Jacqueline Mia Foster, Beach Plum Photography Reviews

View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner

Daniel M. Getting married on 12/03/2022

Excellent photographer

I hired Mia to take engagement photos. I interviewed 4 other photographers before getting on the phone with Mia. I liked her work, but chatting with her really confirmed that she was the right photographer for us. She had secret locations around Provincetown and Wellfleet, understood what I wanted and was really helpful thinking through the shoot. She was great during the photoshoot as well. I had actually planned the photoshoot secretly for the same day as the engagement. I proposed at sunrise that morning, and it was a long day with many conversations and excitement. So when my fiancée and I got to the photoshoot we were really excited, but also pretty worn out from an eventful day. Mia was great at giving direction, giving us ideas on how to pose and not have to think too much about it. She knows how to get great photos out of her subjects, which is the most important trait of a great photographer. The photos came out great, highly recommend Mia.

Jacqueline Mia Foster, Beach Plum Photography's reply:

I had a great time with you both! One of the best parts of my work is being invited to celebrate & capture love between two people, to share time with a couple honoring their love and commitment to that love & each other! It was pretty easy to see your love and thrill at becoming engaged & I hope you had as much fun as I did on our walk finding the prime places to mint memories and capture your supreme joy. Congratulations!
    Mary E. Married on 10/09/2021

A delightful partnership

Mia's work is outstanding - from group shots to intimate portraits - she captured all of the moments of the wedding in beautifully executed compositions. The love and joy really shine in each photo.
    She became an instant friend - enabling everyone to relax in front of the camera. And she provided sage advice on how to navigate the wedding proceedings - not to mention going above and beyond with last minute recommendations.
    She was a pleasure to work with - we are loving every single photo.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Catherine
    Catherine R. Married on 09/14/2021

Fabulous Experience

Mia was wonderful to work with. We had some questionable weather and some people in our party were struggling. Mia was so patient and enthusiastic no matter what was happening. I was actually worried we wouldn't get any usable pictures but she captures SO MANY special moments. I'm elated with the results and thankful we chose to work with her!
  • Lex
    Lex P. Married on 07/13/2021

Mia - simply fantastic !

Such a wonderful talent ! The final photo book was simply exquisite. Great sense of humor and so fun to collaborate with. Highly recommend !
    Megan Married on 07/03/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best wedding photographer ever!!

I can't recommend Mia enough - my husband and I are not planners and despite the semi last minute request, Mia found a way to accomodate our wedding. She was a joy to work with from the planning process through final images. She really takes the time to get to know the couple and what we were looking for and truly helped to make our wedding day special - with gorgeous photos to last us a lifetime!
    Caroline N. Married on 06/25/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Incredible Photographer, Must Book Mia!

Mia could not have been more perfect for our wedding and we are in love with every photo from our day. Her thoughtful and creative direction were crucial to us documenting our small beach wedding and she caught every moment. She is incredibly talented, I cannot speak more highly of her, look no further, she is fabulous!

Jacqueline Mia Foster, Beach Plum Photography's reply:

A few months later, but with all my thanks back at you! I want to tell you how lovely your wedding was and what a pleasure it was to capture it for you! I loved your simple elegant style and really couldn't stop smiling the whole time I was photographing! Much Joy to you both!
    Rebecca D. Married on 11/10/2020

Above and Beyond!

Professional, charismatic, and warm! We were so impressed and blown away by our amazing photographer and wedding photos. Mia has the rare ability to set everyone at ease, be present in the moment and let the images tell the story. We were so happy to share this special day with such a top notch person. The process was fun, easy and while the day went by in a whirlwind, we will forever have our memorable moments immortalized. I would not recommend anyone else for such an important day. The final product was prompt and of the highest quality! Mia is the BEST!

Jacqueline Mia Foster, Beach Plum Photography's reply:

Thank you SO much! I absolutely felt the honor was mine to be included in your gorgeous, magnetic day. You guys have a love that it is as rare as it is AWEsome to witness. I think you danced for 6 hours straight— without missing a beat. Your smiles, warmth, love, intensity is one I’ll always remember. It was a gift to be present at your wedding & to witness, capture and celebrate with you and everyone who loves you around the world, and close to home. Cheers to you both!
    Alexandra V. Married on 08/20/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Would work with again! Outstanding!

Mia was absolutely spectacular at capturing our wedding in the most professional and loving way. She was easy to communicate with, thoughtful, and felt like a part of our family by the end of our time together. I would highly recommend Mia. She really listened to what we wanted and got to know us throughout the whole process. I felt confident and comfortable that our photos would be exactly what I had dreamed of for our day. The natural approach that she takes helped to capture the stunning colors of our outdoor beach wedding. We couldn't be happier and hope to work with her again one day!

Jacqueline Mia Foster, Beach Plum Photography's reply:

Alex & Zach! I had so much fun on your wedding day! You two were beyond excited and filled to the brim with an infections energy & love- it was almost too easy to capture! Your backdrop could have been anywhere, although the beach was magnificent, you were in such a zone together that anyone witnessing your day felt immune from anything negative in the world- we all felt untouched even by the doom of the COVID year we were all in the middle of. Congratulations! Thank you for getting married. I have no doubt you will make the world a better place!
    Stephen B. Married on 07/24/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Excellent Experience and Photos!

Working with Mia was a great experience. She was thoughtful throughout the entire process and her ideas were especially helpful for us given that we had made a location, date, and guest change to accommodate the Covid19 situation. Her meetings with us before and thinking out how we wanted to do things really helped us to understand what our day would look like. On top of the excellent experience to work with her the pictures came out amazing. I was so excited to download them and can’t wait to print them out and share with our family.
    Melinda D. Married on 06/28/2020

Beyond my expectations

We had Mia photograph our Cape Cod wedding in June of 2020, and her work was absolutely beautiful and exceeded our expectations. I felt so comfortable with all our phone conversations leading up to our big day. When we met in person, I really felt like I was seeing an old friend for the first time in a long time. Mia really understood what we wanted and captured everything perfectly! I am so happy I chose her for this special occasion. Her work is amazing and beautiful!!
    Grace Married on 08/18/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Stunning wedding photos that don't look like everyone elses

Mia was absolutely fantastic from start to finish. I interviewed multiple photographers and loved her from the first conversation.

She spent a great deal of time planning with us over the phone before we arrived at the cape so that she understood exactly the timing, the plan, the scene, the feeling of our wedding day.

She is a true journalistic, story-telling, photographer, so it was very important to her to know the background, the people, and our narrative.

She worked tirelessly; she never stopped shooting and editing, until she had that perfect shot. Our wedding was intimate, with only 19 people.

Mia completely understood our vision and worked with us to keep that feeling, both in the moment, as a professional, and to represent it, in our photographs. Mia never gives up.

She'll work until you are perfectly satisfied. She is a truly lovely person to partner with. We felt very connected to her and happy to have such a joyful presence at our celebration.

And after all that? Her work is stunning.
    Michael M. Married on 07/26/2018

Exceptional

From start to finish, working with Jacqueline (Mia) was a pleasure. We still marvel at the beauty of the images she created.

She provided her photographic expertise, but she also helped to create the wedding. She used her knowledge of Cape Cod, and gave us several possible locations for the ceremony, including the one we ultimately used, Lieutenant Island, Wellfleet.

I recommend her wholeheartedly.
    Catherine Married on 06/09/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

I got the story that I wanted!

I really wanted more than just beautiful pictures. I wanted a story! I wanted my love story captured in photos...I wanted emotion, soft lighting, candid moments, connectivity with my guests, and of course alll the details! Mia gave me all of this and more. She even had helpful suggestions which I am so glad I followed. I’m very shy and Mia helped me feel so comfortable in front of her camera.
    I would readily suggest her services to anyone wanting to preserve their special moments, too!
    Ed Napolski Married on 06/09/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Mia's favorite saying - "oh, the light, just one more".

Mia is not just a wedding photographer, she is an artist that uses digital media as her canvas, your desires as her inspiration coupled with the colors of the world around us. She not only captures moments and portraits but she captures the story of your love.
    Mia will never say "ok, we're done" instead she'll say "wait, just one more", "oh, the light, just one more". Mia's "just one more" has given us the most beautiful wedding pictures telling our story! I suggest you have Mia tell yours. - Ed & Cathy

Jacqueline Mia Foster, Beach Plum Photography's reply:

You two are the best!! It was a ton of fun to work with you both and to capture your intense joy! To be photographing a couple like you was an honor.