Jim Barbere Photography Reviews

13 Reviews for Jim Barbere Photography

13 Jim Barbere Photography Reviews
  • F

Frannie · Married on 10/28/2017

We couldn't have been happier with our wedding album and having Jim with us on our special day....he made it easy and fun to have a photographer join us for the day.

Leah · Married on 10/21/2017

There really isn't a bad thing that can be said about Jim! Aside from his super friendly personality and his attention to detail, he makes every experience fun and relaxing, which is HUGELY important during wedding planning and the actual wedding day! After our first meeting with Jim over cocktails and many platters of oysters (many platters...like 3 hours later platters) we knew he was going to be our wedding photographer. He has a confident yet approachable and down-to-earth demeanor and his work just speaks for itself. After our engagement session with him we felt like we really became friends, and couldn't wait for him to shoot our big day. As we predicted, he was personable, timely, professional, funny, creative, and easygoing. Our friends and family loved Jim as much as we do and we honestly can't imagine anyone else taking our photos that day. We couldn't recommend him highly enough for any photography needs, especially wedding photography. Thank you Jim for making the entire process magical!!!

Jim Barbere Photography 1

Lori · Married on 10/14/2017

My husband Nick and I absolutely loved Jim. Having him as our photographer was one of the best wedding decisions that we could have ever made. Right from the start, he was personable, fun and professional. He made our engagement photo session comfortable and completely at ease. We had a blast! Jim has a natural ability to find creative and unique shots in each location. On the day of the wedding, Jim was phenomenal, he made sure that Nick and I were stress-free. Our guests made several comments on how impressed they were with him. Jim along with his assistant Aaron focused their time with so much energy and attention to us and our quests. After the wedding, we quickly received our sneak preview pictures. They say that a picture is worth a thousand words and that is true of Jim's work. Each photo was full of emotion, beauty and brought you right back to the exact moment that they were captured. Thank you, Jim, for making our day extra special, you are truly the best!

• Arielle

Arielle · Married on 10/08/2017

I can't say anything but the best about Jim Barbere Photography! We met with several different photographers when beginning to plan our wedding. Jim offered us a tremendous value compared to the cost of all the others. His package included an engagement session at no extra cost. My (now) husband and I were both a bit reluctant since neither of us really enjoy having our picture taken. Jim used this session to get to know us and made us feel more comfortable. We had a fun time and the photos came out beautifully. When it came to the wedding day, Jim and his second shooter Shauna were both professional and super accommodating to make sure we got all the shots we really wanted. Shauna even got into the water at the beach in October to get just the right angle! My whole family kept telling me how great he was and what a good job they both were doing. Jim was such a pleasure to work with and his photographs are all stunning and creative. Thank you for making our day so special and capturing that feeling so well in your work!

Robyn · Married on 09/30/2017

My husband and I are so thankful to have had Jim as the photographer for our engagement and wedding photos! Jim is consistently professional and has a talent for capturing the most special moments through his beautiful photos. We've heard nothing but the highest praise from family and friends about Jim's great attitude and his gift for making you feel at ease in front of the camera.

After what felt like an endless search for just the right person in a sea of overly priced and unskilled photographers, it was a great relief and comfort to have found one who was talented and extremely reasonable in cost.

I would recommend Jim to anyone for any occasion and could not be happier with the beautiful pictures we are lucky enough to have forever!

Katlyn · Married on 08/19/2017

I couldn't be happier! Jim captured my wedding beautifully and the pictures came out amazing! I would absolutely recommend him to anyone!

Kara · Married on 08/05/2017

Working with Jim was a pleasure! He is open to your ideas, listens to you, but has his own if you don't know what to do or what you want. My now-husband and I are both camera shy but he totally worked with us. His pricing was very reasonable, especially since we got an engagement session with our wedding photos. He was communicative before the weeks/months leading up to the wedding and after the wedding. We love the photos! See some below. Also, even though it rained and our venue was oddly set-up, he made it work and we really love the results!

Jon · Married on 07/16/2017

Jim is a wonderful person and extremely professional photographer. He captured our wedding day beautifully, even going so far as to bring another photographer to ensure he had all the shots covered. We spent the day with him for a engagement shoot, and we consider him a friend, not just the photographer we used. He is pleasant to work with and when we received the photos, we were ecstatic to see all the beautiful shots he got. All the moments were covered, and I must say, he did such a great job. We told him what shots we really wanted to get, and he definitely delivered, giving us some shots edited in black and white, which we requested. He is very flexible, and even helped us download all the photos when we had some technical issues. My wife and I would absolutely recommend Jim, and I would absolutely use his services for any other photographic needs. I never did a photo shoot before, and he guided us on poses and how to stand. He is very careful in his shots, but also gets those spontaneous shots that everyone loves. Thank you Jim, you captured our most special day!

Lisa · Married on 05/06/2017

Jim Barbere is super talented with his amazing Photography! We are thrilled with the vibrant and beautiful pictures he took of our wedding. The indoor and outdoor photography are truly spectacular. Jim is truly a sincere and kind professional that delivers more than one could imagine with his talent and creative style. We are so happy we found Jim and are grateful for the most beautiful wedding photography!

Stephen · Married on 03/26/2017

Jim was affordable, flexible, friendly and professional. He managed to thoroughly capture the event, without being obtrusive, and the photos came out great. I, particularly, enjoy the black and white candids. I can't recommend him enough. - Stephen Wagner

Sent on 04/08/2017

Jim Barbere Photography's reply:

Stephen - your event was so much fun, you are truly an entertainer and a wonderful person :)

Casey · Married on 10/30/2016

My husband and I found Jim while looking for photographers for our wedding. Aaron and I had already been searching for photographers for a few weekends. We weren't excited about any of them until we found Jim, and we immediately decided to contact him. He gave us a great quote for the wedding photography, and it included a special engagement shoot to get to know each other and get some shots taken before the big day. Jim was so flexible in helping us find a place to hold the engagement shoot. We ultimately decided to meet in Portsmouth for a sunset brewery tour and photo shoot. It was amazing! We had such a great time at the shoot, and Jim was so personable. He made what many would consider a stressful occasion such a fun experience. He did a great job at balancing the brewery stops with getting the important shots taken. After the engagement shoot, we were even more confident that we had chosen the right guy for the job. And even more so when he sent the edited photos only a week or so after the shoot. Fast forward to the week of the wedding. Jim was extremely proactive in making sure everything was set for the big day. We were so excited when he told us that he would have a second shooter helping him at the wedding. At the wedding, Jim made sure we captured all of the moments that we hoped for, and so many special moments that we never would have thought of ourselves. He made sure to send us a sampling of the night while we were on our honeymoon, and then delivered the complete set of photos only a few weeks later. It is an understatement to say how happy we were with the photos! Jim's website is very convenient to use, and we are able to access and download our photos anytime, in single and bulk downloads. The images are high quality, high resolution jpegs that are large enough that you don't have to worry about pixelation when printing large photos for your friends and family. Jim is amazing and he will take great care in documenting your special day!

Sent on 04/04/2017

Jim Barbere Photography's reply:

Casey, It was such a pleasure working with you and Aaron. You were so much fun to work with and I had such a great time, not to mention you guys are GREAT dancers! I wish you nothing but the best. Jim

Laura · Married on 09/20/2016

If you're looking for someone who will work with your creative vision while bringing ideas of his own, then Jim is your man! He was wonderful to work with from the initial meeting through our wedding day and to the final deliver of our photos. My husband and I definitely recommend Jim with two big thumbs up!!

Sent on 04/06/2017

Jim Barbere Photography's reply:

Laura - thank you so much for this review! Your wedding was SO fun, who else has 2 cocktail hours, the Keytar Bear, and a 10 piece New Orleans style brass band!!!