J.R. Owen & Company Reviews

J.R. Owen & Company 5
J.R. Owen & Company 6
J.R. Owen & Company 7

Kate · Married on 08/11/2012

Rachel was amazing. She did our engagement photos and wedding photos and we couldn't be happier. Being in the Wedding business myself, it was important to find someone who really loved their work and put all of their time and dedication into making our special day as memorable as possible. Rachel was always easy to get a hold of (even now when we are ordering our pictures) to answer any questions we had. She was willing to meet us anywhere and open to all of our ideas. Very organized, efficient, and creative! We really can't say enough about Rachel and would highly recommend her to ANYONE!!

Sent on 10/17/2012

Dawn & Jason · Married on 07/21/2012

Rachel and her assistant Dan did the most wonderful job of capturing our special day. There are so many great pictures to pick from! Rachel took wonderful pictures of every little detail, from getting ready at my parents' house to our ceremony. There are so many fun pictures of our reception, but mine and my husband's favorites are those that were taken at the beach off of Fullerton Avenue in downtown Chicago. The pictures of my husband and I are stunning...we have had so many compliments on them. We took pictures in Lincoln Park as well by a variety of sculptures and within tunnels. All of our pictures are fantastic and we couldn't have been any happier with choosing Rachel as our wedding photographer! Thank you so much!

Sent on 10/12/2012

Katie · Married on 06/30/2012

Rachel is phenomenal! She got great shots, and quickly, too, which was awesome because it was an excruciatingly hot day! You hardly knew she was there, but when it was necessary for her to have our attention she gave clear directions and worked very efficiently. To our surprise, she even had a little slide show of our pictures by the time of our reception was happening just hours later! The photos turned out better than we could have imagined, and I would definitely recommend her! Everyone who has seen the photos is in awe of the pictures and her!

Sent on 07/11/2012

Meg · Married on 05/27/2012

When I first started researching photographers for our wedding, I was extremely overwhelmed. Rachel was the photographer for a friend of mine’s wedding and I fell in love with the pictures right away. Not only is she tremendously talented, she is so patient and nice and really listens to what you have to say. I consider myself a very picky person, but Rachel met all of my needs and wants. She is a very down-to-earth person and takes the time to get to know you. I never felt like “just another client”. We only had a set amount of time to get pictures done between the ceremony and reception, and Rachel was wonderful at keeping things moving. She was very efficient and methodical. She knew which shots she wanted to capture and what needed to be done to bring out the best in each location. I would highly recommend choosing Image Icon! Rachel was a pleasure to work with and we were very happy to have her capture our day.

Sent on 10/17/2012

claudia · Married on 02/11/2012

Our wedding was February 11, 2012 and we were searching and searching for a great compnay that made us feel confortable. Rachel and Jeff were amazing. Everytime I would email/ text them they would get back to very quiick. When we went to meet them, we fell in love with their work. They know how to capture all the right things that we were looking for. At our wedding they made me feel like they had everything cover and that day is hectic so not having to worry about if the are getting what I want and the right shots was a wonderful feeling. When Rachel told me that she had the album all together I was so excited! I went to her store and I was amazed!! Everything that I wasnted was in my album. ImageIcon is a wonderful company with the best people I have ever met. I used them for my weddding and I cant wait to plan to have our picture taken with our dogs outside it will be amazing as well. You better believe I will use them for when I have my children!! Rachel and Jeff thank you so much for making my day go smoothly with knowing what I wanted and being there for us when things were hectic. You guys are amazing people and I could say have a great eye for captuing the moments that really count. Thank you guys so much!
    Claudia and Jason

Sent on 10/15/2012

Adrienne · Married on 12/10/2010

I worked with Rachel for my December 10th, 2010 wedding at Arrowhead Golf Club in Wheaton, Illinois. Her photojournalistic photography was just what we were looking for and exactly what she delivered. She had an amazing ability of capturing every moment of our ceremony and reception without being in the middle of everything. I gave her a basic outline of how I wanted the day to go and some important shots I wanted her to get everything else she effortlessly did on her own. When we got our pictures back each one was literally perfect, everyone commented on how beautiful they turned out. I would highly recommend Rachel to any bride looking for a wedding photographer; her professionalism well exceeded mine and my husband’s expectations! Thank You!

Sent on 03/21/2011

Tara · Married on 11/20/2010

I worked with Rachel for my engagement and wedding photos in June and November of 2010 and my husband and I were nothing but thrilled with quality of work we received. The engagement photo session was nice since it gave an us idea on how Rachel worked and what we could expect for the day of the wedding. The engagement photos turned out great and loved what she how she worked with the overcast that day. The photos came out very cool.
    The day of the wedding was no exception. Rachel arrived on time and immediately got to work. My husband, bridal party, family and I felt very comfortable with her which was important. She has very creative ideas and took a lot of beautiful shots. My friends and family have been raving about the photography even months later. I would definitely recommend working with Rachel if photography is important to you as we are completely thrilled with the photos we received.

Sent on 03/20/2011

Corie · Married on 08/27/2010

Rachel has natural talent. We gave her free reign to play around among the Chicago landscape and she came up with extremely creative poses, locations and angles. Seeing the end results, I have never felt more beautiful and I couldn't believe pictures of us in my hometown could look like they belonged in a high-end bridal magazine.

The quality was super clear, the photo-shopping and editing was so clever and artistic, and the end result was a dream come true.

To add the icing to the (wedding) cake - she was a breeze to work with. She arrived early, fully prepared and chock full of ideas. She was super accommodating and fun and a general pleasure to work with. She knew the shots that were important without me having to tell her, and she did it in a way that made our wedding unique and special.

I have been recommending Rachel and her work to all of my recently engaged friends and encourage all brides to book Rachel ASAP!

Sent on 04/04/2011

Hannah · Married on 07/30/2010

Rachel photographed our wedding in July 2010. We were given the opportunity to see her portfolio beforehand and compare it with other photographers in the company, and then we decided that her style fit what we wanted. She was unbelievably flexible and easy to work with - she made things work for the schedule we wanted (which was NOT easy!) and helped us decide how the day would run most effectively. She talked us through the process without being overbearing, and she blended seamlessly into the day in a way that made us very comfortable and produced amazing photographs! We couldn't be more please with the service and the pictures!

Sent on 03/20/2011

Lindsay · Married on 07/24/2010

I was lucky enough to have Rachel photograph our wedding. Since then, so many people have asked me who our amazing photographer was and have asked for her for their upcoming events. Her attention to detail was stunning and our pictures are unique and classic at the same time! On top of her incredible pictures, she was also a joy to be around! Our entire wedding party loved her! I truly can't say enough about Rachel -- we are STILL getting compliments on our wedding pictures. I only wish I could give her more than 5 stars!!

Sent on 03/27/2011

Cate · Married on 07/16/2010

I cannot say enough good things about Rachel. She did our engagement photos in October, 2009 and photographed our wedding in July, 2010. For our engagement photos, Rachel suggested Navy Pier. The pictures came out amazing. She has so many good ideas and always finds that unique perspective. That is what drew me to her work from the very beginning. Our wedding photos were awesome. We had 18 bridesmaids and groomsmen and Rachel was able to engage all the rowdy groomsmen. In the morning, I was freaking out about a pimple that popped up on my chin overnight and Rachel calmed me down. You don't even see the pimple in any of the pictures :o) We ended up with so many beautiful photos, from the ones of me getting ready in the morning to the guys in the church to the girls in the trolley. The ceremony photos were beautiful and the reception photos were funny. She really caught every moment of the entire day. In between engagement photos and wedding photos, I was making a canvas for my boss out of a digital picture I had. It needed some help, so I asked Rachel and she made it look beautiful!!! This is the kind of person she is...always willing to help. She makes you feel like your wedding is the most important one in the world, even though she shoots a few every weekend.

Sent on 03/24/2011

Mariana · Married on 05/22/2010

Rachel photographed my wedding in May of 2010 as well my engagement photos. She did a phenomenal job with both. Rachel is one of those people who you can tell is passionate about what she does. For our engagement session she met us in Millennium Park at 6:30 in the morning because that is when the best light is. She told us exactly what to do, and quickly identified perfect spots for the pictures. The photos came out so artistic and unforced, and I was really really happy.
    The day of the wedding Rachel started out the morning with me and my bridesmaids at the Sofitel. The way she manipulated the light in the room was incredible. I cannot believe how amazing the pictures truly are. Whenever anyone looks at my album people say I looked like a model...I had no idea what I was doing; it was all Rachel; she's AMAZING!!! At our eastern orthodox ceremony she captured all the key shots and lots of little special moments that I will forever cherish. Then afterward she was such a trooper and followed my bridal party in a taxi around the city for pics. Again, she did an amazing job coordinating beautiful unpredictable shots of me and my husband and our 12...yes 12, friends. At the reception, she got all the important moments and lots of great candids. Again she used the modern space and lighting of the Sofitel to get beautiful one of a kind shots. She also did an awesome job getting coverage of everyone at the wedding, which was important to our families.
    Bottom line...if you're looking for a photographer with a great disposition, who is professional, and who knows how to get a great balance of the traditional and photojournalistic style photos; you will not find anyone better than Rachel.

Rachel deserves 5 stars in each category because I could not have asked for anything beyond what she delivered for my wedding photos and the album.

Sent on 04/03/2011

Elizabeth · Married on 11/07/2009

Rachel was my photographer for my November 2009 wedding. I love, love, loved my wedding photos! My husband and I got married at Holy Name Cathedral and our reception at Cafe Brauer in the Lincoln Park Zoo. Rachel did such a great job of capturing the beauty of my historic venues and getting the urban city look I was going for. She also did my engagement photos, which again, love them! I have gotten many compliments on all my photos. Rachel was very professional and a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 03/28/2011

Great people to work with! Rachel was so friendly and welcoming! With for sure use her in the future!

Sent on 10/18/2012
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 06/01/2019

Such a fun and talented photography team!

Jeff and Rachel were just THE BEST team to have on our wedding day. They made us feel so important. My husband loved Jeff and his outgoing personality. His words about Jeff “he’s just a guy that loves life and it shows. He got to know every single one of my groomsmen and they loved him”. From a man of little words, that’s a HUGE compliment! Rachel knew exactly how to get the “perfect shot” and how to make me feel so pretty on my wedding day. Jeff and Rachel work wonderfully as a team. My bridesmaids complimented me on what a great team we picked for our big day, they have already gotten married and said they were the best photographers they’ve ever met. We are so blessed to have been lead to JR Owen and Co! Thank you guys so much!

Sent on 06/10/2019

Matthew · Married on 12/30/2016

3.5

Jeff and Rachel shot our wedding. Their prices are great and they don't have a time limit.

Sent on 02/15/2017

Rachel was our photographer and from the day I emailed her she was extremely helpful. Throughout the process she answered my questions about photography, in addition to providing some other wedding advice. Rachel did our engagement photos and although they were taken at a great location they did not come out quite how we imagined they would. Everyone else loved them, we were just critical of ourselves in the photos. For the wedding, Rachel was on time and professional. Our timeline got thrown off because setup for photos took longer than planned. We thought we had so much time but we didn't. We missed our cocktail hour even though we did first look photos and we took a lot of time taking night photos. All of the photos look great. We had a few disappointments such as - first look photos mainly showed the bride's face and the intention was to see the groom's face, there are not many close up posed photos of us, there are noy many different location poses of us because we did not have time and it rained the day of, the reception room lighting threw off the photos so we really didn't get a good photo of the overall color/glow in the room at night. I know that sounds like a long list, but honestly, Rachel is great to work with. I think you have to be very specific in everything you want, which is a criticism I have seen of a lot of wedding photographers. Apparently we did not do a great job of that. Some of the photos are absolutely stunning so overall we are very happy with them.

Sent on 10/10/2012

Toni · Married on 04/25/2015

4.2

Rachel took the most "AMAZING " intimate photos to help my create a beautiful & exquisite lingerie album as a gift to my husband for our 1st wedding anniversary. She makes you feel right at home in the studio. Her level of expertise helps capture the true essence of the moment!! She & Jeff were extremely courteous and Rachel even encouraged my husband to share the experience!!! Although he picked the photos, Rachel helped bring my vision to reality. I highly recommend their services to bring your journey to life !!!!

Sent on 05/13/2016