47 Reviews for John Correll Professional Wedding DJ Services

Uplighting (5)
Liability Insurance (2)
Disco Ball (1)
47 John Correll Professional Wedding DJ Services Reviews

John did an absolutely wonderful job on our wedding day! Not only did he keep the dance floor going all night, he acted as a coordinator to make sure everything was on time and that everything was taken care of. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ! He is the most organized person ever, which is extremely helpful! You will not regret choosing John for your big day!!

Profile Picture Olivia, 6/16/18, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

John goes above and beyond to make sure everything goes smoothly! He sets up early, double checks everything from important songs (by sending you clips via email prior to the big day, then double checks the song names the day of for each special song), double checks names of wedding party, double checks timelines, he kept us on track throughout the night. Best of all, he kept the dance floor SO FUN! John knew the perfect songs to play to keep everyone having a great time; he could read the guests and the dance floor perfectly. I would highly recommend John's services.

Profile Picture Kara, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

John is the best! We hired him to DJ our wedding, and he goes above and beyond. We received so many compliments on the music! He was very organized and patient, keeping everyone on time with reminders for special dances and speeches. He even brought me a cocktail once we were seated for dinner. We are very thankful that we hired John for our wedding!

Profile Picture Kelly , 5/18/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I don’t even know where to begin. From being very responsive and incredibly helpful in planning to offering to get drinks for us at the wedding, I couldn’t ask for any better. John was over accommodating, extremely organized, professional, incredibly friendly and so helpful. If you want the best of the best, John's your guy.

Profile Picture Melissa, 11/19/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Where do I even begin to start with John? From the beginning he has been easy to get a hold of and has responded to all my questions and comments so quickly. We talked for about 30 minutes the week before the wedding to get all the last details figured out which was comforting. Fast forward to the actual wedding and I can honestly say he was worth every penny and then some. John showed up early to set up his equipment and ensure it was all working. We had a brief discussion before the ceremony started to make sure we were on the same page and from then on he ran the show perfectly. John would always come talk to us any time anything big was about to come up so we were prepared, he even would give us warnings such as 5 minute warning before cake cutting. This was something we found so helpful because it gave us time to wrap up what we were doing and prepare for what was to come. Also John had every type of medicine you could need behind his DJ booth as he was giving my new wife cough drops throughout the night which was extremely helpful!

The best part about our wedding was that John knew how to keep the mood going. We had a lot of guests who liked to dance and let me tell you John knew exactly what to play and when to play it! He made the evening extremely special and we are both so happy that we went with John for our wedding DJ. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is having a wedding in this area. He was extremely professional, responsive, funny, and all around fun. If you are looking for a DJ I would say look no further because you just found the perfect wedding DJ!

Thank you John for everything you did for our wedding! Couldn't have asked for a better DJ!

Profile Picture Conner, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

John was the DJ for our wedding and he was awesome to work with. Deciding which DJ to book was no easy task, but we could not have been happier with how it turned out. John was very responsive throughout the whole process and very professional. We had a very extensive playlist and do not play list and he was very flexible in downloading everything that we asked to play. You can tell he really cares about you having the best night possible. Throughout the day/evening he was on top of everything. He arrived plenty early to get set up and was flexible in moving some equipment, when the set up wasn't what he originally expected. My friend was our officiant and John was proactive at getting on the same page as the officiant so that the ceremony went off without a hitch. He also acted almost like a coordinator the whole night. He always confirmed if we were ready for key songs/moments in the night and gave us 5 minute warnings when things were about to start. He did the same for our photographer and coordinator so that everyone was on the same page and no shots were missed or nothing went off schedule. Even our day of coordinator mentioned to us how great he was to work with. The music was great the whole night and I got multiple comments about how good it was and how the dance floor was great the whole night. We would recommend him to anyone and were very happy to work with him.

Profile Picture samantha, 10/7/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System
4.7

John provided "double-duty" for my daughter and son-in-law's wedding -- We were looking for a reception DJ and got so much more! He worked with my daughter and provided suggestions to help guide her with selections. John provided processional and recessional music for the ceremony and offered speakers and microphones so everyone was able to HEAR the entire outdoor ceremony! He collaborated with our wedding planner to synchronize the ceremony and the reception details -- very professional, organized AND reasonably priced! I would recommend him to anyone hands-down!

Profile Picture Sherri, 9/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

I have known John for several years, and when it came time for my own wedding, I knew he would be the perfect DJ for my special day! John is very professional, yet knows how to engage guests by keeping the music going. He is very easy to work with, and makes your special day a priority. He goes above and beyond to make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible, and your chosen music is exactly what you want. I would recommend him to anyone.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/22/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

John was absolutely fantastic not only on our wedding day, but in the months and weeks leading up to our big day. John was always so quick to respond to emails and was incredibly organized. The day of the wedding, he helped keep the wedding party on time and on track, and was a huge help throughout the reception by announcing dinner, speeches, etc. I would recommend John to anyone looking for a professional, experienced DJ!

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

John was helpful in answering all of our questions, and he was attentive to the guests, as well David and I. My older brother was being a little annoying, and John handled it with professionalism and tact. I also got sick after dinner, and he made sure no one noticed. He was helpful before, during, and after the wedding. I did a lot of research when hiring a DJ and I'm so glad I picked John!

Profile Picture User6477507, Recently Married, 1 Review
Category: DJ

John did an amazing job . He was very good at getting back to emails. Answering questions and being punctual. Very professional. I would highly recommend John as your DJ

Profile Picture Allison, 8/20/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I cannot say enough about how wonderful John was.... from our very first contact to our very last dance, he made everything flow so well! John has been doing weddings for years and it shows! He helped us to plan the flow of our day, made sure each special song was exactly what I wanted by sending sample clips, let us have a lengthy request list, showed up plenty early to set up, coordinated with my officiant to make sure everything would go smoothly, set up the ceremony sound, kept us on track with the introductions, speeches, dances, cake cutting, and garter/bouquet toss, AND most importantly he kept us dancing and having the time of our lives ALL NIGHT LONG!!! If you want the full package of a dj and the security/comfort of knowing your night will be perfect, look no further as John is your guy!! Thank you so very much for making our night absolutely perfect!

Profile Picture Megan, 8/19/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

I can't recommend John and his DJ services enough.
From our first meeting with John, he radiated professionalism. His incredible attention to detail and, extremely-reasonable pricing led us to choose him, and I couldn't be happier that we did.

John maintained constant contact (with amazingly quick responses) throughout the months leading up to our wedding.
He walked us through his comprehensive song selection process, starting with a short questionnaire and recommendations. Once we'd provided John with our selections, he sent us clips of each choice to ensure they were the correct versions of the songs that we were looking for.
John called us the week prior to our wedding to go over a timetable for the big day and confirm correct pronunciation of the names of everyone in the wedding party. He also ensured that he'd help make sure things stayed on schedule, which took a big weight off as we didn't have a wedding planner or coordinator.

John arrived HOURS early to set up his equipment and help with deliveries/setup. He gave consistent time and schedule updates throughout the day and helped keep things on track and going smoothly. He even set us up personal fans for both of us at the head table to keep us cool!
As for his DJing: the emceeing and music selection couldn't have been better! John played the perfect mix of new and classic music while sprinkling in the perfect amount of slower songs. He kept the dance floor packed and the party going until we had to call it quits.

Working with John was truly refreshing. He went above and beyond any expectations I had of what a wedding DJ could be, and was there for us for anything we needed him for. I will be recommending his services to everyone that I can.

Profile Picture Justin, 7/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Great DJ and John was a pleasure to work with! He played a great selecton of music and was very professional.

Profile Picture Kim, 7/15/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

John was great from the first email until the end of the evening, when we left. He was quick to respond to questions about the area to finding hard to find songs for us. Everything he coordinated was wonderful! His value was exceptional and our reception would not have run as smoothly without him being there!

Profile Picture Miranda, 7/14/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

John was the absolute best! We were able to relax and enjoy our day because we knew that John was taking care of everything. His professionalism, reliability, and communication far exceeded our expectations.

Profile Picture Brooke, 6/30/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

If you are looking for an accommodating, talented & truly professional DJ at a good value look no further. John communicated with us every step of the way & made it so easy for us to have exactly the music we wanted for our wedding reception. He played everything we wanted & made sure that the evening kept on track & ran smoothly. He did over & above what I would expect in a DJ-taking my dinner plate to the table for me & just checking in through out the evening to make sure we were having a great time. Our guests commented on what a nice gentleman he was. We totally agree. Would definitely use his services again.Thanks for making our day perfect John(: Sherri & Dan

Profile Picture sherri, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

John was extremely easy to work with and made several edits to songs that we requested. His communication was outstanding responding to email usually within minutes. I would not hesitate to use his services again would the need arise.

Profile Picture Andrew, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I planned my wedding from Texas (& California) for a Michigan wedding and John was available to email me back so fast he was extremely helpful in my long distance wedding planning. We only got to meet John one time before the wedding, but both my husband and I were very happy with our choice once meeting him. He helped me with the reception timeline and kept everything going (& had tissues for me after my father/daughter dance). We were extremely pleased with the service we received from John. Not only is he a great DJ, he is a wonderful person as well!

Profile Picture amber, 6/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

John was great to work with. Extremely timely in his responses, offered advice, accommodated all of my (sometimes large) requests, and went above and beyond to ensure the wedding went smoothly. I would definitely recommend him!

Profile Picture Eryn, 5/28/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Do-Not-Play List, MC

John has been our Wedding DJ at the Journeyman Distillery. We meet him at a Wedding Expo, where is friendly and professional character impressed us, no frizzles or fancy showman outfit, but a solid professional who asked detailed follow up questions. Way before the actual wedding he got in contact with us about the music list, a specific list of which song goes for which part of the ceremony, the reception and all other items, as well as some details about the whole adventure we haven't even thought about. This was very helpful, as our planning could pick off from the list. His webpage had a selection of various playlist which we scavenged through to select music for the dance part of the evening, or that we fell back to when we hadn't already thought about a song for certain parts of the night (like cake cutting song.. I never had that on my mind before I found this on the list). About two weeks before our date, he scheduled a call with us and went with us through the details, including the correct pronunciation of names and timing of songs so that introductions were perfect.
At the day off, he arrived well ahead of time, talked with our day-off coordinator about the location and set up a second PA system for the ceremony, as 'the sound quality would be better', without extra charge or hassle, just because it was the right thing to do. He accommodated our small changes for the day, a little song here, a delay during the toast there and was helpful in vacillating the progress of the party through the night, from the dance, the cake cutting ceremony and everything, making sure the people that have to be in certain parts are aware of what comes next. I truly am thankful for him to come over the dance floor to tell me "Please be ready for cake cutting in 5minutes!" where I was distracted by saying hello to friends and totally forgetting about time. He went well beyond and above what I had expected, his pricing policy is fair & clear, no extras you did not expect!

Profile Picture Thomas, 4/14/17, 1 Review
4.2

John did an excellent job at our wedding reception! He kept everything flowing and we found ourselves asking him what was next. My only regret is that we didn't have another hour or 2 to dance the night away but that was based on our reception hall and I know John would have stayed later. He came highly recommended from friends of ours and we received many discounts based on referrals, my husband being a veteran, and "off season" wedding.

Profile Picture Heather, 4/8/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

The dance floor at our wedding was packed from start to finish! John gave us the freedom to choose our playlist, and he was loyal to that the entire time. He also smoothly dealt with some unruly guests, and was easy to coordinate with the entire time. He nailed our intros and was a fantastic MC all night long. He even edited the only (low-quality) copy we had of our first song dance and made it sound spectacular. We can't thank John enough for the success of our wedding, and recommend him highly for any type of event.

Profile Picture Michelle, 10/8/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

We were very happy with John's DJ services at our wedding last fall! I had been to a friend's wedding where he was a DJ and when I was getting married they recommended him to me. He was extremely professional, worked with our venue, guests and other vendors to make sure everything went very smoothly! Having someone extremely experienced in the field and also who had been to our venue and worked with vendors in the area before was very reassuring. Coming from an event planning background, I wanted to make sure I wasn't "working" on my wedding day. I felt completely comfortable with John. He provided DJ/AV services for our ceremony (which we had a violinist/piano player, regular music, mics for speakers, special recorded message to play for guests during the ceremony, etc.) and reception music/speeches. He spoke with us before the wedding and went through our questions and confirmed the day's events to make sure everything was correct. He also checked in with us throughout the night, especially if something deviated from our plan in any way. Overall professional and on top of things! Happy to recommend him for your special day! :)

Profile Picture Bethany, 9/30/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

John was fantastic for our wedding at Gravity Winery in September! He was so quick to respond to my emails or phone calls and when you have so many vendors and contacts to deal with while wedding planning, his responsiveness was FANTASTIC! He was also great at getting the ceremony and reception organized and moving in the direction we wanted! The music was fantastic and he didn't bat an eye at any of our suggestions (even when I told him he could play as much Led Zeppelin as possible).

Profile Picture Sandy, 9/18/16, 5 Reviews