Jim Kennedy Photographers Reviews

Jim Kennedy Photographers 6
Jim Kennedy Photographers 7
  • BellaRu

BellaRu Events · Getting married on 07/01/2023

Truly a dream come true!

Working with Amber and Megan with Jim Kennedy Photography was truly a dream come true. Not only are they incredibly talented and professional but you will also fall in love with their spunky and kind personalities. They're organized and punctual which, as wedding planners, we cannot explain how crucial this is. Photographers are one of the most valuable vendors at events and these girls can be trusted to get the job done. They had graceful control of our detailed timeline and moved throughout the event effortlessly. Now, to fast forward to their work.... WOW! We were blown away with not only the quality of their pictures but also the priceless moments they captured. It's like, they just know when and where to be at throughout the day. Both our clients, as well as ourselves, are forever grateful for the wonderful experience with Megan and Amber. We are beyond eager to work with Jim Kennedy photography in the near future!

Sent on 08/26/2019
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Getting married on 02/20/2020

AMAZING Photography!

We were amazed with our Engagement Photography with Megan! Bright and gorgeous photos, perfectly designed for us in mind. We had a blast with her shooting our photos throughout the Disney parks- she dared to dream with us and make our dreams come true with a little magic and pixie dust! We couldn’t be more thankful! Highly recommend!

Sent on 03/08/2019
    Jim Kennedy Photographers 8

Venessa · Married on 10/18/2019

We don't have our final pictures yet, but our engagement photos were fabulous. Dawn was our photographer and she was incredible. She was not pushy or bossy, but got everyone together and didn't miss a trick. She made quick adjustments for weather and I am confident that my pictures will be all that I could hope for. Dawn has done other shoots for us and we love her!

Sent on 11/30/2011
  • Neeki

Neeki Moat · Married on 10/05/2019

Awesome photogrpaher for our wedding

I am so pleased to have found Jim Kennedy. He and his staff were so accomodating and worked with me on what I was going for. They weren't pushy either, like some other photogrpahers. They stand by their work product and are able to work under pressure. I've already had a chance to see some of our wedding photos and I'm beyond ecstatic to see the rest! I was at ease the whole time when they were shooting and feel so lucky that they were available for my wedding date. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 10/10/2019

Jim Kennedy Photographers's reply:

Thank you Neeki, I know my team loved capturing your big day. So happy to hear that you love the sneak peeks! We can't wait to share more.
  • Kelsey

Kelsey Anderson · Married on 09/19/2019

Magical Day at Disney✨

Being from out of state we were really nervous about hiring a photographer for our Disney wedding. After doing some online research and looking at their samples photos we decided to go with Jim and his photographers. Jim himself called us to go over our vision for the wedding a made a lot of helpful suggests with timing of the wedding. We later spoke with amber who ended being our photographer for the day. She was so easy going took amazing pictures. She has extremely helpful suggestion. My favorite pictures were all the little details of our big day and how she captured not only me and my husband but a ton of our daughter and family that was there. She listened to what I wanted on my wedding day and took it to a whole different magical level. I loved how many photos we got back (over 1000) with two albums one with highlights to share with family and friends. We also two separate videos one with the whole ceremony and one with highlights. If we ever go to California I hope that we can work with them again in the future. I can't say enough good things about Jim and his crew! Thanks again!!

Sent on 10/17/2019
    Jim Kennedy Photographers 9
    Jim Kennedy Photographers 10
    Jim Kennedy Photographers 11
  • Heather

Heather Huynh · Married on 09/14/2019

Excellent Service & Amazing Photographer

HIGHLY RECOMMEND! Before hiring Jim Kennedy Photographers, my now husband and I visited 6 different venues. Every venue we visited had Jim Kennedy Photographers listed as a Preferred Vendor. I took that as a sign to reach out for their services, even though I thought there would be a risk of them being unavailable for my date (as it was in September and September is a busy wedding month). Jim reached out to me that day and we scheduled a phone appointment. To my surprise, Jim himself was available on my wedding day! We spoke for about 5-7 minutes. He asked questions about my now husband and me, our vision, and about himself. I felt comfortable with him and felt like we would work well together. We decided to book with him, and we are SO GLAD that we did!

Jim was extremely professional and pleasant to work with. He was running around with his team to ensure we had the perfect shots. He even held my 10 ft long train to make sure it wasn't dragging on the ground. That's dedication! Before he left for the night, he asked if there were any specific shots that I wanted. He was very open to shot ideas, and sticks to the timeline very well. Jim is experienced and has been in the industry for 20+ years, and it truly shows in his work. I will have SO MANY amazing and beautiful pictures to look back on and cherish. Do yourself a favor and hire Jim Kennedy Photographers!

Sent on 10/09/2019
    Jim Kennedy Photographers 18
    Jim Kennedy Photographers 19
    Jim Kennedy Photographers 20

Heather,

This review just made my day. So happy I was available for your day. I knew we would have a blast working together. I'd carry your long wedding train around for you anytime. So much fun!

Jim
  • Gladys

Gladys · Married on 08/31/2019

JKP captured our wedding moments perfectly!

Amber from Jim Kennedy Photographers photographed our wedding at La Purisima Catholic Church (ceremony) and at Rancho Las Lomas (reception) on 08/31/2019.

From our initial meeting to all the emails leading up to our special day, Amber was responsive, professional, personable, and fun! She really listened to what we wanted to capture, all the special moments with our family and friends, and all the candid moments on the dance floor. She completely understood what we wanted.

We had a really long day... we started with a first look, pre-ceremony photos with family and the wedding party, ceremony (Catholic Mass), private photos throughout our venue with just the bride and groom, and then reception. Amber and her partner, John, were so easy to work with and their energy never slowed down.

Throughout the entire night, they were there even if I didn't notice them right away... they were snapping photos non-stop and I'm sure they caught many special moments on camera. I can't wait to see all the photos!

Whenever we asked for a particular photo, they would not hesitate and they would take the photos we requested. They were also amazing at handling large groups of people and getting them all together for one photo.

One thing that really stood out to me and I hadn't even considered it was taking a large group photo with all our guests on the dance floor... Thank you Amber for that great idea!! I'm sure that will be one of our favorite photographs.

We've already received some sneak peak photos from Amber and they are gorgeous! She really did a great job in capturing our love for each other.

JKP pricing is appropriate and their quality of work is ten-folds their cost! Their portfolio shows their quality and it's well worth hiring JKP for their photography services.

I'm very happy we chose Jim Kennedy Photographers for their services and we 100% recommend them for your photo needs!

Sent on 09/12/2019
    Jim Kennedy Photographers 25
    Jim Kennedy Photographers 26
  • Andrew

Andrew · Married on 08/02/2019

Amber and Megan = 5 STARS!!!

Amber and Megan are simply the best and we couldn’t be happier to have had them on our team. They are professional, enthusiastic, charismatic, and photogenically adept at capturing amazing moment at the right time.

A month prior to our wedding day, Kristel and I met with Amber to provide her a timeline of our event and almost instantly Amber had a vision of what photos she was going to capture. She helped us put together a list of locations, poses, and suggested the most opportune time to take pictures to make sure we didn’t miss any highlights.

From the moment our event started until the end, Amber and Megan took amazing shots. Its almost 2 months since Kristel and I got married and our family and friends still go through our pictures in amazement describing it as elegant, royalty, glamorous, fun, and exciting. We cannot thank Amber and Megan enough for capturing the highlights of the best day of our lives!

Hire Jim Kennedy and ask for Amber and Megan, they will not disappoint! Their website is full of amazing pictures and we’re glad to be included in their blog, feel free to check it out!

Sent on 09/23/2019
    Jim Kennedy Photographers 27
  • Erica

Erica Tartaglia · Married on 07/27/2019

The. Absolute. Best.

I have written this review for Jim Kennedy Photographers many times. Each time, I feel like it's not enough and something is left out. Jim and his team are absolute perfection. They are very personable and make you feel comfortable, which results in amazing photos. We used JKP for both our Engagement Session & Wedding and are equally beyond happy with both. We are receiving TONS of compliments from our family and friends of how amazing our photos look! So many happy and loving memories captured at just the right time. JKP is DEFINITELY the team you want for your event!!!

Sent on 07/27/2019
  • Brooke

Brooke Pletcher · Married on 07/27/2019

Captured my wedding day perfectly!

With so many photographers out there it's hard to know who is best. I could not be more pleased with my experience with Jim Kennedy. He was so easy to work with and extremely professional. My photos turned out absolutely fantastic and he got them back to me so quickly! Jim is worth every penny!

Sent on 08/20/2019
    Jim Kennedy Photographers 28

Jim Kennedy Photographers's reply:

Thank You Brooke, I knew right after that engagement session that your wedding was going to be so much fun. Thanks for being such an amazing bride.
  • Tina

Tina Richey · Married on 07/13/2019

10 Stars for sure!!!!!

10 stars for sure!!! Jim made the process easy from the start! His photographers Amber and Ashley did an AMAZING job capturing our special wedding day! They worked together as a team and made the entire process relaxing and enjoyable!!!! 'Very impressed!
    They are very professional and keep you on your timeline. They are also very creative in regards to capturing the right shots and lighting.
    I would highly recommend them to anyone seeking professional photos!
    Tina and Bob Richey

Sent on 07/16/2019

Brian · Married on 07/13/2019

Simply The Best Photographers!!!!!!

*THE ONLY PHOTOGRAPHERS YOU SHOULD CONSIDER FOR AN OC WEDDING!*

Found on Instagram and fell in love. We worked with Cheryl and Megan for our wedding day, and they were nothing short of spectacular. We got to know Cheryl early during our engagement shoot. Fun, friendly, and a great person to help us overcome the awkwardness of doing romantic poses in front of strangers. Also, turns out she's one hell of a photographer. Her choice of setting, light, and poses were nothing shorty of stunning. Best part was she guides you the whole way through, like a model at a photo shoot.

Day of they were even better! They came early to bride/groom for the prep shots, and basically felt like part of the wedding party. Great candids and staged shots. At the ceremony, we barely noticed them, which is actually a great thing if you've ever been to a wedding where the photogs are tramping all over the place and become a major distraction. Despite hardly seeing or hearing them, they managed to capture some amazing shots of the most important parts of the ceremony.

Once we hit cocktail hour, their professionalism hit peak form. Knowing that we wanted to really just get to the party, they had us ready to go. Knew where to take the shots, what poses to make, who goes where, etc. But also all while having fun and helping make us smile. They were *especially* great with the flower girl and ring bearer to make them giggle and smile and not hate standing around while we were doing grownup things.

Family pictures can be tough, especially when there is a big extended family, but they were able to keep things running quickly without being rude, and making sure everyone felt appreciated.

The shots of the reception are priceless. Our venue looked gorgeous, the settings, the cakes, the glasses, and everyone involved. Lots of great candids of friends, family, and ourselves all enjoying the loving and fun atmosphere.

We were legit sad to see them go, but glad they were there to capture every second of the big day.

Sent on 07/29/2019

John Jimenez · Married on 06/29/2019

Great vendor

Very professional and outgoing. Takes really great pictures and great quality video. Highly recommend.

Sent on 09/08/2019
  • Mary

Mary Talkin · Married on 06/01/2019

Outstanding

Jim is an outstanding photographer. He has a very artistic eye and seeks out unique opportunities for sensational photographs. He photographed my daughter's wedding and I could not be happier with the results.

Sent on 08/26/2019
  • Carolyn

Carolyn Baldwin · Married on 05/25/2019

Best Destination Wedding Photographer!

We had the pleasure of booking Amber as our destination wedding photographer. She made us feel comfortable from the moment we spoke with her. I could tell Amber had a wide variety of experience in all types of weddings, especially destination weddings. She made not only us comfortable, but also our friends and family. She listened to all of our requests and used her experience to make suggestions on what would work best for photos. It was wonderful having Amber apart of our wedding adventure!

Sent on 08/05/2019
    Jim Kennedy Photographers 29

Ann Nguyen · Married on 05/24/2019

Wonderful team and amazing artistry!!!

Jim and Megan are so wonderful to work with! They are very talented and have exceeded our expectations! They were accommodating and helped us to feel very comfortable on the wedding day. My husband and I are glad we did the engagement session with Jim prior to the wedding. Jim helped us to feel comfortable and has such a calm and pleasant personality. So, we felt like we already knew him on the wedding day. Not only is Jim and his team great to work with, their photos are of amazing quality and detail. I highly recommend Jim Kennedy Photographers!!!!

Sent on 06/08/2019

Brittany Chumpitazi · Married on 04/19/2019

Perfection

Megan was absolutely amazing! She was smiling the whole time which I loved because it showed me that she loves what she does. She was great at keeping the group focused during pictures and directing us on where to stand and what to do. She also was more than happy to get any additional pictures that I wanted. I honestly don’t think I could have gotten a more perfect photographer!

Sent on 07/30/2019

Ashlee Tolman · Married on 01/12/2019

Megan and JKP staff were amazing!

Megan and all of the JKP Staff were so professional and captured the most beautiful photos. Megan shot our engagement shoot and our wedding day and she made me and my husband feel so comfortable in front of the camera! Not to mention, she was so fun to be around! Our photos came out amazing and we received SO many compliments! I highly recommend Megan and am looking forward to using her during other exciting moments in the future! Thank you Megan - you are so very talented!

Sent on 02/20/2019
  • Lya

Lya Hamby · Married on 11/16/2018

Loved every minute spent with Megan!

From the start, Jim Kennedy Photographers was fantastic. We planned our wedding in 2.5 weeks and weren’t really sure if we would even be able to book a photographer. Our first call to JKP, we spoke to Jim himself who was amazing and very informative. He assured us that they could get the job done even in such a time crunch. He was already knowledgeable in our wedding venue (Montage Laguna Beach) and gave us the rundown on how we’d get the best pictures. And boy did we. Megan was our photographer and we just LOVED her. I’m very shy and almost didn’t want a photographer because I felt awkward. But Megan made me so comfortable i didn’t want her to stop taking pictures. She gave us the best recommendations for locations and poses and also gave us the freedom to incorporate whatever poses/scenes we wanted captured. I can’t say enough good things about Megan. We didn’t want her to leave, she felt like a friend. She even sent us 2 preview pictures that very night! A few weeks later we received all the pictures as promised and we are in love! Look no further, as JKP is the BEST of the BEST.

Sent on 02/22/2019
    Jim Kennedy Photographers 39
    Jim Kennedy Photographers 40
    Jim Kennedy Photographers 41

Lya Hamby · Married on 11/16/2018

Loved every minute spent with Megan!

Sent on 02/22/2019
    Jim Kennedy Photographers 51
    Jim Kennedy Photographers 52
    Jim Kennedy Photographers 53

Danielle Wilson · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing photos from Amber!!!

Amber from Jim Kennedy was a dream to work with from our engagement shoot to our wedding day! All of the photos from each event turned out so amazing and we would recommend her and this company to anyone looking to get professional photos taken. She truly captured every moment of our big day and we couldn't have been more pleased with the final product!

Sent on 12/10/2018
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Whitaker · Married on 10/18/2018

Outstanding!

From our very first interaction with Jim Kennedy's website, we were sold! The images we saw there were, not only breathtaking, but clearly captured the heart and soul of each couple we saw.
    Every interaction we had with Jim during our initial phone conversation and all throughout the booking process was clear, professional and courteous.
    Throughout the week before our wedding, we spoke with Amber, who was one of two photographers who would be with us on our special day. She re-assured us that she would be there to capture each and every magical moment.
    On our wedding day, Amber arrived a few minutes early, bringing the lovely Megan with her. Both ladies were absolutely wonderful the entire day. In addition to being there on our wedding day, both Amber and Megan were back with us bright and early the next day, for our incredible photo shoot in front of Sleeping Beauty's castle at Disneyland. Every member of Jim Kennedy's team (including Jim himself) was a dream to work with. Our photos are above and beyond what we could have ever imagined and we will cherish them for the rest of our days.
    Not only do we HIGHLY recommend Jim Kennedy Photography, but we will not hesitate to work with them again!!

Sent on 07/01/2019
    Jim Kennedy Photographers 66
    Jim Kennedy Photographers 67
  • Omar

Omar Hatoum · Married on 10/13/2018

Don't stress! Jim Kennedy Photographers are the best!

So glad that we chose Jim Kennedy Photographers for our wedding! Cheryl was incredible to work with. So friendly and accommodating. She had the eye to capture that perfect shot. Her passion is clear and it translates to her work. We did our homework, obtained several quotes, had several phone calls, but in the end the choice was clear. We The quality of their work speaks for itself. The professionalism is second to none. And the pricing is competitive. This is one area of your wedding you don't want to skimp on. Your wedding is just one special night, but the photos that capture it last forever. Make the right choice and leave your wedding in the very capable hands of Jim Kennedy Photographers.

Sent on 11/09/2018

Jim Kennedy Photographers's reply:

Thank you so much Omar for the kind words! I loved every minute of your day. We had so much fun!
    ~Cheryl

Kelly Schiller · Married on 10/04/2018

Amber was the best!

Working with Jim Kennedy Photographers was a breeze! My fiance and I wanted to have our engagement photos done at Disneyland, and since we don't live in the area, I thought that it might be difficult to coordinate things.

Jim explained the process well, and soon after confirming all of the details, Amber reached out to us to let us know when/where to meet her. During our pictures, Amber was awesome! Super friendly and made us feel comfortable even though we're essentially posing for all of the Disney crowds... She was really open to picture suggestions, and we never felt like she was in a rush to get out of there or anything like that.

Overall, it was just a great day and we loved how the pictures came out! I cannot recommend Jim and his team enough, (especially Amber!).

Sent on 11/14/2018

Megan · Married on 09/29/2018

Amazing Work!!!

Amber and her team were awesome. We coordinated a game plan prior and she stuck to it to make sure we got all of the additional pictures before the sun set. A huge thank you and would definitely recommend!! The pictures turned out amazing and my entire family was impressed.

Sent on 11/06/2018