Joe Hendricks Photography Reviews

46 | Montrose, CO

46 Reviews for Joe Hendricks Photography

46 Joe Hendricks Photography Reviews

Darlene · Married on 01/17/2016

We cannot say enough how happy with are with our wedding photos. We were married in January at the Red House in Franklin, Tennessee and were on a budget. We decided to splurge on our photos and Joe was worth every penny and more. Joe and his wife Rhonda were very easy to work with, and Joe was like a ninja at our wedding. Our guests were blown away with the quality of the photos. We have so many amazing photos, we're still having a hard time deciding which photos to print and display in our home. Joe's wife handles all of the contracting and administrative stuff, and she's amazing. Very cheery, responsive and just easy to work with. On site, Joe required little direction - we told him a few things that were important to us, and he captured the moments. Joe also provided a beautiful wedding album no more than two weeks after we were married. We really are just so happy with the photos - they are stunning and will be treasured for years to come.

Jeanie · Married on 09/19/2015

Words cannot describe how wonderful this photography team was. Between the engagement photos, the wedding portraits, the wedding pictures, and all the stuff in-between AND AFTER, Joe was incredible. His wife Rhonda works closely with him on most shoots, and she is terrific!
    The wedding pictures were stunning, and we had most of them within a few days of the wedding. (Some he even displayed on a laptop next to the dance floor at the wedding!). And the wedding (photo) album he created...indescribable!!

Summer · Married on 12/21/2014

Joe is one of the most talented photographers we have ever seen, and we are so lucky he was available to shoot our wedding. We connected with him right away during our engagement session, and knew instantly that he was the right choice for our wedding. We had 100% trust in him to get the perfect shots, and it was nice having one wedding detail that we didn't have to worry about :) We will definitely call Joe next time we need photography services!

Joe has been rated the best photographer in Nashville and it is true! He is very creative, kind, funny, and flexible. He gave us photos that I know we will cherish forever and there will NEVER be the regret or thought that we should have gone with another photographer. He took the most amazing photos of our wedding day and nobody ever even noticed him because he is so quick and non-intrusive.

Adam · Married on 09/13/2014

Yesterday was our wedding and reception, and before even getting our photos back (which always come super quick) I can already tell you how happy we are with Joe and Rhonda! They are the kind of people you just want to be friends with, let alone work with. Joe is always amazingly professional and fun at the same time. He made all our guests feel wonderful, got all the shots we wanted, and was always there when we needed him. His way of shooting is really quick and efficient, so you don't think he got the shot until he shows you a little preview, and it is always spot on.

I couldn't recommend Joe and Rhonda any more. Trust me, book them, it is worth it.

Kristin · Married on 09/12/2014

I cannot brag enough on Joe and how amazing he is as a photographer and person. Joe stepped up when our original photographer unexpectedly passed away. He jumped in and honored our contract and even credited us the $1000 we paid to the previous photographer. He was a dream to work with on our engagement pictures and at our wedding! His wife Rhonda is also amazing! She sets up the appointments and everything. I will refer all my friends and family to Joe in the future!

Joe and Rhonda were both super great to work with! Joe was amazing on our Wedding day and we could not be any more pleased with how everything turned out.

Joe did such an amazing job with our photos! We had such a fun time throughout the whole process - from engagement photos to the actual wedding. We always got responses really quickly from either Joe or Rhonda and they went above and beyond what I expected.

Joe was such fun the day of our wedding - sometimes photos are a bore and he made it fun for everyone. We didn't opt for a lot of traditional shots and did more fun "in the moment" photos, which he captured so well!

I have received so many comments from people on the photography and how fun our wedding looked - and that's all to Joe capturing those moments that we will want to revisit and look at for years to come.

Joe turned around our photos very quickly and came over to our house to do a little "premiere" of the wedding photos. He gives you personal attention and you walk away from the experience knowing your special day was captured wonderfully!

Jenny · Married on 03/14/2014

I could not be more in love with the photos Joe took of our wedding. Not only were his photos more than I could have hoped for, he and Rhonda were so fun and easy to work with. The turnaround on the photos is so quick as well. You can tell he loves what he does, that love comes through in his work.

Michelle · Married on 10/17/2013

My husband and I absolutely LOVED Joe! Our wedding pictures were gorgeous and working with him was wonderful! He blended right into the background during those special moments like first looks with my husband, father and brother. He was extemely quick getting shots of the bridal party and family with every picture top quality. He made our experience fun and helped to make our special day perfect!

Dawn · Married on 07/13/2013

Hire Joe and he'll make your wedding photos something everyone will be talking about. He's incredibly creative and the photos capture the emotion of the moment. If you are looking for posed, artificial, pretty pictures of yourself with every hair in place and flattering camera angles, Joe may not be the guy for you. If you want pictures (hundreds of them) that will allow you to relive every moment of your wedding and connect you with the way you felt, and some really unique, creative, artistic photos in the mix, then you want this photographer. Joe is expensive but worth it. And you get a usb drive with all of your photos, which means you aren't locked in to buying prints from him, so in the long run you spend less. Years from now, if you decide you want a picture you didn't order, you won't have to worry about tracking your photographer down to get your pics because you have them all. Joe is really flexible. If there are certain shots you want, make that clear on the front end and you'll get them for sure. But you'll be happiest with the special shots you never would have even thought to ask for. If you respect what Joe does and allow him to work largely from his own inspiration you will get some really special photos. He offers an engagement session which will give you an idea of how he works and build the relationship. The wedding photos will be the better for it.

They were wonderful to work with and we got the most creative photos

Elizabeth · Married on 11/17/2012

Amazing! Can't say enough great things about the way him and his wife work so well together, the quality of the photos, and how easy he is to work with.

Carla · Married on 11/03/2012

Joe Hendricks Photography was by far our favorite wedding vendor we had. He took our fairy tale day and made it come to life through our photos. We now are blessed with a story book of photos to capture every emotion throughout the day. He has such an eye for creative photos that you will be in awe of when you see completed. He even has so much patience for those of us who aren't "pros" in front of the camera :). I had heard so many brides tell me how long they waited to see their wedding photos...not with Joe! He already had a quick slideshow of photos from earlier in the day at the reception for people to view at the reception AND we got to see several more within a couple days. And we barely had to wait 2 weeks to see ALL of them. His professionalism and promptness is remarkable. His wife Rhonda is on top of things and will help you come up with a helpful timeline and is a life saver when you're crunched for time on the wedding day...keeping things moving along and even being patient when you need "one more shot"!
    I can't recommend Joe Hendricks Photography enough to you as you are choosing your wedding photographer. IT was the best choice we made!!!!

Meredith · Married on 09/30/2012

Joe Hendricks is truly one of the most creative, fun, passionate and talented photographers!
    I feel blessed and one of the luckiest brides ever to have these amazing pictures to show for the rest of my life. Joe makes you and everyone feel at ease so there is never any need to feel scattered because they have it all together.
    I would ONLY recommend Joe to my friends.

Lauren · Married on 09/29/2012

Choosing the wedding photographer was the most important decision when it came to planning our wedding. The wedding pictures will be the lasting impression of the most important day of your life, right? But, when we found Joe Hendricks Photography, it was clear that he was the best of the best! From the first time we contacted him, Joe made every effort to make us feel welcome and in good hands. He even surprised us with our very first wedding gift to help us relax during the stressful wedding planning!
    During the engagement picture shoot, Joe made the effort to get to know our personalities and style to customize the pictures for us. We instantly felt at ease and we knew that Joe would make our special day the best.
    At the wedding, Joe felt more like a trusted friend than just a photographer. And, of course, Joe took the most amazing pictures that we will treasure for the rest of our lives. He was flexible, professional, friendly and his photographs are of the highest quality. Joe really has an eye for catching the subtle nuances and special moments that were shared not only between my husband and I, but also between my family and friends. During the wedding, he was tactful to shoot pictures behind the scenes, like a photographer ninja! (Lol) He even created scenes for specially for us at the end of the night, when we wanted to capture the full moon in our pictures.
    Strangely enough, weeks after the wedding, my friends and family weren't talking about how great the flowers, cake and food were (and they were awesome)- they were talking about how funny and talented Joe was!
    If anyone was ever considering a wedding photographer, I would most definitely recommend Joe for their event. Any bride would be lucky to have such a talented, professional and amazing photographer (and friend) as Joe Hendricks.
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Lauren · Married on 09/01/2012

Joe and his wife Rhonda were amazing photographers and genuinely nice people who really took the time to get to know both my husband and me. THey made us feeling so comfortable being in the spotlight, since both me and my husband are not very photogenic. We received our engagement photos, rehearsal dinner photos, and wedding photos in more than a timely fashion. Every single photo was amazing and very unique and creative. We felt so special. The quality of the photo book and the canvas photos we received were amazing! We will definitely be calling Joe to be our photographer in the future!!

Nicole · Married on 07/13/2012

Joe and his wife Rhonda are FABULOUS!! At the time that we took our engagement pictures, Kyle and I were both still in graduate school, and they drove up to Knoxville for our shoot. We were so impressed with the engagement pictures, and they were just the beginning. The bridal portraits were beautiful, and our wedding pictures are amazing! Joe and Rhonda are so much fun to work with! We really couldn't have asked for a better photographer to capture our wedding day.

Melissa · Married on 07/07/2012

Joe was great. He took a ton of pictures. They were beautiful and very creative. He even traveled out of town for their engagement picture session. I would recommend Joe for any special occasion.

Sent on 01/07/2013

Joe Hendricks Photography's reply:

Hi Melissa! Thanks for the review! I think it means so much to hear that from the Mother of the Bride!!!

Jill · Married on 06/23/2012

Joe is professional, fun, and creative. He doesn't take chessey posed pictures as many wedding photographers do, while still being able to capture every moment.

Angie · Married on 06/02/2012

Joe & his wife Rhonda are an amazing team! Joe has a true talent to not only capture a beautiful moment, but see past the ordinary and use his creative side to make that moment magical. He took gorgeous photos of our wedding and has now taken adorable photos of our baby boy. Highly recommend Joe Hendricks for your special day!!

Kelli · Married on 11/12/2011

AWESOME photographer!! Our engagement and wedding pictures are amazing!! Highly recommend!

Linsey · Married on 10/22/2011

Joe and his wife Rhonda were so great throughout the entire wedding process. They were always quick to respond to any question, and open to any ideas regarding our engagement and wedding shoot! During the shoots, Joe had the best ideas to get shots I would have never thought of. He was very conscious of our personalities and chose settings that fit my husband and I. Within a week of our wedding, we already had over 300 photos in a slideshow to start showing off. I would recommend them to everyone!

Lea · Married on 09/17/2011

We looked at hundreds of wedding photographers’ websites (who knew Nashville had so many wedding photogs?) before narrowing our choices. Then, we met with several photographers and looked through their portfolios. Joe and his wife, Rhonda, were our very last scheduled meeting. At that first meeting, I knew I wanted Joe to shoot our wedding. Joe just really stood out from everyone else we met. His energy and passion for what he does is just contagious. I’m pretty sure I almost signed up for photography lessons after that first meeting.

We chose a basic package and added a disk of high res images. I think all of his packages include “computer ready” images, but we wanted high resolution images. I was surprised to learn that we had to pay for the high res images; however, after we compared the value of everything included in the basic package (and the high res images) to packages of other photographers, we still came out ahead financially with Joe. Plus, there are all the other factors that go into the decision-making such as experience, reliability, quality, etc. I could go on and on here because I think Joe is great. Joe shoots really, really quickly and does not “get in the way” at all. He is creative and his work is just fantastic.

Originally, we did not really care about having an engagement photo session, which was included in the package we chose. In hindsight, I think they are a great idea. It gives you a chance to be in front of the camera (before the big day!) and hopefully get a bit more comfortable with the idea that somebody is following you around shooting you! Also, it gives you a chance to spend time with your photographer and get comfortable and confident with him or her.

Lastly, Joe’s turnaround time is so fast!!! Joe emailed us about a week after the wedding to schedule a viewing of our slideshow of wedding images. The week we returned from our honeymoon, we had dinner with Joe and Rhonda and got to see all of our photos!

Thalia · Married on 07/30/2011

Joe & Rhonda did an absolutely amazing job shooting our engagement and wedding photos! Joe is a very talented guy, and he's constantly coming up with new creative ways to take photos on top of hearing any suggestions you might have. He is very easy to work with during his shooting - we never once felt uncomfortable during any setup, and all of our friends and family raved about him after our wedding. We are SO glad we picked Joe Hendricks Photography - they helped make these moments even more special!