J Cakes Reviews

J Cakes 7
  • Julie

Julie · Married on 12/28/2018

Delicious!

Our venue has a partnership with J Cakes so we didn't actually communicate at all with them so we can only comment on the product. We ordered a simple 2-tier chocolate cake with cannoli filling and white frosting with pearl accent on the bottom. The cake was delicious!!! There were also several other flavors to choose from. We are very happy with how our little cake turned out!
    (floral accents in photo done by florist)

J Cakes 8

Lisa · Married on 12/22/2018

Yummy wedding cake :)

Our cake was sooo good! We had a yellow cake with oreo cream filling and a semi-naked frosting design. We got a ton of compliments on it! Other weddings we’ve gone to have had cakes that looked really pretty but lacked flavor. Right from our tasting, we knew that wouldn’t be the case with ours. We can’t recommend J Cakes enough!

Sent on 01/13/2019
    J Cakes 9
    J Cakes 10
    J Cakes 11

Hello Lisa
    Thank you SO much for posting a lovely review with photos! Everything looks stunning. We pride ourselves on a cake that not only looks amazing but tastes sensational as well. Please keep in touch and best wishes to you!

Christina · Married on 12/02/2018

Oh my goodness, we are THRILLED with J Cakes! Beyond their excellent communication and flexibility in helping us coordinate details (we live out of state), the cake they created for our wedding was stunning and absolutely delicious!! Honestly the best cake I've ever had, and they truly helped to make our day picture-perfect. Highly recommended!

Sent on 07/01/2015

Hi Christina
    I'm thrilled everything went off without a hitch! I wish you both the best and thank you for writing!
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 10/13/2018

Wedding Cake - Wow!

Our coconut-with-mixed-berry-filling cake was an absolute hit! A huge thank you to Hope for hosting our tasting (watching us eat a TON of cake) and for providing a finished product that was both beautiful and delicious (a rare find as wedding cakes go)! I'd also like to thank the design team at J Cakes for working with me to have a surprise fondant "peeker" made of one of my husband's favorite video game characters -- it helped add a little bit of our geekier side to our wedding and it meant the absolute world to him. You guys are the best!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Hello Emily-
    Wow, this is fabulous news. I"m so glad the video game character was appreciated! It was a pleasure working with you and we wish you all the best! Thanks for taking the time to write us

Jen · Married on 09/15/2018

We went for a cake tasting and left booking for my daughters wedding. Hope was amazing!! I highly recommend Jcakes

J Cakes 12

Hi there!
    Thanks for posting the photo - We loved the cupcake setup with the crates! It was a pleasure work with everyone in the family and we hope to work together again soon.

Kelsey · Married on 09/15/2018

J Cakes does a beautiful (and very tasty) job with wedding cakes! My husband and I went in for a tasting, showed a photo of what we wanted in our wedding cake, and picked our flavors! The whole process was very easy, and the cake was delicious! J Cakes delivered our cake to our venue, and worked with our florist to get the flowers for the cake. We were able to drop our cake topper off in advance, and worked with them leading up to our wedding to ensure our cake was what we wanted! Very very easy process, and the team is very knowledgable, and can work with you to turn any wedding cake into a dream!

J Cakes 13

Hello Kelsey!
    I'm so thrilled that you enjoyed the entire process with JCakes. Thank you and I look forward to working with you in the future!!

Shauna · Married on 09/09/2018

I loved J cakes right from the beginning when I went for a tasting! They made exactly what I wanted and the cake was delicious! Everyone loved it and I would definitely recommend them to anyone!

Hello Shauna
    I"m so happy you were pleased with our services. Thank you so much and please stop in in the future!
  • lsm0908

Lindsay · Married on 09/08/2018

Delicious cake

We absolutely loved our cake from J Cakes and heard from several people it was the best wedding cake they’ve ever had. A few of our guests even confessed that they ate other people’s plates while they were up dancing! They executed our vision perfectly and we would absolutely order a cake from them again in the future.

J Cakes 14

Hello Lindsay -
    This is fabulous news! I'm so happy the cake was a hit! Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience with JCakes - We will wish you all the best!
  • User3423368 · Recently married

You were wonderful and our cake was beautiful. Working with our other vendors as well as the last minute additions I made. Thank you for all your help and our outstanding cake!

Hi there
    It it my pleasure to help make your day as special as possible. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with JCakes.

Maggie · Married on 07/29/2018

Holly and Kayla treated us beautifully during our tasting! Better value than anywhere else we went. So excited to give our businesses in our town we live in the business. We will recommend you to everyone! The cakes are delicious and Holly is willing to do everything I asked!!!

Hello Maggie
    This is such great feedback! Thank you for patronizing local businesses, it truly means the world to us. We hope to see you soon in the shop!

Jana · Married on 07/06/2018

J Cakes did our cake for our wedding on 7/6/18 and it was delicious! We got a golden cake with fresh strawberries and cream with buttercream frosting and I am still dreaming about it today! They were incredibly kind and professional as well. Everyone loved our cake and I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/21/2018

Hello Jana
    What a lovely review. This is such great news. I wish you all the best and thank you!
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 06/16/2018

We had a great experience dealing with J Cakes. From start to finish, they were helpful and responsive. Our wedding guests (along with us) loved the cupcakes!

Sent on 06/30/2018

J Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much, Samantha! We're thrilled that we could be a positive addition to your special day, and that everybody enjoyed the cupcakes.

Priya · Married on 05/05/2018

Hope was absolutely amazing! I just stalked her instagram for photos of cakes that we liked and went in for a 45 minute consultation. We are both not a huge fan of fondant, but I had selected a cake that was decorated with fondant. Hope was able to make the same cake with buttercream frosting (our favorite)! She has a huge amount of cake flavors and fillings to choose from - it was probably my favorite part of wedding planning. The cake itself was so delicious we had to eat the rest of it the next day! Thank you for the beautiful cake Hope!

Sent on 06/11/2018

J Cakes's reply:

Congratulations Priya!! I'm thrilled that you and your guests were happy with the cake! Best Wishes to you!

Amanda · Married on 11/03/2017

JCakes was a pleasure to work with. From the tasting all the way to the day of the wedding. The staff is professional and prompt. And not to mention the cakes are super delicious! We loved our cake design and taste. Can’t wait to use your cake services again and again.

Sent on 11/12/2017
    J Cakes 15
    J Cakes 16
    J Cakes 17

J Cakes's reply:

Thanks for posting Amanda! We are thrilled the cake was a success! Looking forward to working with you again .

Gina · Married on 10/28/2017

Amazing taste and amazing to look at! Our wedding cake was simple but beautiful and elegant. She did any flavor we asked for and it was a few bc they are so delicious it was hard to choose!!

Sent on 11/05/2017
    J Cakes 18
    J Cakes 19
    J Cakes 20

Hi Gina
    Thank you so much for the feedback and photos! You both look stunning!!! I wish you the best.

Kerey · Married on 09/30/2017

J Cakes has been nothing short of perfect the entire time. They communicated clearly what, when, and where I needed to be. I loved the cake tasting and being able to mix and match their wide variety of cakes and frostings. They delivered the cake on time, it was absolutely stunning. I would definitely recommend J Cakes for any occasion!

Sent on 10/11/2017

J Cakes's reply:

Thank you Kerey for the fantastic feedback. It was a pleasure!!

Paiten · Married on 09/30/2017

My husband and I got married at Bill Miller's Castle in Branford, and when we had first gone to see the venue, there was a book that we looked at from JCakes. It was filled with some of the most beautiful cakes I had ever seen! We had also gone to a bridal expo at the venue, and had tasted the cake shooters from the JCakes booth, and they were absolutely amazing. I knew then that I wanted to go with JCakes! When meeting with Hope for the first time, it was a little awkward because she had to keep stepping away from us to help customers walking into the shop to buy cupcakes. But once we got down to discussing our design and cake flavors, I could tell she became inspired with our ideas, which made us super excited! The day of the wedding when I finally saw my husband, one of the first things he said to me was, "Oh my god, did you see the cake?!" I was absolutely blown away when I finally saw it!! Hope and her team created the most beautiful birdcage themed cake for us that was straight out of my Pinterest dreams! We also got so many compliments from our guests about how moist and delicious the cake tasted. One of my pet peeves as a guest at a wedding, is dry and tasteless boring weddings cakes. My wedding cake was both beautiful and delicious! I could not thank Hope and JCakes enough for all the time and work they put into creating the wedding cake of my dreams! They absolutely outdid themselves!

Sent on 11/07/2017
    J Cakes 26
    J Cakes 27
    J Cakes 28

J Cakes's reply:

Thank you Paiten for posting such beautiful and fun photos! We loved working on this masterpiece and are so thrilled you fell in love with it. Please keep in touch!!

Lauren · Married on 09/23/2017

JCakes was amazing to work with! We were blown away by the taste and aesthetics of their cakes at the tasting. Everyone we worked with was incredibly professional. JCakes was able to take my Pinterest ideas and bring them to life with textured buttercream. Their prices are reasonable, delivery and set up was flawless, the design was everything we wanted, and the cake tasted amazing! If we need a cake in the future, we will be sure to return to JCakes!

Alessandra · Married on 09/08/2017

I think the simplest thing to say is that people ACTUALLY ATE our wedding cake. The cake was delicious, it wasn't dry or overly heavy, the frosting was amazing and it was exactly how we ordered it. At the tasting they had a ton of choices, lots of great pictures for us to choose designs from and were able to help us pick out a cake that fit our needs. I highly recommend them not just because it was easy to do business with them, but because the quality of their cake and the presentation were delicious and beautiful!!

Kelly · Married on 07/22/2017

My husband and I had a wonderful experience with JCakes! We met with them to discuss our wedding vision, which included cupcakes, a small cake to cut, and small sunflowers on the cupcakes. They didn't bat an eye at any of our requests, and made us feel so confident that everything would go perfectly. Their prices are incredibly fair, their products are delicious, and their service is utterly professional. I knew that I would not see the cake until the big day, but I wasn't worried at all! JCakes handled the delivery and setup of everything, and it was absolutely beautiful! Our guests loved the cupcakes, and Joe and I can't wait to eat our frozen piece a year from now. Thank you for everything--we hope to visit the shop again soon for a cupcake fix!!

Sent on 08/09/2017

J Cakes's reply:

So happy all went well! Please stop by soon!!

Mary · Married on 07/02/2017

Jcakes is out of this world. The taste test was fun and quick. We were doing cupcakes so we chose the cannoli and chocolate mousse. We did a small cake to cut for ourselves and it was white chocolate mousse. It was delicious! Hope was so sweet and great to work with, they delivered the cupcakes to the venue which was great. I can't wait to go back for cupcakes just to have some!

Sarah · Married on 06/23/2017

We were referred to J Cakes through the preferred vendor list from our venue. We researched the bakeries and decided to try our tasting with J Cakes based on their website and other reviews. Boy, we were not disappointed! The tasting was delicious and the staff was lovely to work with! Katie was fantastic and decorated our cake exactly to specification - and she was willing to work with our florist to add live flowers that coordinated with the bouquets! Everything was so easy with them and our guests raved about the quality of the cake! So delicious!

Caitlin · Married on 06/17/2017

JCakes provided a two-tier cake for our wedding at the Pavilion on Crystal Lake (we did an assortment of desserts). Our chocolate cake with mocha filling and buttercream frosting was phenomenal! I can't wait to eat it again for our first anniversary (if we can wait that long!)

Sara · Married on 06/10/2017

Our cake was absolutely stunning, and it tasted fabulous! Their cannoli filling was absolutely delicious. We received many compliments both on how beautiful and how delicious the cake was!

Sent on 06/14/2017

Hey Sara!!
    That is fabulous news! Thanks for writing to us. I'm so thrilled everyone liked the cannoli cake. That's my favorite! Have an awesome Honeymoon!
    Take Care