Jockey Hollow Bar and Kitchen Reviews

Rating 4.8 out of 5, 8 Reviews
View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

Kerri Married on 09/21/2018
    Spell my name correctly (Kerri)
    Aside from that, the service and meal were impeccable. We really feel like Jockey Hollow outshined our lovely wedding meal. Everyone continues to talk about how we picked such a beautiful place for our Rehearsal Dinner. Rocco and the team were professional and attentive, couldn’t have asked for a better experience.
    Mark Married on 09/01/2018
    We had our daughter's pre-wedding rehearsal dinner at the Rathskeller at Jockey Hollow Bar & Kitchen on 8/31/18 - food was excellent, service was outstanding, Philip, Rocco & their team was great in every sense. We recommend them highly.
    Shari & Mark Felix
    Kat Married on 05/27/2018
    My husband and I were married on May 27th at JHBK and our guests are still talking about how amazing everything was! We rented the entire restaurant and utilized each floor for a different part of the event. Upstairs for the ceremony, Oyster Bar and Vail Bar for cocktail hour/dinner, and the Rathskeller for dancing. It is hard to say what the best thing about venue is, but for my husband and I, the food and cocktails are near the top! The bartenders were crafting the most amazing drinks finished with smoked rosemary, fresh lavender, etc. And the food is just to die for (if you haven't gone for dinner yet, call and make your reservation now!!) Philip, our event coordinator, was there for us along the way and made sure everything went smoothly throughout the ceremony and reception. He even made sure my husband and I had a special champagne moment after the ceremony. If you are sick of looking at cookie-cutter venues with bad food, call JHBK immediately and see what you are missing! The best thing is, as a restaurant you can go there over and over and over again (which my husband and I certainly did... and continue to do!) (Oh, did I also mention it is handicap accessible, is stunning from the outside, and is in the heart of a cool city with hotels, bars, shops nearby? Okay I think I'm done now :)
    Lena Married on 03/18/2018
    I can't say enough positive things about our experience at JHBK! We are getting married abroad, so we needed a location for our private ceremony, which only our immediate family attended. Because we're doing three events for our wedding it was important for us to get the best value for our money, and we did! The space was so bright and beautiful!!! Everyone loved the "Wow-Factor" of the windows, high ceilings, and fireplace. And Phil, he's family now! He was absolutely wonderful, and by the end of the day I truly felt like he was A PART of our wedding. His service made him much more than "staff", he really catered to our every need. My husband and I don't eat meat, and they were able to come up with options that we were good for us, while still allowing our family to enjoy the cuisine they would prefer. And that SEAFOOD TOWER was incredible, I ate way to many shrimp. Everyone enjoyed their brunch, and the CAKE YUUUMM!!! The over all Quality of our experience was top notch. What I loved most was the set-up. The way we orchestrated the flow of events, between the 3 rooms was perfect, and it gave my husband and I a private area to conduct business and take in those precious moments that go by way too fast.

Now, completely outside of JHBK, the only disappointment of the day were the flowers. Terrible experience with the vendor [Colly Flowers}. I can't even begin to describe my experience, total waste of money, with no remorse or attempt to rectify the situation.

However that didn't stop this from being a spectacular event that our family has loved and continues to cherish.
    Gale Married on 08/25/2018
    I dealt primarily with Philip Tucci. He was professional, thoughtful, very helpful and easy to work with. We had our rehearsal dinner in the Rathskellar which is a fabulous space. The place was set up beautifully, the staff always available if needed, and all of our guests had a great time! Thank you Phil and all of the Jockey Hollow staff who contributed to our fantastic party!!
    Beth Married on 06/28/2018
    We hosted our wedding rehearsal party for our son and daughter-in-law at the Rathskeller. The room set-up was inviting and great for a mostly mid 20's age group. The food and drinks were fantastic. Everyone felt comfortable, and it was a fun atmosphere before a more formal wedding the next day.
    Chloe Married on 09/29/2019

Relaxed and easy

We had our wedding reception at Da Pesca. Phil and Victoria were very knowledgeable and easy to work with, and they were able to answer all our questions and make recommendations for the best way to do things. Really helpful since we didn't use a wedding planner or day-of coordinator. They were flexible, prepared to accommodate an emergency indoor ceremony if our ceremony site got rained out, and they allowed our last-minute changes and questions with good humor. As far as responsiveness goes, they got better and better about getting back to us the closer we got to the event and that's what counts. The food was great, the place looked beautiful, and they didn't gouge us - not much more you can ask for.
    Ann Married on 04/14/2018
    We had our wedding here (2nd wedding; very small) and had a wonderful/memorable experience! Food was delish and service was on point. Team was willing to work with our various needs without any hassles whatsoever.