JKW Beauty Reviews

612 | Frederick, MD

612 Reviews for JKW Beauty

Haley Fowler · Married on 09/26/2020

The Dream Team

I am blown away by this group of women! They are all so talented, beautiful inside and out, and carry so much confidence. I had the pleasure of working with Megan and I truly admire her. She is effortlessly cool and she is insanely gifted when it comes to hair and makeup. She did my bridal hair along with some of my bridesmaids hair and makeup. I had been singing her praises ever since my hair trial, and all of my best friends understood why on my big day! Megan instantly saw my vision and was actively sending me inspiration leading up to the big day. She and Mandy brought such great energy the morning of the wedding- and we all felt the most beautiful we’ve ever felt. I know there are a ton of hair and makeup artists in this area and the decision can be challenging for your big day, but I promise these ladies will make you feel like a billion bucks!

Sent on 10/12/2020
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 09/19/2020

Five stars!

Megan and the JKW Beauty team were amazing! Not only did they help me feel beautiful on my big day, but they came in clutch when my original hair and makeup artist was unavailable due to COVID. I CANNOT say enough nice things about this beauty team - book with them, they're worth it and so are you!

Sent on 08/11/2020
  • Chelsey

Chelsey Conrad · Married on 09/19/2020

Jkw beauty is amazing - artist kelsey is so talented!

JKW Beauty is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!! Kelsey was my makeup artist for my wedding and she made me feel like a magical fairy princess queen! Not only is she so talented but she was so much fun to talk to and work with. She made me feel calm on my wedding day because I knew she was going to do such a good job on my makeup! After our beauty preview, I knew that Kelsey was the prefect makeup artist for me! Kelsey and the JKW beauty team were also super accommodating during this crazy time in our world. I had a big wedding party so Kelsey had Melissa with her as her assistant who is also just SO talented! All of my bridesmaids, my mom, my husbands mom, and my aunt (who officiated the wedding) looked absolutely stunning!!!! Seriously, the makeup was PERFECTION! And it stayed on all night long! I would recommend JKW Beauty, Kelsey, and Melissa any day!!! I hope all of my friends getting married in the future will use them!

Sent on 10/06/2020
  • Tamar

Tamar Sivaslian · Married on 08/29/2020

Absolutely amazing!

Like many others, our wedding plans changed drastically and many times over the last few months. My now husband and I decided we wanted to get married with a small church ceremony amongst just family. At first I was so disappointed that our initial plans didn’t pan out so I didn’t think about having a beauty plan. I’m so happy I changed my mind! Mandy was absolutely amazing and made me feel so incredibly beautiful. She listened to everything I wanted and ran with my bohemian vision. I can’t wait to have the same feeling for our ceremony next year with all of our friends and loved ones! I know my bridesmaids will be just as impressed as I was!!

Sent on 09/09/2020

Megan Kidwell · Married on 08/28/2020

Perfect from start to finish

Laura, piper, and Kelsey were amazing to work with! From start to finish they were a dream team! I wasn’t sure the exact look I was going for, but Laura gave suggestions, provided options, and my hair turned out beautiful! Kelsey killed the make-up and Piper made sure my bridesmaids, Mother’s, and JR bridesmaids looked stunning!

The day of my wedding was perfect! They were on time and moved so smoothly through each person. I booked both hair and makeup and had a large bridal party (over 9), and they finished with time to spare for addition add on services and time for pictures. I wasn’t sure that I wanted to book a vendor for hair and makeup, but I’m so happy I did! The money spent was well worth it and the pictures turned out amazing! Not only do they offer hair and makeup, but they offer tanning, previews, and many other bridal beauty needs! They had options for everything! I would highly recommend JKW and especially any of the wonderful ladies that worked with me the day of!

Sent on 09/09/2020

Katie · Married on 08/28/2020

Look no further for your wedding hair / makeup

JKW Beauty KILLED IT on my wedding day - thank you Megan!! I absolutely love their process of pairing you with a hair/ makeup artist. They get a sense of your style and really personalize things for you - which is such a great idea. I got my makeup done by another salon in Frederick and literally looked like a clown for my engagement photos. I was in a wedding shortly after my own and also came out looking like bozo. JKW Beauty matched me with one of their ladies (Megan) and she friggin killed it on my trial and killed it even more on my wedding day. Not to mention it felt like hanging out with a friend on both occasions. Thank you Megan so much for making me look absolutely amazing with hair / makeup and hanging out with us all day! Thank you Jordan for being so gracious with my incessant emails and plans changing (thanks covid). Ladies, if there's one thing not to skimp on with your wedding its hair and makeup, and you will not regret using JKW beauty for it I promise you!

Sent on 09/14/2020
  • Michelle

Michelle Gettle · Married on 08/22/2020

So Thankful for JKW!

I booked JKW after experiencing their great services previously at 2 other weddings, and they delivered yet again! The whole team is professional, easy to work with, fun and flexible. They were able to pivot to provide services for our small, COVID wedding, and we still get to look forward to their services again next year at our bigger party!

Sent on 09/01/2020

Emily Barbieri · Married on 08/14/2020

Incredible Beauty Team!!

JKW Beauty is a must for your wedding dream team! I could not have been happier with the service we received on my wedding day! Our incredible team of Jordan, Kelsey, and Laura were fun, easy going, very professional, and perfected my bridal parties hair and make up! They work so well with all hair types and have expert advice for any question!

I worked with Jordan throughout the entire process and she made my vision come to life! Not only was she flexible with our wedding date being impacted by COVID, she helped ease my stress and provided professional input during a time of uncertainty! I cannot thank her enough for this!

During my bridal preview she listened to what I was envisioning and brought to life Pinterest photos! I cannot stress enough how incredible her talent is! I left knowing I was in good hands for my wedding day! Trust me when I say this is the best hair and make up team in the DMV!

Sent on 08/26/2020
  • Tess

Tess Calle · Married on 07/31/2020

Natural and Perfect

I have never felt more beautiful in makeup than my wedding day thanks to Megan Brackna from JKW Beauty. She honestly felt like a girlfriend the whole time getting me ready and did such a wonderful job for my hair and makeup. My friends highly recommended her and from the looks of her instagram - she seemed like the perfect person to give me a natural boho bridal look. She used multiple products I ended up taking pictures of to order later and best of all, she used a airbrush foundation that literally made my skin look photoshopped! It was flawless and lasted the entire day.

Most of all, I have to recommend JKW Beauty because without hesitation, they came to my #covid rescue. Skipping explanations because we all know the cancellations and heartbreaks of a pandemic-bride, let's just say I only had 2 days left to lock in someone for hair/makeup. Jordan, the owner, returned my tearful voicemail within hours, figured out a 1-person bride package on the spot and hooked me up with Megan! No trial, a 5 min phone consult and the very next morning - I had the best h+mu artist literally getting me ready for the best day of my life and was an absolute sweetheart chatting with me all morning and taking posed pictures like a bridesmaid would. (love ya girl!!)

Like many engaged ladies/gents in 2020, I am a #loveisnotcancelled #covidbride. With how JKW took care of me in no time/high stress/no trial/etc., you just know this team is first-class. They mean it when they care about you as a bride as if you are family. While I would have Megan do my h+mu for every big event of my life if i could, you can believe every artist that Jordan hires is just the same -- great personalities, highly-skilled and set up with all the tools/lashes/colors/products that can make anyone feel like a model on their wedding day.

Sent on 09/17/2020

Alexandra Mccormick · Married on 07/11/2020

A Joy To Work With

JKW came to my rescue as a COVID-19 bride. They listened to me and paired me with an excellent artist who nailed my hair and makeup. Lauren was professional and super friendly. She made me feel and look my most beautiful. I felt confident the whole day. Thank you for all your hard work, we truly enjoyed having you and would recommend JKW to everyone!

Sent on 07/21/2020
  • Cassandra

Cassandra Mercer · Married on 07/11/2020

Everything I had hoped for!!!

I had actually found Megan Brackna, one of the artists at JKW, by searching around on Instagram for that perfect hairstyle I was after for my summer 2019 wedding. Unfortunately, she was already booked that day! Quite unexpectedly, our 2019 wedding needed to be postponed at the last minute, so we knew we were going to move forward with our new wedding date in 2020 no matter what that looked like. As fate would have it, Megan was available this time around!!! JKW and Megan could not have been more of a pleasure to work with throughout the entire process. Megan is truly an absolute gem of a human being, and I could not have felt like me and my girls were more taken care of on the day of my wedding. Honestly I want to get married all over again just so Megan can work her magic - an evening just wasn’t enough to bask in that amazing hair/makeup. She takes her work so seriously, and she is SO in touch with her brides and their needs. I can’t stress that enough. She also introduced me to the world of airbrush tanning just days before my wedding and I am a changed lady!! JKW and specifically Megan are total MUSTS for ANY bride!!

Sent on 08/04/2020

Ann Herman · Married on 07/03/2020

Wonderful start to my wedding day!

We had a tiny wedding with only immediate family as our guests, and Jordan helped make the wedding morning so fun! The experience of getting glamorous with my mom, mother-in-law and sister-in-law is one of my favorite memories from my special day. Jordan gave each of us exactly the look we were going for and we all looked, and more importantly felt, so beautiful!

Sent on 05/25/2020
  • Liz

Liz Cook · Married on 06/27/2020

Absolutely perfect!

Jordan and her team are absolute professionals and just stellar at their jobs. From my first call with Jordan, she made me feel so comfortable as she talked through all the precautions they were taking to keep everyone safe through the pandemic. As soon as I got off the phone, I knew they were the best fit for us. The thought and care Jordan put into their preparations for the event was excellent.

On the day of, Laura and Jennifer we’re both on time, fun, friendly, and most importantly exceptionally good at their jobs, and had us moving ahead of schedule! I had multiple bridesmaids ask me where I found them because they were the best hair and makeup team they’d seen (all of these ladies are married themselves, so they’ve worked with hair and makeup before!). Everyone looked perfect!

I can’t recommend these ladies any higher, from start to finish, a pleasure to work with, and I’m so thrilled with their work. If you’re looking for hair and makeup, BOOK THEM!

Sent on 07/07/2020

JKW Beauty's reply:

Liz - you made our day! Thank you for sharing and look forward to seeing you and the girls for part 2 in Nov 2021!
  • Rebecca

Rebecca Chuvalas · Married on 06/20/2020

Absolutely Phenomenal!!

My husband and I originally had our wedding to be in November 2021. However, we had to speed things up quite a bit when I lost my health insurance at the end of May. Since I am immune compromised, we made the decision to go with an intimate wedding with 30 of our closest friends and family members. I got to working on planning our wedding in 2.5 weeks. Jordan was right there and responded immediately to my needs, requirements, and comprehension of my vision. She was super responsive, professional, and really reasonable with pricing. She also was extremely flexible with my needs & budget, especially in a pandemic! Jordan paired me with Megan Brackna, and Jordan really took my vision and style 100% in mind when she paired with her. OMG, Megan is absolutely amazing, incredibly receptive, and a true artist. She made me feel like I was a goddess, calmed my little nerves that I did have, and nailed my look even though we never had a trial given the short turn around time. Jordan and her team are just phenomenal. I have been in the wedding/hospitality industry for a long time, and I am sad that I haven't known these ladies longer! I couldn't recommend JKW Beauty enough!!!

Sent on 08/01/2020
  • Mary

Mary Kackley · Married on 06/06/2020

Jordan is amazing!!

Look no further for you bridal party glam squad! Jordan did my hair and make up for my super small, backyard wedding in June. Despite the pandemic, she went above and beyond to make everyone there feel comfortable. As we scaled back the wedding because of Covid, I totally changed my vision for the day and Jordan knocked it out of the park! Can’t wait for her and her team to glam up my bridesmaids and I in 2021!

Sent on 10/14/2020
  • Kaitlin

Kaitlin Donohue · Married on 06/05/2020

Classic Beauty

I worked with JKW Beauty for my wedding experience and it was nothing short of amazing! I attended my bridal preview at their adorable salon and was honored to have Melissa work on my bridal hairstyle and Kelsey work on my make up. I left the preview feeling gorgeous and was so excited for my big day! On my wedding day, Melissa and Kelsey arrived early and were set up for my bridal party and I before we had even arrived. They were friendly, professional, flexible and had lots of fun with my bridal party. I made a couple last minute switches to my hairstyle & it was able to be easily done! Every single person in my bridal party felt gorgeous and I felt like it was all a dream! I can't thank the team enough for the prompt responses, professional level make up and hair team and the fun, laid back and flexible personalities of the staff. Thanks JKW Beauty! :)

Sent on 05/29/2019

Rebecca S. · Married on 05/12/2020

Making beauty dreams a reality

I am beyond impressed by JKW Beauty. I’ve never felt more beautiful in my life! Jordan was able to take a very general idea of what I wanted and turn it into a reality that far exceeded my expectations. We did an outdoor ceremony on a very windy December day and my hair and makeup stayed perfectly throughout the day & night; I was even able to keep it on through the brunch the next morning! Jordan and Mandy went above and beyond with my bridesmaids, MOB, 3-year-old flower girl, and were even able to accommodate my niece that was able to come to the wedding last minute. They were brought such a positive and fun energy to the bridal suite! My mother was absolutely beaming and told me she had never felt so pampered and gorgeous. I highly recommend JKW Beauty for your wedding or any event when you want to feel incredible.

Sent on 12/19/2020

Nicole · Married on 04/25/2020

Jordan and her team came and did my hair and makeup before my Christmas party. They were AMAZING!!!! They were so fun and great to work with, just like my girlfriends getting ready together. They made me look flawless! Would absolutely recommend to any bride :) thanks Jordan!!!!!!

Sent on 12/19/2014
  • Kimberly

Kimberly Stegeman · Married on 04/17/2020

Perfection!

Jordan, Mandy, and Kelsey did such an amazing job on my wedding day. They made everyone feel comfortable and the day of hair and makeup was so fun and relaxing for us. They were kind and flexible through the entire process! Everyone received many compliments on our hair and makeup. They really made everyone look like the best versions of themselves!

Sent on 08/06/2020
  • Brittany

Brittany Welch · Married on 03/10/2020

Perfection

Jordan and Kelly were amazing! They made me and my girls feel absolutely beautiful and they were so much fun to spend time with in the morning as I was getting ready for my big day! There were a few last-minute changes and Jordan was more than willing to accommodate my requests. When I booked with JKW I knew I would have nothing to worry about because Jordan and her team are incredible. Jordan is just an amazing person and will make you feel comfortable from the second you meet her. JKW Beauty is by far the best of the best and couldn’t imagine my day without them!

Sent on 10/06/2020
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 02/29/2020

Exceptional! The best beauty team in DMV!

If you’re looking for a beauty dream team, look no further than JKW Beauty. I was so happy and relieved when I found Megan from JKW! I had done about 8 trials with other beauty companies in the DMV area prior and left every single one of those trials disappointed. But everything changed when I booked a beauty preview with JKW.

First of all, their studio is located in the cute downtown area of Frederick. When you go in, you are one-on-one with your beauty artist, so you get very personalized attention. I walked in and met Megan and was instantly put at ease. She is just a great person and will make you feel so comfortable from the get-go. She takes the time to really listen to your concerns, your preferences, and will happily look through any inspiration photos you have to share. You are not rushed at all. You have the time to truly create a look with your artist, and she will happily tweak things as you complete the look, so that you get exactly what you want.

I left that trial knowing I need to book immediately with JKW! And I have never once regretted that decision. On my wedding day, Megan and Jordan came to my hotel room and brought great energy to the day. My bridesmaids looked BEAUTIFUL and they raved about the services they received. And I felt so at ease and confident while getting my hair and makeup done knowing that I was in great hands with Megan.

Trust me when I tell you this is the best hair and makeup team in the DMV area. I work in luxury hospitality sales and events, and I know exceptional service when I see and receive it. This company is the only company in the DMV area I will recommend to my friends and my clients for perfect hair and makeup services. They are reliable, exceptional professionals with a great eye for bridal beauty and style.

Thank you Megan and Jordan for making me feel so beautiful ! I appreciate you more than I can ever express.

Sent on 03/03/2020
  • Carrie

Carrie Arentz · Married on 02/22/2020

Curly hair people look no further

I had so much anxiety when it came to choosing my hairstyle for my wedding day. I have very kinky curly hair and there are only a few special kind of people in this world that do curls and do them WELL. Megan from JKW Beauty seriously BLEW me away with how well she listened to me, paid attention to every single thing that I wanted, and she delivered it to me. I’ve never once been 100% happy with updos in my hair and I’ve been a bridesmaid 7 times before my own wedding. This was the exception. Megan ROCKED my hair trial and my wedding day hair. She took the time to take and reshape my spirals and matched exactly what I had envisioned for my wedding day. She truly was A GIFT FROM GOD and she’s fun to hangout with too! My girls complimented how awesome her and Mandy were to work with on the day of and I had so many guests tell me how awesome my entire wedding party looked! Definitely one of the best decisions that I made for my wedding day!

Photos by Karen Rainier Photography

Sent on 03/03/2020

Meredith · Married on 02/10/2020

A pleasure to work with!

The JKW team was an absolute pleasure to work with! From coordination to the day of my wedding, everything was super smooth. Specifically, I worked with Mandy and she was terrific. She perfectly executed the look I wanted and had lots of great suggestions to really bring it to life. I would highly recommend this team!

Sent on 10/12/2020
  • Caitlin

Caitlin Marcheschi · Married on 01/08/2020

The BEST beauty team and the kindest people!!!

Holy cow, I don't even know where to start. Booking JKW was the best decision. I love makeup and glam, so when I first got engaged, I knew I wanted to find the best of the best to help do me up for the big day. I had seen JKW's work at a friend's wedding and knew they were top-notch, so I reached out to them first. After our initial conversation, I knew I wanted to book them asap.

From the very beginning, the JKW team was very responsive and helpful - allowing me to explain my likes and what I was going for and tweaking my look to be perfect. Jordan was my head artist and helped during my trial to make my full glam makeup request look flawless and even helped guide me in choosing hair extensions that would work for the hairstyle I wanted. I was also really excited that Jordan uses amazing quality products (Pat McGrath, Nars, Armani) - she's so passionate about her work and it really shows!

I was already beyond happy with having booked JKW and a month out from the big day when BOOM. COVID-19. Postponing our fully-planned April wedding felt incredibly daunting, but Jordan and her team were so quick to jump right in with me and work out a new date that would work for everyone. Every response was so kind and encouraging and timely. It honestly helped the replanning process go much smoother than I ever could have imagined. We postponed for August, which also ended up not being far enough out for our full-sized event. In the end, we decided to still get married in a micro ceremony and push our reception. As soon as I was in touch with Jordan and her team, they jumped right into action to work with me. Initially, our wedding plans included hair and makeup services for 11 people. JKW had created a micro package in response to COVID and the shift in weddings and we were able to schedule hair and makeup services for a much smaller group of 4 (my bridal services, my MOH sister, and the two mamas).

We finally made it to the big day - Jordan and Mandy were our 2 artists and they showed up right on time and were so enthusiastic and excited :) Given the more intimate wedding, I had decided last minute that I wanted to tone down my makeup look. Jordan was SO flexible and adjusted to make everything perfect for our smaller occasion. Both my mother and sister NEVER wear makeup (not sure where I got my makeup gene from...) and Jordan was also able to totally nail their request for very natural looks. Everyone's hair and makeup turned out perfect - and we all felt so amazing. Mandy's hairstyles were stunning and Jordan made my hair look even better than it had at the trial! I didn't think that was possible! AND all our hair and makeup lasted for hours, even in August heat. Finally, Jordan and the team were so professional in responding to the current state of the world by adding additional safety measures to their services to make sure everyone felt safe (ie we had a separate room to have hair and makeup done, face shields and masks were worn, etc). I really appreciated that attention to detail - after going through so much change from what we had initially envisioned, how JKW conducted themselves really showed they cared about our safety.

I honestly can not say enough amazing things about JKW Beauty. From the talent of the team to the compassion and empathy they showed during such trying times - they are the BEST kind of people. We're planning on using them again for our rescheduled reception (I'm going full glam this time!) and I'm so thankful to have found Jordan and her team. BOOK THEM - seriously you will not regret it!

Sent on 09/13/2020
  • Cassie

Cassie Doyle · Married on 12/31/2019

JKW Beauty was so helpful and wonderful

My experience with JKW Beauty was so positive! I was initially very nervous since I don't wear a lot of makeup and was nervous about not looking like myself.

During my trial, Jennifer was attentive and helpful, and she patiently worked with me that day and over email to find solutions that worked for me. Mandy was super kind and understood what I was looking for right away. The end result was perfect.

Piper was also an amazing addition to the team on the day of. Our whole wedding party looked beautiful!

Sent on 01/27/2020