J Cakes Reviews

J Cakes 5
  • Elaine

Elaine Perez · Getting married on 06/07/2020

Flawless tasting

My fiancé and I had an amazing time at our tasting. The staff was so helpful and friendly. I was able to tell Hope what I kind of had in mind and she took my thought and made it happen. This will be my 3rd cake I order from them. I highly recommend J Cakes.

J Cakes 6
    Sent on 12/04/2019
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 10/12/2019

So delicious!

J Cakes made me the most delicious cake and cupcakes for my wedding! The selection of flavors is awesome and we got exactly what we wanted! Our guests are still talking about the cupcakes and wishing they could have more! I will definitely choose J Cakes for future events!

Sent on 10/16/2019

J Cakes's reply:

Thank you Erin! It was a pleasure working with you and your Mom! I wish you all the best! I hope to see you soon!

Libby Seidner · Married on 09/07/2019

Beautiful and Delicious Cake

Our wedding cake was so gorgeous and delicious! Everyone raved about it for days after the wedding. The team was easy to work with and very flexible with last minute changes like adding a cake stand. They also provided and placed the hydrangeas on our cake. Can't recommend enough.

J Cakes 7
    Sent on 10/07/2019

Hi Libby
    Fabulous news! Thanks so much for posting the photo and the kind words. It was great to be a part of the celebration!

All the best

Kasey · Married on 09/01/2019

Delicious and beautiful

Loved our cake! It was exactly what we wanted. The tasting was also fun and easy, and they were a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 09/20/2019

Hello Kasey
    That's fabulous news! Thanks for taking the time to write!
    Have a nice autumn season!

Lizzie Simonsen · Married on 08/31/2019

Simple & Delicious

JCakes was wonderful to work with! Not only was our cake beautiful, but it was delicious too. Everyone raved about how good it was. I would definitely use JCakes again for future events (or just because)!

Sent on 09/05/2019

HI there Lizzie
    What fabulous news to receive this review. We can't wait to work with you on the next event!

Kathleen · Married on 08/31/2019

Amazing wedding cake

JCakes was phenomenal from our tasting to our wedding day (and beyond since we ate some leftover cake after our wedding). The cakes are delicious, they seamlessly re-created a cake based off my picture. They were flexible with dropping off our cake topper and flowers. Overall, super happy with how our wedding cake turned out. Also, they had great suggestions for how to save some money, suggesting we use a sheet cake along with a 3-tier cake.

Sent on 09/12/2019

Hi Kathleen
    This is fabulous news! I'm so happy everyone liked the cake! Thank you for taking the time to write us and allowing JCakes to be a part of the celebration!
    Fondly,
  • Austin

Austin Hammar · Married on 08/17/2019

Simple and Delightful

JCakes was wonderful to work with. They were super easy with helping us order a cake that fit our budget, as well as picking flavors that we'd enjoy. It was a beautifully made cake, and it tasted amazing too. I am not a huge sweets person, but this cake was worth a second slice. I would use them again for any of my cake/sweets needs.

J Cakes 8
    Sent on 08/28/2019

Hi Austin
    This is wonderful news and thank you for writing! We hope to work with you again!
    Thanks

Becky · Married on 06/02/2019

Beautiful, delicious cake

We were required to use J Cakes because they have a contract with our venue (it's included in the venue package). That being said, if I was doing it again, I would absolutely use J Cakes by choice. Not only was the cake beautiful, but it tasted so good!!! In my experience, wedding cakes usually look beautiful, but taste pretty awful. In contrast, this was actually one of the best tasting cakes I've ever had! We even had guests coming up to us to ask if the baker made smaller cakes for other occasions-- or even just single cupcakes that they could buy for themselves!

Sent on 08/12/2019
  • Kaylacamille

Kayla · Married on 06/01/2019

Not your average wedding cake!

JCakes did an amazing job with our wedding cake and cupcakes! We did strawberry shortcake and chocolate cannoli. Both were delicious and moist! Our wedding guests are still talking about how amazing our cake was!

Sent on 06/13/2019

Hi Kayla,
    It's wonderful to hear from you. We thank you for taking the time to post a review. It was a pleasure working with you and look forward to working with you in the future.
    All the Best,
  • Gretchen

Gretchen · Married on 06/01/2019

The tastiest cake EVER!

J Cakes makes the most amazing cake and fillings in all of CT! My husband and I chose a three tier vanilla cake with various fillings, all of them so tasty! We chose the strawberry shortcake filling, chocolate truffle filling, and raspberry filling. We cannot choose a favorite, even if forced! Hope of J Cakes worked with us and our budget so well. We also incorporated tennis-themed cupcakes as the groom’s cake and Hope contacted us multiple times with different design options and pricing. They were also extremely tasty!

Her decorating is flawless and beautiful. We went with a simple cascade of flowers in our other floral colors of the wedding and Hope matched them perfectly. We definitely plan on ordering from J Cakes again, and cannot wait to recreate our cake for our one year anniversary (yes, we are so obsessed we are already talking about that).

J Cakes 9
    J Cakes 10
    Sent on 06/24/2019

Hello Gretchen!
    I am so happy the cake and cupcakes were a success! You were such a delight to work with I can't wait to see you for your first anniversary! Congratulations and I wish you both all the best!
    Fondly,

Kristen · Married on 04/27/2019

So yummy and beautiful!

We ordered 3 different flavors for our 3 tier cake and all were sooo delicious! Neither my husband nor I are big cake eaters, but after our tasting at JCakes, we knew we wanted them! We ate all 3 flavors of cake because they were just so good! We actually had a hard time choosing 3 flavors only because everything was incredible! We ended up with Oreo, mixed berry, and white chocoalte mousse! I highly recommend JCakes!

Sent on 05/05/2019

Hello Kristen
    I'm thrilled everything went so well with the cake. Thank you for selecting JCakes! We hope to work with you in the future!
  • Julie

Julie · Married on 12/28/2018

Delicious!

Our venue has a partnership with J Cakes so we didn't actually communicate at all with them so we can only comment on the product. We ordered a simple 2-tier chocolate cake with cannoli filling and white frosting with pearl accent on the bottom. The cake was delicious!!! There were also several other flavors to choose from. We are very happy with how our little cake turned out!
    (floral accents in photo done by florist)

J Cakes 11
    Sent on 01/17/2019

J Cakes's reply:

Thank you Julie for taking the time to write us- I'm glad all was a success and that we could make your day a little sweeter!
    Congrats!

Lisa · Married on 12/22/2018

Yummy wedding cake :)

Our cake was sooo good! We had a yellow cake with oreo cream filling and a semi-naked frosting design. We got a ton of compliments on it! Other weddings we’ve gone to have had cakes that looked really pretty but lacked flavor. Right from our tasting, we knew that wouldn’t be the case with ours. We can’t recommend J Cakes enough!

J Cakes 12
    J Cakes 13
    J Cakes 14
    Sent on 01/13/2019

Hello Lisa
    Thank you SO much for posting a lovely review with photos! Everything looks stunning. We pride ourselves on a cake that not only looks amazing but tastes sensational as well. Please keep in touch and best wishes to you!

Christina · Married on 12/02/2018

Oh my goodness, we are THRILLED with J Cakes! Beyond their excellent communication and flexibility in helping us coordinate details (we live out of state), the cake they created for our wedding was stunning and absolutely delicious!! Honestly the best cake I've ever had, and they truly helped to make our day picture-perfect. Highly recommended!

Sent on 07/01/2015

Hi Christina
    I'm thrilled everything went off without a hitch! I wish you both the best and thank you for writing!
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 10/13/2018

Wedding Cake - Wow!

Our coconut-with-mixed-berry-filling cake was an absolute hit! A huge thank you to Hope for hosting our tasting (watching us eat a TON of cake) and for providing a finished product that was both beautiful and delicious (a rare find as wedding cakes go)! I'd also like to thank the design team at J Cakes for working with me to have a surprise fondant "peeker" made of one of my husband's favorite video game characters -- it helped add a little bit of our geekier side to our wedding and it meant the absolute world to him. You guys are the best!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Hello Emily-
    Wow, this is fabulous news. I"m so glad the video game character was appreciated! It was a pleasure working with you and we wish you all the best! Thanks for taking the time to write us

Jen · Married on 09/15/2018

We went for a cake tasting and left booking for my daughters wedding. Hope was amazing!! I highly recommend Jcakes

J Cakes 15
    Sent on 09/19/2018

Hi there!
    Thanks for posting the photo - We loved the cupcake setup with the crates! It was a pleasure work with everyone in the family and we hope to work together again soon.

Kelsey · Married on 09/15/2018

J Cakes does a beautiful (and very tasty) job with wedding cakes! My husband and I went in for a tasting, showed a photo of what we wanted in our wedding cake, and picked our flavors! The whole process was very easy, and the cake was delicious! J Cakes delivered our cake to our venue, and worked with our florist to get the flowers for the cake. We were able to drop our cake topper off in advance, and worked with them leading up to our wedding to ensure our cake was what we wanted! Very very easy process, and the team is very knowledgable, and can work with you to turn any wedding cake into a dream!

J Cakes 16
    Sent on 10/01/2018

Hello Kelsey!
    I'm so thrilled that you enjoyed the entire process with JCakes. Thank you and I look forward to working with you in the future!!

Shauna · Married on 09/09/2018

I loved J cakes right from the beginning when I went for a tasting! They made exactly what I wanted and the cake was delicious! Everyone loved it and I would definitely recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 09/13/2018

Hello Shauna
    I"m so happy you were pleased with our services. Thank you so much and please stop in in the future!
  • lsm0908

Lindsay · Married on 09/08/2018

Delicious cake

We absolutely loved our cake from J Cakes and heard from several people it was the best wedding cake they’ve ever had. A few of our guests even confessed that they ate other people’s plates while they were up dancing! They executed our vision perfectly and we would absolutely order a cake from them again in the future.

J Cakes 17
    Sent on 11/01/2018

Hello Lindsay -
    This is fabulous news! I'm so happy the cake was a hit! Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience with JCakes - We will wish you all the best!
  • User3423368 · 1+ year ago

You were wonderful and our cake was beautiful. Working with our other vendors as well as the last minute additions I made. Thank you for all your help and our outstanding cake!

Sent on 07/27/2013

Hi there
    It it my pleasure to help make your day as special as possible. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with JCakes.

Maggie · Married on 07/29/2018

Holly and Kayla treated us beautifully during our tasting! Better value than anywhere else we went. So excited to give our businesses in our town we live in the business. We will recommend you to everyone! The cakes are delicious and Holly is willing to do everything I asked!!!

Sent on 03/20/2018

Hello Maggie
    This is such great feedback! Thank you for patronizing local businesses, it truly means the world to us. We hope to see you soon in the shop!

Jana · Married on 07/06/2018

J Cakes did our cake for our wedding on 7/6/18 and it was delicious! We got a golden cake with fresh strawberries and cream with buttercream frosting and I am still dreaming about it today! They were incredibly kind and professional as well. Everyone loved our cake and I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/21/2018

Hello Jana
    What a lovely review. This is such great news. I wish you all the best and thank you!
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 06/16/2018

We had a great experience dealing with J Cakes. From start to finish, they were helpful and responsive. Our wedding guests (along with us) loved the cupcakes!

Sent on 06/30/2018

J Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much, Samantha! We're thrilled that we could be a positive addition to your special day, and that everybody enjoyed the cupcakes.

Priya · Married on 05/05/2018

Hope was absolutely amazing! I just stalked her instagram for photos of cakes that we liked and went in for a 45 minute consultation. We are both not a huge fan of fondant, but I had selected a cake that was decorated with fondant. Hope was able to make the same cake with buttercream frosting (our favorite)! She has a huge amount of cake flavors and fillings to choose from - it was probably my favorite part of wedding planning. The cake itself was so delicious we had to eat the rest of it the next day! Thank you for the beautiful cake Hope!

Sent on 06/11/2018

J Cakes's reply:

Congratulations Priya!! I'm thrilled that you and your guests were happy with the cake! Best Wishes to you!

Amanda · Married on 11/03/2017

JCakes was a pleasure to work with. From the tasting all the way to the day of the wedding. The staff is professional and prompt. And not to mention the cakes are super delicious! We loved our cake design and taste. Can’t wait to use your cake services again and again.

J Cakes 18
    J Cakes 19
    J Cakes 20
    Sent on 11/12/2017

J Cakes's reply:

Thanks for posting Amanda! We are thrilled the cake was a success! Looking forward to working with you again .