Jennifer Lourie Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

• Jayna
    Jayna Married on 03/23/2019

Would recommend in a heartbeat! Her attention to detail shines in her work

I wish I could give rate Jennifer Lourie Photography 6.0 or higher!!! Jennifer INSTANTLY made me feel like I was in the right hands! She made me feel so comfortable like I was an old friend and was easily the best decision we made for our wedding day. Her attention to detail and love of wedding photography is unmatchable.

We purchased the “Collection 3” package which includes 8 hours of service, USB with a super cute keepsake wooden box with prints, timeline consultation (which was an absolute game changer), high-res images, AND an engagement shoot. The engagement shoot was such a benefit because we got to practice our wedding poses and have gorgeous pictures that were truly an extra surprise we didn’t think were in our budget. As soon as we met Jennifer, we felt a sigh of relief because not only did she make us feel relaxed, we also knew right away this girl knows her stuff and is truly a master of her art.

She was genuine and dedicated to making our wedding the most memorable day/night of our lives. And SHE DID! She was very informative and upfront about working with us towards meeting our expectations for our wedding and thought of every detail that I forgot. She kept us on track with our timeline and ensured we got all our shots we wanted.

We felt cared about and our pictures speak for themselves. Her photos tell a story of our wedding day and her aesthetic and attention to detail shines in her work. I could go on forever on how we couldn’t have wished for a better experience.
    Lalig T. Married on 11/11/2018

Extremely satisfying

Jennifer photographed my wedding back in November and she did an amazing job. The results of the images she gave back were hands down more than I could have ever asked for. If you're looking for a wedding photographer, look no further because Jennifer's eyes capture every moment of your most important day.

Thank you for everything you did for us. We are more than excited to, not only look through our photos, but to also share them with all our guests.
  • Rachel
    Rachel Married on 10/27/2018

Seriously incredible!

Jennifer Lourie is incredible! Not only is she so talented, but she always has a way of making. You feel completely comfortable and natural. We had the pleasure of having her both for our engagement photos and our wedding and her professionalism, easy going personality, and amazing eye for all things beautiful make us so happy to have selected her for these special moments. We no doubt will use Jennifer Lourie for future photography use and would recommend in a heartbeat to anyone looking to capture their special life moments perfectly.
  • Lisa
    Lisa Married on 10/20/2018

Totally Wonderful

Jennifer was one of the best choices I made for my wedding in October of 2018. She does incredible work at a very reasonable price. She really knows how to get the photos you want of your special day. Everyone I know is so pleased with her photos, I could not have asked for a better person to document such an important event.
  • Camille
    Camille A. Married on 10/13/2018

Photographer AND coordinator

Jennifer was great to work with. She was able to capture the majority of my requests in the 10 hours we booked her for. I didn't have a wedding coordinator but couldn't even tell bc she was so efficient that she pretty much was my coordinator too! Overall, I would def recommend her.
    Alex Married on 10/06/2018

A+ Wedding Photographer

Jennifer was wonderful! She took the time to get to know us and understand exactly what we were looking for her to capture on our special day. She was super friendly and was also a great "director," setting up clever shots and making sure the wedding party was corralled into the right spots. Thanks Jennifer!
  • Julie
    Julie Married on 09/08/2018

Jennifer is amazing!

Jennifer is amazing! She is so talented, and her pictures are beautiful. She captured our day better than we could have ever imagined or asked for. We highly recommend her!
  • Anthony
    Anthony Married on 07/21/2018

Wonderful Photographer

I'm very much overdue for writing this review, but better late than never! Jennifer photographed our wedding about 3 years ago and did a killer job. She was incredibly attentive, fast, high quality, and great with the guests. Our photos were delivered early, along with a lovely customized wooden box and USB thumbstick. Another good thing is that Jennifer is truly a pro, with backup cameras that each contain redundant memory, so the odds of equipment malfunctions leading to loss of photos is very low. Jennifer is also very sweet, and during our meetings with her we could tell she cares about her clients. I wouldn't hesitate to hire Jennifer again for future family photos!
    Jeffrey Married on 05/12/2018
    Jennifer is an outstanding photographer. From our very first meeting, to when we received our photographs, she was very professional, kind, and responsive. And she takes amazing photographs! I would definitely recommend Jennifer to a friend.
    Alexandria Married on 02/23/2018
    We loved the work that Jennifer did for our wedding. We live in Chicago, but got married in Southern California, and luckily she works in both locations! That made it easy for us to meet with her both when we were in SoCal for family holidays or wedding related events, and in Chicago when she was here. Our wedding day pictures came out absolutely gorgeous. She really knows how to work the light. And more than that, she made sure to accommodate exactly what we wanted in regard to detail pictures, portraits, and family shots. This is especially important when not all family members get along, which Jennifer made sure to ask about ahead of time. Best of all, Jennifer got us our photos back in less than three weeks!
    Desi M. Married on 01/20/2018

Amazing Photographer

Jennifer, as we near our one year anniversary, Michael and I were very lucky to have had you as our photographer. She both helps you pose and allows you to be natural, making the pictures unique to you. Jennifer was right on time and probably knew the timeline of the day better than I did. She is the epitome of professionalism and we loved working with her. On behalf of both of our families thank you!
    Paola Married on 01/06/2018
    I can't even put into words how amazing Jennifer is! Let's start with the fact that she was willing to travel all the way to Costa Rica to capture our beautiful day. She was very flexible in doing so with all the arrangements. She delivered our beautiful pictures super quick! The quality is beyond excellent! Every picture is beautiful, colorful and vibrant! She capture all the beauty of Costa Rica, of the tropical flowers, the beautiful venues, and the amazing sunset. But what I want to focus on is how I feel every time I see our pictures. Jennifer capture every detail in such a magical way that when I look at our pictures, I know exactly how I was feeling at that moment. I feel a rush of feelings as if i were reliving our wedding day. She also capture everyone having the time of their lives during the reception. It definitely puts a smile on our faces as we see everyone having so much fun!

Jennifer came to Costa Rica, and joined our family during the weekend! She was very professional, you can see how much she cares about her clients and delivering an amazing product. Jennifer ended up becoming part of our little group of friends and family! We all love her! She is awesome and her work is 100/10. We recommend her to everyone a million times!
  • Y
    Yulia Married on 11/05/2017
    Jen did a fantastic job covering our wedding. Her attention to detail was key in all aspects of shooting our wedding, from posing us, shooting the details that we may have over looked and making sure the areas in which we were photographing in were free of clutter so that we received the nicest possible final image. She worked well under pressure as we gave her a tight window to work with in. She was patient and pleasant while dealing with a group of about 20 friends and family members that were all hungry. Jen delivered a large gallery of full resolution images ahead of her guaranteed deadline, which made my husband and I very happy. If we could do our wedding over again, I’d choose Jen to photograph it without a doubt.
    Erika Married on 09/17/2017
    Jennifer was a dream-come-true-photographer. When we saw her work, we knew it was the style we wanted. We hadn't decided on the date for our wedding yet, but were thinking September 16th. Contacting her was a breeze, and when we found out she was booked the 16th, but not the 17th, we literally decided to change the date to the 17th!!! We were THAT settled on booking her before we even met! From the very first meeting to the last, Jennifer was organized, articulate, professional, and OH-so friendly! She made us feel extremely comfortable, and I felt like she was always thinking about capturing our "good side." And that proved true when we got our prints back (in record time)! Jennifer's talent is unquestionable, BUT it's all the extra little things, and surprises she does along the way that make her an EXCEPTIONAL choice as your wedding photographer. YOU.WILL.NOT.REGRET.IT.
    Angela Married on 09/16/2017
    Jennifer Lourie is AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING!! Our overall experience was great. Jennifer's friendly & bubbly personality made it awesome to work with. She walked us through every step of the way, from our very first meeting to our last when we finalized our special day with all the fine details. Jennifer was very flexible & open when it came to setting up a day and time to meet and her communication was speedy. I felt that she was always very organized in the sense where I never had to worry about what the next step was that needed to get done. I can't express how much I LOVED our engagement photos and when I received our wedding photos, I fell in love even more. I was dreading the wait time to receive both engagement & wedding photos but not with Jennifer, we received both so quickly and in a timely manner. Everything leading up to our wedding was so stressful but when it came to our photographer, she made it seem like a piece of cake. The most valuable item we spent on our big day was our pictures and we truly can't thank Jennifer enough for the beauty, love and happiness she captured that day. Our wedding day was perfect and we couldn't have picked a better person to capture it with great artistry, top of the line quality, and professionalism.
    Kassidy Married on 09/08/2017
    From start to finish Jennifer exceeded our expectations. I knew her photos would be exquisite since I had studied her work via her website prior to requesting a booking. What I was blown away by was her professionalism, attention to detail, and superior customer service skills. She does an initial meet and greet, which allowed us to explain our wedding vision. The engagement session allowed us to become comfortable in front of the camera and work out poses for the actual wedding day. She sat down with us and did an extensive shot list which included every grouping we wanted for the formals. When our wedding day arrived, Jennifer was an artistic machine. She kept us on schedule and didn't miss a single moment. The final product, presented in a stunning custom engraved keepsake, was filled with beautiful memories from a day we will cherish forever. When booking a vendor for something as important as your wedding, don't settle for the ordinary. Jennifer Lourie Photography pushes the bar higher and gives back more to her customers. She gives a piece of herself along the way.
    Cristina Married on 09/02/2017
    Jennifer's work is AMAZING!! We are so thrilled and happy since the day we met with Jennifer. She is very knowledgeable and so talented. She is everything we were looking for. We met at a Starbucks near our house and right away she made us feel at ease about the whole process. She went over timeline for our wedding and was so happy to answer all our questions. Throughout the time leading to our wedding, she was available to answer questions and was always so calm. The whole booking process was smooth and she answered all our questions. After we booked, she even sent us couple mugs with a Starbucks gift card. How sweet is that!! Then, we did our engagement shoot and that was so fun!! Leading up to the wedding, she sent us a gift card to the movies with a card telling us to enjoy the moment and not to stress during the wedding planning process. She was like an angel, always there at the right times! Love her! The day of the wedding came, and she was fabulous! So organized, she got all the shots we wanted, took pictures of the details, and of all my family members which was so important to us. Our portrait pictures of my husband and I are AMAZING! It's like what you see in bridal magazines! She is sooo good! I would BOOK HER NOW!!! Plus her prices are so affordable. She will email you the packages once you contact her, no pressure!!
    C Married on 07/15/2017
    I can honestly say that this was such a fortunate turn of events. For our wedding we kind of stumbled across Jennifer's website and we fell in love with her pictures from moment one. I can honestly say she didn't disappoint either. Her pictures turned out absolutely spectacular and she was great dealing with both families as mine can be kind of hard to handle. She always made sure we got into the right positions, we got all of the photos we requested and more. I would recommend Jennifer to everyone. Thank you again!
    Brenna Married on 05/16/2017
    Jennifer is amazing! My husband and I decided to elope to California. We chose Jennifer to be our photography based on her lovely reviews. We had our previous photgrapher fall through. That could have been the best thing to happen to us! Jennifer was flexible for us to meet at the crack of dawn at the Griffith Observatory for pictures. She was also gracious enough to drive us a short way so we wouldn't be lost tourists! Topping it off, she was kind enough to let us buy her breakfast and enjoy lovely conversation. She seriously is the best. I wish I lived in California so we could be friends. Very professional, yet casual. Intricate, detailed work with flawless results. You will not be sorry booking with Jennifer!
    Sara Married on 04/15/2017

Amazing customer service and phenomenal photographer

Two of my best friends used Jennifer for their photographer before I did and throughout the whole experience, I had the best time working with Jennifer! She is an amazing photographer, and the photos speak for themselves as to her talent and capability. I could not recommend her highly enough. 😁❤🥂
    Marlee Married on 03/04/2017
    Jennifer has done family photos of my daughter and I when it was just the two of us, then family photos with my boyfriend, then engagement photos, and recently wedding photos. Trusting someone to capture your memories on your big day is a HUGE deal. And let me tell you- it felt so good to not have to stress about that. She is super organized, which means I didn't have to be- she literally started working the second she got to the venue and got photos of everything and everyone I wanted. They turned out better than I could have asked for. I'm hoping she will do Christmas photos for us again this year!
    Adilene Married on 03/03/2017
    We are so happy we had the opportunity to have Jennifer as our photographer for our big day. From the moment we met Jennifer, she listened to our ideas and provided amazing feedback on how make our day run as smoothly as possible. Jennifer took the time to get to really know us and make us feel as comfortable as possible. She was thoughtful enough to send us a surprise gift during the craziness of the wedding planning process. Jennifer was one of the best decisions we made as picking her to capture this amazing day. From our engagement photos to the big day, I could not be happier with her amazing work. Jennifer was very professional and organized the day of the wedding. She was a key person in making the day run as planned. Her work so beautiful and it captured every wonderful part of our wedding. Thank you Jennifer for being a part of our wedding!
    Tamara Married on 02/02/2017
    Jennifer is easy-going and comfortable to be around, my guy and I are more than a little camera shy so she was the perfect fit! She seemed to find what she is meant to do and got excited about creating beautiful images. Not only was she amazing to work with, but the pictures (which we received today- yay!) are GORGEOUS. In addition to the amazing end result, our day was organized due to her efficiency and helping in any aspect she could.

We absolutely fell in love with her upon meeting and decided she was the person to book. She surpassed our desires in capturing our dream wedding indoors! Could not recommend her enough!
    Sherri Married on 01/22/2017
    From our first meeting to the big day, Jennifer Lourie Photography went above and beyond any expectations we had!
    We have the most breath taking photos we have ever seen presented in a beautiful linen embossed album we will treasure throughout our lifetime. Jennifer Lourie came prepared to meet the day head on with ideas, poses, helpful hints, creativity, and thankfully her patience. Her professionalism goes above and beyond, she is truly gifted and thoughtful. I will always be grateful she knew what I should do with my hands, and made sure to capture every special moment of our day. We can't thank Jennifer Lourie enough for making our day as wonderfully amazing as it was.

We could not have made a better choice!
    Rebekah Married on 11/12/2016
    Jennifer is the best!! From our engagement photos to our wedding day our pictures not only turned out beautiful, she was able to capture all the little details also. She makes you feel comfortable when taking pictures with her and has such a wonderful personality. She has the creativity that you would want and a very good eye for detail. Jennifer was amazing to work with and we couldn't be happier. Highly recommend you will not be disappointed.