J. Brown Photography Reviews

J. Brown Photography 7
  • Chris

Chris Bobowski · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing experience

We hired Jason because he took beautiful pictures, but after getting to know him we realize he offered so much more. Jason attended our walk through and met with us several times prior to the event to coordinate everything so it was one less thing for us to stress about. But the day of the event is where his talent and professionalism really impressed us. He makes you feel amazing when he’s shooting you with his direction and enthusiasm. He’s great at taking control and organizing people without coming off as rude or pushy. He was continually monitoring the weather so we made the best use of our time at each location and had us safely back on our bus so no one’s hair or makeup was compromised. He worked especially well with our other vendors (hair/make up, videographer, planner) to where it was a truly collaborative environment where everyone could operate and get done what they needed to do. There was no egotism or drama. Jason was truly the best person for the job and we loved working with him.

Sent on 06/15/2019
  • Carol

Carol Waldmann · Married on 10/14/2018

Beautiful pictures to tell our story

We got married in October and Jason was the best! He and his assistants were very professional while also being fun and nice. Taking so many pictures can be uncomfortable at times but they made everything feel comfortable and flow with the wedding day. Jason is very organized and will make sure you have all the pictures you want, and you can be sure they will be gorgeous. We absolutely love the pictures and going through them now bring back all the emotion and joy we felt that day. My sister is getting married in August and she already booked him for her wedding as well. His work is fantastic and we are happy we found him to tell our story on the best day of our lives.

Sent on 01/13/2019
    J. Brown Photography 8
    J. Brown Photography 9
    J. Brown Photography 10

Nick Miller · Married on 10/13/2018

Jason did an AMAZING job photographing our wedding.

He is very easy to work with and was great at communicating before, during, and after our wedding. You should absolutely work with Jason. He will capture every detail and moment of your event.

We will definitely work with Jason again next time we need a photographer.

Sent on 12/14/2018

Josh Hayden · Married on 10/06/2018

Professional, fun, friendly, and AMAZING pictures.

Jason is hands down the BEST! Because of him we had the best day of our lives, and our family and friends had just as much fun. I wish I could give him a 10 just for how much fun and cool he is. The first reason we liked him was his push to meet in person as much as possible, knowing the person (and having them get to know you) that will be capturing the special day allowed him to take some pictures that someone who didn’t know us may not have. After that he happily gave of examples of anything we asked for, answered all of our questions, and never was pushy to have us make a decision. Seeing the pictures he took of our day was the 2nd best day of my life, he was able to capture all of the things that were so important to us, along with my goofy and silly pictures, and had no issue being a part of our massive dance party to show all of our friends and family having a blast. He took our engagement photos as well and was thrilled to meet at our favorite bar first and then explore the lakefront and park. Not only is he a true professional with his personality and work, we’re also able to call him a friend by the end of the process and couldn’t be any happier.

Sent on 01/07/2019

John · Married on 07/07/2018

Our experience with Jason and his team was above and beyond our expectations. They were so fun to work with and very accommodating to our requests. The photos were truly amazing capturing both formal posed shots as well as candid shots of guests enjoying our Wedding. You won't be sorry choosing Jason, he's the best.

Sent on 08/29/2018

Blake · Married on 06/02/2018

Jason was fantastic to work with from start to finish! We interviewed 4 other photographers in the Chicago area and Jason clearly stood out as the best.

He was very flexible about finding a time to meet at his studio, and he's a very detailed and down-to-Earth guy who is easy to work with.

Our engagement photos were amazing and it was great to get to know him better before the wedding (he brought along a lighting assistant as well, which made the photos even better as it got later in the day). At the actual wedding, he included a second shooter and lighting assistant in the package and all of the photos turned out great! We had multiple guests at the wedding comment on how impressed they were with the professionalism of our photography team.

One of the best things about working with Jason is his state of the art technology. His photo quality is amazing and we ended up with a flash drive and an online gallery with over 1,500 photos. His web tools make it easy to customize albums and packages and you can tell that he spends a lot of time making sure that everything he offers is top notch. We would absolutely recommend Jason Brown Photography to all of our friends and family!

Sent on 07/20/2018

Stuart · Married on 03/24/2018

Jason was incredible! A true professional on every level. My wife and I adored working with him and his photos turned out amazing. We found Jason and were lucky enough that he was available to shoot our engagement photos and wedding. His styling was exactly what we were looking for in that he is a documentary style photographer. He makes the entire process simple and refined. I would absolutely recommend Jason to anyone looking for a fantastic photographer. He captures all of the moments in such a beautiful way.

Sent on 05/30/2018

Terry · Married on 10/28/2017

Jason was the perfect photographer for us. From our engagement shoot to the wedding, he captured the moments and memories that count. He goes with the flow which showed when our February engagement shoot was rainy and cold vs the snow that we wanted. The pictures turned out amazing and we received many compliments on them. On our wedding, Jason captured all of the moments that we saw and didn't see. He was there for the in the moment opportunities without even being noticed. It was magical to see our photos come to life in his studio presentation of them. He is truly a professional, easy to work with, and made it fun. I wish that Jason could be at all of our life events to capture the real life moments.

Sent on 03/04/2018
    J. Brown Photography 15
    J. Brown Photography 16
    J. Brown Photography 17

Kendra · Married on 10/07/2017

Highly recommend! Jason was recommended to us by another photographer. When we first met with him we were not 100% sure a photographer was in our budget, but after the meeting we knew that if it was, we had found our guy. He was super personable, we really felt comfortable talking with him and felt like he heard us, and he was great with reviewing pricing and packages. As cheesy as they can be, I love the "getting ready" photos and Jason and his team got awesome photos of my husband and I with our family and friends. Directly before our wedding it stormed like crazy, and we had to do most of our photos indoors, but it was a fun experience and we got some great shots. We even ran out in the rain with umbrellas as a rainbow was coming out and those are some of my favorites! Jason got some great family portraits, and he captured the fun of the reception. I was hopeless at walking down the isle, but I laughed the whole way and those are some of my favorite shots from the wedding ceremony itself. Couldn't recommended more. We were thrilled with the results.

Sent on 03/18/2018
    J. Brown Photography 18
    J. Brown Photography 19

Erin · Married on 05/06/2017

Jason was absolutely amazing to work with for our rehearsal dinner (we didn't want an engagement shoot and he was immediately willing to find something else that worked for us) and our wedding day! He was reasonable and helpful in planning the timeline, and his second shooter, Melanie, was amazing as well. We're totally in love with our pictures, but even better is that he fit right into the madness on the wedding day - my whole family was raving about how nice and funny and helpful he was! We were nervous that working with a photographer would be really awkward, but Jason is just really cool and great at what he does. He was responsive from the beginning, and was onboard with some of our non-traditional opinions and ideas. He also just seemed genuinely happy for us and happy to be a part of it. I can't recommend Jason highly enough!

Sent on 08/29/2017

Ashley · Married on 03/11/2017

Jason truly knows weddings inside and out and his knowledge is a huge asset while framing your big day. He has a great eye and an even better attitude; he was the perfect blend of calm and enthusiastic on our wedding day. He's also open to feedback and trying out different ideas to get the perfect shot, but also knows how to capture all of the small moments and details that are happening around you on your wedding day. Hiring Jason was the best investment we made on our wedding day!

Sent on 03/27/2017

Karen · Married on 10/15/2016

Can't say enough great things about Jason - he's collaborative, creative, professional and talented. Not only did our pictures come out spectacular but he made sure the whole experience was a lot of fun. Jason has a relaxed and easy going way about him that also puts you at ease. Together we were able to come up with a shot list that incorporated locations with special meaning to us as a couple and also made for some really beautiful pictures. Jason and team also captured tons of candid shots that day of us and our guests. We would highly recommend working with J. Brown Photography to capture all the special moments of your very important day.

Sent on 12/28/2016

Kyna · Married on 10/01/2016

My husband and I can't say enough wonderful things about Jason. He took the most beautiful photos of our wedding! From the very first meeting Jason was easy to work with. He was upfront about all the package details and worked with us to find the right fit for our needs and our budget. He had great suggestions for locations and made sure that we got the shots that were most important to us -- like the ones with our two, very excitable 50+LB dogs. On the day of the wedding, Jason and his team were on time, on point and a lot of fun. It rained on-and-off all day on my wedding day (every bride’s fear!), but Jason and team brought huge white umbrellas and assured me that we’d get all the images we wanted. We did! Whether we were in the bridal suite getting ready, on the minibus headed to our photo locales, saying “I do” or letting our hair down at the reception, Jason and his team captured all of the special moments that I have played over and over again looking through the photos. I would recommend Jason to anyone!

Sent on 01/13/2017

Maria · Married on 04/16/2016

We are so glad that we came across Jason’s work and that he was available to work with us because his photographs perfectly capture our memories of the day.

Our wedding was a short ceremony at the Chicago Cultural Center followed by brunch at a restaurant. We only decided in the last few weeks to hire a photographer. We were looking for a photographer with a documentary style, and we were very impressed with Jason’s portfolio. Luckily for us Jason was available and was very accommodating and flexible while we were making plans for our ceremony. He was professional, easy to work with, and even arrived at our wedding before we did. He is a friendly guy and fit in with our friends at the reception.

We were clueless and had no idea of what we wanted for photography. We basically only told Jason we wanted pictures of us in Chicago. He was able to take this limited instruction and gave us a wide variety of portraits that really captured the city and our personalities. Jason had a great and creative eye for posing us, and he was able to do very interesting things with the lighting for some really beautiful shots.

It was obvious from his work that he has a background in photojournalism because he was able to capture some really candid moments, and it seemed like he must have been everywhere at once. Our ceremony only lasted about five minutes, but he still got lots of great shots that captured all of the smiles, tears, and emotions of the day. He also had our photos edited and ready earlier than we expected. We received many compliments from our friends, and they appreciated how easy it was to view the online albums.

Jason’s photos beautifully tell the story of our day. He is a real joy to work with and makes you feel very comfortable. He was an instrumental part of making our day flow really smoothly, which is more than you can ask for on such a hectic day. We cannot recommend Jason enough, and we are thrilled with our photos.

Sent on 09/11/2016

Michael · Married on 04/03/2016

Two words describe my experience with Jason at J. Brown Photography, "Absolutely Phenomenal!!" (note: I am an avid Photographer myself) Right from our first meeting with my Fiance', parents and myself he impressed me with his professionalism and organization. He had a tablet taking notes and making suggestions for the wedding. Next at our engagement session downtown, he impressed me again with his outstanding creativity, technical skill. My wife is very shy and does not always feel comfortable with being in the spotlight, but Jason and his assistant put her and myself at ease and made a cold dreary fall day a lot of fun, and the pictures came back looking like an idyllic autumn setting in the city, my family could not stop talking about the colors. Finally on our wedding day he was there early with his assistant, and associate photographer to capture my wife and myself getting ready and he had a great plan and set up for the first look moment and bridal party pix....he made a wall by a dumpster and a lobby look amazing and cool. He was great and patient with my family getting all the portrait shots with all the combinations we wanted and made really interesting use of the features of the room to make some cool shots. The rest of the day was so great, he was never in the way, caught amazing and memorable moments, didn't overuse the flash and stayed til the very end of the night. After the wedding he has worked so hard to get us our pictures in timely manner, he even managed to rush them for us so my Father could see them before he passed away 3 weeks later, and is still helping us to put together our album at our own pace. All of my family and friends still talk about him and anybody would be lucky to have him for their events.

-Michael Grossman 8/8/16

Sent on 08/08/2016

Daniel · Married on 10/11/2015

Jason is a very talented photographer and a great guy to work with. He takes a lot of care to make sure you get all the pictures you want and adds his own (excellent) ideas to capture the wedding from a very experienced perspective. And Jason understands that every wedding has its own unique character and he makes that come through clearly in the pictures.

Sent on 11/30/2015

Chad · Married on 08/29/2015

My wife and I would like to thank J.Brown Photography for the great job they did for our engagement photos and our wedding day photos. Jason was very professional and detailed in the process. We were always aware of what the plans were and the schedule to optimize our time with friends and family. SERGIO!!! Was a treat as well. Such a good company with an awesome sense of humor.

Thank you all for making our wedding day unforgettable.

Sent on 10/28/2015
  • Katy

Katy · Married on 07/03/2015

The Photos that Jason Brown captured were perfect! Choosing a photographer was one of our hardest decisions till I met with Jason, I knew immediately with talking to him and looking through his portfolio books that he would be amazing. He has such a creative eye for photography, it is a special talent. Jason and his crew captured the moments of emotion of joy, laughter, and love with such a beautiful journalistic eye that looking back through them brings back all the emotions of those moments in time of the crazy amazing fairy tail day that seemed to go by so quickly but now with these photos we can relive those moments with just a glance. Jason was great to work with he was flexible with scheduling and even made sure that he could still accommodate us when we had to move up our wedding date. His professionalism and creativity puts you at ease with confidence that he is capturing the moments in an amazing way. We can't stop looking through our wedding photos, it is so hard to choose what photos we want to print since there are SO MANY AMAZING PHOTOS! J.BrownPhotography was worth every penny and more! Thank you Jason and crew for such and amazing job capturing our wedding!

Sent on 09/07/2015

Michelle · Married on 06/27/2015

Working with Jason was a blast! Jason creates the kind of atmosphere that makes being photographed for hours easy. Our engagement and wedding photographs were stunning. He was flexible and worked with us when we could not pick a single location for our engagement photos and captured moments with friends and family that we will forever have in photos. We loved working with Jason and he does wonderful work. If you are not convinced, I encourage you to meet him yourself.

Sent on 01/21/2016

evie · Married on 05/16/2015

Jason is nothing short of AMAZING!! His work and moments that he is able to capture are truly priceless. When looking for a photographer, everyone tells you the most important thing find a photographer who truly captured the emotion of joy, laughter, and love. That is exactly what we got from Jason's beautiful pictures! We hired Jason for our engagement picture, the rehearsal dinner and the wedding! I could not be more pleased with how everything turned out, the moments that you anticipate to have captured on camera plus a lot of uncandid shots of everyone and everything. Jason is a pleasure to work with he is easy to communicate with, schedule with, and comfortable to be around so the photo shoots are not forced or posed, his talent comes so freely and it translates to all the amazing pictures he takes. He is also such a genuine person who absolutely adores his job and its more than evident from the pictures he take

Sent on 08/11/2015

Alyse · Married on 09/14/2013

Jason is absolutely amazing. The pictures from our engagement session are gorgeous and made for a really cool guestbook. He was professional from start to finish and we felt that we not only had a great photographer at our wedding but also a friend. He was always open to ideas, creative with his surroundings and never intrusive. Jason is top notch and we are so thrilled we had the chance to work with him. We can only imagine what our wedding pictures will look like, but like our engagement photos, we know they will be incredible. He helped make our day one we will never forget and we are so grateful and so glad he was a part of it.

Sent on 10/22/2013

Anna · Married on 09/01/2013

Jason and Chris were amazing! They take such beautiful photos. My husband and I could not be happier with them and would recommend them to anyone who is looking for a great wedding photographer for their wedding!

Sent on 11/20/2013

Jessie · Married on 08/10/2013

I'm very pleased with the entire experience in working with J. Brown Photography!! Our engagement session was done in Chicago's Financial District and also Milton Olive Park (north of Navy Pier) and it was actually pretty fun and relaxed. I was confident that he was getting some cool shots. I just got the pictures back and am THRILLED with the results! All I can say is that Jason made us look pretty fabulous! :-) I can't wait to use some of the photos for my "Save the Dates" and wedding website. Book with J. Brown Photography, you won't regret it!

Sent on 11/25/2013

Jenna · Married on 10/07/2012

Jason is fantastic! He is very professional and open to all ideas; and of course, produces beautiful photos. He really wanted to make my day special. Jason shot my engagement photos and my wedding photos. The team he works with is also amazing. My wedding day, he was extremely flexible. He even brought an extra assistant to ensure I received the photos I wanted. I am so glad I went with Jason as my wedding photographer!

Sent on 10/11/2012
  • User2015509 · 2+ years ago

If we could give Jason 10 stars, we would. He traveled to DC, arrived two days early to scout locations, and adapted well when the weather did not cooperate. He was very professional and very aware of the time constraints associated with the wedding day timeline. He is very easy going and fun to be around.

He was more like a guest at the wedding than a photographer following us around, and the shots he showed us on his camera looked incredible. We extended the reception and went out afterwards and he was enthusiastic about taking as many pictures as he could. It is obvious that he takes his work seriously and is very passionate about capturing the emotion of the day.

Our wedding was this past weekend, so we haven't seen our pictures yet, but if they are anything close to the photographs from a friend's wedding that Jason shot last year, we will be thrilled.

Sent on 09/10/2012