John Correll Professional Wedding DJ Services Reviews

52 | Stevensville, MI

52 Reviews for John Correll Professional Wedding DJ Services

52 John Correll Professional Wedding DJ Services Reviews

Jackalyn · Married on 09/22/2018

John did an amazing job at my wedding, 9/22/18 at Gable Hill! He seriously went above and beyond the role of DJ to make the wedding go smoothly, even with on-the-fly schedule and plan changes. He answers emails very thoroughly in minutes and spoke with me on the phone a week before the wedding to make sure everything was perfect. Not only does he keep guests on schedule, but he keeps the bridal party & the bride & groom on task and ready for the events that were coming up. He was honestly a wedding day of lifesaver in more ways than one! Thanks John(:

Lisa · Married on 09/21/2018

As a parent helping coordinate wedding details for my son and his fiancé, having the assistance of John was the absolute best decision we made. John was incredibly responsive in his communications, was so helpful in providing tools for each facet of the services he offered (song lists, scheduling ideas and general guidance) and offered a calm, professional presence which was appreciated by everyone. John's natural warmth, genuine interest in the success of the wedding and ceremony, and his attention to every detail was evident to all. Having John as our professional DJ was a wonderful blessing and I highly recommend John. He will provide for your every need, I am certain!

Anthony · Married on 08/18/2018

John was amazing from beginning to end! So professional and personable! He went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect on our wedding day! I can’t recommend him enough! Everyone was raving about how much they loved the music choices! We had a blast all thanks to John! We would use him over and over again! Also a bonus he is VERY affordable! Thanks Again John! :)

John Correll Professional Wedding DJ Services 1

Megan · Married on 07/12/2018

John was great to work with for our wedding this summer. He was fast and thorough in communicating with us in the months leading up to our wedding day, and was extremely organized the day of, keeping everything running smoothly and on time as planned. My husband and I chose a lot of our own music, which John was open to, and he did a great job with the songs he selected - having enough variety for all of our guests and keeping everyone dancing. Thanks John!

• O

Olivia · Married on 06/16/2018

John did an absolutely wonderful job on our wedding day! Not only did he keep the dance floor going all night, he acted as a coordinator to make sure everything was on time and that everything was taken care of. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ! He is the most organized person ever, which is extremely helpful! You will not regret choosing John for your big day!!

Kara · Married on 06/09/2018

John goes above and beyond to make sure everything goes smoothly! He sets up early, double checks everything from important songs (by sending you clips via email prior to the big day, then double checks the song names the day of for each special song), double checks names of wedding party, double checks timelines, he kept us on track throughout the night. Best of all, he kept the dance floor SO FUN! John knew the perfect songs to play to keep everyone having a great time; he could read the guests and the dance floor perfectly. I would highly recommend John's services.

Kelly · Married on 05/18/2018

John is the best! We hired him to DJ our wedding, and he goes above and beyond. We received so many compliments on the music! He was very organized and patient, keeping everyone on time with reminders for special dances and speeches. He even brought me a cocktail once we were seated for dinner. We are very thankful that we hired John for our wedding!

Melissa · Married on 11/19/2017

I don’t even know where to begin. From being very responsive and incredibly helpful in planning to offering to get drinks for us at the wedding, I couldn’t ask for any better. John was over accommodating, extremely organized, professional, incredibly friendly and so helpful. If you want the best of the best, John's your guy.

Conner · Married on 10/14/2017

Where do I even begin to start with John? From the beginning he has been easy to get a hold of and has responded to all my questions and comments so quickly. We talked for about 30 minutes the week before the wedding to get all the last details figured out which was comforting. Fast forward to the actual wedding and I can honestly say he was worth every penny and then some. John showed up early to set up his equipment and ensure it was all working. We had a brief discussion before the ceremony started to make sure we were on the same page and from then on he ran the show perfectly. John would always come talk to us any time anything big was about to come up so we were prepared, he even would give us warnings such as 5 minute warning before cake cutting. This was something we found so helpful because it gave us time to wrap up what we were doing and prepare for what was to come. Also John had every type of medicine you could need behind his DJ booth as he was giving my new wife cough drops throughout the night which was extremely helpful!

The best part about our wedding was that John knew how to keep the mood going. We had a lot of guests who liked to dance and let me tell you John knew exactly what to play and when to play it! He made the evening extremely special and we are both so happy that we went with John for our wedding DJ. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is having a wedding in this area. He was extremely professional, responsive, funny, and all around fun. If you are looking for a DJ I would say look no further because you just found the perfect wedding DJ!

Thank you John for everything you did for our wedding! Couldn't have asked for a better DJ!

samantha · Married on 10/07/2017

John was the DJ for our wedding and he was awesome to work with. Deciding which DJ to book was no easy task, but we could not have been happier with how it turned out. John was very responsive throughout the whole process and very professional. We had a very extensive playlist and do not play list and he was very flexible in downloading everything that we asked to play. You can tell he really cares about you having the best night possible. Throughout the day/evening he was on top of everything. He arrived plenty early to get set up and was flexible in moving some equipment, when the set up wasn't what he originally expected. My friend was our officiant and John was proactive at getting on the same page as the officiant so that the ceremony went off without a hitch. He also acted almost like a coordinator the whole night. He always confirmed if we were ready for key songs/moments in the night and gave us 5 minute warnings when things were about to start. He did the same for our photographer and coordinator so that everyone was on the same page and no shots were missed or nothing went off schedule. Even our day of coordinator mentioned to us how great he was to work with. The music was great the whole night and I got multiple comments about how good it was and how the dance floor was great the whole night. We would recommend him to anyone and were very happy to work with him.

Jennifer · Married on 09/22/2017

I have known John for several years, and when it came time for my own wedding, I knew he would be the perfect DJ for my special day! John is very professional, yet knows how to engage guests by keeping the music going. He is very easy to work with, and makes your special day a priority. He goes above and beyond to make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible, and your chosen music is exactly what you want. I would recommend him to anyone.

Ashley · Married on 09/03/2017

John was absolutely fantastic not only on our wedding day, but in the months and weeks leading up to our big day. John was always so quick to respond to emails and was incredibly organized. The day of the wedding, he helped keep the wedding party on time and on track, and was a huge help throughout the reception by announcing dinner, speeches, etc. I would recommend John to anyone looking for a professional, experienced DJ!

• User6477507 · 1+ year ago

John was helpful in answering all of our questions, and he was attentive to the guests, as well David and I. My older brother was being a little annoying, and John handled it with professionalism and tact. I also got sick after dinner, and he made sure no one noticed. He was helpful before, during, and after the wedding. I did a lot of research when hiring a DJ and I'm so glad I picked John!

Allison · Married on 08/20/2017

John did an amazing job . He was very good at getting back to emails. Answering questions and being punctual. Very professional. I would highly recommend John as your DJ

Megan · Married on 08/19/2017

I cannot say enough about how wonderful John was.... from our very first contact to our very last dance, he made everything flow so well! John has been doing weddings for years and it shows! He helped us to plan the flow of our day, made sure each special song was exactly what I wanted by sending sample clips, let us have a lengthy request list, showed up plenty early to set up, coordinated with my officiant to make sure everything would go smoothly, set up the ceremony sound, kept us on track with the introductions, speeches, dances, cake cutting, and garter/bouquet toss, AND most importantly he kept us dancing and having the time of our lives ALL NIGHT LONG!!! If you want the full package of a dj and the security/comfort of knowing your night will be perfect, look no further as John is your guy!! Thank you so very much for making our night absolutely perfect!

Justin · Married on 07/29/2017

I can't recommend John and his DJ services enough.
    From our first meeting with John, he radiated professionalism. His incredible attention to detail and, extremely-reasonable pricing led us to choose him, and I couldn't be happier that we did.

John maintained constant contact (with amazingly quick responses) throughout the months leading up to our wedding.
    He walked us through his comprehensive song selection process, starting with a short questionnaire and recommendations. Once we'd provided John with our selections, he sent us clips of each choice to ensure they were the correct versions of the songs that we were looking for.
    John called us the week prior to our wedding to go over a timetable for the big day and confirm correct pronunciation of the names of everyone in the wedding party. He also ensured that he'd help make sure things stayed on schedule, which took a big weight off as we didn't have a wedding planner or coordinator.

John arrived HOURS early to set up his equipment and help with deliveries/setup. He gave consistent time and schedule updates throughout the day and helped keep things on track and going smoothly. He even set us up personal fans for both of us at the head table to keep us cool!
    As for his DJing: the emceeing and music selection couldn't have been better! John played the perfect mix of new and classic music while sprinkling in the perfect amount of slower songs. He kept the dance floor packed and the party going until we had to call it quits.

Working with John was truly refreshing. He went above and beyond any expectations I had of what a wedding DJ could be, and was there for us for anything we needed him for. I will be recommending his services to everyone that I can.

Kim · Married on 07/15/2017

Great DJ and John was a pleasure to work with! He played a great selecton of music and was very professional.

Miranda · Married on 07/14/2017

John was great from the first email until the end of the evening, when we left. He was quick to respond to questions about the area to finding hard to find songs for us. Everything he coordinated was wonderful! His value was exceptional and our reception would not have run as smoothly without him being there!

Brooke · Married on 06/30/2017

John was the absolute best! We were able to relax and enjoy our day because we knew that John was taking care of everything. His professionalism, reliability, and communication far exceeded our expectations.

sherri · Married on 06/24/2017

If you are looking for an accommodating, talented & truly professional DJ at a good value look no further. John communicated with us every step of the way & made it so easy for us to have exactly the music we wanted for our wedding reception. He played everything we wanted & made sure that the evening kept on track & ran smoothly. He did over & above what I would expect in a DJ-taking my dinner plate to the table for me & just checking in through out the evening to make sure we were having a great time. Our guests commented on what a nice gentleman he was. We totally agree. Would definitely use his services again.Thanks for making our day perfect John(: Sherri & Dan

Andrew · Married on 06/17/2017

John was extremely easy to work with and made several edits to songs that we requested. His communication was outstanding responding to email usually within minutes. I would not hesitate to use his services again would the need arise.

amber · Married on 06/16/2017

I planned my wedding from Texas (& California) for a Michigan wedding and John was available to email me back so fast he was extremely helpful in my long distance wedding planning. We only got to meet John one time before the wedding, but both my husband and I were very happy with our choice once meeting him. He helped me with the reception timeline and kept everything going (& had tissues for me after my father/daughter dance). We were extremely pleased with the service we received from John. Not only is he a great DJ, he is a wonderful person as well!

Eryn · Married on 05/28/2017

John was great to work with. Extremely timely in his responses, offered advice, accommodated all of my (sometimes large) requests, and went above and beyond to ensure the wedding went smoothly. I would definitely recommend him!

Thomas · Married on 04/14/2017

John has been our Wedding DJ at the Journeyman Distillery. We meet him at a Wedding Expo, where is friendly and professional character impressed us, no frizzles or fancy showman outfit, but a solid professional who asked detailed follow up questions. Way before the actual wedding he got in contact with us about the music list, a specific list of which song goes for which part of the ceremony, the reception and all other items, as well as some details about the whole adventure we haven't even thought about. This was very helpful, as our planning could pick off from the list. His webpage had a selection of various playlist which we scavenged through to select music for the dance part of the evening, or that we fell back to when we hadn't already thought about a song for certain parts of the night (like cake cutting song.. I never had that on my mind before I found this on the list). About two weeks before our date, he scheduled a call with us and went with us through the details, including the correct pronunciation of names and timing of songs so that introductions were perfect.
    At the day off, he arrived well ahead of time, talked with our day-off coordinator about the location and set up a second PA system for the ceremony, as 'the sound quality would be better', without extra charge or hassle, just because it was the right thing to do. He accommodated our small changes for the day, a little song here, a delay during the toast there and was helpful in vacillating the progress of the party through the night, from the dance, the cake cutting ceremony and everything, making sure the people that have to be in certain parts are aware of what comes next. I truly am thankful for him to come over the dance floor to tell me "Please be ready for cake cutting in 5minutes!" where I was distracted by saying hello to friends and totally forgetting about time. He went well beyond and above what I had expected, his pricing policy is fair & clear, no extras you did not expect!

Jessica · Married on 03/11/2017

John was BEYOND amazing! I initially was a little nervous going off just reviews, but I am so happy! John was so on top of email communication, rarely over just a few hours for a response. Even before signing a contract, John asked if I needed recommendations for other vendors, and the next day had sent me a list of people he has worked with in the past. When it came time to pick music, John provide a questionnaire to fill out, along with a list of popular songs for each part of the wedding. That was SO helpful as a starting point for us. He was very thorough with every answer and even helped me think through day of timelines. We actually fired our officiant the morning of the wedding and John was essential for how smooth the day-of went. He helped us find a new space at the venue to wait that had air conditioning, but had even brought down small fans for us prior to that. Who would have thought to bring fans?! He gave updates on guests coming in and when we should start and helped coordinate everybody into their places. Other reviews say John goes above and beyond, and he does. The bustle on my dress kept coming undone, John noticed us messing with it and had safety pins available without us even asking. Again, who would have thought to bring small fans?! He truly is a person who cares about the experience, wants the day to go great, and clearly loves what he does. His prices were a smiiiidge higher than other quotes I had received, but the complete piece of mind was very worth it. He really provided many services that a day of coordinator would have done. I have zero regrets about choosing John as our DJ and have been shouting from the rooftops how wonderful he is. 10/10, 5 stars, 2 thumbs up, the cat's meow, the whole shebang!