JA Special Events Reviews

22 | Broomfield, CO

22 Reviews for JA Special Events

Todd · Married on 04/06/2019

The best planner available!

If I could give 6/5 stars, I would. My wife and I were recently lucky enough to find Jessica and without a doubt had it not been for Jessica our wedding day wouldn’t have been what it was. My wife and I truly can’t say enough positive things about her professionalism, her dedication to helping us get the best prices for things, setting our wedding site up specifically how we asked; she even worked with me on connecting my bride with her brother on our wedding day who was half way across the globe so that they could see each other before our ceremony. If you are looking for someone who is affordable, extremely professional, thorough, honest and genuinely cares, she is your person.

Sent on 04/17/2019
  • Chancey and Joleah

Chancey · Married on 10/28/2018

Magic Maker

As soon as I was engaged, I immediately reached out to try to secure Jessica Adler for my wedding as I knew that she would have limited availability. I have had the pleasure of working with her in the past as an event professional and knew that I wanted to work with her for my wedding. Luckily, I was able to secure working with her! Jessica is truly amazing and made the entire process fun and exciting! Although I work in the industry, her experience, vendor relationships, and advice is priceless! She is detail oriented and super organized, helping to minimize any stress that planning can bring. Family and friends were impressed with the organization of the wedding weekend and loved meeting her as well! She has a wonderful personality and can work with varied groups of people effortlessly. Thanks to Jessica, we were able to have our dream wedding! We genuinely loved working with Jessica and would recommend her and her team to anyone!

Sent on 12/03/2018

Pilar · Married on 02/24/2018

Jessica is the best thing that could’ve happened to us! She’s easygoing, organized, efficient, punctual, and a blast to work with! She knows exactly how to bring your vision to life, and she’s also realistic and honest. I’ve never really planned anything before and Jessica was always happy to answer my questions. She also had the best recommendations for photographer, DJ, and florist. My fiancé (now husband) and I felt we would never find any vendor because the market is so saturated and we also couldn’t figure out how exactly to stay within our budget. We were immediately relieved when we first met Jessica because we knew she was our answer and superhero! I’d call her up again for any future soirées! She’s the best and made sure our wedding day was perfect!!!! P.S. she really saved the day when someone dumped red wine on my wedding dress!!!! That stain is gone!

Sent on 03/08/2018

I do not have anything but positive things to say about Stacy and Jessica from JA Special Events. They went above and beyond to make our wedding weekend very special. For an entire year they answered many questions and helped find vendors and keep costs down as much as possible. Our wedding would not have been the same without them. I am forever grateful for all their help.

Sent on 03/07/2016

Tracy · Married on 02/27/2016

Jessica was amazing to work with throughout the wedding planning process and on the day of the wedding. She was an advocate for us whenever we needed one and was able to help us put together the perfect wedding within our budget. Jessica helped offer suggestions when needed, kept our wedding planning timeline run on time, and made the wedding planning seem easy. On the day of the wedding she kept everything running smoothly and allowed me to enjoy the day without having to worry about anything. I cannot say enough about how great she was to work with and I would definitely recommend her.

Sent on 03/05/2016

Jessica at JA Special Events is awesome! She is like a maestro conducting a symphony orchestra, and you just need to sit back and enjoy the music. Jessica helped us plan my daughter's wedding. My daughter said the wedding "exceeded her expectations."
    Jessica has good recommendations for vendors (photography, floral, venue, DJ), and she helped us negotiate all the contracts. Negotiating with Devil's Thumb Ranch was not an easy process, but Jessica always had our back! If an issue arose, Jessica immediately stepped up to the plate. She has good knowledge of the facility and staff.
    Jessica understood my daughter's vision of what she wanted the mood of her wedding to be. It turned out beautifully, and she helped us stay within our budget.
    Jessica really shines with her attention to detail. For example, she made sure snow boots were accessible for the outdoor photos. She made sure our 89-year old grandparent was always comfortable; she even brought him a plate of food from the buffet so that he wouldn't have to get up from the table and juggle a plate.
    Jessica went above and beyond when she helped the groom's out-of-state family plan the rehearsal dinner. I could go on and on about how wonderful JA Special Events is. But I'll summarize by saying that with Jessica as our event planner, it was a totally stress-free process. We were able to enjoy every minute of the gorgeous wedding knowing that Jessica had things under control. I would recommend JA Special Events to everyone, and would give her 10 stars if possible.

Sent on 04/03/2016

melissa · Married on 12/04/2015

Jessica was the best part about creating our wedding. She has become a friend through the process and I will never be able to express enough gratitude for who she is and what she did. She listens to your ideas and makes them a reality. We did a destination wedding with 100 people in Vail and because of Jessica not one thing went wrong....or if it did, I never heard about it! She handled all the commination and coordination with vendors. I was able to 100% enjoy my weekend without any stress. I HIGHLY recommend working with Jessica!

Sent on 12/15/2015

Jesse · Married on 11/12/2015

Jessica, Ally & the rest of the staff are incredible.

My wife and I had a separate ceremony and reception one year apart and everything was perfect at both. The attention to detail, passion and desire to ensure our satisfaction was amazing. Jessica always responded to emails, calls and texts even when she was at our events she was in charge of.

We received multiple suggestions for venues, caterers, photographers, etc. so we didn't have to do all the backend work on our own.

The pricing was very fair. A deposit was needed to get everything going but the majority of the fee was paid at the end of our reception.

For a wedding, Mitzvah or any other large event JA Special Events should always be at the top of your list.

Sent on 11/15/2016

Kelly · Married on 01/02/2015

Jessica and her team were absolutely amazing. The best thing we did for our wedding. Jessica is very connected in the wedding industry in Denver and made great recommendations for our wedding for other vendors. She was very responsive and buttoned up. She gave me the piece of mind to enjoy our day without any stress and worries. I can't say enough that she is the best thing out there. I was able to truly enjoy myself knowing she had everything under control. We used her as a "day of" planner but I would recommend her for everything. She went out of way to make everything perfect from helping bring up lanterns from our florist and doing an extra special hot cocoa bar for our reception. She worked great with Devils Thumb Ranch and all the vendors. THANK YOU for an amazing wedding and we appreciate everything you did for our special day.

Sent on 01/24/2015

Anna · Married on 09/14/2014

Stacy Horn from JA Special Events is the best investment we made in planning our wedding! We hired her to be our "Day Of" coordinator because I had all of the pre-planning pretty well in hand but I really wanted to be able to just enjoy the wedding day....and enjoy, we did! Stacey and I met a few times before the wedding to get a plan for little details and logistics, then she came to my house to pick up all of the decor that was going to end up at the venue for the wedding...I cant tell you how nice it was to get that stuff out of my house and into her very capable hands! She was there for the rehearsal the day before and then the whole day of the wedding! She was there for everything from setting up the decor at the venue to even replacing the button on my fiance's tux pants! All while I sipped champagne with my wedding party. My suggestion to anyone getting married...GET A WEDDING PLANNER! And my suggestion to anyone in Colorado...HIRE JA SPECIAL EVENTS!! You want to be able to enjoy your wedding day!

Sent on 10/17/2014

Our biggest regret was just hiring Jessica as our "Month of coordinator" rather than our "wedding planner". She was awesome, especially with dealing with Devil's Thumb Ranch, she made sure our wedding day went smoothly with pretty much zero input from us on the day - things just seemed to get done. Planning a wedding is more effort that you realize and we think the extra cost would have made the whole experience much easier.

Sent on 08/30/2014

Viviana · Married on 08/03/2014

JA Special Events was absolutely incredible in providing wedding coordination services for my 8/3/14 wedding in Vail, Colorado. I wish I could give them greater than 5 stars because they truly deserved it. I live in Ft. Lauderdale and planning a destination wedding was definitely difficult. I worked with Stacy Horn and she is just absolutely incredible, professional, responsive, and attentive to detail! She really went above and beyond for me and my wedding.

I really got so much more than I paid for with Stacy & JA Special Events. During the planning process, I would send Stacy my contracts and I could tell she really read them thoroughly, understood all of its terms, and got to know exactly what I wanted. She also provided smart, thought out, and intuitive solutions to issues I was having throughout the planning process.

I visited Vail before the wedding and we became concerned with certain vendors I had chosen so Stacy offered to sit in on those appointments as well, which was not part of the contract. As the wedding got closer, she became the main point of contact with my vendors and it was so nice to have someone working diligently to make sure all the details are taken care of... and there are so.... many.... details! In the days leading up to the wedding, lots of last minute changes happened and Stacy handled them all without a hitch.

The wedding was amazing and I was stress-free thanks to Stacy & JA Special Events. Even more, my wedding was atop the Vail Wedding Deck and the reception was at the Donovan Pavilion a mile or so away so I had a difficult wedding logistically, but everything was awesome! I cant even express how many times people would come up to me with a question or something related to the timeline and it was so great that I just referred all questions to Stacy and she took care of them. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND JA SPECIAL EVENTS. They are an amazing company with amazing people that are great at what they do!! THANK YOU!!

Sent on 08/15/2014

I worked with Jessica Adler/JA Events as my day-of coordinator, which I think every bride needs unless they have a ton of very involved, helpful, drama-free moms and aunts who are highly competent in event planning, which I don't. Very few brides do. Jessica and I have been friends for a long time so I'm probably a little biased, but I would wholeheartedly recommend her company to anyone. The thing with planning weddings is most brides have never done it before. You need someone with experience on your team. Also, everyone tells you it goes by so fast, so just enjoy it. That's why you need a wedding planner. They can help facilitate the wedding and each sub-event in the wedding without you having to think about it. Jessica did an amazing job at our wedding. The next day my mom literally got teary when I said to her, "Jessica was great, wasn't she?" My mom just loved her and loved how her presence helped her enjoy the wedding. Of course, I love her too.

Sent on 08/22/2014

Katie · Married on 06/20/2014

Jessica is AMAZING, so easy to work with!! She is on top of everything and knows her stuff!! She was worth every penny we paid & more!

Sent on 07/07/2014

I met Jessica via email just after the Colorado floods of 2013, which destroyed our wedding venue just a month shy of the wedding. Enter Jessica, to whom we were matched through the Save My Colorado Wedding program. Jessica treated me like any other client -- responding consistently to emails, and trying her best to match us with a new venue that fit our vision, despite the fact that we had never met and weren't paying her a dime. So yeah, that's the kind of person Jessica is.

My fiance and I decided to postpone our wedding until the following January, and when we selected a new venue that required a planner (Devil's Thumb Ranch -- also HIGHLY recommended!), we of course contacted Jessica straightaway. It was one of the best decisions we made. As others have noted, Jessica makes you feel like yours is the only wedding she is planning. From our first in-person meeting, I could tell she is a no-nonsense, practical, pragmatic business woman. I really appreciated that. Any prejudices I might have held about wedding planners (e.g. using flattery to sell 'extras' you don't need, working with selected vendors for a kick-back, etc.), Jessica blew away. There was no question she had our best interests at heart and was working to get us the best prices, discounts, etc. And there isn't a frivolous bone in her body. Jessica is basically the perfect package as far as wedding planning is concerned. She can do anything from wrangle with vendors to design draping schemes to execute decor. I knew her as a no-nonsense planner, but when it came down to the actual wedding day, I was blown away by her creative visions. She is incredibly detail-oriented, and designed little vignettes around our event space we didn't even ask for (and that all our guests commented on). She thought our cake looked too boring (it did), so she took it upon herself to add some flowers. I wasn't worried for even a second on our wedding day, because I trusted Jessica so completely.

Sent on 03/01/2014

Philip · Married on 10/20/2013

Communication is KEY for any event planning, and Jessica was absolutely incredible with communicating. She would have a response to me by either phone or email at least within one hour after trying to contact her, if I couldn't reach her the first time which was rare.

She personalized a budget for our needs instead of having "packages" which is HUGE in case you have not had a wedding before. Most places only offer certain services for certain prices but she was very reasonable with pricing and even went above and beyond what she needed to do in order to make our wedding at Devil's Thumb Ranch flawless.

Jessica knows what she is doing and does it with ease, without involving the wedding couple too much as to waste any time or energy. She communicated what she is doing the entire time and takes care of everything so you don't have to. We put all our trust in Jessica to plan and execute our wedding day and I am extremely happy we did. The wedding went off without a hitch and there are absolutely NO complaints at all with the wedding, and it is because Jessica handled everything professionally and effectively.

After the wedding there were some accounting issues with the venue and she even helped me talk with the venue and get a refund on some charges. I would not expect that from her but she offered to help which goes to show she is a good person and an amazing planner.

If you are looking for an awesome, professional, communicative, nice, fun, and extremely detailed planner for your event, please trust me on this that Jessica at JA Special Events is the one for you. I would/will recommend her to anyone I possibly can. Thanks Jessica!

Philip & Kristy Emery

Sent on 11/12/2013

emily · Married on 09/02/2013

JA events were recommended to us from several other venues we looked at that required wedding planners. Once we realized we were trying to plan a wedding in less than 6 months, from across the country with a move and a new job, we knew we needed a planner.

Jessica was very flexible in pricing to meet our budget and quick timeline. She did not take much time to get to know us or ask questions outside of logistics, but i put some time into sending her emails with our vision and photos of us.

She was very, VERY responsive and communicative! Planning a wedding is a lot to manage, so from our end (we both have very corporate jobs that require spreadsheets and organization) we would have preferred organized emails, condensed, instead of 7 emails answering different questions with different information. Also, wedding budget spreadsheet was very inclusive, but was not set to automatically add changing dollar amounts.

We were married at Devil's Thumb Ranch and i would not plan a wedding there without her. She is very familiar with the location and the staff and made what could have been a very stressful process, much easier. We were really happy with all the vendors she recommended and she implemented our vision beautifully in the end and made great suggestions on the best food at DTR and where to splurge a little (linens) versus save (renting additional rectangular tables).

I think she works best with vision driven bridezillas. I was really unsure as to what i wanted and needed her opinion often and she would offer the good and bad of both, but sometimes i just wanted her opinion to make a decision.

I don't know if she was the best 'fit' for our personalities but i would still recommend her in a heartbeat. She did a great job!

Sent on 09/11/2013

Lauren · Married on 09/26/2009

Both Jessica and Eva were an incredible help in planning my wedding and on the day of. I would recommend that every bride hire a planner (to help keep you sane) and I would definitely recommend JA Special Events. They really helped make sure that I enjoyed my wedding day, rather than having to worry about all the little details.

Sent on 10/25/2009

Heather · Married on 08/22/2015

Jessica is amazing! We hired JA Special Events to help us plan our whole wedding - we live in NYC and wanted to get married in the mountains, so she was our guru. Jessica had another event on the date that ended up working out for our venue, so Stacy was our day-of coordinator. Jessica helped us nail down all the vendors and negotiated contracts. About 8 weeks before the wedding, we transitioned to working with Stacy. They made sure it was a seamless transition.

Jessica did a wonderful job of finding us great vendors to choose from - I couldn't be happier with our venue (Allie's Cabin in Beaver Creek), DJ (Elite DJ), florist (Pink Posey), photographer (David Lynn Photography), linens, etc. I felt like Jessica fought on our behalf to get the best we could afford, and she and did a particularly great job working with us and the florist to get something truly beautiful, which was no easy task because my husband and I are really picky but know nothing about flowers!

JA also proved to be a great value - the value we got for what we paid was amazing. Worth every penny, and then some.

The weekend ended up being the wedding of our dreams (better actually). The lead up was stressful, but once the rehearsal dinner) started, we were able to enjoy the moment and spend time with our family and friends thanks to Jessica and Stacy. A lot of my friends look back on their weddings and wish they'd done things differently - I really wouldn't have changed a thing, which is pretty remarkable.

Planning a wedding is hard, and there are so many moving pieces. Nothing ever goes perfectly, and there were a couple minor mishaps along the way. Jessica was really responsive when things came up, and we were able to talk through them, which I appreciated. (I should also add that I am pretty "type a" and organized (and from NYC), so not terribly laid back!) We worked very well together, and the wedding was by all accounts a huge success. Thank you!!

Sent on 09/24/2015
  • futuremrs.l

Courtney · Married on 07/18/2015

Jessica was completely amazing. She was able to perfectly execute my wedding vision, as well as took care of so many little details and items leading up to and on the wedding day. The day of the wedding she took care of all vendors, set up and made sure we stayed on time and calm. She also took care of breakdown, cleanup and returning of material to vendors so we could continue to the after party.

She made the rehearsal smooth, quick and efficient.

I highly recommend her to anyone for either DOC services or full planning. She did so much for us I couldn't even start to scratch the surface.

Sent on 07/22/2015

Dana · Married on 05/17/2014

Jessica was an invaluable asset to us in planning a fantastic wedding. We were planning it remotely and held it at a private residence, both of which add complication - and on top of that, in only ~3 months. Jessica made it easy by giving us a few options to choose from for each service, bringing expertise on details we wouldn't have thought of (such as lighting), and arranged an agenda of tastings and visits when we came to visit. She is incredibly responsive, usually answering emails within an hour. And her price was much lower than some of the other planners we interviewed.

Sent on 12/19/2014

Linnae · Married on 09/08/2007

For the couple who want a champagne wedding on a beer budget like we did, I definitely recommend spending the extra money for a planner, particularly JA Special Events. You will never never never find another planner as well qualified as she is for same low fee. Seriously.

Jessica treats you as if you're her only client, which is a great feeling when you're trying to plan a wedding on your own. She always has great ideas on ways to save money and has great vendors that frequently offer discounts. She made nearly every vendor appointment, and even went shopping with me at Costco for my welcome dinner the day before the wedding.

I gave only four stars for quality only because on the wedding day, there were a couple minor details here and there that didn't seem to come to fruition, but I can't even remember what they are, so they couldn't have been all that big of a deal. But just be aware that if you want every last detail in place and your napkin rings matter just as much as your wedding gown in your eyes, you should probably go with a team of folks rather than a one-person operation.

The only other 4 star mark was for professionalism; sometimes she had to bring her young daughter along to our meetings, but she was always good and never distracted Jessica's attention away. I could see how some people would not be thrilled with that though. Basically, I think if you're very particular and demanding, you should probably spend more money elsewhere. But if you're like me, fairly easy going but with lots of ideas and wishes for your wedding day but little help and money, she's perfect!

Sent on 12/22/2007