Joe Farren Live Music & DJ Services Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

• Hannah
    Hannah G. Married on 03/19/2022

Pick Joe!!

Joe was the MC/DJ for our wedding and we couldn't have asked for anyone better! Great mix between live music and DJ'ing. He was very flexible and took our music tastes into consideration when curating the playlist for the day. He also learned the song that we wanted to have played at the close of the ceremony. Communication and planning in advance was very easy. He was a big part in helping make the day special!
  • Amanda
    Amanda Married on 02/21/2022

Wonderful Experience!

Joe is wonderful! He provides a one stop shop for beautiful live music that sets such a perfect tone and also rocks it as a DJ & MC. He was exactly what we were looking for at our Brewery wedding and we are so pleased to have worked with him. He is punctual, has a great attitude, is organized, pricing is very reasonable, and he is a joy to work with. We are so thankful he was able to play such a key role in our wedding day. The planning process was easy and he really listened to the vibe we were looking for and went above and beyond to make that happen.
  • Cara
    Cara A. Married on 01/22/2022

Absolutely amazing

Joe is absolutely amazing! I have worked with him at countless events in the past and just recently had the pleasure of having him play at my own wedding! His talent is versatile and was loved by my guests of all ages. His communication before and during the event was impeccable. Truly just made the whole process easy from start to finish! I’d recommend Joe Farren to anyone and everyone!
  • Valerie
    Valerie I. Married on 11/20/2021

Highly recommend, The best around!

Joe Farren is hands down the best all around! We had so many compliments about him from our guest. They all enjoyed the live music, as well as, the DJ'ing skills. I could not be more happy with how the night turned out. It was absolutely perfect in every way. Joe was very communicative before, during, and even after the wedding. I would recommend Joe Farren for any event that you may have. I know that if and when we have another big event I will be sure to have him there!
  • Juliette
    Juliette H. Married on 11/12/2021

Amazing DJ, had the best time at our wedding!

Thanks to Joe, our wedding went from disaster to fabulous! His last-minute stand-in saved the day. He is able to play piano, guitar, sing, and DJ! Our guests loved his song choices and everyone raved about him all night. 10/10 would recommend for any/all events!
  • Johna
    Johna D. Married on 11/06/2021

Amazing musician and DJ in one!

Joe is very professional and talented. He picked up on the vibe of our wedding and ran with it. We got so many compliments and everyone loved him including us. I highly recommend working with Joe.
    Connor L. Married on 10/29/2021

Amazing time!

Joe made our wedding spectacular. I would strongly recommend him to anyone!
    Masha Z. Married on 09/11/2021

Thank You Joe!!

Having Joe at our wedding was the best! He was extremely friendly and professional leading up to the event, and took away all the music-related stress from planning. At our wedding, he performed live music and sang during the cocktail hour - which was lovely - and then dj'd during our reception. Joe was super flexible and easy-going, and getting to pick our own music selections for every part of the wedding was so appreciated. Everyone had a blast on the dance floor and danced all night! Don't hesitate to hire Joe for your event - we couldn't recommend him more!!!
  • Frances
    Frances J. Married on 09/01/2021

He is flexible, talented ,very responsive and professional!

Our venue recommended Joe Farren as musician for our wedding and it was the best decision to choose Joe as our musician. We did not have to choose between a DJ, band or one live musician because Joe is everything in one! For you as bride, Joe is the best to work with, he is super flexible and very responsive. Some vendors might not respond to you within a week, Joe responded to me within less than 24 hours. We had our wedding initially planned for September 2020, booked everything in February 2020, and then COVID hit us and we had to postpone a total of 3 times - and that's when it was important for me as a bride to get quick responses from everyone and Joe was on top of it.
    He provides you a wedding planner, which basically guides you through the entire ceremony (I didn't know there were so many songs we had to pick) but it was perfect, I never felt stressed about the music part of our wedding. Planning this wedding with Joe was a smooth ride, although we had postpone.
    At the wedding day, he was great as well. He was able to play live music and be a DJ. Our guests loved that whenever they requested a song they didn't have to wait an hour or so for "their" song to be played, he usually played it as the next song.
    If you don't want to be stressed about your wedding planning, pick Joe as your musician, you won't regret it!
    Rebecca E. Married on 08/14/2021

Joe is great!

Joe is very easy to work with. We had to change our date and he was more than happy to accommodate us. Joe was great, he played live during cocktail hour which all my guest enjoyed. He was very easy to work with. He read the room very well and kept everyone on the dance floor. I had some very specific requests and he met those requests. He was very pleasant and not cheesy. I have been to wedding where the DJ takes over and its all of sudden the DJ's show. This was not the case with Joe! He is awesome and I'm so happy we hired him for our wedding!
    Paige L. Married on 06/19/2021

An amazing musician and DJ!

We are so glad we went with Joe! He was excellent to work with from start to finish - from scheduling, and then re-scheduling our wedding due to COVID-19 to taking on the logistics of an island wedding, he was calm and cool through it all. Joe is very communicative and always made sure that we were on the same page. When it came to our big day, many people commented on how lovely he sounded during his live performances. He played the keyboard during our ceremony, sang and played guitar during the cocktail hour, and then he was a "regular DJ" with all of the announcements and music selections during the reception. We also appreciated that Joe did not need help from us on the wedding day. Though he had never worked at our venue before, he found his way around and made sure to get what he needed without bugging us. It was an awesome experience and we were really happy we hired Joe. I would strongly recommend you hire Joe for your wedding or other event!
  • Lindsay
    Lindsay J. Married on 02/27/2021

He does it all!

Joe was my only choice to have at my wedding and when we decided to push it back due to COVID, I pretty much only cared if he could still do the new date. He did not disapoint and I referred him immediately to a friend that also used him at their wedding weeks later. So in a sense I got to see him 2 for 1. PS. He plays the harmonica!!! But you need to request it. :)
  • Brandi
    Brandi H. Married on 11/20/2020

Nice music

Joe Farren did a great job! Kept the music going and played the songs we requested.
  • Carlee
    Carlee N. Married on 10/10/2020

Very Professional

Joe was very professional and great to us. He made sure to give us a call prior to our wedding day and had everything ready to go when the night started!
    Shannon S. Married on 08/29/2020

DJ/ musician

When we discussed vendors, one of the most important vendors to my husband was the music. He found Joe and we loved that he could do live music and DJ. My husband and I struggled choosing a first dance song. Joe did a zoom meeting with us and helped decide on songs and then did an acoustic version of just the two of us that was one of my favorite parts of the wedding! He kept the party going throughout the night. He is a talented musician and DJ! You won’t regret hiring him!
    Matthew S. Married on 08/29/2020

Amazing!

From the initial booking until the wedding ended, Joe was perfect for our wedding. We loved the fact that he could play live music and then switch it up to DJ parts of the wedding. The live music made the wedding more intimate. Joe was even able to do his own rendition of the first dance song we selected.
    Sydney Married on 04/25/2020

Great musician and DJ!!

Joe is a such a talented musician in addition to being a great DJ. If you want the option of both, he's your guy! Joe is so professional and easy to work with. I highly recommend.
  • Samuel
    Samuel A. Married on 04/12/2020

Joe Farren Live Music and DJ Services was exactly what we wanted for our special day and it was perfect. Joe was professional and helped us through the whole process, we never felt any pressure and were happy to let Joe make recommendations; we were very grateful to not have to worry about this part of our Wedding. When it came to the day Joe setup and got things squared away just as expected. The live music was just what we wanted, and we couldn’t have been happier. We finished off with the DJ services and everyone had a great time. We highly recommend you hire Joe to help make your special day, that much more special! You will be glad that you did.
  • Joseph
    Joseph T. Married on 04/04/2020

DJ Joe Farren is literally the BEST!

We had a destination wedding coming from Colorado to St. Pete's Beach, I called around for DJ's in the area and after my initial contact with DJ Joe Farren I stopped my search, he was the most easy to work with, organized and professional host/mc/Dj we could have ever asked for on our wedding night. He accommodated us in 2 spaces, on a beach and in an outdoor courtyard, played everything we asked, on time , was gracious and smooth when on the mic and just understands how events and wedding flow. His speakers were on point, we like EDM mixed with some Pop and his setup lit up the courtyard with sound, reminded me of being at Red Rocks lol. Couldn't have asked for any better. I wish I had more events to throw in St. Pete's as I want to use him again!
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea K. Married on 03/02/2020

One of the best decisions we made for our wedding

Joe was such an amazing vendor to work with. He was the very first vendor we booked because once we heard his demos, we knew we had to have him play at our wedding. He was so responsive and helpful leading up to the wedding and he gladly learned two songs for us! Having him play acoustic guitar for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and dinner gave the day a romantic, intimate atmosphere I had only dreamed of for our wedding. I had so many guests tell me the music was amazing - even our wedding coordinator couldn't stop raving! All in all, Joe was an amazing musician, so easy to work with and I would hire him again in a heartbeat!
    Amie Married on 07/04/2019

Highly recommend

We hired Joe as our DJ for our wedding. He was very professional and easy to work with. We didn’t give him many stipulations and mostly said feel the crowd. He ran with it and did a great job! We really liked that he not on us a DJ but provided live singing and guitar which we received MANY compliments from guest on. He did a wonderful job! Highly recommend him for any event. Thanks again Joe!
  • Dana
    Dana Married on 06/16/2019

Absolutely amazing

I can't recommend Joe enough! Our timeline got off track but he made all the changes so easy! His live music was perfect for our ceremony. If you're looking for ther best, Joe is it!
  • Joe
    Joe Married on 05/25/2019

Perfect eclectic experience

Joe was fantastic to work with! He was communicative leading up to the day, listened to our wishes, and did an exceptional job at reading the room and making sure folks were out of their seats. Would hire him again in a heartbeat!
  • Lindsay
    Lindsay Married on 04/12/2019

Great Musician and DJ

Joe is super cool, easy to work with and professional. We didn't have to worry about a thing. Highly recommended.
  • Alisha Smiles
    Alisha Married on 04/06/2019

Excellent musician and DJ!

Joe was everything I was looking for and I’m so glad we found him! He was easy to work with in advance of the wedding, played the ceremony music beautifully, filled in quiet moments with off the cuff music perfectly, and did a great job playing during dinner and DJing the rest of the evening. He isn’t the annoying Emcee that talks too much and he’s great at reading the room. We got lots of compliments from our guests about him and highly recommend him!!