Jewell Event Design Reviews

49 | Denver, CO

49 Reviews for Jewell Event Design

Nancy Sieff · Married on 09/06/2020

Mother of the Bride

Leanne is beyond amazing. She was there for us through all our required changes and configurations to pull off a wedding during this challenging time. There were many voices and moving parts and Leanne worked with all of us with such patience and professionalism. Aside from being a pro at what she does, Leanne is funny, kind and a straight shooter. There’s no one out there better than Leeann.

Sent on 09/11/2020
  • Hsin-cheng

Hsin-Cheng Chao · Married on 07/08/2020

Best decision we've ever made!

Choosing to hire Leanne as our wedding planner is the best decision we've ever made for our wedding! As a foreigner who's not familiar with the western culture, it is really painful for us to choose between so many vendors and packages. Leanne helped us figure out what are the most important things to us and meanwhile keeping everything within our budgets. All the vendors she recommended was just awesome and easy to work with.
    If you just want to make one decision, hire Leanne!

Sent on 10/20/2019
  • Carly

Carly Sieff · Married on 06/09/2020

We couldn't have done it without Leanne!

Leanne was absolutely incredible at guiding us through the wedding planning process and running everything the day of. COVID and involved mom's did not make this an easy wedding to plan, but Leanne put us at ease with her attention to detail, relationships with so many vendors, getting-to-know-us approach, and professionalism. We felt like we were the only wedding she was planning! She went above and beyond her job description the day of by helping manage pets and 5-year-olds, staying late to clean up, making us beverages, and calmly fielding last minute phone calls when ash started falling from the sky. We LOVE Leanne and HIGHLY recommend her to anyone planning any sort of wedding!

Sent on 09/10/2020
  • Marianna

Marianna Olesuk · Married on 09/11/2019

Leanne is the best!

Leanne is THE best and now a good friend of ours! We had a lot of fun with her throughout the process of planning the wedding and when it came time to execute, she played a huge role in everything going super smoothly! If you're looking for a wedding planner that's both amazing at their job but also a wonderful person, Leanne is it!

Sent on 01/15/2020
  • Ruyi

Ruyi Chiang · Married on 08/11/2019

Having Leanne is the best decision I've made for my wedding

I’d say having Leanne is the best decision I’ve made for my whole wedding planning process. I highly recommend Leanne!

Firstly, she listens to your needs and incorporates them to your wedding so you’d feel the wedding is so personalized! Most of my guests don’t speak English so Leanne thought of a lot of tweaks to let my guests enjoy the wedding as we did.

Secondly, she has rich connections with vendors and experience to give you a worry-free wedding. All the vendors she recommended were so great to work with. Everything ran smoothly with Leanne’s coordination. My husband and I just followed whatever instructions Leanne gave us on the wedding day and enjoyed the moments with our guests without worrying a thing.

Lastly, Leanne definitely went above and beyond. She always offers her support proactively either to communicate with vendors or provide alternatives to complete the picture. There were so many times Leanne jumped in and said “I’ll handle that for you” when I felt overwhelmed.

I just can’t thank Leanne enough!!

Sent on 10/20/2019
  • Michael

Michael · Married on 06/05/2019

look no further.... you found a jewell (literally)

Leanne hit it out of the park! As a couple who worked in the Wedding/Event industry in the past, we sought out recommendations from the best of the best when we found ourselves looking for a wedding planner. Leanne came highly recommended by someone who we saw as the best connector in the industry…. She recommended Leanne saying “I would hire her for my wedding”. We had a unique wedding vision…. A inter-racial, inter-faith, multi-day, destination wedding. We wanted to create an environment where 200 of our closest friends and family would come together, connect deeply with each other, make lasting memories and celebrate LOVE.

We were in no huge rush and it was most important to us to find the “right place” and then everything else would fall into place. When we met with Leanne, we immediately connected with her… she seemed to get our vision and when we left our meeting, my fiancé and I looked at each other and said “WE LOVE HER”. Leanne listened deeply to what we wanted and she truly began to grasp our vision. She has deep connections in the Colorado wedding community and took us to some of the finest locations that would support our vision. We were VERY picky and Leanne stuck with it and never made us feel bad about it or nervous to tell her what was off! At several points, we asked ourselves, “is she going to fire us?” We felt terrible that we were so picky but we knew the perfect location was out there and Leanne believed it too! As we looked at different venues and spoke to different vendors we noticed that Leanne has this incredible ability to be kind and gracious - everyone she talked to gravitated towards her and appreciated the respect she gave them. However, whenever she needed to make a point or emphasize something in defense of us - she was able to be strong and direct, while also being approachable. That balance - we learned- is so important - and so rare.

After getting so close several times, we were defeated and Leanne came to save the day! She always had a way to pick us up, encourage us, remind us of the vision and always had a suggestion or even joke! We finally landed on an amazing location and venue and then we were off to planning!

I will add that we ended up doing a destination wedding - and Leanne is an expert at that as well! Her “go figure it out” mentality helped us figure out things in a place that neither of us were from, and her ability to be incredibly diplomatic and understanding helped her create a great relationship with the local vendors.

Our wedding also had some India traditions - and Leanne was fantastic with truly trying to understand what the traditions were and where they come from, and how they need to be implemented. We have experienced other people in the wedding industry just tolerating different cultural activities- but not Leanne- she fully embraced it and implemented it with grace. She even ended up facilitating the set up of all the Indian decor and her design eye was perfect - it looked amazing!

The actual planning of the events was flawless as well. Through it all (a 3 day wedding I might add) she kept us calm, made us laugh, and helped us be present. We could not have asked for a better wedding planner. Leanne truly got our vision and went above and beyond to deliver the wedding of our dreams! If you are looking for someone who can catch onto your vision and deliver it….. Look no further….. Just be warned…. YOU WILL LOVE HER and you will be so very pleased you hired her!

For those of you who love bullet points here are some highlights (but not limited to):
    Excellent communicator (with vendors, with family members, hotel reception, the couple, etc.
    Always had a calming effect
    Beautiful eye for decor
    Won’t settle until you see your full vision
    Amazing human being overall
    Very flexible - as in she works the way that works best for the couple
    Amazing with detail
    Always made us laugh
    Great follow through
    Helps you come up with ideas to stay within budget
    Is always honest - which we really appreciated
    Can think outside the box

Sent on 03/20/2020

Debbie · Married on 09/30/2018

You can not go wrong hiring Jewell Event Design. My daughter and most of her wedding guests live in Arizona. So we decided we couldn't do this alone, we needed help. I called three wedding planners in the area and Leanne reached out to us right away. I was actually shocked since I left word for her on a weekend!!! We gave her little time to put together Amanda's vision but she managed to make it all perfect. Leanne is top notch and you will be forever grateful that you hired her. She earns and deserves her 5 star rating!!
    Debbie

Sent on 10/10/2018

Amanda Reilly · Married on 09/30/2018

Leanne was instrumental in our success

Leanne was instrumental in solidifying everything for our wedding. I was incredibly stressed and had so much to do in the last 2 months and thankfully we found Leanne and she just whipped up a plan, got the information I need, got my decisions, relayed them, and figured everything out. Not only did she help fill in the gaps, but she created a timeline, made sure to connect with everyone to communicate needs, and even helped decorate everything on the day off. She set up, took down, cleaned up, and orchestrated so well, I couldn't be more thrilled. Thank you so much Leanne, everything was beautiful.

Sent on 10/15/2018

Laurie · Married on 09/14/2018

Leanne was fabulous. She has a number of people in various areas that she has great relationships with and recommended for us to use and they were all perfect. I could not be happier with her services. She and everyone we worked with were professional and very courteous. I highly recommend her and would use her services again.

Sent on 09/24/2018

Kelly · Married on 09/08/2018

You were an absolute joy to work with! You worked with our very busy schedules and we are so thankful to have found you! You made the planning process go smoothly and the day of our wedding feel effortless to me and I did not have to worry one bit! Our day was so enjoyable because of you! We also loved all of your recommendations and vendor recommendations. We enjoyed everyone! Thank you!!!

Sent on 09/27/2018

Shira · Married on 08/25/2018

From my very first phone conversation with Leanne, I knew she was the DOC for us. She was practical, honest, and funny - a breath of fresh air. I soon learned that she knows EVERYONE in the event and wedding industry in Colorado, and she worked her connections to make our wedding go off without a hitch, while saving us time, money, and worry. Each one of her vendor recommendation was gold. Even though we didn't book a full planning package, Leanne went above and beyond for us, and in the last two months before the wedding she was our rock - always available and quick to reply to texts or emails. She called me more often than I called her - she is just that amazing.

Some cool things Leanne pulled off for us:
    - Sending her assistant to our house to find and get our cake topper, which we forgot to bring the day of the wedding.
    - Solving a crazy misunderstanding with our musician the day before the wedding, overcoming the language barrier, while keeping us calm and up-to-date on the situation.
    - Hooking us up with our florist, who did an amazing job for a really affordable price.
    - Organizing and orchestrating our rehearsal (with our families, not an easy feat).
    - Hooking me up with honestly the best hairstylist in the world...

If I could change one thing about our wedding, I would book Leanne sooner.

Sent on 09/22/2018
  • W

William · Married on 08/17/2018

When I got confirmation that the Gatlin Brothers would perform at my birthday party....for over 100 guests my wife decided to hire a party planner. We interviewed two and chose Leanne. We did not know what we didn’t know because from the moment we hired her she made us feel comfortable we had made the right choice. She outlined all the decisions that needed to be made...and made sure we made them. She knew the best of the best vendors for what we needed...and though we had choices, invariably we went with her recommendations. She worked directly with the Gatlin’s to coordinate their requirements for their musical needs...and they loved her. Our event was a great success in good part because it was so well planned by Leanne. We would recommend her for any party...particularly when it requires special needs....she is the BEST.

Sent on 09/01/2018

Jane · Married on 08/17/2018

Leanne is very professional, extremely creative, knows all the best vendors and is fun to work with. We will definitely use her in the future.

Sent on 09/07/2018

Sophie · Married on 04/28/2018

We are so fortunate to have worked with Jewell Event Design to plan our April 2018 wedding. I’ve planned many events professionally, which cemented my decision to hire a planner for my wedding. Working with Leanne meant that we were able to focus on getting married instead of worrying about the little details. Leanne also kept us on track through the planning process, which let me enjoy this experience with my husband-to-be instead of nagging him about tasks.

Leanne is clearly an experienced professional. Only someone truly confident in their ability to pull off a flawless event would listen to me describe my dream wedding as “floral overload, chaotic and clashing, loud, vibrant, and wild” and say “No worries! I’ve got this!” Our parents (who each contributed financially to the wedding) were so impressed upon meeting Leanne that they trusted us to do the planning without their input. Leanne is like a god amongst wedding vendors - other vendors universally respected her and were eager to please her, meaning we got excellent service.

Beyond embracing our theme, Leanne had a strong understanding of our values and worked diligently to ensure our wedding was a reflection thereof. With 75% of our guests coming from out of town, comfort was a top priority. Leanne helped us rework our budget to allocate more to the guest experience and pushed our venue to make guest-friendly tweaks, i.e. adding labeling to food stations for dietary restrictions. We’ve received so many compliments on our wedding and are thrilled it was a meaningful and fun celebration for all.

Finally, we are grateful for how beautifully Leanne coordinated all our vendors on the day of the wedding. Her fabulous timeline and briefing document for the venue and vendors accounted for every detail. The vendors she recommends are all top-notch and work together well as a team. We can’t thank Leanne enough for her work planning our big day!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Cathy · Married on 01/14/2018

Our January wedding was a smashing success—we can say without any reservation that the outcome is directly attributable to the effort, expertise and wisdom of Leanne.

As a wedding planner, Leanne has a wealth of experience upon which to draw. And a portfolio of community resources to address any need. We couldn’t have done it without her. Our event was beautiful, joyful and one of the most memorable days of our lives.

Need a venue to fit your budget? Leanne will suggest three or four. Need a photographer? Leanne will identify several. Need a caterer? Leanne will help you select the most appropriate vendors for your event. Need a DJ? Need flowers? Need hotel rooms for out of state guests? Need dance lessons for that first dance? In all cases, Leanne will handle it. Her planning and execution skills will help you create a vision and bring it to fruition. All within your budget and timeframe.

The best part of partnering with Leanne is that she’s great fun. Lively, energetic and bubbling with enthusiasm, she’s a whirlwind about getting things done on time. Even though our wedding involved only 25 guests, we got the VIP treatment. And even though we only had five months to plan, Leanne was awesome about keeping all the plates spinning and ensuring that our event went off perfectly, without any hiccups.

Sent on 02/08/2018

Julie · Married on 01/13/2018

Leanne is the absolute BEST to work with. She was able to give recommendations about anything I had questions about. She thinks of everything and really helped me get things done in a timely manner. Leanne made my wedding day stress free. I tend to lack attention to detail and Leanne was able to help me remember those little details.

Words cannot express my gratitude for Leanne. My wedding was beautiful and exactly what I wanted. When I first met with Leanne, I didn't have a clear picture of what exactly I wanted. Leanne was able to help me with every little thing until we ended up with a wedding of my dreams. Leanne was so pleasant to work with throughout the planning process as well. I would highly recommend her services to everyone!

I was so incredibly lucky to have had Leanne's help. Her calm demeanor and sense of humor made us feel as though she had everything 100% under control. She also was able to make some really great recommendations for other vendors for us. She recommended a photographer who took THE BEST photos. I am having a really difficult time choosing which ones to get printed as they are all so wonderful. Having worked with Leanne, I know she is the best in the industry. I couldn't have done it by myself and I am so glad we hired her. I am grateful to her for the spectacular work she did to give us a fairytale wedding.

Sent on 02/08/2018
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 01/01/2018

I am so happy that we hired Jewell Event Design for our Los Angeles wedding! Leanne is amazing and there just aren’t enough words for everything that she did for us. She had a MOUNTAIN of tasks and details to handle for multiple events and locations and she pulled it all together seamlessly (BY HERSELF!) We had a *very* small budget for things like decor, flowers and centerpieces, and Leanne created some GORGEOUS centerpieces, arrangements for the ceremony, boutonnieres and my bouquet! She really helped make our wedding classy and elegant! We had a Persian ceremony and an American wedding & reception and everything was so beautiful! And then there’s Leanne… she is just amazing and so fun to work with! Her sense of humor and relaxed but professional attitude always put me at ease, even though I knew she was working her tail off;-). Her experience and expertise were worth every penny! She thought of things that we didn’t and really kept us on track. She was also really great with all of our vendors and guests. People kept coming up to us all weekend and telling us how wonderful she was! Thank you so much Leanne for being a part of our special days! You truly are the best!

Sent on 02/04/2018
  • CMarland

Colleen · Married on 10/20/2017

I wish I connected with Leanne as soon as I got engaged! Everyone told me, weddings are stressful and I was determined for ours to be about our love and as stress free as we could make it. She took care of countless details and gave spot on guidance so we could enjoy the process and big day. Her support allowed my husband and I to focus on the vows we were about to make to one another. We knew our celebration and guests would be taken care of and they were.

I learned a lot about wedding planning and the wedding industry from Leanne. The title Event Planner and Designer doesn’t quite give her justice. Leanne is part therapist, consultant, confidant, fitness coach (she worked out with me!), and she became a trusted friend.

Many of our wedding guests and bridal party told us it was the most romantic and smoothest running wedding they have ever been to. I can’t tell you how happy that makes us. Most guests traveled ~2K miles to Estes Park to join us. We really wanted to show them a great time.

Leanne is also a comedian- her one-liners are the best! She brought so many smiles to my face. She also helped us with our budget. Her vendor recommendations were absolutely stellar and saved me countless hours. She truly went above and beyond on what our agreement was. She showed up to help out with things that she didn’t need to. And we really needed it. I can’t express my gratitude enough and know this review does not give her justice.

If you are getting married and have the opportunity to work with Leanne, DO it. Don’t wait. She is worth every penny. Enjoy the process. She makes it fun. I can’t imagine getting married without her!

Sent on 01/11/2018

Jaclyn · Married on 08/19/2017

I had been engaged for over a year and everyone kept asking "when are you going to get married"
    I had NO idea where to begin nor did I have the time or energy to plan a wedding. I was referred to Leanne and within ONE month of working with her, we have a venue, a date, budget, vision, bridal party picked and a timeline to get everything done for my dream wedding.
    Any time I start to stress or worry about something, Leanne quickly puts me at ease and always comes up with ideas and solutions. I want an "outside the box" wedding and Leanne has been my biggest cheerleader and support for getting this wedding accomplished in an elegant/fun way.
    Her connections in the Denver/Boulder community are UNREAL which can be very helpful when choosing vendors and getting good deals!

If you are on the fence on to get a wedding planner-DO IT and go with Leanne at Jewell Event Design, I promise you won't regret it! She makes it fun, she's professional and always responsive no matter the time or day you decide to bug her :)

Jackie Weber

Sent on 01/14/2017

Jaclyn · Married on 08/19/2017

We were so lucky to have Jewell Event Design create our dream wedding. I chose an unconventional venue and Leanne was the first one to support my decision and bring my vision to life. She helped keep us on a timeline but never once made me feel stressed out. She was always upbeat, positive and always willing to offer to help in any way possible. I can honestly say that without her help, my wedding day wouldn't have been possible. She was a life saver and I highly recommend her-especially if you are on the fence about getting a wedding planner-TRUST ME, you need one and you need Jewell Event Designs!

Sent on 10/08/2017

Anna · Married on 07/14/2017

We utilized Leanne for a ground-breaking event and she was a joy to work with! Having her eye for detail, creativity, and vendor contacts made the party planning a million times easier. I would definitely recommend her services for any event small or large.

Sent on 12/04/2017

Celeste · Married on 06/17/2017

I would highly recommend Jewell Event Design to assist in your wedding planning. There is so much to do that you don't even think of to have a beautiful and successful wedding. The planner is there to make sure everything gets done and just flows accordingly. She has great ideas if you need help but does not push her ideas on you. She has all the contact people you need from where to go to find the perfect dress to finding a great cake maker to all the other necessary people to make your day perfect! She will keep you on track. A wedding can be a stressful time and having Jewell Event Design there to help from the beginning to end is the only way to go. She is very reasonable in price and is worth every penny, more than she charges. She gets more than a 5 star rating from me.

Sent on 07/01/2017

Danielle · Married on 06/17/2017

I just had the wedding of my dreams and I know that would not have been possible without Leanne and Jewell Event Design! I started working with Jewell Event Design about a year before my wedding. Leanne, was with me every step of the way during the planning process. She always made me feel good about the decisions I made and brought her own ideas to the table when I needed help. She was never pushy, always fun to be around, always patient with me, and kept me calm and well organized the day of the wedding. My experience with Jewell Event Design was nothing short of wonderful, and I would do it all over again with them!

Sent on 07/14/2017

Philippe · Married on 06/16/2017

Thank you to Leann Jewell for her genuine passion, her dedication, her presence and her energy! We were busy but we had a blast communicating and improving the Guest experience and literally having fun while planning a quite demanding party...

Sent on 07/07/2017

Once I found Jewell Event Design, I knew with out a doubt that I would hire Leanne to help me plan the biggest day of my life! Leanne has been so amazing through this whole process so far, and has left me feeling stress free (as much as possible anyway) and excited for our big day. I know that with her there, I will be able to breathe and enjoy my day with out having to worry about a single detail. She has been wonderful with communication and details and done a great job putting my mind at ease, I highly recommend her and her company to any who is getting married.

Sent on 03/25/2016