47 Reviews for John Wright Restaurant

Liability Insurance (1)
Set Up (1)
Wireless Internet (1)
47 John Wright Restaurant Reviews

Our day was incredible! Molly was amazing and she helped us with everything thoughout the whole stressful process. We had so many guest come up to us to complement how beautiful everything was and how it was one of the best weddings they’ve been to. Thank you John Wright for make my wedding dreams come true!

Profile Picture Brittany, 3/16/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Limited Bar, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Bridal Suite, Liability Insurance, Outside Vendors, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor

We got married at John Wright on 2.18.18. John Wright Restaurant was the perfect venue for Michael and I. We absoutely loved having our ceremony/reception there. From the initial meeting with Molly Cook we need this was the place. Molly Cook was absolutely amazing, she went above and beyond. She really made everything so easy for us. The food, atmosphere, friendly staff was on point that day. They really took care of us. It was worth every penny ! I highly recommend John Wright for any wedding/event.
We also had our rehearsal dinner the night before down in the dining area. The food and service was excellent. Our guests loved it! John Wright Restaurant is one of a kind!!! Thank you again for a wonderful experience and being apart of our special day! Michael and I will forever cherish the memories at John Wright on our wedding day!

Profile Picture Nyrel , 2/18/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I couldn't be more happy with my experience at John Wright! My wedding reception was everything that I hoped. Molly was always timely with e-mail responses and very accommodating. The staff during the reception was professional, courteous, and friendly. Many of my guests commented about the lovely facility, the great quality of the food, and how much they enjoyed themselves. I highly recommend John Wright as a wonderful reception venue!!

Profile Picture Holly, 12/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Amazing! Wonderful! Attentive! Worth every penny! Molly and her team worked very hard to make all of our dreams a reality! Thank you!

Profile Picture Barbara, 12/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

AMAZING Venue! Everything was perfect! Molly was on top of everything from beginning to end and made sure everything ran smooth on the wedding day. Molly was awesome to work with, down to earth and very organized. I wouldn’t have changed a thing about making the decision to celebrate our wedding day at John Wright!

Profile Picture Autumn, 11/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

John Wright is an absolutely amazing venu. We knew the moment we walked in that it was the place for us. A beautiful space that really can stand up on it's own with minimal decoration. The location also makes for some very beautiful pictures. The food was delicious and they worked with us to give us exactly what we had wanted. Molly was so helpful throughout the whole process from late night questions to standing in for the pastor when he couldn't come to the rehearsal. We really couldn't have done it without her. Overall we were so happy with our experience here and couldn't have imagined getting married anywhere else.

Profile Picture Abbey, 11/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding was absolutely beautiful and perfect in every aspect! However, our sanity was saved thanks to Molly being there every step of the way! We wouldn’t change a thing except for wanting to do everything all over again!

Profile Picture Andrew, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I know it seems very cliché to give a 5/5 rating, but JWR truly deserves it. We signed our contract with them more than two years ago and just got married on 10/13. Molly stayed in touch with us the whole time, was always available to answer questions and met with us anytime we felt it necessary. After our food tasting, there were a few things we wanted to change and JWR did so with no problems. Just a few weeks before our wedding, we changed a bunch of things up and Molly didn't miss a beat! The day of the wedding was perfect. Molly was our day-of-event coordinator, too. She kept us on schedule and made sure everything went smoothly. The bartenders, servers, EVERYONE involved made our day a dream come true. Thank you, Molly and thank you, JWR for giving us the wedding we had always imagined.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Jordan, 10/13/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

John Wright was a beautiful venue for our daughter’s wedding. The service we received, the personal care taken by Molly- everything was wonderful. My husband and I as well as family and friends- old and new - enjoyed the food and ambiance. As the mother of the bride, all my fears and trepidations were secured in Molly’s careful hands. I would recommend JWR for any event.

Profile Picture Yvette, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I got married here on 10/06/17. It was absolutely PERFECT! We had our ceremony out on the lawn with the river in the background. It was just like a fairy tale we had perfect weather and lighting. Our reception was in the River Room above the restaurant, and there are not words to describe how beautiful it is. It has a rustic feel with a little bit of glam which is exactly what we were looking for. The food and service throughout the entire day was incredible. We were very privileged to get to work with Molly through the entire process, from planning to day of. She is absolutely incredible. She made sure everything was planned to detail and went without a hitch. I got my dream wedding and it would not have happened without JWR! I HIGHLY recommend them as a venue for a wedding, party, or just to have dinner. I could not have asked for more!

Profile Picture Kristen, 10/6/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Bridal Suite, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Tastings, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Indoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor

It was an absolute pleasure having my wedding at the John Wright Restaurant. The affordability and the professionalism of the staff, especially our wedding coordinator Molly, made it worth every penny. The venue is inherently rustic and beautifully, making decorating much easier than other places. I planned the wedding from across the country and couldn't believe how well everything fell into place. The view of the Susquehanna and the bridge was breathtaking and our guests are still complimenting us on the venue. A huge thank you to Molly for accommodating us so much before, during, and after the wedding and all of the staff at JWR for making our day so memorable!

Profile Picture Sasha, 8/12/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Tastings, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Bridal Suite, Outside Vendors, Bartender(s), Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor

We could not have asked for a better venue, coordinator, and wedding day! We worked with Molly at John Wright and she was absolutely phenomenal. She ended up being our day-of coordinator as well and we couldn't have been happier. Throughout the ENTIRE process, she was quick to respond and completely accommodating. She truly had our best interest and it was clear that she wanted the day to be great for us. John Wright was a beautiful venue and you just can't beat the flexibility, especially of being able to stay longer than 10pm. We will forever reminisce on the fantastic day that we had.

Profile Picture Emily, 6/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I have nothing to say but great things! The venue was beautiful and Molly was wonderful leading up to and through the day of the wedding. Highly recommend!!

Profile Picture olivia, 6/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

As a wedding florist and coordinator myself, I thought all the excel speadsheets, diagrams for styling, and pre-planning would keep everything in line. What I didn't realize until it was my day was all the demands and questions I would have along the way. Molly was amazing and worked with me and my assistants the day-of to allow me to feel like a BRIDE. The venue was super accommodating to my vision and requests. My guests are still raving about the ceremony views and industrial-glam atmosphere created inside. I will continue to recommend this venue to my brides :)
**To see photos of our day, visit my business Facebook page: everyone deserves flowers.

Profile Picture Amanda, 6/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our rehearsal dinner here in the large room on the second floor and it was magical! We had about 100 guests and there was room for everyone to mingle. People were stunned at the gorgeous view from the private deck overlooking the Susquehanna River and took tons of photos! The food was served buffet style and was very good - much better than we had expected for a buffet! Everyone loved it! Molly was excellent to work with and got back to us so quickly any time we contacted her, which we sincerely appreciated. I would HIGHLY recommend this GORGEOUS location for another rehearsal dinner or a wedding or any other special occasion where you really want to WOW your guests and also have a great team of nice people to work with while planning.

Profile Picture J, 5/27/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had our ceremony on the lawn of John Wright and our reception in the River Room. Our experience was amazing from start to finish. We had the opportunity to work with Molly, she was accomodating and professional throughout planning. Her honesty and willingness to help made us feel like we were in good hands.
The day of the wedding, Molly and her assistant stepped in as our day of coordinator due to an emergency. They were both attentive and made the events of the day flow smoothly.
In the early stages of planning, we were nervous about John Wright because of the outdoor diners and our plans to have an outdoor ceremony. However, we were married at 4pm with very few diners sitting outside we didn't even notice. The space is incredibly verstile and fit perfectly for our amazing wedding.

Profile Picture Kira, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I had our ceremony and reception at John Wright Restaurant on September 4, 2016. Molly was our coordinator from day one and was very easy to work with. She has a great personality and always made sure we were getting exactly what we wanted on our wedding day. She answered my million emails in a timely manner and always greeted us with a smile. Andrew was our day-of coordinator and was awesome. He made sure that everything was on-time and as scheduled as well as made sure we had everything we needed. We had our ceremony out on the lawn by the river and the view was absolutely gorgeous. Our reception was upstairs in the River Room which is gorgeous! It’s very rustic [exposed wooden beams and brick walls] and was more than enough room for our 150+ guests. We also loved the HUGE [private] deck that our guests were able to take advantage of the whole night. The food was amazing and the service was top-notch. The surrounding area is very industrial, which is GREAT for pictures. I will forever recommend John Wright to all brides-to-be. Thank you Molly, Andrew, and the entire staff at John Wright for making sure we had the most perfect wedding – you all rock!

Profile Picture Becci, 9/4/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine

We chose John Wright as our venue for our October 2017 wedding and we could not have made a better choice!! Not only is the venue stunning, but the staff is so accommodating and truly cared about our vision and helping to create our dream wedding! From the day we booked JWR -- Molly was attentive, accessible and incredibly fun and easy to work with! She had our best interest at heart from the beginning from requests, to questions, to advice! Jim & his team totally exceeded our expectations! The food was outstanding, the wait staff was professional and attentive and the bartenders were amazing as always! I would highly recommend John Wright as a wedding venue not only for the beautiful river view but for the amazing and thoughtful people behind the scenes!

Profile Picture Emily, 5/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

It truly is hard to find people today who are passionate about making other people's visions become realities. Molly and Kierston at JW are two people who embody that passion. From Day 1, Molly worked with us to get us exactly what we wanted while being able to stay within our budget. My wife and I had - as typical as it may sound - the perfect wedding thanks, in large part, to the JW Restaurant. Kierston made herself available throughout the entire day and was excellent at communicating with us throughout the reception which helped make everything run smoothly. The staff was prompt, professional, and polite to our guests. Kierston and the staff were so good that anyone hardly noticed all the hard work they were doing! They made everything run seamlessly.

Our guests complimented us on every aspect of the venue and the events during the evening. This most compliments were about the food, with many guests telling us that JW had the best wedding food they had ever eaten! The JW Restaurant - and more importantly - Molly and Kierston were definitely the "Wright" choice and there is no way that our wedding would have been nearly as great without their guidance during the process. I would highly recommend the JW Restaurant for all of your wedding needs. There are no better planners and is no better venue location in the Greater Lancaster Area! Thank you so much Molly, Kierston, and the JW Restaurant!

Profile Picture Ryan, 4/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), House Wine, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Indoor, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Stations, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bridal Suite

We had a fabulous night at our reception there. Food was exceptional and all of our guests kept telling us about it. They did signature drinks for us and people raved about it. Our planner, Molly Cook, and our day of coordinator, Kiersten, were fantastic and made sure that we had everything we needed. I felt no stress on my wedding day about making sure everything got done and whether we were on schedule. I wouldn't change anything about my experience with them!!!!

Profile Picture Kristin, 4/2/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This review will never convey how happy I was with the work the individuals at John Wright did for my wedding. They were so accommodating to our budget, our dietary needs, and guests! Like many people, I've never planned a wedding before, but I have attended quite a few and my main concerns were food, and making sure my guests were taken care of. We have received countless compliments on the dinner that was served, and comments on how the staff conducted themselves so professionally throughout the night. They worked well with my other vendors, and everything felt flawless. We had our ceremony and reception in the River room and it was beautiful. I couldn't be happier with their work!

Profile Picture Jessica, 11/7/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bridal Suite, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, House Beer, House Liquor, Open Bar, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor

I am so happy that I booked my wedding with John Wright. It was not only affordable, everything was beautiful and my day was seamless! I highlight recommend John Wright for your ceremony and reception!

Profile Picture Madelyn, 9/26/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Parking, Wheelchair Access, Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer

Loved this venue! My wedding was perfect. The staff was so amazing! They were all so professional and wonderful. Couldn't have asked for more!

Profile Picture User6336482, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Bridal Suite, Uncovered Outdoor

My husband and I chose John Wright as our wedding reception venue and we were astounded with the results! We were very pleased at how easy it was to work with them and how they helped along every step of the way. The number of meetings to coordinate all details and extras was perfect and as a bride made me feel better each time we met. The food was absolutely delicious and the location was beautiful! All of our guests have been raving about how professional and prompt the service was. We would definitely recommend using John Wright as a reception venue!

Profile Picture Erin, 9/12/15, 4 Reviews