JKW Beauty Reviews

603 | Frederick, MD

603 Reviews for JKW Beauty

Maggie Kemper · Getting married on 07/10/2022

The freakin' best!

The JKW ladies are so rad! I had Jordan for my bridal preview and then had Jordan & Laura for the wedding day of for my hair and make-up and my bridesmaids' & mom's make-up. During planning our Hallowedding, Covid hit and I was just feeling so down and saddened by everything and the uncertainty of if our wedding was going to even happen. I had my bridal preview with Jordan during this time and she was the best mood lifter! She was so awesome to chat with and gushed about my ideas for hair and make-up and said "This wedding NEEDS to happen, if only just so I can do your hair," which was such an awesome positive thing to hear at that moment. Jordan even had me text her pictures when I went to try on my dress right after the bridal preview! The day-of, Jordan and Laura were the best hype-women. They kept us on time, but made sure to gab with us. Each of my bridesmaids and my mom talked about how they were literally the nicest and gave everyone just the best compliments. Jordan was also very flexible and took my last-minute hair accessory additions in stride. My hair and make-up looked amazing all night (the hair stayed in!). Cannot emphasize enough how awesome these ladies were! My bridesmaids and I felt like babes all night!

Sent on 11/13/2020

Leslie · Getting married on 05/08/2022

Amazing Hair & Makeup!

I loved working with JKW for my wedding! From the start, Jordan was responsive and flexible in making many changes throughout the process because of covid and people changing their minds! I went to a trial with Megan at their studio in Frederick which was really fun, easy, and turned out perfect so I knew what to expect on the wedding day. The day of, Megan did my hair (as well as six others) and my makeup, and Jen did five people's makeup. My hair and makeup were both amazing and exactly what I wanted!! My hair has never held a curl before but it turned out exactly like the photos I showed Megan and stayed up the entire time we were outdoors in DC. Everyone else's turned out great too, and Megan and Jen were fun to have in the room with us all morning. Thank you!!

Sent on 09/18/2020
  • Nicole

Nicole Spence · Getting married on 01/09/2022

Best Decision Ever!

Booking JKW Beauty to do my hair and makeup for both my bridal shower and wedding was the best decision ever! I felt so beautiful! They do an amazzzzing job! Thank you JKW for making me feel like the most beautiful bride on my wedding day!

Sent on 10/05/2020

Sarah Hurt · Getting married on 01/07/2022

My hair looked phenomenal in the DC heat and humidity!

Because of the pandemic, I had to reschedule my wedding and fortunately Mandy with JKW was available for my new date! I was nervous selecting a stylist on such short notice and with such little research, but JKW was the first company to respond to my inquiry and they were generally the most responsive overall. So I'm very glad I selected them. Mandy was a calming joy that I needed the morning of my last-minute wedding. She was a great sport about the lack of elevator in our historic hotel, lugging her supplies up several flights of stairs! I have lots of hair but it's incredibly fine and doesn't hold a curl or wave, so the biggest compliment I can give is that Mandy somehow got my hair to stay perfectly in place for about 8 hours... without *any* touchups needs throughout the festivities... despite spending time outside in the blazing heat and humidity of DC in the summer. Per my request, she made my hair style mostly down and somehow I didn't have to touch it up once, yet it looked very natural in its flow. Same compliment for her doing my makeup-- I never had to touch that up either, and it wasn't overboard. Mandy was really respectful of the look I wanted, and she managed to match the photos I showed her unbelievably well, despite me having no ability to schedule a trial beforehand!

Sent on 07/28/2020

Misty Doonis · Getting married on 12/10/2021

Excellent experience

Had the pleasure of Laura, Megan and Jen do hair and make-up at my house the morning of my niece's wedding. They were professional, fun, calm and did an amazing job with hair and make-up for the bride, her 8 bridesmaids, and mom and future mother-in-law. The JKW Beauty team set the tone for the perfect wedding day and I would highly recommend them to any bride.

Sent on 10/31/2020
  • Samantha

Samantha · Getting married on 08/06/2021

Everything I hoped for and more!

I was looking into bridal hair and make up for months until I found JKW beauty. It was actually at a boudoir photo shoot that I met my artist, Megan. As soon as she was done with my hair for the shoot I knew I wanted her for my wedding! As soon as I contacted Jordan about setting everything up for my wedding date and bridal preview she quickly responded and was super helpful with all of the questions I had! I can’t thank JKW for being so accommodating with all of the changes we had to make due to COVID and I’m so so happy that I will be using them again for our bigger celebration next year! I can’t recommend them enough, if you are looking for someone who can give you the perfect look on your wedding day go with them!

Sent on 09/03/2020
  • Mallory

Mallory Finn · Getting married on 06/09/2021

Wedding day hair/makeup

Piper was absolutely amazing! I had a very small (immediately family only) wedding and my hair and makeup was exactly what I imagined. Piper was also wonderful to get to know, which was definitely a bonus!

Sent on 09/28/2020

Lauren Longo · Getting married on 05/12/2021

Simply the best!

I can't say enough about JKW Beauty! Jordan worked with me to create the perfect wedding-day hair style during our initial trial run and absoutley knocked it out of the park on the day of - she truly brought my vision to life and I received so many compliments! All ten of my bridesmaids loved how their hair styles turned out (shout-out to Megan!) and my Mom was elated with both her hair and make-up. If you're searching for a team of highly skilled stylists, I would 100% recommend choosing JKW Beauty to take part in your special day. I had the best time and loved working with both stylists! Thanks again, Jordan & Megan!

Sent on 01/10/2020
  • Geraldine

Geraldine · Married on 11/21/2020

Simply the best

I went through so many make-up artists and could not find someone I felt conformable with for my wedding day. I am glad to have chosen JKW beauty.

Meghan is the best hair and make-up artist I ever met. PERIOD. Not only is she SO GOOD at her job, but she is such an incredible human being. My bridesmaids and I were so beautiful on my wedding day, and it was all because of Meghan, Jenn, and Felicia.

Meghan, thank you for making me feel so beautiful on the most important day of my life. And believe me, I will continue hiring JKW for all my important days; one of my bridesmaids even said she is flying Meghan to Buenos Aires, Argentina, for her wedding day. In conclusion, thank you for making us feel like #models.

Sent on 11/23/2020
  • I

Ina Manzanilla · Married on 11/21/2020

A team of professionals!

Megan and her team were extremely professional and everyone in the bridal party got exactly what they asked for regarding hair and makeup. I’m usually disappointed with other vendors when it comes to getting the hair and makeup I want for formal events, and this was NOT the case at all with JKW Beauty. They are very skilled and perfectly understood what each person wanted done. They were punctual, friendly, and extremely great listeners. Something I especially liked was that they did touch ups before leaving, so if someone had their makeup or hair done early in the morning, they made sure it looked perfect before leaving hours later. They can definitely do a wide variety of hairstyles and makeup, no matter the level of complexity or detail you prefer. Extremely recommended. The most satisfied I have been when it comes to getting my hair and makeup done! This is a team of professionals.

Sent on 11/24/2020

Danielle VanScoyk · Married on 11/07/2020

Amazing!!!

I can’t even put into words how beautiful I felt on my wedding day! JKW did my spray tan, hair and makeup for my big day, and I couldn’t have asked for a better experience. Jordan was wonderful to work with and made my spray tan dreams come true. Laura is a hair and makeup GODDESS and was so easy to work with! My hair inspiration was taken from Pinterest and turned up 100% and even without any makeup inspiration, she read my mind and made me the prettiest I’ve ever been. If you’re looking for boss women who will make you feel like your best self, BOOK JKW!

Sent on 11/09/2020
  • Kate

kate stamer · Married on 11/07/2020

The absolute best!

I couldn't imagine my wedding day without Jordan!!! She is such a kind person and super personable. She does EXACTLY what you want and KILLS IT! I would HIGHLY recommend JKW Beauty :)

Sent on 11/16/2020

Maeve Marion · Married on 11/07/2020

Best Hair and Makeup I’ve Had!

I cannot say enough about how amazing JKW beauty is for anyone getting married, special event, or just because you want to feel gorgeous! I had my hair done by Mandy and makeup by Jennifer. They asked for plenty of details and photo inspiration to help me create my bridal look and they did not disappoint. They were incredibly flexible when I had to switch around my trial hair and makeup three times because of Covid and when we needed to add girls to the day of list. They listened to any tweaks I wanted to make and all of my bridal party looked INCREDIBLE! All of the ladies said they felt like a million bucks and our flower girl look adorable too!

Sent on 11/17/2020

Suzanne Chambers · Married on 10/24/2020

Absolute perfection

Jordan and the JKW Beauty team were beyond perfection. My hair looked absolutely incredible, way beyond what I could have even dreamt up. Look no further for your beauty needs!!

Sent on 11/03/2020

Katie Loukota · Married on 10/17/2020

Married 10/17/20

I hired JKW to be my glam team a year before our wedding - and I'm sooo happy I did! Hair and makeup is a passion of mine, so it was very important for my wedding day. When COVID rolled around, I started getting nervous, but Jordan and her team took ever precaution to make everything safe. She was very communicative, even when my preview had to be rescheduled 3 times.

I was assigned Felicia for hair, and Jenn for makeup. They were AMAZING. Not only extremely skilled, but extremely personable. They instantly became everyone's best friend. All my girls told me how much fun they had talking to them while getting their services done. I ended up changing up my makeup choice after my preview, and Jenn still rocked it and made me look exactly how I wanted. I have very long, thick, wavy/curly hair and Felicia did a GREAT job at giving me the beautiful half up/half down look I wanted. She took her time and made sure it was exactly what I wanted. And both Jenn and Felicia made sure that my makeup and hair would hold up with a mask. (2020 problems, right?) I can honestly say I've never felt more beautiful than I did on my wedding day, thank you, ladies! I'll definitely be booking them for future events that I need to be glammed up for.

Sent on 11/18/2020
  • Ben

Ben · Married on 10/11/2020

Absolutely beautiful work!

Mandy created a beautiful up-do that incorporated a flower crown and beautiful makeup for my mini-mony. Jordan did my spray tan and hair for our big wedding day and it was perfect! Not only did she do a fabulous job with the whole wedding party’s hair, she was also so fun to have around with us while we were getting ready! Would definitely recommend her to a friend!

Sent on 10/18/2020

Brittany Lamb · Married on 09/30/2020

Very pleased!

Jordan was great to work with. I don’t wear makeup regularly and she made me feel comfortable in my own skin. My hair stayed in place all day. She was so responsive throughout the booking process and was flexible when we made a change in the wedding day timeline.

Sent on 10/27/2020

Haley Fowler · Married on 09/26/2020

The Dream Team

I am blown away by this group of women! They are all so talented, beautiful inside and out, and carry so much confidence. I had the pleasure of working with Megan and I truly admire her. She is effortlessly cool and she is insanely gifted when it comes to hair and makeup. She did my bridal hair along with some of my bridesmaids hair and makeup. I had been singing her praises ever since my hair trial, and all of my best friends understood why on my big day! Megan instantly saw my vision and was actively sending me inspiration leading up to the big day. She and Mandy brought such great energy the morning of the wedding- and we all felt the most beautiful we’ve ever felt. I know there are a ton of hair and makeup artists in this area and the decision can be challenging for your big day, but I promise these ladies will make you feel like a billion bucks!

Sent on 10/12/2020
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 09/19/2020

Five stars!

Megan and the JKW Beauty team were amazing! Not only did they help me feel beautiful on my big day, but they came in clutch when my original hair and makeup artist was unavailable due to COVID. I CANNOT say enough nice things about this beauty team - book with them, they're worth it and so are you!

Sent on 08/11/2020
  • Chelsey

Chelsey Conrad · Married on 09/19/2020

Jkw beauty is amazing - artist kelsey is so talented!

JKW Beauty is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!! Kelsey was my makeup artist for my wedding and she made me feel like a magical fairy princess queen! Not only is she so talented but she was so much fun to talk to and work with. She made me feel calm on my wedding day because I knew she was going to do such a good job on my makeup! After our beauty preview, I knew that Kelsey was the prefect makeup artist for me! Kelsey and the JKW beauty team were also super accommodating during this crazy time in our world. I had a big wedding party so Kelsey had Melissa with her as her assistant who is also just SO talented! All of my bridesmaids, my mom, my husbands mom, and my aunt (who officiated the wedding) looked absolutely stunning!!!! Seriously, the makeup was PERFECTION! And it stayed on all night long! I would recommend JKW Beauty, Kelsey, and Melissa any day!!! I hope all of my friends getting married in the future will use them!

Sent on 10/06/2020
  • Tamar

Tamar Sivaslian · Married on 08/29/2020

Absolutely amazing!

Like many others, our wedding plans changed drastically and many times over the last few months. My now husband and I decided we wanted to get married with a small church ceremony amongst just family. At first I was so disappointed that our initial plans didn’t pan out so I didn’t think about having a beauty plan. I’m so happy I changed my mind! Mandy was absolutely amazing and made me feel so incredibly beautiful. She listened to everything I wanted and ran with my bohemian vision. I can’t wait to have the same feeling for our ceremony next year with all of our friends and loved ones! I know my bridesmaids will be just as impressed as I was!!

Sent on 09/09/2020

Megan Kidwell · Married on 08/28/2020

Perfect from start to finish

Laura, piper, and Kelsey were amazing to work with! From start to finish they were a dream team! I wasn’t sure the exact look I was going for, but Laura gave suggestions, provided options, and my hair turned out beautiful! Kelsey killed the make-up and Piper made sure my bridesmaids, Mother’s, and JR bridesmaids looked stunning!

The day of my wedding was perfect! They were on time and moved so smoothly through each person. I booked both hair and makeup and had a large bridal party (over 9), and they finished with time to spare for addition add on services and time for pictures. I wasn’t sure that I wanted to book a vendor for hair and makeup, but I’m so happy I did! The money spent was well worth it and the pictures turned out amazing! Not only do they offer hair and makeup, but they offer tanning, previews, and many other bridal beauty needs! They had options for everything! I would highly recommend JKW and especially any of the wonderful ladies that worked with me the day of!

Sent on 09/09/2020

Katie · Married on 08/28/2020

Look no further for your wedding hair / makeup

JKW Beauty KILLED IT on my wedding day - thank you Megan!! I absolutely love their process of pairing you with a hair/ makeup artist. They get a sense of your style and really personalize things for you - which is such a great idea. I got my makeup done by another salon in Frederick and literally looked like a clown for my engagement photos. I was in a wedding shortly after my own and also came out looking like bozo. JKW Beauty matched me with one of their ladies (Megan) and she friggin killed it on my trial and killed it even more on my wedding day. Not to mention it felt like hanging out with a friend on both occasions. Thank you Megan so much for making me look absolutely amazing with hair / makeup and hanging out with us all day! Thank you Jordan for being so gracious with my incessant emails and plans changing (thanks covid). Ladies, if there's one thing not to skimp on with your wedding its hair and makeup, and you will not regret using JKW beauty for it I promise you!

Sent on 09/14/2020
  • Michelle

Michelle Gettle · Married on 08/22/2020

So Thankful for JKW!

I booked JKW after experiencing their great services previously at 2 other weddings, and they delivered yet again! The whole team is professional, easy to work with, fun and flexible. They were able to pivot to provide services for our small, COVID wedding, and we still get to look forward to their services again next year at our bigger party!

Sent on 09/01/2020