Joanna Sue Photography Reviews

Joanna Sue Photography 6
Joanna Sue Photography 7
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 11/03/2018

One of our best wedding decisions!

We are so happy that we chose Joanna Sue Photography for our wedding! Neither of us had been professionally photographed in years, but she made it so easy! She kept us laughing and it was a great mix of directing us and also capturing our personalities. There is also a great mix of artistic and traditional shots in both our engagement photos and our wedding photos. I absolutely love the color and style of the photos, it really fit well with our moody/industrial venue and the beautiful fall day we had. This really was one of our best wedding decisions we made!

Sent on 02/16/2019
    Joanna Sue Photography 19
    Joanna Sue Photography 20
    Joanna Sue Photography 21

Joanna Sue Photography's reply:

And you guys were such a joy to work with! Thank you so much for these kind words. We wish you the best!!
  • Kristin

Kristin Brunn · Married on 10/20/2018

We love our photos!!

Joanna did an absolutely amazing job with all our photos, both the engagement session and the wedding! She is so sweet, does great work, and was absolutely wonderful to work with throughout the whole process. We highly recommend her for weddings and all of your professional photography needs!

Chandler · Married on 10/06/2018

Out of the box style

We could not have been happier with choosing Joanna as our photographer for our wedding in October. Photos were one of the three aspects of our wedding that was most important to me, and I knew I did not want stereotypical wedding photos you see everywhere. Joanna did not disappoint. Her style is so unique and beautiful and she captured every moment perfectly. She had no problem traveling from Raleigh to the mountains of Virginia for our ceremony. She is also not afraid to bend the rules when trying to capture the perfect moment, which my husband and I both appreciate. Having the second shooter was also key to capturing everything. I would 100% recommend Joanna to anyone looking for a unique and classy style for their wedding or engagement shoot and photos you (and your family and friends) will rave about and fawn over for years to come.

Sent on 12/04/2018

Joanna Sue Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Chandler! Your wedding was and will always be a highlight of this job. So honored to have worked with you and David!!

Andrew · Married on 09/15/2018

Everything You Could Ask For

Joanna was a fantastic asset through our entire engagement, wedding planning, and wedding day events. She consistently went out of her way, even traveling through Hurricane weather from North Carolina to Philadelphia, to make our day special. She, along with her partner, not only took the time to heed our requests for portraits and our desire to actually be present for our wedding day activities, but also captured the little moments throughout the day/night that mean so much to us. Joanna was knowledgeable of wedding standards, consistently responsive, and fantastic at calming any anxieties that presented themselves. We could not recommend her more!

Joanna Sue Photography 22

Emma Newman · Married on 07/21/2018

Working with Joanna was a pleasure!

We are so glad we found Joanna to shoot our engagement and wedding photos! She is fun, easy to work with, and she did an amazing job capturing so many special moments. I know we will cherish our photos for years to come!

Katie · Married on 07/07/2018

Joanna is great! She has the eye for amazing shots and is really easy to feel comfortable with. After our wedding my husband and I feel like we acquired new friends out of her and her husband!

Sent on 08/27/2018
    Joanna Sue Photography 23
    Joanna Sue Photography 24
    Joanna Sue Photography 25
    Joanna Sue Photography 26

Joanna Sue Photography's reply:

And we feel the same way! Thanks so much for letting us celebrate with you!

Katie · Married on 06/30/2018

Joanna was so easy to work with and it is reflected in our wedding photos. My husband and I were able to be goofy and silly and she captured that in the most beautiful way. We are so thankful to have chosen her as our photographer!

Sent on 08/19/2018
    Joanna Sue Photography 27
    Joanna Sue Photography 28

Joanna Sue Photography's reply:

I loved every bit of your goofiness! Thank you so much for these kind words! Thank you for choosing me!

Sarah · Married on 06/23/2018

Loved all of our photos. She did a great job making us feel comfortable and capturing the bond between us not just smiling faces. Very quick to get back to us too about everything! Definitely recommend to any and everyone!

Sent on 08/11/2018

Joanna Sue Photography's reply:

Thank you Sarah! We had such a great time celebrating with you! You guys are the reason we do this!!

Rachel · Married on 06/02/2018

We booked Joanna for our engagement photos and wedding coverage. She is so efficient with her time, knowing how to get the job done while also staying light-hearted and fun! We loved working with her and her husband, Jesse, for our wedding and would recommend them to anyone. It has been such a joy to have these photos and share them with our loved ones!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Joanna Sue Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Rachel! We have loved working with you and Matt and we wish you the best!

Brittney · Married on 05/06/2018

There aren't enough words to give Joanna thanks for the way she worked with me as her client. Let me start by saying YES she captured absolutely BEAUTIFUL photos of my engagement and my wedding day and my whole family and I are in love with them, but you can see that her work is outstanding based on her portfolio and her blog (go check it out!). What you can't see is the care in which she takes of her clients. All the texts and phone calls and the worry that she fielded from me over the span of my engagement is why I needed to write this review, because you can't see that as easily by flipping through her photos. For one reason or another, I often found myself worried about what my wedding photos would look like after it's all said and done. Your wedding photos are one of the only true things that will last beyond your wedding day (and of course your marriage), so I really wanted them to fit my vision and wanted my day to be captured perfectly. More than once I would send Joanna a text message with a question, and she'd automatically sense my worry/concern and begin to ease my anxious heart with photo examples and different editing styles that she'd use/not use for my photos based on what she knew I liked/disliked, all in an effort to assure me that she understood my vision. And when I say more than once I mean that! There were several times that I thought "gosh she must be tired of my questioning", but she never ever was. And she always took the time to make me feel at ease. Even with things like the weather, where she had no control over the outcome, she spent time assuring me we'd capture great photos regardless. Having her at my wedding photographing every moment, it felt like I had a good friend nearby all day who knew exactly what my vision was and how to capture it all perfectly. I was totally calm and not worried about the pictures or cameras at all. I just knew she had it all handled. That kind of client service is priceless. Book her! You won't regret it.

Sent on 07/02/2018

Joanna Sue Photography's reply:

Now I'm crying. Thank you for these words Brittney! I wish you and Christian all the best!

Micaela · Married on 04/20/2018

Joanna is absolutely amazing to work with! We were so pleased with both our engagement and wedding photos. Not only did she make us look great, but she also captured our individual personalities and chemistry as a couple with such artistry. Very fun and professional, great rates, quick turn around. I highly recommend!

Sent on 06/21/2018

Joanna Sue Photography's reply:

You and Barr were so much fun to work with! Thank you so much!

Samantha · Married on 04/14/2018

Right off the bat Joanna impressed me. I was planning my wedding from California and from our first phone conversation I could tell she knew what she was doing. She asked all the right questions and even things I didn't consider. We did an engagement session with her prior to our big day. It was a great opportunity for my camera shy husband and I to do a test run before our wedding day. Our pictures turned out amazing! In the 9 years my husband and I had been together we never had a good photo together, now we have a whole lot. Joanna and her husband were professional, dependable and extremely talented. I would definitely recommend them to those looking for a professional photographer!

Sarah · Married on 03/24/2018

We loved working with Joanna! She was professional, prepared, creative, comforting, and fun. She captured fantastic photos of us, but we never felt like we had to pose. She made everything feel natural, and in the end, our photos came out making us look like authentic, happy, glowing versions of ourselves.

Joanna completed a thorough review over the phone with us about a week before the wedding that helped the whole day go smoothly and allowed us to miss very little of our reception. That helped us get the photos we wanted without wasting time.

I also loved having Joanna be a part of our day. She was lighthearted, funny, and blended perfectly with the group. I did not realize how big of an asset it would be to have a photographer that felt like a friend, but it makes the day way more enjoyable! We wholeheartedly recommend Joanna for anyone looking for high quality photos and a joy filled experience!

Lily · Married on 12/17/2017

Working with Joanna was such a pleasure. She made sure all the shots we wanted were taken and made sure to capture so many beautiful moments from the wedding day.

Hayley · Married on 11/04/2017

You will be 110% satisfied if you decide to hire Joanna for your engagement photos or wedding photos. She did both for me and I CANNOT STOP looking at my amazing pictures. Besides having impeccable style and taste in her work, she is so diligent and professional on the day of that she could probably double as a wedding coordinator! I really cant say enough nice things about her - she is a slam dunk in my book and you will be so happy to have her, on your big day, documenting one of the most important moments of your life.

Sent on 01/02/2018
    Joanna Sue Photography 36
    Joanna Sue Photography 37
    Joanna Sue Photography 38

Joanna Sue Photography's reply:

And you were an amazing client! I’m so lucky to have worked with you and Joe!! Thanks girl!

Vanessa · Married on 10/07/2017

I highly recommend Joanna for visual story-telling and captivating photographic experience.

Joanna Sue Photography was amazing to work with. She came prepared and was completely at ease. The photographs were absolutely stunning and breath-taking. I chose Joanna because lighting is super important to me. I could tell from her gallery how much she took care to make use of the light in every setting. Joanna was incredibly patient and knew how to guide the poses of the groom and I. When I received our photos, I was delighted to look at the portrait shots, the candid ones, and everything in between! Joanna is incredibly talented and creative. She made every shot count. I will be looking at my photos every year and years to come. The pictures were timeless and I will treasure them for a long time.

Sent on 01/23/2018

Joanna Sue Photography's reply:

Vanessa these words are so kind and I appreciate it so much! You guys were such a delight to work with!

Katie · Married on 10/01/2017

Joanna was just incredible as our wedding photographer. It was such a wonderful experience working along side her. She is one of those people that you feel you’ve known your whole life within the first few minutes of talking to her. Our engagement session was a blast and our photos of both the engagement and wedding could not have been any better. She brings a definite talent and gift to her work, and her creativity is undeniable! Joanna’s second shooter, her husband Jesse, was also completely awesome according to my hubby! They had a great time hanging out and taking pictures on wedding day too! We are so excited to have met these two, I couldn’t have asked for any better of an experience. We will def be keeping her as a family photographer for other events, and hopefully as a newfound friend in Raleigh! Book this girl Y’all you won’t regret it :)

Jane · Married on 09/16/2017

Joanna is an incredibly talented photographer and it was such pleasure working with her! She put us at ease day of and even scoped out some really amazing photo spots near our venue ahead of time! We love our photos and can't recommend her highly enough! If you're thinking about working with her, don't hesitate!

Grace · Married on 09/02/2017

Joanna and Jesse were great at our wedding! They put us at ease in front of the camera and are such a pleasure to be around. We are thrilled with how our photos turned out!

Nicole · Married on 06/03/2017

Joanna was so easy to get along with and has a way of making you feel really comfortable! Her eye for details and beautiful shots/lighting is amazing. We are so lucky we met her!!

Melanie · Married on 05/27/2017

Joanna was amazing. She shot our engagement and wedding photos which turned out absolutely amazing! She worked with our busy schedules and lack of creativity and gave our pictures life and theme. Her and her husband were so fun to be around and made taking pictures so easy and helpful. We highly recommend her and will use her in the future!

Candice · Married on 05/19/2017

I met Joanna first whiling strolling through a bridal expo in the Fall in Raleigh. With so many wedding decisions on photography vendors, I was beyond overwhelmed and no one was really standing out to me. Once Joanna handed me a Jane Austen novel to use as a hard surface to write my contact information at her booth, I knew we would get along just fine. This past October, Joanna already proved her photography talents with our engagement photos. We were very grateful she was so flexible with us to include our miniature schnauzer in our engagement photos. Now in July, we have just gotten our photos from our late May wedding, and we are stunned in how amazing the photos have come out. My husband and I are extremely impressed. Prior to the wedding, I asked Joanna for an emphasis of photographs of my grandparents in the wedding. She exceeded my expectation. I could not be more happier with the way she captured my Papa dancing. Joanna and her husband are an unstoppable photography team. If you want a photographer that is organized, professional, pays to the utmost attention to details, captures every important moment, and who will listen to your every need, chose Joanna Sue Photography.

• Angela

Angela · Married on 03/11/2017

We are so grateful to Joanna Sue Photography for capturing all of our wedding day photos! Joanna and her husband Jesse were AWESOME to work with & made taking those "awkward" pictures extremely easy, fun and effortless to do. Joanna is so professional and she makes you feel so comfortable throughout the entire process. We can't thank you enough and will cherish those pictures for a lifetime!

Rebecca · Married on 02/25/2017

Wow. We'll I only have 3500 characters to express how much I loved having Joanna and Jesse with us on our wedding day to capture everything.
    Photography was so important to me because I knew that of EVERYTHING from that day, the only things that would truly last forever would be the pictures.
    Joanna was very flexible in working with me. She is great at communication which is a huge plus with wedding vendors.
    She gave direction very well in the stressful environment of trying to get two large families together for pictures.
    When I received my wedding photos back I was in awe. They looked like they were straight from a wedding magazine.
    I could tell that each image had a purpose and a vision. She and her husband weren't just walking around snapping pictures. Their effort to capture my day for what is was truly shined through their work.
    Looking through the photos I was able to completely relive my day and experience all the little moments that just flew by so fast.
    The light, the positioning, the editing, the creativity, the quality, all of it was just everything I have ever wanted for my wedding pictures. They pay so much attention to detail.
    I would HIGHLY recommend Joanna to anyone!
    Joanna is always willing to step out of her comfort zone and try new things and adjust to a couple's "style" which is so awesome and ensures that your pictures will truly be unique!
    The Shugart's LOVE Joanna Sue Photography!

Sent on 04/04/2017

Joanna Sue Photography's reply:

And now I'm crying! The Pacchioli's love the Shugarts!! Thanks girl!!! You guys make it worth it!!