nailed it which means you nailed it! Thank you for accepting our many suggestions and letting us handle your wedding day so you, your bridal squad and family could live in the all the amazing moments. We adore you both and know you will have a blessed life together.

• I

Imelda · Married on 07/28/2018

The thought of having to plan a wedding while attending my last year of graduate school was an immediate stressor! Being in San Diego we looked into some venues in Mexico and everything was just falling through. We had even considered postponing the wedding or eloping considering that he was starting graduate school as well and we just started to get discouraged. Luckily for me, I found Josefina Events! After one call with Laura, I immediately felt at ease and knew that with their help we could make it happen! My husband and I decided to go with the Meet me Halfway Package since we knew we were going to need a lot of direction. We also asked if they could assist us in finding a venue since we were both of steam. Dana immediately took the reigns and started our venue search and it's all history from there! Dana helped us find our perfect venue and also kept us in line with our budget. The planning process was beginning to become more enjoyable and stress-free. She assisted us with all the vendors and revised contracts. Communication between us was outstanding! We met several times throughout the process as well to make sure we were all on the same page and to follow up with any questions that we might have had. A month before the wedding she took over all contact with vendors and I was able to really just enjoy my bachelorette party and the pre-wedding pampering. The day of she made sure all vendors were on time and kept our timeline on point! Our wedding was truly everything we had wished for and more! Dana and Laura definitely came through and made our wedding the best it could have possibly been. From setup to breakdown everything worked out perfectly. I know that we would have never been able to pull that off and stay on budget! Dana made the whole process so much fun and her passion for this work really stands out through her actions and commitment to her brides. We will never ever be able to thank you ladies enough for all of your hard work!!

Sent on 09/20/2018
    Josefina Weddings & Events 15
    Josefina Weddings & Events 16
  • I

Ian · Married on 07/20/2018

There is no way we could have pulled off such an amazing wedding day without Dana and the team at Josefine Events. Dana was on top of EVERYTHING! We were so worried leading up to the big day that it wasn't going to come together. 30 days out Dana contacted all our vendors and started making sure everyone was briefed on how we wanted the day to go. Day of our wedding could not have gone any smoother!!!! Dana helped make our wedding so memorable and stress-free! Thank you!

Sent on 09/20/2018
    Josefina Weddings & Events 17

Josefina Weddings & Events's reply:

Thank you again Ian for trusting us to execute your wedding day vision. We absolutely loved your energy and choice in design. Thank you again for being amazing clients.

Betsy · Married on 07/20/2018

We are so happy to have hired Dana and Josefina Events for our wedding day. Our venue required us to use multiple vendors and rentals, and when it became apparent that we did not want to be the contact person the "day of," we immediately began looking for a wedding planner. Upon meeting, Dana was so warm, caring, professional, and thorough, we hired her immediately for "The Month of Planning" with confidence. All I had to do was fill out a spreadsheet of who I hired, and forward my contracts, she took care of the rest. As the month approached, I was pleasantly surprised when I reached out to her to check in, and she responded that she had already connected and confirmed with all of our wedding vendors! From that huge sigh of relief onward, our wedding planning process was a breeze. Dana was accessible, responsive, and creative in every question or concern we threw at her. We did not have to think or stress about anything...Dana created a timeline for us to follow, and confirmed with all the vendors, making changes if necessary. And the day of...it was magic! She was onsite to manage all vendor deliveries and setup, and setting the stage for the most beautiful and personal wedding, having her on our side was such a relief so we were able to enjoy our day. We did not have to think of anything. From gently reminding us where we needed to be and when, to the small details, like moving items to the reception site, and placing our florals, no detail was ignored. I remember at the end of the night being so thankful to Dana and her team, for all the behind the scenes work to make our wedding day the most memorable and enjoyable day. She works so hard, so that the wedding couple can enjoy their celebration and fruits of their planning and preparation. We would not have been able pull off such a beautiful wedding had it not been for Dana and Josefina events. We highly recommend them to everyone planning a wedding or event!

Sent on 09/25/2018
    Josefina Weddings & Events 22
    Josefina Weddings & Events 23

Janet Medina-Stephens · Married on 06/15/2018

Stress free

Dana was so great to work with both the day of our wedding and the months before. The day of our wedding we did not have to worry about anything, it was truly stress-free thanks to Dana. She made sure everything went smoothly throughout the day from ensuring we took the time to eat to making sure all of our personal items were put away at the end of the night.

Sent on 11/12/2018

Ashley · Married on 06/10/2018

Highly recommend Josephina events to ensure a smooth wedding day! Dana was an excellent communicator and responded to all emails promptly. I loved her layout of the tables and chairs at all 3 locations of our venue. It was amazing to be able to leave all of the communication between vendors to Dana so I didn’t have to stress about the small stuff. There were no mishaps during the wedding except for when the caterer didn’t have the salads ready in time. Dana calmly handled that situation by suggesting we do the dances first as to allow more time for the caterer to prepare the salads. Nobody noticed that anything had gone “wrong”. It was the perfect save! So appreciative to have had such an awesome team to make my day exceptional. Thank you Dana, Jackquelyn, and Sydney!

Sent on 07/25/2018
    Josefina Weddings & Events 24
    Josefina Weddings & Events 25
    Josefina Weddings & Events 26
    Josefina Weddings & Events 27
    Josefina Weddings & Events 28
    Josefina Weddings & Events 29

Josefina Weddings & Events's reply:

We are so pleased that Josefina Events was able to let you enjoy your wedding. You both are ideal clients. We loved your calmness and appreciation through out your planning process. Your custom arch piece was amazing!
    Live in the moment and enjoy your first year as husband and wife.
    -Josefina Events Team

Michelle · Married on 11/25/2017

Creative, dedicated, and professional!

To say Josefina Events is the absolute best would be an understatement. Working with the ladies of Josefina Events to make my wedding the day of my dreams was truly a blessing. Jackquelyn made everything about the planning and execution of our wedding as easy and seamless as possible. From the very start, I was given a list of reputable vendors to cover every aspect of my wedding--from flowers to an awesome DJ. I had a last minute cancellation with my original flower vendor and Jackquelyn was able to quickly find me a new florist who fulfilled every aspect of my vision for my wedding florals.

I also appreciated how Jackquelyn kept in frequent contact with all of my vendors from the day of booking to the day of the wedding. Everything was expertly coordinated so that vendors were arriving in a timely manner, with no detail lacking.

On the day of our wedding, Jackquelyn put my mind at ease by managing all vendor deliveries while also coordinating the set-up and breakdown of all of our reception decor. Not only did she set-up all the decor so that the reception was dreamy and elegant but Josefina Events also contributed numerous pieces to the decor as well. They created a personalized corn hole set-up, welcome sign, backdrop for our sweetheart table, beverage sign, and a few other signs to add a special touch to our wedding decor.

Jackquelyn also perfectly executed our timeline so that each special moment was happening in a timely fashion to keep our wedding guests thoroughly engaged. I loved how she paid special attention to what we wanted to include in our reception so that the timeline created was exactly what we had envisioned.

Thank you to Jackquelyn and the team at Josefina Events for being warm, welcoming, creative, and dedicated in the planning of our wedding. Our wedding day is a day we won't forget and we are forever grateful for the huge role Josefina Events had in creating our special day.

Sent on 10/31/2018

Sarah · Married on 11/18/2017

Dana is not a coordinator - she is a Coordinator Extrordinaire! My husband and I had done most of the planning ourselves but as the wedding date got closer, things became more and more overwhelming. We needed guidance and we needed help and we needed it ASAP. Since our wedding was a beach ceremony followed by a reception on a rooftop terrace there were many logistics to go over. My now husband (best fiance ever) actually was the one that contacted Dana and hired her on the spot. He had been given her name by a coworker who also had a stressed bride and it's not wonder. From the moment Dana got involved everything changed. I began enjoying the process again and getting excited instead of anxious. We hired her for the Finishing Touch package so she started a few months before. She responded within 24 hours and had every detail nailed down to perfection. Not only was she incredible in the planning stages but on the day of it was like I had a personal concierge. She just "gets" brides! Both her and her assistant , Andrea, orchestrated the day and were hands on from beginning to end. I think if Dana had not stepped in I would have not enjoyed the day. I hope this review makes an impression on brides. A coordinator is not a luxury - its a necessity! Thank you Dana and Andrea! Its been 4 months and my husband and I are still talking about what a life saver you are.

Sent on 11/21/2017

Jacqueline · Married on 11/05/2017

I was recently married in La Quinta, CA at my parent's home. I can honestly tell you I have been dreaming about my wedding day every since I was a little girl. At first, I thought I could plan the wedding for 150 guests with the help of my mother but as we began to plan we realized there are way more pieces to the puzzle than we had considered. Although, I did include a planner in my budget I realized that the time and energy (not to mention stress) I would be saving myself would be well worth it. BEST DECISION I EVER MADE! I worked with Laura and contracted her for the "Meet Me Halfway" package. This package allowed me to be heavily involved in the fun stuff but let a professional navigate the waters and guide me, helping me with budget planning, layout design, hiring vendors and oh my gosh there was so much more. When it came to the day of I honestly felt like a princess and my wonderful mom felt like a queen. We literally just enjoyed it and were able to be in the moment. I didn't have to think, answer questions, stress of any kind. My groom keeps telling everyone I was the easiest best bride ever but the truth is, if I didn't have Josefina Events, especially Laura it would not have gone that way. My wedding was 3 weeks ago and I am still on Cloud 9. Laura is worth even more then she charges and the cost I spent on the planner was nothing compared to what she saved me with vendors and sanity. She is amazing and I will forever be grateful. Seriously, do yourself a favor. Stop the research and hire Josefina Events!

Sent on 11/20/2017

Josefina Weddings & Events's reply:

Jaqueline I am SO happy to hear that you are still living on Cloud 9! Your day was incredible and seeing you so happy made me so happy. I'm getting post planning sadness since the whole experience felt like working with family. Thank you for being such wonderful people throughout the process, you, your HUBBY, MOM, DAD, the whole crew was a delight. I'm so glad I got to be a part of it. Can't wait to see the photos.

Melissa · Married on 10/28/2017

I was recently a bridesmaid at my friend's wedding at Hyatt Mission Bay. I have been in several weddings over the last 5 years, some in which my friend's hired coordinators and others in which they didn't. In my own wedding, I didn’t hire a coordinator and if I had the opportunity to go back in time, hands down I would hire Josefina Events. I had the BEST time at my friend's wedding and I realized it was because of her incredible planner, Dana Blancaflor. As bridesmaids we tend to try to do everything we can to make the day special for the bride. I have been in weddings where the bridesmaids literally set up every detail for the reception after getting hair and makeup done (not ideal!). I would do anything to make my friends’ day special, but The experience is so much more enjoyable for everyone involved when you have a planner who takes care of business. Dana put together an itinerary for the wedding day that made the whole day run smoothly. Everyone knew where and when they needed to be and it took all of the guess work out. As a bridesmaid, we were able to be focused on pampering the sweet bride with love. After this experience, I highly recommend hiring Dana Blancaflor with Josefina Events. Weather you need a planner or a day of coordinator, she’s your girl! I have to also mention that Dana has the best personality and everyone in the wedding party instantly felt like she was family. She was passionate about making sure that everyone had a phenomenal day. Thanks Dana! Check them out at www.josefinaevents.com

Sent on 11/23/2017

Natalie · Married on 10/21/2017

Josefina Events know the ins and the outs of planning a wedding! They came organized and prepared.
    I was the matron of honor at the wedding, but I saw how they made my best friend's day an amazing day.
    Laura and Dana made sure the day went effortlessly. They offered great advice and different options about every LITTLE and BIG details that go in a wedding. And always let the Bride and Groom have the final say.
    They were soooo calm and well put together the day of the wedding, It made me feel so comfortable.
    Laura and Dana are so sweet! I highly recommend Josefina Events if you want someone that cares about you and your special day!

Sent on 12/28/2017

Natalie,
    You were an amazing Matron of Honor. We loved that you were on the same page as us in making sure your girl was taken care of. She always had a drink in hand or a smile on her face.

Kelly · Married on 10/21/2017

I can't imagine my wedding without Laura and Dana of Josefina Events! Josefina Events was recommended to me by a friend of mine who used them as a coordinator for their wedding, and I am so glad I took their advice.

I planned most of my October wedding myself, but since my wedding was going to be at my parent's house in their backyard, I felt I needed a day of coordinator to help me bring everything together and handle logistics. At the time of hiring JE, I couldn't have imagined the amount of work tying everything together would have been, but because I had Laura (and Dana day-of) everything came together seamlessly! Laura provided just the guidance we needed to make our ceremony run smoothly, hosting a rehearsal the day before, and handled all communication with vendors 10 days before the wedding, allowing me to relax and prepare for the big day. Laura also gave me advice on how to handle some requests I had for my vendors before her services officially started, which was extremely helpful in making sure everything ran smoothly.

Day of, her and Dana were amazing - their help ensured that no one from my family (or my husband and I) had to do anything except enjoy ourselves! Josefina Events comes highly recommended by me for event planning needs. I would hire them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 11/10/2017
    Josefina Weddings & Events 30
    Josefina Weddings & Events 31

Josefina Weddings & Events's reply:

Kelly that pleasure was all mine! You were such a delight to work with and as you know, I am obsessed with back yard weddings! The entire wedding was flawless and you were a dream to work with the entire time. Your smile radiated all night and Dana and I could not have been prouder to be chosen to help orchestrate such a memorable day for such a FUN LOVING couple. 5 stars goes to you my dear for being an incredible bride. Thank you again for entrusting us. Love, Laura and Dana

Barry · Married on 10/14/2017

As a wedding professional, I have some standards that vendors I hire would need to meet. Laura at Josefina Weddings is one who exceeds my expectation. Laura lead my own wedding this weekend and she was impeccable. She had every detail handled and took our simple ideas and made them grand. She took control of all our other vendors and created a seamless evening that was beyond what I imagined. While everything moved at the proper pace, she was completely in the background, pulling all the strings. I will recommend Josefina Weddings and Events to everybody who needs a top professional for their wedding.

Sent on 10/17/2017

Josefina Weddings & Events's reply:

Barry - It was an absolute HONOR to have been chosen to plan and execute your wedding. I know you had several different people to choose from and knowing that you and Linda entrusted me was so flattering. The winery was a spectacular choice for a California Couple! Much love, Laura

Linda · Married on 10/14/2017

Laura (Magid) Kelly has to be one of the most knowledgeable and professional wedding event planners and coordinators we could have ever had for our wedding. Everything went so smoothly and my husband and I had a great time and remembered every moment of our best day ever thanks to her expert planning, advice and suggestions. We so highly recommend Laura; her work ethic, thoughtfulness, sense of humor and smile truly inspired my confidence, joy and bliss on a day that meant so much!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Josefina Weddings & Events's reply:

Linda, working with you was not work. Your laid back personality and loving nature made me want to make sure everything was perfect and that you received your PERFECT day. The mexican hat dance will forever be one of my favorite wedding memories and I am still dreaming about the mashed potatoe bar. Love, Laura

Sara · Married on 09/02/2017

Josefina Events did our wedding on 9/2/17. Dana was our lead coordinator, and she was AMAZING. So were her assistants. There was nothing more we could have asked of them. They made sure everything ran smoothly from start to finish, down to every detail, with Dana even keeping track of my lipstick all night for when I needed to re-apply! Ha! Another really great thing about Josefina Events were their prompt responses when you contact them. With the stress of planning a wedding, this really puts a bride's mind at ease. Josefina Events did a spectacular job!! I will be personally recommending them to all future brides and grooms that I know!

Sent on 10/27/2017

Josefina Weddings & Events's reply:

Thank you so much for the glowing review. The table scape you designed with "Flowers by Azhar" were breathtaking! The Rancho Bernardo Inn is one of my all time favorite locations for the classic and timeless bride.
    Love,