José Rolón Events Reviews

José Rolón Events 2
José Rolón Events 3

Nicole · Married on 07/06/2019

Partial Planning Package

Working with José Rolón Events made our wedding planning experience amazing. We leveraged the Partial Planning Package and Jose, Lesley and Team were so helpful in creating our dream wedding! Can't thank them enough for making sure everything was perfect!

Sent on 07/30/2019

Michael · Married on 06/09/2018

Jose and his team quite literally changed our lives! We hired him for full planning of our wedding back in June of 2018. Not only was he incredibly organized and professional, he also had such a calm and reassuring personality. As the inevitable stress of the wedding came up, Jose was a steady and calming force throughout it all.
    The day of was magical and went off without any problems, large in part to Jose's expert organization and planning.

If we were to do anything different, we would've hired him sooner!

Sent on 10/12/2018
    José Rolón Events 4
    José Rolón Events 5
    José Rolón Events 6

Caitlin · Married on 11/18/2017

Working with Jose was the best decision we ever made. My husband was nervous about the idea of working with a wedding planner but after our first meeting with Jose my fiance looked at me and said "I love him!" And from then on it was just the most incredible relationship. Jose is calm, collected, has incredible taste and always knows how to help, in every situation. He helped manage the incredibly overwhelming wedding industry - for every vendor we had to choose he gave us three options to choose from and I always knew that we could trust his suggestions. He helped us navigate our budget and helped make decisions when they seemed to be coming from all angles. But more than his wedding planning abilities - which are unparalleled - his demeanor is what makes him truly an amazing person to get to know and work with. He is just the type of person you want by your side every step of the way. He is warm, calming, even-keeled and loving. He is incredible with all types of personalities - from siblings to mothers to mother-in-laws. He is loved in the industry for good reason. He is just the BEST. We cannot recommend him more highly.

Sent on 01/09/2018

Christina · Married on 07/08/2017

We are so happy that we decided to book Jose and his fantastic team for partial planning for our wedding on July 8th 2017 today The Foundry. Once the coordination of renting everything with many different vendors set in and became overwhelming, we knew we needed help from someone who knew the venue best, and I couldn't think of someone that fits the bill better than Jose. He was more than an event planner, giving us advice, suggestions and answering any questions we had leading up to the big day. Not to mention he is a really cool guy that we all enjoyed getting to know and hanging out with. We received so many compliments from our family and bridal party on how smoothly everything ran thanks to Jose! Not to mention, I wasn't feeling well the night of the wedding which was upsetting to begin with, and Jose was right there with me with seltzer water and Tums making me feel better the whole time! And somehow still making sure everything went smoothly. He has everything in his magic "kit" including a Tide pen which did come in handy too :) All in all, thanks to Jose and his lovely team we were able to truly enjoy our wedding worry free. Trust is, it's worth every penny! This is your wedding, hire someone who is a true professional. Thank you Jose!!!! Love, Christina & Derek

Sent on 07/30/2017
  • I

Isabel · Married on 10/08/2016

There aren't any words I can write to express how happy we are to have met Jose and have him as part of our special day. Jose and his assistant Annie were the perfect planners from start to end. They were completely on top of everything and listened to all our needs/wants to make sure we had the perfect day. They also had great ideas and added little personal touches we never could have thought of ourselves. They have relationships with the best vendors and put together a real dream team for the day of. Jose has an awesome personality and a very calming demeanor which was much appreciated during such a stressful time. Not only did we have the perfect wedding, but we gained a lifelong friend as well. Can't recommend Jose and his team enough!

Sent on 01/13/2017

Dan · Married on 06/25/2016

We did full planning with Jose for our wedding at The Foundry on June 25th, 2016. It was an absolute pleasure to work with Jose and Team from beginning to end. The Foundry is an amazing venue, but requires a lot of work and imagination since it is an open event space. Jose helped us turn our vision into reality and guided us along the process the entire time. He has great relationships with all the top vendors which made all the decisions we had to make so much easier. He is extremely well organized and made sure we were on time and on budget as worked through the process. On the day of, Jose kicked it into another gear -- everyone from bridesmaids to family members loved him and he made sure we were completely at ease, well fed and stress free on our big day. We were able to barely think about the logistics of a big event and just enjoy the moment. We can't recommend him enough - unbelievable planner and the best decision we made throughout our wedding planning process was picking Jose Rolon Events!!

Sent on 08/29/2016

I can’t say enough wonderful things about José Rolón and his amazing team! As the MOB living in Philadelphia while planning a NYC wedding, a full service planner was a must. My daughter and son-in-law had limited time and entrusted me with many of the details. José was great about working directly with me but keeping the bride and groom in the loop and involved. He is ALWAYS calm! He and his team are incredibly detail oriented and gave us fabulous recommendations for all vendors we used — caterer, florist, photographer, videographer, etc. José was particularly helpful in securing a block of hotel rooms for our out of town guests. I mistakenly thought at least that would be easy.

The best part of working with José, though, is José! He is kind, funny and a joy to be with. We didn’t just get a wedding planner, we got a wonderful new friend.

Sent on 01/09/2018

Aaron · Married on 10/31/2015

On the eve of our one year anniversary I feel it apropos to share with you all, our truly unforgettable experience.

As a couple who could self-identify as “high maintenance” throughout the entirety of the wedding planning process, believe me when I tell you that José Rolón was as integral a part to the resounding success of the event, as any ring or vow could be. José played the role of orchestrator, friend, and confidant from the first moment that we all sat to speak about the overall vision for the wedding, through the day of the affair itself, and still now holds a truly special place in the very fabric of our relationship.

It would belie the truth to attempt to extol José’s numerous virtues into a small box of written words. What you will quickly come to realize however, is that José is far more than just the guy who ensures the cake shows up on time, or that you don’t trip over yourself during your first dance. He is a man who genuinely cares for his couples, which is exemplified in each and every interaction you will have with him. A man who is passionate about bringing your dreams, however farfetched they might seem, from a thought in your head to a tangible reality. A man who fully understands the gravity and importance of every aspect of the day, and would move heaven and earth to ensure all the stars align for you.

Over the course of the wedding planning process, you will be presented with an infinite amount of decisions, both large and small in scope. Some will shape the ultimate direction the big day will take, and some you will wonder why you ever wasted a second with in the first place. There is without reservation no better person to help you navigate all of that, and everything in between than José.

Sent on 10/30/2016

Laura · Married on 09/07/2015

We did full planning with Jose Rolon for our wedding. Working with Jose was a wonderful experience. First and foremost, he is a very nice person who is fun to be around. He has a family and we loved getting to know him. We came to him with a vision of a slightly unconventional wedding that was still refined and heartfelt. He suggested vendors he knew and trusted, all of which were of exceptional quality and helped shape our vision closer and closer to a reality. His team kept us organized, on task, and on budget, all of which are extremely difficult to do when planning a wedding. On the day of our wedding, Jose was more than thorough, professional and everything went off perfectly. He was on top of everything, made sure all of the family members and guests were taken care of and that we (Ryan and I) had everything we needed! He was the best decision we made after picking our date! I am so glad we used him and only hope to have another event in the future, that we could have an excuse to hire him for!

Sent on 11/05/2015

Emma · Married on 08/15/2015

Jose was absolutely amazing. We hired him as a month-of planner, and honestly I do not know what I would have done without him. He went so above and beyond what we hired him for - sending me vendor recommendations and giving me advice months before he was even scheduled to fully take over.

When the month of the wedding finally came around, Jose seamlessly took control of all of my vendor contacts and I did not have to even think. He made an easy to follow timeline for me and my bridal party and coordinated everything for the whole day. On the day of our wedding I did not have to worry about a single thing, and the few requests I had on the day of were taken care of immediately. I could not have asked for better!

Most importantly, it was so great to work with such a kind, passionate, funny person who made me feel like our event was incredibly special and important to him. It is rare to meet someone who not only impresses you on a professional level but also on a personal level. Thank you, Jose!!! -Emma and Dave

Sent on 09/16/2015

Marjorie · Married on 08/15/2015

As an out of town mother of the bride, I chose Jose Rolon for our month-of planner. My daughter and I were so happy we chose Jose! Jose is extremely organized, reachable, pleasant, and the consummate problem solver. Besides being involved in every detail (if needed!), Jose is intuitive about what the couple wants overall, having gotten to know the bride and groom. There is much more to being an event planner than just organizing and planning. For the day to be enjoyable, and express the "vibe" of the couple, there must be a momentum to pulling all of the details together in a cohesive way. My daughter and son in law's wedding flowed beautifully, and our guests told us afterwards how "elegant and fun" it was - not an easy balance to achieve, which could not have been accomplished without Jose's expertise. Jose is a joy to work with - our entire family loved him, and felt extremely comfortable asking any questions, etc. My only regret is that in retrospect, and having gotten to know Jose, we should have engaged his services from the start (not only for month of), so that we could have had more time with him! He is an integral part of our wedding memories and made it a great day!

Sent on 01/24/2016

Andrea · Married on 08/08/2015

If you want a low-key, cool, professional wedding planner/coordinator, Jose is your guy! I'm pretty Type A and wanted to handle a lot of details myself. He knew when to push and when to be hands off. On the day of the wedding, he was such a calming influence on me an my entire family. everything went off without a hitch thanks to Jose and team. And the inevitable things that went wrong, I never knew about and he just handled impeccably! He is the best and we would highly recommend him to any couple getting married in NY! No nonsense, no huge entourage, just hard work, a great eye and a great personality...exactly what you need on a such a stressful day.

Sent on 11/11/2015

Anne · Married on 07/18/2015

José Rolon and his team made every moment of our wedding the perfect experience for us and our guests. Leading up to the wedding, José was as helpful as can be, with the best advice, constant availability and responsiveness, and such a great energy to be around that planning felt way more like a joy than a burden. I loved receiving José's emails leading up to the big day--he anticipated every moment and need and choreographed all of our ideas into the perfect timeline and setup.
    Our wedding party loved working with José at the rehearsal, which set the tone for all of the fun that was to come. On the day of the wedding, José and his team were simply perfect and so lovely to be around. I will always remember spending the day with my bridesmaids and José, who always was ready with champagne, snacks, jokes, wardrobe help and whatever else we could need--my friends loved having him around and people kept telling me that I was the most relaxed bride ever--that's all thanks to José!
    Throughout the wedding, my husband and I were able to have the time of our lives, and truly enjoy the wedding with our guests, because José left nothing to worry or even think about. He got along wonderfully with all of our vendors as well as our families and friends, all of which made for the most awesome wedding-energy imaginable.
    José Rolon is the best wedding planner you could ever ask for, but, more than that, he is also a wonderful person, which I think is what really brought our wedding to the next level from great event to great experience. Thank you so much, José!!!

Sent on 11/04/2015

Carly · Married on 05/30/2015

To say that we wouldn't have had such an amazing wedding without José is an understatement. The truth is, we probably wouldn't have had a wedding at all if it weren't for José and his incredible team.

José helped plan my brother's wedding so when I got engaged, hiring José was a no-brainer. Neither my husband nor I had any idea what we wanted for our wedding. Thankfully, José held our hands through the entire process. He understood that we didn't want too many options so he narrowed down the vendors for us. He gave us just enough choices to have a variety but not enough to overwhelm us. Our venue was a blank canvas so we had to bring everything in, which meant not only picking the vendors, the menu and the floral arrangements, but also the table linens, serving trays, utensils, etc. The result was a group of vendors that had a better sense of our tastes than we had ourselves and a wedding that suited us perfectly.

When we went to pick up my husband's suit two days before our wedding and the tailor had made the shirt out of the completely wrong material, José stepped in. I woke up the next morning with a text from José with a picture of potential fabric alternatives and by that afternoon, a courier was delivering a new shirt (made out of the correct material) to our apartment. People remarked how calm we were on our wedding day. The reason for that was José. We knew that we didn't have to worry about a thing because José and his team had it covered.

José became a member of our family and while we don't necessarily miss the wedding planning process, we do miss seeing José on a regular basis.

Sent on 12/28/2015

Rebecca · Married on 12/13/2014

Jose was absolutely one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Even though we hired him as our "day-of" coordinator, he went far and away beyond that. From helping us coordinate all of our various vendors to creating the most detailed timeline to dealing with last-minute changes to answering my mom's millions of questions/emails/calls to coming to our rehearsal dinner the night before to run through a ceremony rehearsal to corralling our 21-person wedding party, he was truly invaluable to making our day perfect. Jose did everything from wheel my husband’s grandfather in his wheelchair to take out my veil out when it was time to party! I felt completely calm and stress-free the entire weekend, and that's only because I knew that Jose was handling any issue that came about. In fact, there was a crisis involving our band being too loud and the owner of our venue threatening to shut down the entire wedding. But Jose took care of it without mentioning a word (and I didn't even find out about it until WAY after the weekend was over). In addition to being professional, he is one of the warmest people I have ever met. He is fun and just a complete joy to be around. His assistant, Angela, is also wonderful and was amazing to work with as well. I really am so thankful to them and would recommend to every bride out there to hire Jose Rolon!! It will be the best money you spend for your wedding, I promise!

Sent on 12/22/2014

Rebecca · Married on 12/13/2014

Sent on 12/22/2014

Jose and Angela were a great team to work with! They were responsive, thoughtful, reliable made the day of just perfect. Even with a lot of moving parts they were calm and collected. Their execution was great and looking back I don't know how people have weddings without them!

Sent on 12/08/2014

Dara · Married on 10/03/2014

Too bad the rating only goes to 5, would love to give him a 10 for each category! Jose is a LIFE SAVER. Words cannot express the amount of stress he single handedly took off of my shoulders. I didn't worry about one thing on my wedding day, he (and Angela) had it all taken care of. He dealt with all our vendors and worked seamlessly with them. He even communicated directly with my mom to take all her questions away from me! He answered all of my emails promptly and gave me many helpful tips. He knew the venue inside and out and seemed to know (and love) all of our vendors. He hooked us up with his choreographer, Ranardo, who choreographed our entire first dance. Jose is an amazing guy with great attention to detail. He checked in on me while I was at my hair appointment and set the mood at the hotel where all the gals were getting ready. He was able to make us feel extra special on our wedding day and we really appreciated all the work he put towards making our day perfect.

Sent on 10/14/2014

Brendan · Married on 08/23/2014

We feel very lucky to have found jose, who was with us every step of the way to ensure that our wedding went smooth. This was no easy task since our venue was an hour an half outside of the city and we had guests from japan. True to form though, Jose delivered an amazing event.

We will forever be grateful for our wedding that jose helped us plan, execute and enjoy.

Sent on 12/09/2014

José and his staff and recommendations really made our wedding happen. From the big picture organization to the small details fixing my wife's dress, he was excellent. He made sure that we knew where to be just a few minutes before every major part of the event. He did a great job coordinating with all of the other vendors, so that everyone knew the schedule. We even forgot to bring home the left over wedding cake and a few things from the venue, and graciously, he retrieved them for us a few days later. I can't thank him enough for making our wedding work!

Sent on 12/11/2014

Adrienne · Married on 08/02/2014

We decided to use a wedding coordinator because of the stress it would take off. On our wedding day, we opted to use the services of Jose Rolon Events. This decision proved to be one of the best we made as far as any vendor we used for our big day! Upon meeting Jose in the late spring of 2014, our gut instantly said he was the right person for the job. His calm demeanor, organization and positivity made us sure we would be in good hands on the best, but also most stressful day of our lives. Leading up to our wedding day, Jose assisted us with constructing a perfect timeline that exceeded our expectations, and allowed for time together as a couple, and also time to spend with all of our wedding guests (270 to be exact!). Even when the threat of rain was upon us, Jose quickly came up with a successful alternative of Grand Central Station for photos instead of the wet grass of Central Park. When my husband's blazer lost a button, Jose and his assistant Angela were on the task immediately ameliorating the issue. Angela also sewed my bridesmaid's misfitted dress just hours before walking down the aisle. In a word, the services of Jose Rolon Events were "perfection," and allowed us to feel completely secure and able to enjoy our wedding day to the fullest. From 7am until the last guest left the party, Jose was by our side and he and his assistant delivered our cards and gifts right to our apartment door and wedding suite.
    I would recommend Jose Rolon to any friend or family member in the future enthusiastically, and without reservation.

Sent on 12/15/2014

Sara · Married on 07/19/2014

Put simply, Jose was the best. We didn't think we needed a wedding planner, but I don't know what we would have done without him. He made the planning process simple and an absolute breeze. Plus, he was super responsive and reliable. Finally (and most importantly), he's so kind and fun, and he's someone who is impossible not to genuinely like and care about. So glad he was able to be a part of our wedding, and I'd recommend Jose Rolon events for ANY large event!!

Sent on 12/09/2014

Kate · Married on 06/20/2014

I absolutely cannot recommend José enough. We signed up for José’s Full Planning package and it was the best money we spent for the entire event. José’s expertise and relaxed attitude make him the ideal person to have at your side as you plan what has the potential to be a very stressful event. José is responsive, knowledgable, flexible, thoughtful, generous, patient and loving. I guarantee you will not regret the day you book José as your planner.

I’ll give one example that I think says it all. Five months before our wedding, my dad was diagnosed with cancer. Two months before our wedding, it became clear that unless we moved the whole event, my dad would not be able to attend (let alone enjoy the party) because of the timing of his radiation treatments.

After an emotional night dealing with this realization, my first call in the morning was to José. Literally within hours, José had dropped everything and rescheduled the entire event to the day 2 months later when my dad would be feeling well enough to attend. When I say he rescheduled the whole event, I mean, the whole event. The venue, the caterer, the photographer, the band, the florist, the photo booth, our hotel room. Everything. We did not loose a single vendor and they all waived the change fee (we had the most wonderful vendors, they were all incredibly kind and understanding - not a coincidence, they were all José’s recommendations). That was the moment I realized that José was a superhero.

I guess I’m biased but I’m pretty sure our wedding was the best wedding ever. José made the whole thing run like clock work. I didn’t think about a single detail on the day of, knowing José had it all under control. And best of all, my dad and I were able to have our father daughter dance.

José is a miracle worker. I’m looking forward to the day he releases a package for full service life planning, not just wedding planning. I’ll be the first to sign up.

Sent on 08/17/2014

Deena · Married on 05/25/2014

I can't say enough good things about Jose. He was so helpful with the wedding planning and always had creative and practical suggestions. He was a pleasure to work with. He is fun an responsive and was always available to answer even my silliest questions. Having there on the day of the weeding was amazing/ He handled everything and the vent was so smooth I just enjoyed the day. I would recommend him without any hesitation.

Sent on 11/04/2015