Jeanne Cusick Reviews

40 | Charlottesville, VA

40 Reviews for Jeanne Cusick

• Meredith

Meredith · Married on 10/03/2020

Best hair and makeup stylist

I have been in many, many weddings as a bridesmaid, maid of honor and now bride. Jeanne is actually the best. I was lucky to have "trialed" her as the maid of honor for my sister's wedding 3 years ago, so when I got engaged I knew that she was the one to choose...I didn't even look into other stylists! My cousin also used her for her wedding. Jeanne was extremely flexible to our desires of being semi-outdoors for our H&M prep given the known safety of being outside due to COVID. She and her stylists were extremely safe and sanitary such that all the bridesmaids did both hair and makeup with her. I wasn't really sure what I wanted my bridal look to be, but Jeanne helped me find my vision...I can't stop looking at photos and thinking about what an amazing job she did. 10/10 recommend her to everyone!!

Sent on 10/11/2020
  • Emily

Emily Snow Miller · Married on 01/11/2020

We loved working with Jeanne!

We loved working with Jeanne! She listened to my wants and made me feel simultaneously glamorous and natural on my wedding day. My bridesmaids loved the hair styles she did for them as well!

Sent on 03/18/2020
  • Michelle

Michelle Long · Married on 09/21/2019

Great Hair & Makeup!

I highly recommend hiring Jeanne Cusick for your wedding! She did a demo for me at my mother and law's home in Harrisonburg VA and that's when I knew she was perfect! Jeanne is great at making suggestions and listening to your ideas and concerns. She was able to do my whole bridal party with unique and lovely styles both up and down. She gave me a schedule for the day of with ample time for the photographers to get all those perfect getting ready shots. Not to mention I looked stunning! Just what I wanted ;)

Sent on 10/06/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Klann · Married on 07/19/2019

Amazing!!!!

Jeanne was absolutely remarkable to work with!! She did hair and makeup for my sister-in-law's wedding 5 years ago, and was the first vendor I KNEW I wanted to book when I got engaged. She has such a calm demeanor and is truly pleasant to be around. She made my mother, bridesmaids, and me feel at ease while getting ready. We were all so pleased with our hair and makeup for the wedding. I can't recommend her enough!!

Sent on 07/31/2019

Ashley · Married on 07/06/2019

Wonderful!

I am having Jeanne do the hair and makeup for our upcoming summer wedding. I just had my trial and she is amazingly talented and wonderful to be around. I cannot recommend her enough! :)

Sent on 04/02/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Case · Married on 06/15/2019

Jeanne is so talented, and a JOY to be around!

I highly recommend using Jeanne Cusick for wedding hair and makeup. She went above and beyond to understand exactly what my vision was, and then she absolutely delivered with gorgeous hair and makeup for the wedding party. Jeanne responds to emails very quickly, has a fantastic team, and is generally a joy to be around. Also her prices are great! I would definitely recommend this vendor.

Sent on 06/27/2019
  • Stacy

Stacy Counterman · Married on 05/05/2019

Loved Working with Jeanne!

I am so glad I found Jeanne to do our hair and make-up. She is most importantly a wonderful person, and she happens to be very talented! Jeanne was a breeze to work with, especially since I was traveling quite a ways for my trial appointment and for our wedding. She was flexible and happy to adjust, even with the threat of snow storms. :) My whole party enjoyed her and everyone looked stunning. Although we got ready in town, Jeanne traveled out to King Family to do any touch ups we needed. I cannot recommend Jeanne enough; she is absolutely wonderful!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Colleen · Married on 05/04/2019

Great experience in every way!

Jeanne was absolutely great! She not only is very sweet and personable, but she is amazing at what she does. At my wedding Jeanne and a member of her team named Rae did hair and make-up for me, all four of my bridesmaids, my mother, and my mother-in-law. Everyone looked amazing! I can be very particular about my hair and had some very specific requests regarding making sure that my ears were mostly hidden by my hair, and Jeanne was understanding and accommodating. She spent extra time during my trial to make sure that I got exactly what I wanted. I could not recommend her enough! What made this experience even better is that she comes to you! She was already set-up and waiting at my venue when I got there, which helped contribute to a stress-free wedding. A+!

Sent on 05/20/2019

Paige · Married on 09/29/2018

Jeanne is fantastic and I would highly recommend her for anyone looking to have their makeup done for their wedding (or any other event!). She was so easy to work with throughout the entire process. Jeanne was very responsive to all my emails and made out of state wedding planning very easy. I had a trial run with her and she really listened to my concerns and then implemented those changes on the day of my wedding. The day of the wedding she was already set up at the venue when I arrived and was ready to go. She did all of my bridesmaids makeup and did a beautiful job- they looked flawless and still like themselves! Jeanne was such a calming presence the morning of and even offered to start styling hair when my hair stylist was having an emergency that morning (thankfully he arrived just in time). But that was so kind and generous of her and it really helped me stay calm that morning.

Jeanne does a fantastic job with makeup and helped me feel beautiful and relaxed on the day of my wedding. I would highly recommend her!!

Sent on 10/14/2018

Chelsea · Married on 09/07/2018

Oh my gosh. Jeanne was the absolute hero of my wedding. My mom was...acting out... a little bit in the beginning of the day and Jeanne took her and did her hair for free to calm her down and make her feel beautiful. It was probably the nicest gesture of the entire wedding. I also changed my hair style completely from the trial on the day of and she EXCEEDED my expectations and did it with a smile! All my bridesmaids were elated with their hair and my sister was so thrilled she can’t wait to use them for her future wedding! THANK YOU Jeanne!! Hope we meet again xoxo

Sent on 09/23/2018

Rachel · Married on 06/30/2018

Jeanne is an amazing artist and a wonderful person with whom to spend your wedding morning. Kind, calm, professional, and punctual, Jeanne made my mom, mother-in-law, six bridesmaids, and I totally beautiful with plenty of time to spare before the ceremony. And, I just received our wedding album from our photographer, and my hair and makeup photographed stunning throughout all hours of the night. I am already recommending Jeanne to anyone I meet getting married in the area!

Sent on 08/02/2018
  • Susan

Susan · Married on 06/23/2018

Jeanne provided hair and make-up services for my daughter's wedding and wedding reception at the Inn at Willow Grove this past weekend. Jeanne and her team did a fabulous job working with my daughter and her crew! My daughter was very specific that her make-up look natural and Jeanne worked with her to enhance her natural beauty. The bridesmaids also looked beautiful and I loved my mother-of-the-bride hair style and had many compliments! Jeanne was also fun and bubbly to work with and the girls loved her! Thank you Jeanne!!!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Kat · Married on 10/09/2017

Jeanne is amazing

Jeanne was fantastic to work with! I got compliments on my hair all night, and my makeup never budged. She made the morning of the wedding a lot of fun, and was great with scheduling the people who were getting hair and makeup done. She made the morning nice and relaxing, while also helping me choose details like hair pieces.

Sent on 05/06/2019

Sarah · Married on 09/03/2017

I was so nervous about hiring a hair/make up person for our wedding because I didn't know what I wanted, but knew I had to look good. I'm so glad I hired Jeanne. She and I talked out my hair and make up until she created a masterpiece I didn't even know I wanted. I have to say she truly listened to me and I was so pleased with the outcome. She made sure that I looked and felt beautiful and did the same for my mom and bridesmaids. I strongly recommend Jeanne.

Sent on 10/30/2017

Ellen · Married on 08/27/2017

From start to finish, Jeanne was fantastic. I had received her name on recommendation from a friend who had used her previously. She was so easy to communicate with, very responsive and was so flexible in scheduling my trial. She even proactively offered to reschedule since it was supposed to pour that day and she didn't want me to drive in bad weather! The trial was great; it felt very collaborative as we worked through some adjustments as we went. She took lots of notes and photos for us both to refer to afterwards and on the wedding day. Jeanne put together a great day-of schedule and coordinated with my Day of Coordinator to make sure timing worked out well. Jeanne and her assistant were already set up when all of the ladies showed up in the morning to get ready and they worked quickly to make us all beautiful! They were both so easy to talk to, fun and made us all look and feel great. I'd highly recommend Jeanne and her team to anyone!! Definitely one of the best vendors we worked with.

Sent on 01/01/2018

Kelsey · Married on 05/28/2016

I cannot say enough good things about my experience with Jeanne! She was always incredibly responsive to my emails (both from the initial inquiry, to my indecisive notes debating hair choices); she was extremely conscientious planning the timeline for my bridesmaids and mom; and she did a phenomenal job on all the hair and makeup for my bridal party (even when they changed their minds multiple times about their looks). We all looked fresh and natural, just as we'd hoped, for the wedding. Highly recommend Jeanne!!!

Sent on 07/01/2016

Lauren · Married on 12/12/2015

Jeanne was THE BEST. I absolutely could not have been happier with the services Jeanne provided for my wedding, doing hair and make-up for my bridesmaids and me. She was so much fun to work with, incredibly flexible and really listened to each of us in what we wanted. I would recommend her 100% to anyone and everyone for all-things beauty related. You can tell that Jeanne loves what she does, is a qualified professional in the services she delivers, and really cares that her clients are happy.

Sent on 01/01/2016

Lauren · Married on 05/22/2015

Jeanne and Marcy did an AMAZING job! Jeanne did my hair and makeup for our engagement pictures and on our wedding day - and I couldn't be happier with the results of both. Jeanne was very flexible when I decided to go with a completely different look on the day of the wedding. I was confident Jeanne could pull off the look I wanted even though she hadn't done this look in the trial. And I was right! I've received SO many compliments (as did the moms and bridesmaids).

I was especially happy with how smoothly everything went on the day of the wedding. Jeanne and Marcy showed up right on time and stayed on schedule all day. Additionally, Jeanne was kind enough to waive our set-up fee when we had to move from the hotel (where the bridesmaids got ready) to the venue (where the moms and I got ready); AND Marcy was so sweet to drive some of the girls since we couldn't all fit in one car :)

I highly recommend Jeanne and her team!!

Sent on 06/04/2015

Chris · Married on 04/25/2015

Jeanne is wonderful. The bride had a pretrial and it gave her a chance to understand what hairstyle she wanted for the special day. Coming from out of town it is difficult to work with a hairdresser you do not know. There is a very special trust that is involved. Jeanne quickly gave us all the confidence we needed to sit back and let her do her magic. She listen and showed us what she was doing every step of the way. She and her team came to the venue which gave us a beautiful setting for those "getting ready" shots. Our hair and makeup remained flawless all day and evening. All the bridesmaids, MOB and the bride herself were so happy with their make up and dos.
    I would recommend Jeanne not only for her skill but also for her wonderful personality and ability to make everyone relax and get ready. She had us all done on time no problem.

Sent on 05/07/2015

Rosanne · Married on 11/09/2014

Jeanne was an absolute gem to work with. She did the hair and makeup for me, my mother, and my 8 bridesmaids. She also gave me a complimentary second trial run when my hair fell beneath the humidity of a hot May day. She's very personable and very responsive to your requests. She also has the patience of a saint for a very twitchy bride! I would highly recommend her to anyone. All of my bridesmaids hair looked amazing and their makeup was flawless!

Sent on 11/12/2014

Katie · Married on 10/26/2014

Jeanne really listened and did my makeup exactly how I hoped for my wedding day. I don't wear a lot of makeup normally, so it was important to me that it looked and felt natural. All my bridesmaids were also really happy with their makeup.

Sent on 12/22/2014
  • WWJamie

jamie · Married on 10/18/2014

Jeanne is incredible – not only is she a super talented hair and makeup artist, but she couldn't be more sweet! Her warm personality just exudes kindness, and I called my mom gushing about Jeanne after my trial. The first thing she did when I met her was give me a huge hug and tell me I was beautiful. I mean, who doesn't want to hear that?? And she was so sincere throughout the trial; becoming more and more excited as she created the look that I desired. I arrived to the trial armed with images of my ideal look, and Jeanne truly listened to me and made sure that she understood my concept. The end result was exactly what I had pictured. I must admit I was a bit nervous prior to the trial but I left knowing that Jeanne was the perfect person to make me feel my absolute best on my wedding day.

On the actual wedding day, Jeanne and her assistant did an incredible job styling me and my five bridesmaids. I have never felt so beautiful in my life, and my bridesmaids looked absolutely amazing. I mean, they're always beautiful, but Jeanne's talent just enhanced everyone's natural beauty and they looked drop-dead gorgeous. One of my bridesmaids, who also happens to be a new mom, emailed me this comment while I was on my honeymoon: "Ps- your hair and make up team were so fabulous! It's been so long since I've felt pretty!"

I couldn't have asked for a more talented hair and makeup artist, and I am thrilled to have worked with Jeanne.

Sent on 11/14/2014

Jill · Married on 10/11/2014

Jeanne is just simply the best. She was the make-up artist for my wedding & did the make up & hair for me, my mom & my bridal party. From the minute I met her, she listened to my requests in terms of style & look & executed it better than I could have imagined. Not only is she so talented at her job, she's also just a really lovely person. Thank you so much, Jeanne!

Sent on 10/20/2014

Jeanne was an absolute pleasure to work with, from the first email, to the trial session, to the wedding day make-up. Her make-up was exactly what I was looking for but still looked natural. I would recommend her to anyone!!

Sent on 06/05/2014
  • Colin

Colin · Married on 10/13/2013

I cannot recommend Jeanne highly enough. I used her services for both my engagement photo shoot and my big day. She was a true professional throughout the entire process – on time, friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating. For the wedding, she arrived at the B&B I was staying at early in order to set up and start the appointments promptly (she completed 7 gorgeous looks that day). My bridesmaids and I received tons of compliments and it was definitely money well spent!

Sent on 10/28/2013