Jen Yuson Photography Reviews

Jen Yuson Photography 1
Jen Yuson Photography 2
Jen Yuson Photography 3

amanda · Married on 09/28/2013

If I could give Jen Yuson Photography six stars on everything, I would. She was so fun and easy to work with - extremely responsive from the first email sent. I had a hard time at first finding someone who matched exactly what we were looking for - someone who was fun - yet professional, could do some posed portraits - but also some awesome candids, someone who allowed our personalities to be reflected in her photography - but I knew when I looked at Jen's website, I had found exactly what we were looking for. She and her husband are such a fun, upbeat, but not over the top pair, and they both made us feel more comfortable and at ease in front of the camera. The groom is especially camera shy but you wouldn't know that by looking at the photos. Our photos were ready to view exactly one month and one day from the day of our wedding - such a huge surprise to receive them that fast. She took EVERY photo that we asked...and then some. We only had her for 4 hours and she managed to get every shot. All in all, I would recommend her to anyone. We were so happy with the quality of the photography. And the silly galleries were the best - so many laugh out loud moments! Thank you, Jen and Shawn!!! Such a talented pair of lovely people!

Sent on 11/16/2013

Lisa · Married on 08/17/2013

It was so great to have you part of our special weekend!

Sent on 10/03/2013

Ashley · Married on 07/27/2013

Jen and her husband Shawn were the absolute best photographers we could have hoped for. Correspondence with Jen before our wedding day was timely and professional, and her questionnaire ensured that I had thought of everything beforehand, making me feel much more prepared and stress-free. We also hired Jen for our rehearsal dinner, and we are so happy that we chose that extra service. Jen and Shawn were punctual, professional, prepared, but most importantly had great senses of humor, which is a must in our families. Within minutes of the coverage, we felt like we had hired our oldest friends. Jen was great at corralling everyone for group shots, and both she and Shawn kept the mood fun and relaxed, making for even better candid shots. On our wedding day, Jen even came prepared with a "rescue kit" that came in handy for a couple of last-minute rescues. The wedding day itself was perfect, but it wouldn't have been without the amazing photography, humor, and attitudes of Jen and Shawn. We couldn't be more pleased with our wedding photos. You will not be disappointed hiring Jen Yuson photography! Wonderful people and extremely talented photographers.

Sent on 10/19/2013

Jen and second photographer Shawn were awesome. They made the picture taking quick and un-awkward. Their personalities were calm and professional and we all had a good time together. I really relied on Jen to help me figure out a good schedule for the timeline of getting ready, photos, ceremony start, and cocktail hour (in regards to getting all the pictures we wanted done). She rolled with my indecisiveness and was awesome with coordinating all of those events and people.

Sent on 07/20/2013

Susan · Married on 05/18/2013

Absolutely incredible - from beginning to end just perfection. Jen responded to my initial inquiry within 1 day and that set the tone all the way through. She addressed any and all questions immediately and walked me through pricing and packages thoroughly and clearly - grab her now before she realizes how cheap she is! :)
    Then there was the wedding day: I met one of Jen's associate photographers, Suzie, in the lobby and from that point forward she was this calming, reassuring presence in the background of my wedding day. I never knew what an intimate bond the bride has with her photographer but I realized on my wedding day that Suzie was trying to capture our wedding AS WE WANTED IT TO BE. Jen and Suzy worked with me ahead of time on what my 'vision' was (c'mon what woman hasn't dreamt of her wedding day???), and OMG the photos captured that and so much more.
    The photos...OMG the PHOTOS!!! Every single person who has seen them has been blown away - our parents all cried when they saw what Suzie and Jen had created - I am still speechless when I look at them. I've asked Jen to post them to her website so people could see for themselves.
    And, finally, here's the kicker: Jen had the finished, post-production product to me, which included a 6 minute slideshow to music in SIX DAYS. 6 DAYS. 6. SIX DAYS!!! That is an unheard of turnaround (at least in Boston where I'm from).
    There aren't words to express my debt of gratitude for the experience I had working with Jen and Suzie on my wedding day. They are simply the best.

Sent on 06/06/2013

Emily · Married on 05/11/2013

I cannot recommend Jen and Beth from Jen Yuson Photography highly enough! Jen was fantastic throughout the process - quick with communication and creative brainstorming for ways to make sure we planned appropriately and got all the shots we wanted. She helped me stay within my budget and recommended Beth Ely, her associate photographer to work with me.

Beth, you was AMAZING and I cannot fully express the value of having her there to help with the timeline, different shots and ideas for pictures. Many people came up to me throughout the evening and asked if she was a close friend of mine - a true testament in my eyes that she are fabulous at your job! She even carried a 20 ft ladder through a crowded room at the reception by herself and corralled all my guests in order make sure to get the group shot that I wanted!

Most importantly: the pictures are better than I could have ever imagined. I received the online album access within a few days and the dvd with all of my photos within a week. Amazing value, service and quality.

Sent on 05/29/2013

S · Married on 03/16/2013

Jen Yuson is an excellent wedding photographer. She did a wonderful job capturing the personality and spirit of our Asheville, North Carolina wedding. She is so friendly and lots of fun to work with. She was super responsive in all stages of the planning process. We were planning the wedding from out of town and she made everything so easy for us, even adjusting her schedule to meet with us when we were in town a few weeks before the wedding. Our pictures were ready less than 2 weeks after the wedding, and I love them all! Looking through them made me feel like I was back at the wedding again! I would highly recommend Jen to anyone looking for a great photographer. She is professional, personable and very talented. She made our wedding day so special!

Sent on 03/30/2013
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 12/28/2012

Our best decision of the whole wedding process. We absolutely adore Jen and her husband Shawn. Our photos are stunning! It was important to us to spend a little extra on a great photographer in order to preserve the memories of such a monumental day... And we are so happy we did! Our portraits capture the feel and emotion of the day. Our wedding party photos also portray the personalities of each of the close friends we wanted as part of our day. When it comes to responsiveness and flexibility, Jen is top-knotch. She had our photos edited and uploaded to be viewed within a week's time. Any questions or concerns I had leading up to our wedding day were responded to within 24 hours. Because our venue did not have a lot of natural light during the winter months, Jen was able to work her magic to keep our photos esthetically pleasing to the eye. She and Shawn blended in to the scene and could have passed as guests of the wedding. Due to our own busy schedules, Jen and Shawn came to Nashville to take our engagement pictures for a very reasonable fee. Looking back, we are so happy to have our engagement pictures in the area where we were living. Our wedding was almost a year ago now. I periodically look through our wedding book (which is divine quality, btw) and the flood of emotions from the day overwhelm me. That, folks, is how you know you have wonderful photos! I cannot recommend them enough! We look forward to looking up Jen and Shawn whenever we return to the Asheville area to visit.

Sent on 11/18/2013

Chelsi · Married on 12/01/2012

Jen and Shawn were fantastic!!! They were friendly, funny, and professional. They arrived on time and got right to work taking pictures. The photos turned out perfect and we could not have been any happier with our choice of photographer!!!

Sent on 12/17/2012

marlene · Married on 09/22/2012

Jen is amazing! She did an astounding job on our engagement portraits, and our wedding photos are astonishing!

For our engagement portraits: We had to shoot our pics early in the day due to a massive heat wave (max temps at 103 degrees!) so we were nervous for everyone involved that it would be a tiring day. Not so. We had so much fun, even with the heat wave-ness and got some wonderful shots! Honestly, I couldn't find one picture I was luke warm on. I loved them all! She has great ability to capture the personality and vibe of a couple, it's really quite amazing.

For our wedding: She makes everyone look amazing! She can capture an entire story in a single photograph. There was a photo she took of my grandmother's cardigan that I used as my "something old" and it made my mom tear up. It brought back so many memories in such a good way, and it's awesome to see.

Our portraits and post-ceremony pictures were so stress free. That's saying a lot on your wedding day! She makes having your photos taken fun. She was great with family and friends, too. Very personable.

Also, we were married on a farm in the Blue Ridge Mountains right outside of Asheville, so the setting was perfect. We have amazing wedding photos that we will love looking at throughout the years.

We are so very happy with her. Hire this woman!!! I mean it. Go on...you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 10/09/2012

Lindsay · Married on 09/08/2012

Jen and Shawn from Jen Yuson photography were wonderful to work with from beginning to end. When we were looking for photographers, Jen drew us in with creative photos, and when we met her, her friendly and professional personality convinced us that she should shoot our wedding. She has a great eye for unique shots and is organized, sweet, and calming. Jen was communicative and responsive to my questions leading up to the wedding day and then, on that day, she and Shawn arrived early to get a feel for the venue. Their extra consideration paid off in photos that captured unique perspectives of the wedding events in the context of the beautiful setting. She and Shawn were flexible, helpful, and reassuring as weather caused us to shift the day's events, and they captured a memorable day beautifully. Jen and Shawn are great people that we hope to keep in touch with and excellent photographers that we hope to bring in again to shoot future important events.

Sent on 10/07/2012

ANGELA · Married on 05/27/2012

1. Pre-planning! Jen is extremely professional, organized, & thoughtful.. She stayed in close contact, emailing me w/ pre-wedding hints sheets & questionnaires that helped me put the day's schedule together. She asked thorough questions to ensure that everyone dear to us was in the formal portraits. Jen talked me through the small details that a stressed-out bride is likely to forget, putting me at ease and helping me to get more organized. She was also flexible and willing to work out additional package items & payment options. 2. Picture time! *On the day, Jen and Shawn were GREAT at keeping me and the groom separate. no paths crossed! Shawn took some of the coolest shots of the groomsmen getting ready & my husband's family. The guys all told me that he put them at ease & was so much fun to have around that they felt totally natural & I think that came across exquisitely. Somehow in the middle of all that, they captured ALL the details of the wedding that slip by so quickly on the day. *Family portraits -they kept everyone moving quickly, & took tons of different kinds of pictures, from traditional to more contemporary, black/white & color. *These two didn't even take a break. Like what?! Hours of picture-taking & they kept going and going, not even stopping to eat. 3. Finished product. Would I give 5 stars if the pictures weren't fabulous?! *They were beautiful. The light was lovely. The details were all there. They are preserved memories &moments that I can't wait to revisit over the years. *I cried so many times while looking at them. Yes, I was probably a little weepy from post-wedding relief... but there were so many pictures from the reception that captured our friends and family looking so happy & so THEMSELVES. *The pics were ready fast - 10 days after the wedding, both online albums and DVD format - which made our mothers really happy. Ordering online is easy & quick. 4. Price/Value: 2 photogs w/o steep markup pricing who ask what you want & listen. A++

Sent on 08/15/2012

I cannot express how over-the-moon I was when I saw the pictures of our day. She took the theme of our wedding and captured moments and personalities that I didn't expect. She was just perfect.

Sent on 10/29/2012

Christi · Married on 01/23/2012

Jen captured every essence of each special moment amazingly. All of my photos I absolutely love. She rocks!

Sent on 10/11/2012
  • jpk617

Jaime · Married on 10/08/2011

Jen is absolutely amazing and I wish there was a rating system that went above 5.0 in order to express how superior her services are!

From her wonderful and engaging personality, her desire and sincere interest to provide us with the photography services and photos we wanted, to the stunning work she produced - All we can say is Wow!! Our expectations were far exceeded.
    I truly hope we will have more wonderful events in our future so that I will have the opportunity to work with her again.

Sent on 12/22/2011

Kyra · Married on 10/02/2011

Wonderful! Jen is professional, talented, and a joy to work with. She shot my wedding and bridal portraits -- my husband and I (and our families) are SO happy with the results. She's expert at capturing invaluable moments in time, telling the story of the day, and making you laugh along the way. In the beginning, I was nervous to be in front of the camera, but Jen's great sense of humor, easy going nature, and fun disposition made me at ease almost immediately. As a result, we got great photos that are genuine and lovely. The highest of recommendations from me --

Sent on 02/08/2012
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 08/06/2011

Jen was absolutely fantastic from start to finish. She exceeded my expectations at every level, and her pictures were amazing! I feel fortunate to have booked her for my wedding; you should book her if you can!

Sent on 08/23/2011

Erika · Married on 06/11/2011

In a word, Jen Yuson Photography is AMAZING. From the very beginning, Jen provided my husband and I with lots of information and was responsive to all of our questions. In addition, she provided a thorough pre-event consultation questionnaire that gave us the opportunity to describe our special event and specific moments that we wanted her to capture. On the day of the event, Jen and her husband Shawn were both professional and enjoyable. I had been leary about having a photographer shoot my "getting ready" process; however, Jen was so easy and fun to work with that it only enhanced an already wonderful morning! During our ceremony (a full Catholic Mass) and reception (a brunch), Jen and her husband were so inconspicuous that my mother remarked "Wow! I didn't even notice them taking those photos!" after viewing our digital photo album.

There is no question that Jen is an experienced and accomplished photographer. She used several different types of cameras (digital camera, color film camera, black & white camera - and others that I cannot readily identify!), and knew exactly which ones were best for capturing specific shots. We were seriously "WOW-ed" as we looked through all of the photos from our special day (and, there were SOOOO many beautiful photos to look through!)!

We are also totally satisfied with the different product packages that Jen Yuson Photography had to offer, and were able to pick one that fit our needs and budget. The end products (digital album, flipbook, DVD, proof books, and prints) were put together beautifully, and delivered quickly. Also, Jen's digital photo gallery is easy to navigate and easy for others (e.g., parents) to access and purchase their own prints if they so desire.

All in all, my husband and I are 100% thrilled with the service and products provided by Jen Yuson Photography. We both consider choosing Jen Yuson Photography as one of our absolute best wedding planning decisions!

Sent on 08/23/2011

Lisa · Married on 07/03/2010

Jen is amazing! An amazing person and photographer. She has a magical way of making something ordinary look beautiful! Jen is a true pro at capturing wonderful and glorious life moments.

Sent on 07/14/2010

Jennifer · Married on 05/28/2010

I LOVED working with Jen Yuson--she was fantastic, from the moment of our first email communications to how quickly she got our photos back--I knew she said that it was typically going to be 6-8 weeks, but perhaps knowing the upcoming challenges ahead for me (I got married and then 2 weeks later started chemo treatment for breast cancer) Jen moved heaven and earth and sent our flip book so that it was waiting for us when we got back from the cancer center--such a treat! But really, it's Jen's eye that is incredible--she is a true artist--I can easily envision her work on the walls of the NC Art Museum (Jen, you should consider sending them some of the photos of the sculpture "gyre" and the Lowe's Pavillion). Seriously, I am not prone to gushing but all I can say is that if you are looking for a photographer for any event, stop now--you've found her! She's flexible, unobtrusive during the event, but absolutely charming and delightful in all the right ways.

Sent on 06/12/2010

Lexi · Married on 04/24/2010

Jen was great. Gorgeous wedding pictures, very responsive and flexible service, and she has given us stunning albums. I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 06/15/2010

Kiki · Married on 06/10/2017

Words can't describe how amazing Jen and Shawn are. The photos speak for themselves. Not only are they easy to work with, but they both have a calming vibe that was much needed on a hectic wedding day. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the pictures and highly highly recommend them. Kudos to you both.

Sent on 06/10/2017

K · Married on 08/25/2012

Fabulous to work with and fabulous work!

Sent on 10/14/2012

Laura · Married on 05/25/2012

I hired Jen to shoot our engagement pictures in May of 2012 based on her portfolio from her website, since I was not unable to meet in person. I absolutely LOVED working with her! She had never visited our location (family lake house) and automatically scooped out some beautiful spots around the lake and property to shoot us. She was full of ideas and made my fiance and I feel comfortable the entire time. She made us laugh and smile with ease. The photos came out just as beautiful as we anticipated! She was super fast with blogging our session and editing our pictures. Jen is wonderful!

Sent on 08/15/2012

Hannah · Married on 10/18/2014

I would definitely recommend Jen Yuson photography for any occasion. Suzie and Shawn shot my October wedding and the pictures were stunning. Suzie and Shawn were both very attentive and worked hard to get the shots we wanted. From beginning to end, Jen is very attentive and organized. Her professionalism really works for a type A person like myself. I am very happy with my choice!

Sent on 11/11/2014