JaCiva's Bakery Reviews

JaCiva's Bakery 3
JaCiva's Bakery 4
  • Julie

Julie · Married on 07/30/2015

We chose JaCiva's to make our wedding cake based on their reputation and our cake-tasting experience. They are well known in Portland as being one of the best for wedding cakes, so we knew that our cake would be wonderful. We came to our tasting with an inspiration picture that showed a larger cake than we needed. Madison was great about using the photo as a starting point to create a smaller cake for us that was similar to the one in the photo. For our two layers we chose poppyseed cake with vanilla cream and raspberry filling, and fudge cake with Bavarian cream filling. Both flavors were delicious, but in the end the layer that stood out was the poppyseed. It was out of this world, and our wedding guests raved about it! JaCiva's delivered our cake to the venue in Camas, and it arrived on time and in perfect condition. I do think their cakes are a little too high in price, but we were willing to spend a bit more for the peace of mind in knowing that our wedding cake would be perfect.

Sent on 08/16/2015

Marianne · Married on 01/18/2015

My fiance and I didn't have a lot of time to shop around for wedding vendors, so JaCiva's was the only bakery we cake-tasted. With that said, if we didn't enjoy the cake, and/or had bad customer service, we would have moved on to other options. Even though there were only 9 basic cake flavors to choose (and 3 of them were chocolate--light, dark & red velvet), there was a long list of filling choices. When we first went in for a consultation, my fiance and I had one design idea in mind. On the way home, my fiance suggested a completely different idea, which we both loved. My fiance created a few simple drawings/sketches for me to take to the bakery before the deadline, and JaCiva's really did a fantastic job. The pricing was higher than I was expecting, but we didn't shop around, so I'm not sure how they compare to other bakeries. However, the cake was definitely delicious. We ended up getting a larger cake than we needed for the number of guests we had, since we wanted a variety of flavors. One really nice thing that JaCiva's does, is give you a certificate for a free (small) cake for your one-year anniversary, provided you return the cake boards/stands used for your wedding cake. This way, you're not eating a year-old cake for your anniversary!

Sent on 03/07/2015

Sarah · Married on 05/25/2014

The cake was DELICIOUS & BEAUTIFUL!

Only odd thing was the girl who did our consult showed up hung over and late BUT the cake was so good, I didn't even mind.

Sent on 06/01/2014

Mary · Married on 11/29/2008

This vendor was very gracious to book us one month before our wedding day. They also changed the color of the frosting to match the theme and adding extra decorations to make it stand out more. One other amazing thing they did was deliver our cake since we were only getting married five minutes from the bakery shop, even though they do not provide deliveries.

Sent on 04/27/2009

Rhonda · Married on 07/14/2007

JaCiva's provided us with great service and a wonderful cake. Not only is the cake beautiful but it tastes great! You can even choose from a variety of fillings and cake types. Highly reccomended!

Sent on 06/03/2008

Corin · Married on 05/01/2005

Our cake was several hours late for unknown reasons, but without even complaining they were nice enough to refund us most of the price of our wedding cake and grooms cake. The flavors were delicious, we had poppy seed with raspberry filliing and yellow cake with fudge filling. And the bonus is that you get a free first year anniversary cake so you don't have to freeze your wedding cake top for a year!

Sent on 06/01/2010

Holly · Married on 04/29/2017

Cake was apparently delicious. Our guests ate 3 and 4 pieces! We, the happy couple, had none left to try other than the bite we shared of the lemon during the cake cutting. Lemon cake was delightful- moist, airy and perfectly sweet. They delivered on time and the cake looked as we had requested- modest and relatively simple. Will use them again indeed. Delicious baked goods every time.

Sent on 06/21/2017

Shannon · Married on 09/06/2015

3.0

Ordered two large sheet cakes as my wedding cake and had beautiful chocolate flowers on top. Guests loved this case. I wish the prices were a little lower for sheet cakes but guest being happy with the cake was worth it. We ordered three seventh heaven sheet cakes ! It was very family friend !!! I brought my calculator in and was looking for the best prices and staff was very friendly and showed me the easiest way for cutting the cake would be to get sheet cakes. ( Don't be afraid to ask for a discount if you are ordering multiple small cakes ) .

Sent on 10/22/2015

Brian · Married on 11/01/2014

Wonderful cake. The frosting was to die for.

Sent on 12/22/2014

Samantha · Married on 09/12/2015

Jacivas cake is amazing - the cake was a hit at our wedding! They were responsive to calls. The only issue we had is that they didnt give us a call to notify us when our final payment was due (which is something all our other vendors provided).
    Other then that they made a perfect cake. It was exactly what we wanted. Also love the fact that if you return the cake forms you get a certificate for a free anniversary tort cake.

Sent on 10/02/2015

Kelsey · Married on 01/19/2019

3.5

Jaciva was wonderful to work with for our wedding day cake! My husband's family loves Jaciva and uses them for many birthdays, graduations, etc so it was never a question whether or not we would use them for our wedding day. They provided us with a great cake tasting and were able to do 7th heaven cake as one of the flavors even though it's not a traditional wedding cake flavor. The cake looked exactly as we wanted and had the perfect amount for our guests :)

Sent on 08/21/2016
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 10/07/2018

Great flavor

We received a lot of compliments on the taste of our cake. The cake did taste amazing. I was a little disappointed in the décor of our main wedding cake. We had a very simple design. I asked for burgundy flowers. They turned out brown and looked horrible in photos. They photographer couldn't even edit most of the photos to look more than half way decent due to the lighting. I would be cautious of the colors you choose or be very specific. The groom's cake design turned out amazing. At least it all tasted good, so I'm not completely disappointed.

JaCiva's Bakery 5
    JaCiva's Bakery 6
    Sent on 01/06/2019

Eleni · Married on 12/13/2014

The most beautiful custom wedding cake ever! Very expensive, but it was the statement piece we were looking for and it was DELICIOUS! The coordinator we originally set everything up with left the company before the event, so I never felt like I reconnected with someone, but everything went smoothly on the event day. I also have not received my certificate for the anniversary cake, but I'm hopeful.

Sent on 03/01/2015

Lindsay · Married on 11/12/2011

We had a slight issue with the frosting of the cake. I'd picked three different designs and only two made it onto the cake. Luckily one of my bridesmaids caught this when she went to pick it up and they fixed it as quickly as possible. Thank you!

Sent on 05/30/2012

Alyssa · Married on 08/02/2014

3.5

The cake was amazing! Very good and looked beautiful. Also, if you wash and bring them the cake plates back they will give you a free cake for your one year anniversary! (not old frozen cake!) Overall very happy with the cake.

Sent on 10/01/2014

Gracie · Married on 09/19/2010

3.5

JaCiva's made a beautiful cake for me at very reasonable prices. The cake was delivered on time and in mint condition!

Sent on 10/12/2010

3.0

My cake from Jaciva's turned out beautiful. Picking flavors was challenging because several were so tasty! We went into the store to try flavors and I felt a little talked down to. In fact, the woman shot down one of my cake ideas because she didn't think it would look good. She is the expert and was probably spot on with her recommendation, but I think it could have been handled more tactfully. We went with Jaciva's because they were available, their cakes are delicious AND most importantly, they don't use fondant so you can eat the entire piece of cake without peeling off the top layer! Unfortunately for us, we purchased sheet cakes from a less expensive vendor and our venue chose to serve those first instead of our actual wedding cake. I haven't talked to a single guest that actually got to try Jaciva's cake! Perhaps I should take to the wait staff since so one can account for the disappearing cake, cake topper and platform. Make sure your guests get to EAT this cake. It really is delicious.

Sent on 11/08/2013
  • Liz

Liz · Married on 03/19/2011

4.2

We went in for our tasting and the consultant was great and actually engaged herself and gave us great tips and let us try ALL the flavors. The cake was a little over our budget but it came out AMAZING!!! We actually had servings for more than our total number of guests (even though the suggestion is for less) and almost all of cake was GONE they said! We had pink champagne, german chocolate, banana and then carrot cake. They were ALL amazing! So many compliments and it was so nice with no fondant yet it was still gorgeous!!! It fit perfectly with the rest of our decor you would think it was all done together.

Sent on 04/05/2011

Mindy · Married on 06/02/2001

3.5

I Love their cakes!!!! They also have mint flavored chocolates that they can tint to your wedding colors...yummy! They provided us with a free cake for our 1st wedding anniversary which was awesome

Sent on 05/31/2008

Angela · Married on 10/19/2013

3.8
      3.5

Our cake was perfect and reflected our unique tastes; we opted for a 3-tier (rectangular layer) cake with chocolate; pink champagne; and lemon for the flavors. The coordinator was able to help us select a design that represented a true and fair compromise between me and my fiance's tastes (me, modern; he, traditional).

The cake was magical, if not whimsical.

When you return the pillars for the cake, they give you a certificate that, on your year anniversary, you can use to get a single layer to celebrate.

Sent on 10/22/2013

Kelly · Married on 01/19/2008

2.8
      1.5

I loved my cake in the end, but they were having so many problems. The wedding coordinator left shortly after I had ordered my cake. They misplaced our credit card number for the deposit, They lost our order, and the day before my wedding called because they were not sure what I wanted.

Sent on 05/24/2008

J · Married on 06/06/2010

2.5
      2.0

not so great. dry samples. didn't choose them.

Sent on 03/27/2010
  • Mrs.Jeppesenforeternity

Amy · Married on 08/11/2017

1.8
      1.5
      2.5
      1.0

I've always had a dream for Jaciva's to make my wedding cake. Well when my time finally came to get married, I became quickly disappointed at the first talk I had with a gal that worked as one of the wedding coordinators at this bakery. My mom and I came in today to just see their wedding cake book, as we did not have an appointment. We just wanted an initial look to see what they can design than to make a big deal in booking an appointment (as some have costs on that and why lose money when you only want to see what they first offer?). Well when we asked to see the book, the girl was pretty annoyed as the first thing she mentioned was about booking an appointment. We told her we had no desire for a tasting or to talk with her a lot as we mentioned AGAIN about just looking at what they did in past wedding cakes they have created. Not sure why she got annoyed as there were no customers they were handling and they had 2 other girls in the front working with her. Well, she finally led us into a room and let us look at the book of their past creations with a brochure of what they offered. We got to spend a good 15 minutes looking with still NO CUSTOMERS in their bakery. Not once did she come check on us and when we got some pastries to go (as I love to do when I'm in that area), she didn't even ask if we liked what we saw. When my mom asked her about their delivery, she gave a general answer without asking us about my plans which I did already have a venue selected. She gave a very snobby statement to us saying we better book quick or we won't get a spot for them to make my cake. WOW! I was shocked at her very tactless statement. Shouldn't the tables be turned the other way, with them seeking our business instead of us begging for their assistance as she seemed to put it?My choice in this is pretty clear: Jaciva's will NOT make my wedding cake. By the end of today, I already found another bakery who was THRILLED for me to choose them and willing to meet my needs.

Sent on 04/04/2017

Chelsey · Married on 01/09/2016

1.2
      0.5

The customer service with them is terrible.
    You meet with someone, they tell you something. Later you'll call and speak to a women who is terribly rude she blatantly tell you they lied then offer no apology, remorse, or care about it.
    For the price, go elsewhere

Sent on 01/12/2017