Jay Peak Resort Reviews

Jay Peak Resort 5
  • michelle

michelle · Married on 10/12/2019

Amazing Wedding Venue

Our wedding was everything we could have imagine and more! Our wedding coordinators Aimmi & Meg were so helpful along the way; eager to get on phone calls, make changes, recommendations, suggestions, basically anything and everything they could do to make our dream wedding come true. The days before the wedding, Aimmi made sure she was available for any questions/concerns/etc. On the actual wedding day Aimmi made sure everything went smoothly....They were just phenomenal!!!! The food all weekend was delicious (rehearsal dinner, reception, morning after breakfast). Guests loved that there were shuttles all around the resort...no driving! The rooms were amazing, great views. Golf course 10/10. It was the perfect wedding at the perfect venue...Thanks Jay Peak!!

Sent on 11/07/2019

Jay Peak Resort's reply:

Thanks so much Michelle! It was so great working with you! From our initial tour to the morning after your big day, you were both great to work and plan with. Best wishes to you and your friend and family!
    All the best,
    Meg, Aimmi and the JPR team!
  • Morgan

Morgan Biasini · Married on 07/20/2019

Stress Free!

The staff at the resort was so helpful on our wedding day and the days leading up to it. Everything was just as we imagined it to be! The food was phenomenal too!

Sent on 09/18/2019

Morgan,
    It was great working with you and Schuyler and your families! Cheers to a beautiful life together!
    Meg, Ally and the JPR team!
  • W

Wesley · Married on 07/20/2018

This could have been a trouble of woe: over the course of the year, I worked with four different wedding coordinators, but I am pleased to report that my day was nearly perfect. Every time we changed coordinators, there were minor hiccups, but nothing that could not easily be overcome. Jay Peak is the perfect setting. The Garden Valley Pond could not be more beautiful of a venue (even the Barn is a nice rain venue). Originally, we were scheduled to be in Howie's restaurant for our reception. Twenty-three days out, our coordinators called and suggested we move to the tent due to a number of young people staying in the hotel that might be disruptive to our event. This could have been a disaster, but it turned out to be exactly the right call. They went above and beyond to make the new venue perfect. The tent was gorgeous, and I highly recommend it. Even with only 28 guests, we made the place look full and exciting. It turned out to be way better than Howie's could have ever been. The food was incredible. It was so much better than normal catering. The presentation was excellent. The staff, though, make this venue top notch. They dealt with my insane attention to detail, and they met my expectations nearly every time. You cannot beat having photos done on top of the mountain. It is a stunning setting. This turned out to be a great venue for a gay wedding. I don't think our weekend (we did our welcome bbq and the post-wedding brunch there, too) could have been more perfect. If you want a beautiful setting, tons of things for your guests to do, amazing food, and people who genuinely care about helping your dreams come true, then Jay Peak is the perfect place for you. It certainly was for us.

Jay Peak Resort 6
    Jay Peak Resort 14
    Jay Peak Resort 15
    Sent on 08/12/2018

Jay Peak Resort's reply:

Wesley and Cody, you were both such a joy to work with.
    Thank you for choosing Jay Peak as your venue and sharing your big day with us!

Sarah · Married on 08/26/2017

We were married at Jay Peak August 26, 2017 and it was the best wedding decision we made. Jay Peak and its staff worked with me every step of the way to make sure I had the wedding of my dreams. They worked with me every time I wanted to make changes, worked well with my other vendors and were even willing to make sure that our fireworks went off perfectly! I would recommend them to anyone wanting to have the wedding of their dreams!

Sent on 09/21/2017

Aly · Married on 07/07/2017

My husband and I wanted to have our reception at a venue where our guests could stay and not worry about driving home. Jay Peak was absolutely perfect with a variety of rooms/prices for our guests, multiple reception venues, delicious food and best of all our contract included an experienced wedding coordinator. Our wedding coordinator, Amanda, was such a dream to work with. She was our go-to person for everything we needed and any questions we had along the way while planning our wedding. On the day of our wedding, the bridal party got ready in the bridal suite, while the groom and groomsmen got ready at one of the condos. The wedding party took the tram to the top of Jay for our first look, photos and a champagne toast before the ceremony. We had cocktail hour at the Tower Bar, after the ceremony (which was off site) and our reception was in the International Room. Our wedding was a dream, everything flowed smoothly and I highly recommend Jay Peak!

Jay Peak Resort 16
    Jay Peak Resort 17
    Sent on 11/10/2017
  • soontobewed2016

Janelle · Married on 08/05/2016

I would recommend Jay Peak Resort to anyone in the northern Vermont area looking for a wedding venue. All of the staff were amazing to work with and very accomadating but my day wouldn't have been complete without both Heather and Jennifer. From the very first meeting with Heather a year and 1/2 ago she made my husband and I feel certain of our choice to book with Jay Peak. She was there every step of the way and helped with any part of the wedding planning process, making recommendations to giving advice when we were clueless! We met Jennifer at our second to last meeting at Jay Peak and she was amazing. We had our rehearsal dinner in Newport and while it was very good If I did it again I would have done it there, not only for just convenience but because they are so friendly and accommodating I have no doubt it would have been great. On our wedding day both Heather and Jennifer made sure that everything was on schedule and helped tremendously. I am so thankful for both of these ladies and to all the staff at Jay Peak for making our wedding amazing!

Sent on 08/14/2016

Shannon · Married on 09/26/2015

We had a beautiful wedding at Jay Peak Resort. Heather and Grace both were fantastic and very organized. They made planning a destination wedding a breeze for my husband and me. We were able to plan our whole wedding with only 2 visits (which was wonderful for us because we live 5 hours away). Our Rehearsal dinner at Alice's Table was wonderful and fit the mood we were looking for at a great price. Due to their tram breaking just days before our wedding, our ceremony location had to be changed from one beautiful spot on their property to another. Heather was calm and professional during this last minute change of plans. She found a quick and fantastic solution, made everyone happy and our ceremony was even more beautiful than we thought it would be. We never had to worry about a thing. Our reception was in the international room. The food was hot, delicious and on time. I still get compliments about how wonderful the whole event was. A lot of our family stayed at hotels on site. Everyone loved their rooms and the waterpark. The transportation that was provided to our guests was always on time and every single person in that venue was so so so very friendly. We can't wait to go back and visit.

Sent on 01/25/2016

Crystal · Married on 09/05/2015

I got married at Jay Peak Resort last weekend, and all of my guests had an absolute BLAST and so did I. Every single detail went off without a hitch, which I believe is due to the amazing wedding coordinators we had, Heather Jerrett and Aimmi Matthews. We picked Jay Peak as our location because it had everything included in one package, except the flowers. We also ended up with a cake from an outside vendor, because their pastry chef(?) left or something and it was a little confusing. They waived their outside-food-vendor fee because of this, and we ended up with an incredibly delicious ice cream cake from Ben & Jerry's and couldn't have been happier for it.

My husband and I planned the wedding from California so it was really important to us to have a coordinator we could trust-- and we got TWO! Both Heather & Aimmi were incredibly accommodating with anything and everything we threw at them. My fiance surprised me with a Horse & Carriage, which apparently had involved Aimmi setting up elaborate schemes to send me fake itineraries and who knows what other efforts to keep everything secret from me, which is not even remotely in her job description. The entire staff at Jay Peak was astonishingly helpful, from valets to waiters, bar managers to tram operators. Everyone went above and beyond, even when they didn't know I was a bride. An hour after we checked in we got a call to our room asking if everything was ok, and the room service ladies would check in with us when ever we passed them. Who does that?? I was really impressed at how hard all the employees of JP work, and they seem legitimately excited to be helpful. My husband and I couldn't have been happier with how things turned out. My guests are still talking about how blown away they were by the entire experience and many want to go back just to vacation. Standing ovation from us.

Sent on 09/11/2015

Liz and Jeff · Married on 05/03/2014

We just got married at Jay Peak and I can't say enough good things about it. Heather is amazing! She is super organized, thankfully since we aren't and made everything flow seamlessly. We are so thankful for her.

We rode the Tram to the top and had pictures taken. Our ceremony and reception for 50 guests were at Alice's Table. From set up to the fire pits outside, everything was thought of.
    I would recommend this place with no reservations!

Sent on 05/05/2014

michael · Married on 12/07/2013

My wife and went to Jay for years before we decided to have our wedding there. We did not have our ceremony there although after seeing their new chapel that was built we might have if we knew it would have been done in time. We loved every minute of our weekend wedding. It was so much fun to have all of our family and friends together for a weekend instead of one day. We spent time during the day with family at all the restaurants and water park and snowboarding and than hit all the bars at night with our friends. Working with the wedding coordinators 300 miles away was very easy. We did make one trip up before the wedding for the food tasting and to look at our reception hall. The food was very good and every one got what they wanted. no mix ups. The wedding coordinator took care of everything the day of the wedding like getting the band set up, when people are doing the toast, she did not have to bother us once on our special day which we were very happy about.

Sent on 01/05/2014

Jordan · Married on 11/23/2013

Jay Peak Resort was the PERFECT venue for us! The staff was amazing and accommodating, we couldn't be happier with the spaces we had for ceremony and reception. Beautiful venue!!!

The food was DELICIOUS! Since I live in NC, my parents did the tasting for me prior to the wedding, but oh my goodness was I impressed with dinner! I've been to many events with plated meals, and this dinner was SO GOOD!

Sent on 12/04/2013

Patti · Married on 07/06/2013

Jay Peak Resort was an amazing venue for my daughter's wedding. She was married July 6, 2013. Everything was perfect from beginning to end. The wedding planner did an amazing job making sure that everything was just right. The ballroom was able to seat the large number of guest very comfortably. We were so pleased with the food choices and the buffet was set up so that people did not have to wait long to get through the line. It was also so nice for the guests to have the choice to stay over. Jay Peak offers so many different options for lodging and a big plus, an inside water park, golf and ice skating arena. I can't imagine any other venue for a wedding.. It was perfect!!

Sent on 09/26/2013

Mary · Married on 09/10/2011

Jay Peak Resort was the perfect location for our wedding ceremony and reception. The accommodations, views, decor and staff were amazing! The wedding coordinator, Cheryl, was very friendly and always available when I needed her. She helped with every step of the planning and made sure our day was everything I ever dreamed of.

Sent on 10/30/2014

Eric · Married on 08/06/2016

Heather and Aimmi made our big day and long weekend complete! They made sure every detail was taken care of and they answered every question I had (which was a lot). We had our wedding ceremony at the tent and the reception at the barn. The timing, meal and details were all exceptional. In the 1.5 years of planning I never had trouble with communication with them. They were always very responsive and accomodating. We did our first look photos at the top of the mountain and we had brunch the next day at Alice's Table. Both were excellent. The shuttle service was always quick and easy to use. The watermark and hiking trails were an added bonus. We stayed at the Timberland condos and found them to be the perfect place to get ready. In a 2 bedroom we comfortably fit 4 bridesmaids, a bride, 2 mothers, 3 stylists and 2 family members while getting ready in the morning. We could easily have lots of people around to hang out and use the rooms for partying throughout the weekend. Heather worked with me to reserved two big condo building with all the units in it so that it would just be our wedding party guests. This made our weekend. Everyone was right next to each other and it was so much fun to bounce back and forth between rooms all weekend. We also had other guests stay at Hotel Jay and they were very pleased. After all said and done there is nothing that we were disappointed in. Very please and our guests said the same.

Sent on 08/14/2016

We had the ceremony, reception and brunch at Jay Peak Resort. Everything was perfect! Heather is amazing to work with; she is super organized (and it shows!!) and pulls everything together just as I had hoped.

Sent on 10/10/2013

Siobhan · Married on 07/02/2011

Jay was the perfect place to hold our wedding. It was so beautiful. We were working on a smaller budget by todays standards and Jay was able to help us pull it off. All the guests were amazed at how beautiful our wedding and ceremony was. The food was amazing! They were so flexible with everything, they really helped me have my dream wedding!

Sent on 07/16/2011

Alex · Married on 05/26/2018

We are extremely happy with our decision to have our May wedding at Jay. While there were definitely some bumps in the road, with the help of our amazing wedding coordinator Jason, our day was perfect. While Jay is a bit isolated and a pain to get to, our guests loved the resort.

PROS:
    -Jay is a gorgeous venue. From the wedding barn to the Clubhouse Tent (where we had our reception), everything was lovely. Highlights include the tram ride!
    -Our amazing coordinator Jason (who unfortunately is not longer at Jay) really made sure our day was spectacular and was present at all wedding events. He went above and beyond to make our day special.
    -We were able to personalize a lot of aspects of our wedding. For our rehearsal at the Clubhouse Grille we had a customized British themed menu. The chef did a brilliant job and all the Brits in our contingent were impressed.
    -The staff at the rehearsal dinner and reception were great.
    -Meal pricing is reasonable & the food was good. We were able to customize our menu from Jay’s different tiers.
    -The resort is great for those traveling from out of state. There are plenty of restaurants & numerous activities for guests.

CONS:
    -Our initial planning process and communication with Jay was a nightmare. The Jay's sales manager we worked with (who is no longer there) initially made us question whether Jay Peak was the right choice for our wedding.
    -Alcohol is extortionately expensive.
    -It was sometimes confusing trying to find correct pricing lists and information as Jay isn’t great at making sure prices and documents across their websites are all the same.
    -While there were a lot of rooming options, Jay’s room booking process was a headache. Their online booking system was extremely finicky.

Overall we have no regrets hosting our ceremony and reception at Jay as it provided a wonderful backdrop to our wedding and catered to our guests very well. Just be prepared for a few planning headaches.

Sent on 06/24/2018

jill · Married on 09/23/2017

3.5

The venue is beautiful and the prices for meals are not bad. It was a little far away for us (5 hours) but we decided to book it anyway because it was just so gorgeous.

Jay Peak Resort 18
    Sent on 10/03/2018

Jay Peak Resort's reply:

Thank you for the review Jill. We were so happy to help you host your wedding weekend!

Joanne · Married on 06/30/2012

Jay Peak Resort was a stunning location at a very affordable price! It was a fun weekend for my guests and wedding party. The service for my wedding reception was EXCEPTIONAL!! The only glitches were with the room reservations. The group booking is a nightmare and there were mix-ups with the rooms when we arrived. We got upgraded to a suite in the Hotle Jay, but with no full length mirror--as a bride, you need a full length mirror!! We made it work, and the day was wonderful.

Sent on 07/06/2012

3.6
      3.5

Rehearsal dinner was awful! Service was so slow and they didn't have enough food for my guests! Nail salon was way to small for a wedding party, and quality of the service was poor! The wedding day was perfect and was everything I dreamed of! The food was hot and everyone said it tasted great! Venue was beautiful! Grace was in charge and I didn't have to worry about anything! I was able to enjoy the day and have fun.

Sent on 10/27/2015

Jesse · Married on 08/20/2017

2.6
      0.5
      3.0

Jay Peak had a push to book as many weddings as possible. They typically have two to three weddings a day on Saturday and Sunday. While the wedding coordinators are very nice, they are overbooked, overworked, and understaffed. While the wedding ended up being a blast, it was stressful leading up to it as they were non responsive.

Leading up to the wedding, we were expecting to receive our banquet event order 60-days before our wedding ( as per the Jay Peak handout).We did not received this until a week before our wedding, which was a bit hectic for us to be dealing with this paper work just before the event. There were mistakes on almost EVERY PAGE of the banquet event order when we received it. Guests had been omitted from the roster, a catered event that we had the Friday before our wedding was incorrect with wrong number of guests and incorrect fees. There appeared to be several items that existed from prior weddings in our banquet event order. We had a short time frame to turn this around and were told that the next iteration would be final (without allowing time for us to check the details after revisions were made)

Despite our texting and planning with our coordinator, a shuttle was not waiting to take us from the tram to our reception. We had to go to the hotels front desk and ask for a shuttle. We were then directed to the "general public" shuttle area and had to wait. The tram operator should have been told to let the shuttle know what we were on our way down and to be waiting for us. As a result we ended up missing part of cocktail hour ( from a hospitality standpoint this is should not have happened).

Guests were supposed to have been met with wine at the arrival of cocktail hour.

Guest had issues getting in touch with baby sitters.

Sent on 09/18/2017
  • Paige

Paige · Married on 09/22/2018

2.2

A great day but 1.5 years of disappointmemt from this vendor

A gorgeous venue location and we ended up with a fantastic day! However dispite the scenery and the great accommodations of the resort I unfortunately have little good to say. The wedding "planners" at Jay were kind people but near impossible to get a hold of. I use the quotations because they should not be marketed as planners at all. This alone wasn't the biggest issue for me as I had planned on being my own wedding planner from the beginning however I was not expecting the staff at Jay to hold up my planning process. I found that on numerous ocassiona I was unable to get a hold of any one at Jay for WEEKS! I would send 2-3 emails with questions and get no response. These were for simple questions too - such as what are the dimentions of the rehersal space and what time can we start setting up etc. this extremely poor responsiveness made the process more difficult than it had to be.

Additioanlly durring our year long contract with Jay we had 4 separate weddinf planners on our case due to the high job turnover they have. This ment that we had to continually re-explain what our event was, what had already been planned and so on. This took so much time and was very fristraring especially since the new staff sometimes would even say things like "I don't think that will be possible any more".

All of this communication difficulty lead to us not seeing a final price summary and bill (which is say BY JAY to be completed and half sue at 60 days out and finalized with the remaining balance due at 14) until 4 days prior to our event!!! Naturally there were errors on this first draft and so changes were requested. This ment that THE MORNING OF OUR WEDDING the wedding planner poped up in the middle of make up to ask for me to review the final draft, sign papers and give her a credit card. So unprofessional and disruptive to the day!!! This was all on them for not having presented anything to us (despite numerous requests to review a bill) until such a late date.

Additionally we reserved the foundry bar for "late night" drinks and snacks from 10pm-2am - the reception venue has a struck 5 hour only time frame (with zero option to pay more to extend the hours). We showed up and we're told the chef had already left and there was NO FOOD AVAILABLE. This a part of the wedding plan since day one when we signed with Jay.

The take away is the venue is beautiful, we had an amazing wedding and all of our friends and family had a great time. But the process was made more WAY more difficult than it needed to be an ever changing, over whelmed, under trained staff who is in way over their heads.

Sent on 10/25/2018

Kristen · Married on 05/06/2017

0.5

This is our honest review in a nut shell:
    -The venue is gorgeous. The mountain is beautiful, there are plenty of very nice places to stay on resort and there is a shuttle to take you everywhere.
    -Our rehearsal dinner was at their Clubhouse Bar and Grill and the food was spectacular and the restaurant and staff were great!
    -Taiga spa does a wonderful job. The spa itself is fairly small but they are very nice and accommodating.
    -Our ceremony was in the barn and it is beautiful with amazing acoustics--I highly suggest having a live musician! We had a saxophonist and it really gave our ceremony a "wow" factor. Our reception was in the International Room which is beautifully rustic and charming when done up with wedding decor.
    -->Our issues:
    -There is a new wedding coordinator as of Nov/Dec 2016- her attitude and unprofessional manner day of was our biggest shock. Leading up to the wedding we had issues but she was new so we chocked it up to that. But day of she was rude and never smiled. Even our guests noticed. Issues were handled so unprofessionally. We felt like unwanted burdens.
    -Lodging. We fell just outside of their typical wedding season and at a time when the water park was closed. It took us from 12/2016-3/2017 to get the lodging prices sorted out and correct in their system. The reservations team was never once on the same page.
    -Our timeline. First we were told we couldn't make changes to the timeline they sent. Then they cc'ed myself and one of my vendors on an internal email where they were speaking rudely and inappropriately about us. When I brought this up the timeline was changed instantly but I never received an apology or acknowledgement of the mistake.
    -Their internal communication was a mess-- the bar gave out drinks that were supposed to be saved for myself and my bride's maids among other issues.
    -They ran out of mashed potatoes on our buffet before everyone got to have a first serving.
    Ultimately we were very disappointed!

Sent on 08/02/2017

Amanda · Married on 10/07/2017

1.6
      1.5
      1.5

Jay Peak is GORGEOUS and affordable (compared to other places in VT). Our day ended up being fine, but getting to the day was a nightmare.
    1. The reservations desk is constantly turning over. The newbies do not know what rooms are available and can be rude. I had MULTIPLE complaints from my guests that they had called multiple times and gotten different prices/answers. At one point, the hotel was "booked" and half of my guests didn't have a room. This ended up not being true but I had a weekend of panic. Super frustrating and panic inducing for a bride when this happens in July and your wedding is in October.
    2. Lots of turn over. The staff is overworked and under supported by Jay, which means they leave a lot. Which means you meet a wedding planner, and a few weeks-months later you have a new one.... which means you have to explain what you want all over again since they don't have your old paperwork from the last planner. Not their fault to be honest. There were 6 weddings the weekend of my wedding and only 2-3 planners to handle the load. Unrealistic and totally unfair.
    3. No one really knows whats going on. We sent MULTIPLE emails complied with information but due to the turn over, I just ended up doing more work. I thought having a wedding a Jay Peak would make my life easier, it did not.
    4. Poor customer service. I sent a very detailed email about my experience to the management at Jay Peak. I wasn't rude, but just explained that the wedding planning process was made more stressful due to a few instances. I wasn't expecting much. I literally got nothing except an apology from my wedding planner, who was ALREADY super stressed and overworked. She said she would comp the vendors meals, but I don't think she ever did. Whatever... BUT our guests got stuck on the Tram trying to get down to the reception. They got it started again, but I missed the cocktail hour. No one ever followed up or apologized.

Take note, good reviews are prior to 2016.

Sent on 02/16/2018