Jessica Schmitt Photography Reviews

Jessica Schmitt Photography 6
Jessica Schmitt Photography 7

Caitlin · Getting married on 03/21/2020

Jessica is amazing!

Jessica was great - sweet, funny, and very professional. We were thrilled with her quality of work.

Sent on 05/17/2019

Kathryn Doherty · Getting married on 03/10/2020

Wonderful!

Jessica made us feel so comfortable during our shoot. I absolutely love our photos- I truly think she was able to capture who we really are- Such a wonderful talent!

Sent on 05/30/2019
    Jessica Schmitt Photography 8
    Jessica Schmitt Photography 9
    Jessica Schmitt Photography 10
  • W

William Yates Iv · Getting married on 03/04/2020

Engagement Photo Shoot

Jessica was awesome! Really helpful with guiding us how to stand and act naturally. Enjoyed the session without feeling weird or nervous. Super comfortable to work with. Polite throughout, overall experience was grand!

Sent on 05/29/2019
  • Jonathan

Jonathan Schmidt-Swartz · Married on 10/07/2018

AMAZING photographer!

It was such a pleasure to work with Jess! My wife and I were so unbelievably happy that we chose Jessica Schmitt Photography to photograph our wedding and our engagement session in Prospect Park. Combing through many photographers in NYC, Jess stood out with her natural, gorgeous photos and feel that we 100% made the BEST choice. We were so incredibly thrilled with how every single photo turned out — we get countless compliments on our photos. Jess (and Eric) captured the emotion and essence of a day we will remember for a lifetime. We love how all of our photos are very natural — not overly edited — and feel authentic and classy. Jess has an amazing eye for detail and is so incredibly talented, which was evident in every photo. Also, her amazingly calm demeanor really helped taking photos amidst family chaos, which made it so much easier on us. We feel very fortunate to have chosen Jess as our photographer and wholeheartedly recommend using her! She's the very best!!!

Sent on 05/21/2019
    Jessica Schmitt Photography 11
    Jessica Schmitt Photography 12
    Jessica Schmitt Photography 13
    Jessica Schmitt Photography 14

Lara · Married on 09/08/2018

Jessica was one of the best decisions we made

Jessica was our wedding photographer and she was one of the best decisions that made throughout the entire planning process. From our first meeting to our wedding day she was professional, friendly, and collaborative. We had a lot of out-of-the-box ideas that we wanted to do at our engagement session and she gladly accommodated us and even came up with some great suggestions. We also are both very camera-shy and Jessica's warm personality and direction helped us get out of our shells and we were able to get a lot of great photos of the two us. Prepping on the logistics of the wedding day, Jessica provided a lot of great advice and brought up a lot of helpful suggestions that we didn't even think about. Those tips really came in handy on our wedding day and her calm demeanor was also a very welcomed presence.

We received our final wedding photos and she really captured a lot of beautiful, candid moments. We're so happy with our pictures and have so many awesome photos that show how great our big day was!

Sent on 10/19/2018

Ryan W · Married on 09/08/2018

Jessica was amazing to work with

Jessica was amazing to work with and we are so glad that we chose her as our wedding photographer. What really stood out to me as the best part about working with Jessica is that she is very collaborative and wants to make sure that at the end of the day you are enjoying yourself while she is taking your picture. At first, we were not comfortable in front of the camera but she gave us direction to put us more at ease so we could be comfortable and natural in front of the camera. On our wedding day, she was a great calming presence no matter what was going on. She was organized and professional and we got pictures that really captured the day and the people who came from near and far to help us celebrate.

Sent on 10/26/2018

Sarah · Married on 09/02/2018

It was clear from that first time we met Jess that she was a total pro, and that we could feel at ease trusting her with the very important work of photographing our wedding. Not only does she of course take beautiful photos, she is so friendly, flexible, organized, and communicative. She was on top of everything, from the engagement shoot through posting the final wedding photos, and always made sure that our wants and needs were being taken into account. She also photographed my sister's wedding, and my mom is already making plans to lure her back to New York for my nephew's bar mitzvah, that is how much we all love Jess and the photos she takes!

Sent on 10/05/2018

Clarissa · Married on 07/21/2018

Jess is incredible. When we looked back at all the choices we had to make about our wedding day, it's easy to say that choosing Jess as our photographer was one of the best.

Jess is simply a delight to work with. It's like working with a friend you really trust -- she's kind, easy going, steady and calm. She engaged with us all through our wedding planning process and was an enthusiastic cheerleader on our big day.

We smile whenever we look at our pictures and remember our wedding day. We'll treasure these photos forever.

Sent on 10/12/2018

Stephen Narloch · Married on 07/21/2018

So glad we hired Jessica!

Jess is a total pro. Her photos are fantastic! Just as important, she is fun to work with and fit in seamlessly with our other vendors. Our big day went off without a hitch and we have Jess to thank for capturing memorable pictures that we will enjoy again and again. Thanks, Jess!

Sent on 10/16/2018
    Jessica Schmitt Photography 15
    Jessica Schmitt Photography 16

Allison · Married on 06/02/2018

I couldn’t be happier, from initial meeting to the end result! Jess made it super easy, comfortable, and made me feel confident the entire day!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Josiah · Married on 06/02/2018

I googled "nyc wedding photographer" and Jess' site was one of the few that popped up. After spending some time perusing her work I gave her a call. I knew within the first five minutes of our phone conversation that I had lucked out. She was incredibly sweet, and was super excited about the opportunity to be a part of our wedding. She had so many ideas, and was so sincere; she took something that had been an afterthought for us and turned it into a part of the wedding that we were really looking forward to.

The day of the wedding, we could not have asked for anything more from Jess. Amidst all the hustle and bustle, she was the consummate professional: art directing every shot (down to even getting our dog to look at the camera) while staying calm and poised. Never once did a smile leave her face, her energy always positive and encouraging.

In short, I don't know what we would have done without Jess. From our first conversation to the timely delivery of a beautiful array of photos for us to remember our special day, Jess was accommodating, kind, and genuine. Do yourself a favor, make sure Jess is the one holding the camera on your day - you won't regret it!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Kelly · Married on 04/28/2018

Jess was awesome to work with throughout the entire wedding process. She listened carefully to our thoughts and ideas and executed everything flawlessly. I especially appreciated how prepared she was for both the engagement shoot and wedding day. She asked all the right questions and was super organized and proactive. Besides that- she is incredibly talented and very friendly! I would highly recommend using her for any event!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Caitlin · Married on 02/17/2018

We were so lucky to use Jess as our photographer for both our late fall engagement session and then our winter wedding this past February in Brooklyn. She was responsive and helpful, not just with our photos but also the general time line of events for our wedding day.

In person she was very professional, but also extremely easy going and friendly. She made sure that we got the more formal portrait-like family photos done before our ceremony (including somehow rounding up our various family members so that we could stay on track). She even did advance research for our venue and the hotel at which we were getting ready and had some great ideas for special photos. But even more impressive was her great eye in the moment, as she had some great ideas for impromptu photos (including some wonderful photos outside when snow started falling) and also made sure to get a bunch of less traditional and candid photos.

Overall, we would 100% recommend Jess for any engagement session or wedding!

Sent on 09/06/2018

Rachel · Married on 02/11/2018

Jess did our wedding and she was amazing to work with--super communicative, very detail oriented, and extremely open to hearing our vision. She got amazing shots while remaining unobtrusive. I could not recommend her more highly! If you need a photographer and you don't hire Jessica Schmitt, then you are silly.

Sent on 06/08/2018
  • Benjamin

Benjamin · Married on 01/14/2018

We absolutely loved having Jess as our photographer! She is such a warm and generous person, and made the whole process easy for us from start to finish. We received our photos quickly and she was great about communicating with us at every step. They turned out so well! And she took great pictures of our dog too! Note on price: we chose a package that included an engagement shoot, wedding shoot, and credit towards a printed album.

Sent on 06/08/2018
    Jessica Schmitt Photography 17
    Jessica Schmitt Photography 18
  • William

William Murray · Married on 12/09/2017

Jessica provides outstanding service - 5 stars in every way

Jessica was just great. She made my wife and I feel totally at ease while shooting both our engagement photos and wedding photos - she's a great coach! Jessica took thousands of photos and made them all available to us online via her site, which was awesome. The quality of her photos and her ability to frame shots are best of the best. Couldn't recommend her more!

Sent on 06/19/2019
    Jessica Schmitt Photography 19

Adriana · Married on 10/28/2017

If you want a photographer that is easy to work with and makes your vision come to life-LOOK NO FURTHER- one of the biggest pieced of feedback I got from my friends and family was how wonderful my photographer was. She is so nice, easy to work with and let's you have complete control over what shots you want and how you want them-if you are like me that is- Jessica is so great my pictures speak for themselves. I picked her because i loved the look of her engagements shoots and I am so lucky I did. CHECK OUT her blog her work speaks for itself.

Sent on 10/31/2017

Sarah · Married on 09/12/2017

The Best Ever! Our Photos Are Legendary!

A good friend recommended Jess to me and my husband when we were looking for engagement photographers. Luckily we were able to work with her for both our engagement shoot and for our wedding. She has a real eye for taking beautiful photos and was great at guiding us on how to interact and move but still made the whole process feel very natural, special, and fun. Our photos from both occasions are beautiful and we would jump at the chance to work with Jess again if she’s available to capture another phase in our life together, like when our family starts to grow. Lastly, I would say that Jess is methodical, responsive, and transparent when it comes to the business side of things which made a huge difference as we started to juggle more and more tasks in advance of our wedding.

Sent on 06/06/2019

Christina · Married on 09/02/2017

My husband and I were so lucky we found Jessica! We chose to work with her because she was familiar with the area we wanted to take pictures and boy did we make the right decision! She was such a pleasure to work with and made the whole process easy and stress free! We did both our engagement shoot and our wedding photos with her and our photos are beyond beautiful! She really captured every special moment and then some! We couldn't be more happier! I would 100% recommend Jessica to anyone in need of a photographer!

Sent on 10/07/2017
    Jessica Schmitt Photography 20

Kenny · Married on 09/02/2017

Jessica was the photographer for my wedding. She did an absolute wonderful job from start to finish! We worked with her for over a year between the engagement photos and wedding photos and she was extremely helpful, caring, courteous, professional, and skilled. Jessica walked us through the process step by step and took as much time as we needed to feel comfortable. She is one of the most pleasant and caring individuals I have ever met. Her photography is incredible. The moments she captured and quality of the photos are outstanding. I strongly recommend Jessica. She is simply the best.

Sent on 10/07/2017

Hannah · Married on 06/24/2017

My husband and I couldn't be happier that we chose Jessica to document our special day. She did an excellent job of capturing the intimate moments and was so pleasant through out the whole process. From the beginning, she was cheerful, professional, and it was so nice to know that I didn't have to stress about this aspect of the wedding. She had everything covered. I highly recommend her. Our pictures are everything we wanted them to be:)

Sent on 08/13/2017

Nathaniel · Married on 06/24/2017

Jessica was a pleasure to work with, both leading up to and during our wedding. She made the process as simple and pain-free as could be. As someone who does not enjoy taking photos, I was amazed by how comfortable she made the experience. And of course, the final products came out looking wonderful. For couples planning their wedding, Jessica has my highest recommendation.

Sent on 08/21/2017

Emily · Married on 04/08/2017

Jessica is the absolute best. From the first phone call, Jessica was both incredibly professional and extremely personable and kind. She made the prep process extremely easy and really took the time to get to know us and what we wanted from a photographer. She asked great, thought provoking questions and helped us complete the vision for our event. On the actual day, Jessica took all the photos we requested, but also took time to scout additional photo opportunities for us, resulting in really unique, beautiful pictures that captured some of my favorite moments from the day. Her calm, confident style was exactly what my husband and I needed to feel comfortable in front of the camera and just focus on each other. Additionally, my family and friends just loved her and cant stop raving about our beautiful pictures!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Josh · Married on 04/08/2017

I think it's obvious by now if you've read ANY of the many 5 star reviews for Jessica that she's the best photographer out there. You should stop reading these reviews, reach out to her and book your event, shoot or party NOW. If you happen to be one of those people who need to read ALL the reviews than let me give you a few reasons why she's the only photographer you need.

Jessica is the nicest person ever, seriously. Who wants to deal with a rude or crazy person? There will be enough stress at a wedding or event otherwise so might as well pick someone who is helpful and nice yet extremely professional. As someone who doesn't love their picture taken, I always felt comfortable, confident and relaxed with her. That alone is a minor miracle so that should really sell you on her.

Jessica knows her craft and the photos came out AMAZING. There was a perfect mix of professional, candid and artistic shots that really portrayed our wedding exactly how we wanted. She would make these small but perfect suggestions on how or what to do so we got the right shot. Jessica even scouted out the surrounding areas around the venue so we could get some unique and very cool photos that we would have never thought of otherwise.

Finally, she was extremely responsive in getting back to our questions. I'm sure she has heard every question we asked a million times but we always felt like we were special and got a response in a very timely manner. Jessica also was happy to work with the budget we had for our wedding. She is worth EVERY penny!

I really can't recommend Jessica enough. All her reviews are 5 stars for a reason. If you can choose her for your event, you're really doing yourself a favor by doing so.

A+ Would Recommend!