52 Reviews for Jen Yuson Photography

Wedding Portraits (1)
Albums (1)
Prints (1)
52 Jen Yuson Photography Reviews

Jen and her husband were super easy to work with and very flexible to meet our needs!

Profile Picture Corinne, 11/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Wedding Portraits

Jen and Shawn were a dream to work with. We asked them to handle our engagement session and wedding and could not be more pleased with the process and outcome. My groom and I are not ones to take a millions pictures of ourselves, so having professional shots that we could treasure and share with our family was very important to us. Jen far exceeded our expectations. She made us feel so comfortable and confident. Half the time we didn't even know she was shooting. The photos came out so beautifully- very classy portraits, with some cutesy shots thrown in and amazing attention to detail. She is able to pick up on your personality and let it shine. When my bridesmaids and I were getting ready things did not look pretty- we were running late, there were bags and bandaids everywhere- and yet the photos show such a happy atmosphere with trash out of the shot;) Our family and friends are still gushing over the photos months later. It means the world to us to see our parents get teary eyed going through the slideshow:) Jen gives you many options regarding ordering photos after they are ready (which was only 2 weeks after the event!) and her prices seemed more than fair esp. given the Asheville wedding market. We would in a heartbeat recommend her to anyone getting married in the Asheville area

Profile Picture laura, 8/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Words can't describe how amazing Jen and Shawn are. The photos speak for themselves. Not only are they easy to work with, but they both have a calming vibe that was much needed on a hectic wedding day. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the pictures and highly highly recommend them. Kudos to you both.

Profile Picture Kiki, 6/10/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

So happy with the work Jen did. I honestly had no idea how great the pictures would be because I sometimes forgot they were even there! I really wanted the focus to be on candid shots and she delivered. Jen and her husband are also as sweet as can be. You will not regret going with Jen for your wedding photography!

Profile Picture Amy, 6/10/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

I can't even begin to explain how fantastic it was to work with Jen from Jen Yuson Photography. My partner and I contacted her early to book for our Wedding in October 2015 and also to book a boudoir/kissable photo session before the wedding. She was prompt in her responses to our requests and inquiries. She even made me feel comfortable via email before meeting her for the boudoir session - a difficult thing to do! (: We were able to schedule everything and she provided recommendations for us for both the wedding and the boudoir session. Her professionalism and expertise shined as she worked with us to create "kodak moments" that became beautiful photos.
Wedding: We all know wedding days can be stressful, but Jen was so flexible and open to whatever changes we needed to make due to the ridiculous rain that day. She came to our wedding location early to get a feel for what shots she wanted to include and worked with us and our schedule, as the rain caused some delays and shifts in our wedding day schedule. Jen did an incredible job working with the room, the lighting, the craziness of wedding stress, and getting the portraits that we wanted to make sure we had from the wedding. Jen braved the rain and walked with us through the woods in Asheville's Botanical Gardens while water collected and created some muddy/slippery spots. She was stealthy and captured so many different angels all throughout the ceremony. We were non-traditional and are doing our reception a month or so after our wedding day, and she worked hard to be able to get us some photos that we could share with our reception guests in time!
Thank you SO much Jen!!! We look forward to seeing you again in Asheville! (:

Profile Picture Kaitlyn, 11/28/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Boudoir Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Albums, Digital Files

Jen shot our wedding for us and she was just phenomenal! Her photography is wonderful but in my opinion what sets her apart from the rest is her kind spirit, her easy breezy attitude making her great to work with, her prompt responses AND her sense of humor. Her amazing photos are just a bonus!

Profile Picture Lianne, 10/24/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jen was absolutely fantastic and I can spend all day talking about how awesome she is! She’s extremely prompt in her communications, and spent a ton of time ironing out the details with us to ensure she captured everything on our wedding day. She’s a true artist and bonafide photographer-genius who can quickly size up the lighting situation at any venue and capture THE most gorgeous shots. She’s a master of light, and made our digital photos look like film in color and black and white. She worked hard and captured every special moment and detail in our wedding. She took so many gorgeous photos of us without me even realizing it! About two weeks after our wedding, and the day we returned from our honeymoon, Jen emailed the great news that our photos were ready! I couldn’t believe how many sweet, candid moments she captured between us, our friends, and families. If you want the most awesome wedding photos in the whole world, and if you want to look awesome in literally every photo (even the bloopers) — you MUST go with Jen Yuson Photography. Boom.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/12/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Additional Hours, Digital Files

I cannot say enough good things about Jen Yuson Photography! We found Jen Yuson via Wedding Wire, and were so happy to see how many affordable photography options they offered. (We were getting super stressed out once we saw how expensive photography could be. We are not cheap, but just didn't have the budget to spend more than $2000.) We selected Associate Photographer, Beth Ziefle, because she offered all-digital photos with high-resolution downloads of all of the images.

When I contacted Jen, she and I worked together to determine the number of hours coverage we would need to suit our budget. She set up a Skype meeting with Beth for me, and I loved Beth from the start! She had a great personality and seemed genuinely excited about photographing our wedding. (We decided to have our entire wedding indoors, and I felt that this wasn't received so well by some of the other photographers we interviewed.)

Jen sent me a very detailed survey to complete about when everything would take place, which family members I wanted in which photos, etc. I was so grateful for this list because it helped me really think about our wedding timeline and decide what was important to photograph. Every time I had a question, Jen got back to me right away!

Beth was amazing!! She arrived early to scope out the location before our photography session began (which I was very impressed by) and her personality really put us and the wedding party at ease. She was super quick to organize our family photos during the reception so that we could still enjoy part of our cocktail hour. And, most of the time, we weren't even aware where she was while she was photographing us! This was incredible and really helped to capture some beautiful, candid moments, as my fiance and I are pretty shy and have a tendency to clam up in front of the camera.

Our photos are absolutely GORGEOUS. Jen provided excellent customer service, and Beth was a pleasure to work with! We would highly recommend them!

Profile Picture lisa, 9/12/15, 13 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jen and Shawn were awesome! We are somewhat camera shy and they made us feel quite comfy. It was almost like having great friends (the responsible and professional ones) taking our pictures. While fun and friendly they were also consummate professionals. And the picture quality was spectacular! There were lots of great poses and great action shots as well. Couldn't be happier!

Profile Picture Dan, 8/29/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images

Jen and Shawn were the perfect pair to photograph our wedding. They made us feel so at ease right from the start. They are extremely down to earth and make you feel like you have known them forever. We got our pictures back within a month, and looking at them was like reliving our perfect day over and over again. They truly captured the feel of the day and got plenty of candid moments we wouldn't have seen otherwise. We cannot thank Jen and Shawn enough for making our day so enjoyable and for creating these mementos we will treasure forever.

Profile Picture Anna, 7/11/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

The first question everyone asked me after hearing I was engaged was "so who's going to be your wedding photographer?" I guess most people don't get asked this question often, but as a wedding photographer myself, I suppose my opinion carries a little more weight than the average bride. Knowing dozens of talented photographers, you might think the choice would be tough. But, it wasn't. From day one (actually about a couple years before day one), I knew I wanted Jen.

I've worked with her in the past, so I knew her positive attitude and endearing silliness would keep my family stress-free and truly enjoying portrait time. My husband doesn't like being in front of my lens, but Jen and her husband, Shawn, can keep anyone at ease. They blended into the background most of the day but were there and helpful anytime I needed them. It rained the entire day of my wedding, but they were supportive, creative, and helped me to embrace the weather and get some of the most genuine and lovely images I've ever seen from a wedding. They both FAR exceeded my expectations (and my expectations were HIGH).

The pictures are absolutely INCREDIBLE. I received so many compliments from family and friends on how beautiful they are. As a wedding photographer, I'm pretty picky, but there are honestly so many wonderful images that it's been hard for me to decide which ones to print and share. Choosing Jen as my wedding photographer was the best decision I made for my wedding (besides picking my husband).

Profile Picture Beth, 4/25/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

We are beyond thrilled with our photos and our experience with Jen and Shawn.
Jen's photos capture the pure joy of the day and the shots are natural and relaxed. We will truly cherish the wedding photos forever. Best of all, Jen and Shawn are so darn like-able. We highly recommend this dynamic due!

Profile Picture Britt, 2/28/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Kept us relaxed and happy on our wedding. We could not be happier with the photos we received either. They are beautiful and elegant. We asked for film photography as well, which not everyone offers, and the results were classic and elegant.

Simply perfect. Thank you so much, Jen!!

Profile Picture User4969917, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Great pictures and professionalism. Our photographer was Jo Mathewes. She was fantastic!

Profile Picture Sara, 10/25/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I would definitely recommend Jen Yuson photography for any occasion. Suzie and Shawn shot my October wedding and the pictures were stunning. Suzie and Shawn were both very attentive and worked hard to get the shots we wanted. From beginning to end, Jen is very attentive and organized. Her professionalism really works for a type A person like myself. I am very happy with my choice!

Profile Picture Hannah, 10/18/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

I booked Beth Ely of Jen Yuson Photography. At first I was worried about Jen not being available because there was not a ton of sample work from Beth on the website. Then I found several galleries of other weddings Beth had shot and felt confident. I also got to Skype with Beth before signing the contract. Dealing with Jen for all planning purposes was excellent. I was happy with her editing work- even needed her to fix the color of a few images and she did it immediately at no extra charge. Beth was amazing on our wedding day- she was so nice and calm and assertive. We loved her. And we love our images. I found JYP online and randomly, and am so happy I did!

Profile Picture User4713030, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Suzie and Jen were GREAT!!! Photos were amazing, editing was amazing. They were easy to work with, very flexible as I had to change wedding location the day before due to weather. Highly recommend!!

Profile Picture Hannah, 9/13/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I absolutely hit the jackpot when I stumbled across Jen Yuson Photography in my search for a wedding photographer. I had the unique challenge of planning a wedding from hundreds of miles away so based all of my faith upon the beautiful photos from her website. It was a big risk, but it truly paid off. Jen and her husband shot my wedding and the our first encounter was my wedding day. Both she and her husband were extremely laid-back and wonderful to work with. They both have great senses of humor which helped calm my wedding day jitters enormously. As soon as they arrived at the venue the set to work and thankfully snapped up shots of guests arriving, the newly decorated venue, and all of those little details that might accidentally be forgotten. I received so many compliments from guests about their professionalism and personalities. I would highly recommend Jen for your wedding. She and her husband were spectacular!

Profile Picture Katie, 8/31/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jen and Shawn photographed our wedding in Asheville and we were very happy with them. We hadn't met them prior to the wedding day, but they were super down-to-earth and made the photo-taking process fun. Jen is super organized and did a great job handling our large, "complicated" family. She answered all emails quickly and was a pleasure to work with. We got back our photos within a few weeks of the wedding which was really impressive! And of course, the photos were lovely and we have a lot of keepers to choose for our album! I look forward to having Jen photograph us again in the future for an anniversary or family session (one day!).

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/23/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jen and Shawn did an amazing job capturing our day. But it went beyond that. My husband and I had to change our wedding date 2 times due to various reasons, and Jen worked with us to make sure she would be available each time. She was SO patient with us during the process! While we had a smaller intimate wedding, I know our families can be hard to manage at times. But Jen and Shawn did an outstanding job mixing both professionalism and humor to make everyone feel relaxed and comfortable. So, her service was incredible in this way as well. She was very responsive to each of my emails through our tenure.
Onto the photos...ummmmm I am SO happy with them. My husband and I couldn't be happier. This dynamic duo are simply talented. They worked with the space and lighting and the outcome was hundred of truly amazing shots of my family and us. Just WOW!!!! Don't hesitate...book Jen Yuson for your special occasion.

Profile Picture User4156829, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jen Yuson photography did a wonderful job with our wedding and engagement photographs! Very professional, highly skilled and very friendly! I would recommend them to anyone!

Profile Picture User4544104, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

I knew I wanted to book Jen Yuson Photography from the first e-mail I received from Jen. Her quick responses and kind words made the planning easy and stress-free. Jen never left a question unanswered, even despite the holidays, a nasty car wreck, and the birth of her beautiful daughter. I really don't know how she does it. Her sweet associate photographer, Suzie, captured the most beautiful bridal portraits and wedding pictures and Jen edited them to perfection. I would use Jen and her team a million times over. They are worth every penny!! Don't hesitate to book with Jen and her fabulous team!!

Profile Picture Stefanie, 4/12/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

We absolutely loved working with Jen Yuson Photography! We used Jo, and associate photographer, for our Elopement in December. Plans kept changing due to weather and our quick planning. Jen and Jo were so flexible! Jen was very professional, always responded quickly, and I was really glad she recommended Jo. The pictures were fabulous. I really felt like the told our story and felt really personal, while at the same time looked great. Jo has an amazing eye for photography and subject matter, while having a very unique artistic feel to her photography. I would definitely recommend Jen Yuson Photography. I promise you will not regret it!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 12/14/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I had the BEST experience with Jen Yuson Photography. Jen and her husband/associate photographer were just awesome! So friendly and helpful from day 1! Jen's response time to my emails was unreal! She would get back to me the same day! They created wonderful posed photos on our wedding day and got awesome candid shots as well. The pictures were so creative and really captured the essence of our wedding and of us as a couple. Especially after seeing our photos, Jen's services seem like such a steal! Highly professional, beautifully composed photos done by exceptionally nice folks. Finally, Jen had our photos back to us within 3 weeks! Most brides I've spoken with had to wait one month or more for their photos. I HIGHLY recommend Jen Yuson Photograpy!

Profile Picture Kate, 11/2/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Beth, an associate of Jen Yuson, shot my wedding and engagement and she was amazing. Jen communicated with me via email and she was wonderful. I got my pictures back so quickly and they were amazing.

Profile Picture Rachel, 10/19/13, 2 Reviews