Izzy B Makeup Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

• Mara
    Mara N. Married on 11/14/2021

Incredible makeup artist!

Brittany is amazing! She did a truly beautiful job on makeup for me, my bridesmaids, and my mom on my wedding day. She was professional, kind, friendly, and genuinely wants you to feel your best self on your wedding day. Brittany was also incredibly flexible when we postponed our wedding because of Covid. I had such a great time during my makeup trial and on my wedding day having her do my makeup, and am so thankful to her for making me feel like the most beautiful bride!! Highly recommend!
    Molly W. Married on 10/03/2021

Beautiful Makeup Artist and Lovely Friend

Brittany did the most wonderful job on my makeup for my micro-wedding. Because it was a more understated event she crafted the most perfect combination of highlighting more natural beauty and bringing some glam to my look. She also made it such a relaxing time for me, ensuring that I ate and really focused in with her at the beginning of the day! I can't wait to work with her again for our rescheduled reception for next year!

Updated with 2021 wedding date
    Working with Brittany for over 2 years now, I can't recommend her enough. I had seen her work before I got engaged and as soon as my husband and I had a date she was the first person I reached out to. She is a wonderfully kind person, traveling all over the DMV area to help out COVID brides who unexpectedly lost their vendors through all the rescheduling, and incredibly talented with her craft. I've never felt so beautiful but also she taught me so much about my own makeup, eye shape, face shape etc. that I could hopefully apply my makeup half as well as she did for me on my wedding date.

I want to get married 7 more times if it means I could hang out with Brittany!
    Sophie E. Married on 10/01/2021

Highly Recommend Brittany!

I am SO glad I booked Brittany for my wedding make up! She was very easy to work with the entire process (I was a covid postponed bride). Brittany made me feel so comfortable and beautiful on my wedding day, which was huge for me because I can be picky about my make up! I fully trusted her to do my "natural glam" and she knocked it out of the park. Not only did I love my make up but so did my entire wedding party (that is not always the case)! She is so good at her job and confident with her skills that my girls just let her go for it and they all looked gorgeous!
    Thank you Brittany!!!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie Married on 11/08/2020

Glam and Gorgeous

I had a wonderful experience working with Brittany. She did makeup for my mom and I for my small wedding in November. She showed up bright and early and made us look fabulous. She used a variety of brands on me which I loved and figured out which eyelashes worked best for my unique Asian eye shape. I got compliments all day from her talented work. I highly recommend her to any future bride!!
    Kelsey H. Married on 10/16/2020

Hire IzzyB makeup!!!!

I cannot say enough about Brittany! Hiring her for my wedding was one of the best decisions I made! I wanted a natural look and she made me feel so beautiful and exactly how I wanted to look on my wedding day! She also did my mother and mother in law as well as my 10 bridesmaids makeup! Everyone LOVED their makeup in fact one of the girls has even hired her for her own wedding! One of my bridesmaids said she felt more beautiful that day than on her own wedding because of how amazing her makeup looked! Brittany is such a kind person. With her relaxing, sweet, easy going personality, we loved having her around on the morning of the wedding :)
  • Katie
    Katie H. Married on 10/08/2020

Nothing short of AMAZING!

I cannot recommend Brittany enough. She is so incredibly talented at what she does. I absolutely loved my wedding makeup and received so many compliments! I didn’t have to say much and she knew exactly what I wanted. She did makeup for two of my best friends as well and they could not have been happier! She brought out the beauty in each of us. You couldn’t ask for a better person than Brittany to spend your wedding morning with either – she’s sweet, friendly, witty, and made me feel relaxed. She was also incredibly accommodating with our modified wedding plans due to Covid. Booking Brittany will (hands down) be one of the best decisions you make for your wedding!
  • Sarah
    Sarah C. Married on 10/02/2020

The Best Makeup Artist!

Hiring Brittany for my wedding was one of the best decisions- she is absolutely AMAZING! Brittany is truly one of the most friendly and down to earth people I have come across. Throughout the whole process, Brittany was professional and responsive to all communication and put me at ease. During my trial, Brittany took the time to understand the look I was envisioning for my wedding and completely nailed the look without even seeing an inspiration photo! On the day of the wedding, Brittany arrived early to set up and worked her magic on five different skin tones. Everyone’s makeup looked beautiful, natural, and made each person feel amazing. I had also broken out a couple of days prior and Brittany was able to cover it so well that I couldn’t even tell it was there! My makeup lasted perfectly throughout the entire night without any touch-ups needed. I couldn't recommend Brittany enough!
  • Kelsie
    Kelsie B. Married on 09/26/2020

Meant to be!

2020 was a heck of a year to get married. My husband and I were fortunate enough to be able to hold our 60 person ceremony and reception outdoors, but our day didn’t come without some hiccups to get there.
    Brittany graciously stepped in as my MUA for me and my 4 bridesmaids just a few months before the big day. Brittany was quick to reply to all correspondence and put me at ease with the quick change, I could instantly tell by our emails we would get along! My trial was about a month before the big day, and as someone that had never had their makeup professionally done before I was excited and a little anxious. I felt an instant connection to Brittany and knew I was in great hands; everything sure does happen for a reason! My trial results were stunning! I had explained (not so eloquently) how I pictured myself on my wedding day and Brittany knocked it out of the park! I wore my full face and lashes to my work out that evening (I know, I know…eyeroll), but it was a great way to put it to the test of what would come to be a long night of [distanced] dancing on wedding day. Happy to report my full-face and lashes held up through 60 minutes of OrangeTheory. An extra bonus that day was meeting sweet Izzy!
    Come wedding day, Brittany was set up and ready to go as our tornado of dresses and snacks flew into the bridal suite at our venue that morning. She followed every precaution while performing services and kept us on time through service for me, 4 bridesmaids and MOB. My mom had also never had makeup done, and we changed her from a la carte to a full face that day; Brittany went with the flow and made settling up then and there very easy. Makeup for all of us was done flawlessly! I felt like the very best version of myself on my wedding day, and that confidence is evident in all our photos. It was a little humid for our early evening, late September wedding I’m happy to share all products held up great through ceremony, photos and reception (even if my nerves didn’t!).
    If you get a chance to book Brittany for your wedding or event, don’t hesitate!!
    Justine J. Married on 08/29/2020

The glam you need

Brittany was phenomenal to work with. She was flexible and communicative throughout the entire process - I booked two trials with her and she was super responsive to feedback and my change in style.
    My wedding was in CT, and Brittany was willing and excited to make the travels work, which I GREATLY appreciated during covid. She was organized and made the logistics of her trip very easy for me.
    Brittany was also incredibly helpful in scheduling/advising on the timing for the morning of, setting up a schedule for the girls. She also worked with me to make sure the morning ran the way I hoped - for instance, I was nervous about getting everyone up so early, so she recommended gifting each girl their own lip color, which saved her 10-15 minutes per girl (a total of over an hour saved in the morning!!)
    Brittany was exactly the vibe every bride wants on her wedding day - she worked seamlessly with my hair stylist and was a great presence with my bridesmaids during get-ready.
  • Chelsey
    Chelsey N. Married on 05/30/2020

So very talented!

Brittany is like a magician! She is so incredibly talented and skilled in cosmetology. Not only is she talented, but she’s an amazing human who kept my nerves at ease on my wedding day! Definitely recommend her because of her professionalism and responsiveness.
  • Alexa
    Alexa H. Married on 05/26/2020

She's the BEST

Brittany is always my go to makeup girl and for my wedding day there was no one else I even considered because she kills it every single time!! She is so amazing to work with, ridiculously talented at what she does, keeps the vibe high, is so professional. She definitely went *above* and beyond for me on my wedding day and I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for an epic hair and makeup artist
  • Rachel
    Rachel Married on 12/21/2019

The BEST Makeup Day!

Choosing Brittany and Renee as our Makeup Artists was the BEST decision! They accentuated the natural beauty of each girl in my bridal party.
    I wanted a natural glam look for my big day, and Brittany achieved it flawlessly. I constantly look back at photos from our wedding day and the only sad part of it, is that I don't have her here everyday to recreate that amazing look!
    While I am a lover of the glamorous look, many of my bridesmaids were not as comfortable with different makeup looks. Brittany and Renee spoke with each of them about the vision they had for their makeup that day and turned that into a naturally flawless reality!
    Aside from their amazing work, Brittany and Renee were SO MUCH FUN! They helped calm any nerves I had before walking down the aisle. Thank you Brittany and Renee!!
  • Rachel
    Rachel P. Married on 12/07/2019

Goddess Vibes

Brittany is so amazing and I feel so grateful that I was able to hire her as my makeup artist for my wedding in December. Brittany brought such warm, vibrant energy to the day and made me and my wedding party look and feel gorgeous! Makeup and hair were at the hotel literally at the crack of dawn but Brittany was so kind and friendly and made the whole process feel seamless. As others have said, she is an expert in highlighting your true beauty, helping you shine even brighter with what you've got. My makeup lasted all night and looked great even through lots of tears and sweating on the dance floor. I can't recommend her services enough!
  • Olivia
    Olivia C. Married on 11/10/2019

Never Felt More Beautiful in my Life

Brittany with Izzy B Makeup was kind, thoughtful, funny, and professional throughout my entire planning process. I had so much fun doing my trials and of course getting ready on the big day with her. I had a very large wedding party and the getting ready time changed about 138457023 times but Brittany rolled with the punches. She is prompt and always smiling, she is very responsive, and of course extremely talented. I 10/10 would hire again. In fact, as long as I am in this area I will be hiring her anytime I need my makeup done.
    Katherine P. Married on 11/02/2019

Wonderful to work with and incredible skill!

Brittany was amazing to work with from start to finish! I highly recommend hiring her! As the bride, I loved how she made me look... it was exactly what I wanted, glamorous and still looked like me. She also did five bridesmaids and two moms, and everyone was so incredibly happy with their looks. I teared up when I saw my mom she made her look so beautiful, and my dad was like "oh hey" ;)
    Brittany went above and beyond to make sure the day went smoothly and that I was happy, plus she was a sweetheart to have in the room with us all day.
  • Haley
    Haley L. Married on 10/19/2019

Brittany is the best!

Izzy B Makeup was the perfect choice for my wedding! Brittany is simply the best! Not only is she extremely talented but such an amazingly sweet person. My bridesmaids, mom and I had so much fun with her the day of my wedding. I will definitely continue to recommend her to everyone I know!
  • Heather
    Heather H. Married on 10/05/2019

I’ve never felt more beautiful!

Brittany is nothing short of incredible! When i reached out to secure her for my wedding she was extremely responsive and I had a signed contract within the day! For my trial she made me feel so at ease. Not only did she ask me how i wanted to look for
    my wedding but she also asked to see photos of my dress as well as my vision board. How smart! We laughed and chatted for hours and it honestly felt like a Sunday with girlfriends! Plus, I looked like a bombshell! On my wedding day she and her associate arrived on time and worked seamlessly with my hair artists. They did makeup for 12 women plus me! And they managed to stay on time & everyone looked like goddesses! My crew ranged from teens to Moms, all eye colors, hair colors, skin types and Brittany and her associate listened to the wants of my girls and applied flawless makeup that lasted all night long and photographed beautifully! One of my bridesmaids even commented, “my skin has never looked so good!”
    When I got in the chair we pulled up my photos from my trial and on the spot I asked for changes and she listened to me and NAILED IT! I never felt more radiant, more beautiful, and more confident! Brittany’s passion and expertise is unmatched! She’s so talented & to top it off she’s an amazing human!
    Thank you, Brittany! Xoxo Reserve her today & it’ll be the best decision you make!
    Ashley B. Married on 09/27/2019

Hands Down, Best Makeup Artist

I can't say enough good things about Brittany! Not only was she super quick in getting ELEVEN gals ready for my wedding, but everyone looked flawless. She is fabulous about getting to know her brides, how they style their makeup normally, and make sure that every person looks and feels like themselves. My entire bridal party was thrilled with the way that their makeup looked, and I can't say enough about how beautiful I felt on my wedding day.

Brittany is also a great person to have a conversation with! She was a blast to hang out with on one of the most specials days of my life. I will definitely be using her for any future events where I just want to look my best.
  • Emily
    Emily Married on 09/24/2019
    I could not have been happier going with Izzy B Makeup for my wedding day. Brittany, the makeup artist, deserves 5 stars for her professionalism, exceptional talent, and creativity. In my opinion, Brittany is much more than a makeup artist, her aesthetic is stunning and unique. She possesses something you won’t find with other makeup artists. Her work is truly an art.

I hit it off with Brittany right away during our trial. She's super easy to talk to and is very flexible. She wants to make YOU happy, and when I told her my vision, she made it happen within the first application. She was SO excited and I was SO pleased. Going into my wedding day, not having to worry about things like how my makeup or my bridesmaid's makeup would look was great. Brittany made me look and feel like a golden goddess as I walked down the aisle!

What I like about Brittany is that one of her main goals is to accentuate your natural beauty. Not create a look that's completely different from who you are. I feel that it’s important for brides to look like themselves (their best versions, of course) on their wedding day and Brittany makes just that happen.

She did a 10/10 job on my bridesmaids and mothers makeup as well. Everyone was happy. She took into account each bridesmaids style and tailored all of their looks to what suits them, their taste and their personalities. I should also add that she did all of the girl's makeup herself.

We had so much fun working together and I can’t recommend her enough. I'm so lucky to have had the opportunity to work with her and hope that I can use her again one day for another event.

Thank you, Brittany!

Izzy B Makeup's reply:

Emily - you are a shining star and a brilliant fellow creative! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for allowing me to be present on the most intimate day of your life! It was my pleasure and honor to be of service. Your review means the whole world. XO
  • Jessica
    Jessica Married on 09/01/2019

I highly recommend Brittany!

I'm so glad that I was able to work with Izzy B Makeup on my wedding day! Brittany is so incredibly talented and a pleasure to work with. As a person who wears little to no makeup Brittany was extremely responsive and answered all of my questions putting my anxiety at ease. On the day of the wedding she worked her magic making me feel absolutely beautiful.
    Courtney N. Married on 08/03/2019

The prettiest I've ever felt!

Brittany helped me, my maids and moms feel AMAZING on my big day. Brittany was the makeup artist at a friend's wedding and I just loved her look, so I decided to reach out when we got engaged. From day 1 she was responsive, answered my questions quickly, and was just as sweet as can be. Pricing was competitive for bridal makeup with trial and bridesmaids. She was willing to work with those maids/moms who wanted a specific look, and recommended colors and style of makeup for those that had no preference - everyone looked FANTASTIC. It was quite warm and humid on my wedding day and, while I was sweating profusely, you would never have known from my makeup. My skin is naturally oily and shiny - the makeup lasted literally all day and evening without a hint of shine! She gave me the lipstick she used to reapply as needed. Brittany is also just as sweet as can be and really helped put me at ease during a very hectic wedding morning.
    Bethany B. Married on 07/05/2019

The absolute BEST

I absolutely LOVED my makeup for my wedding. I could not recommend Izzy B more! She was simply the best throughout the entire process. Hire her!!!
  • Alex
    Alex Married on 05/18/2019

Brittany made me feel like a special unicorn!

I felt SO BEAUTIFUL for my wedding! Brittany is incredible at listening and making your vision come to life. I love that I felty heard during the process, and that I still felt like I looked like myself during the wedding. I just felt like myself 2.0 ;)
    She was professional, fun, warm, and a true ARTIST!
    Caroline Married on 12/22/2018

you will FEEL so beautiful with Brittany!

Not only is Brittany an incredibly talented makeup artist, but she is an amazing person. You will love being in the room with her. She is easy to talk to, funny, creative, and relaxed. She brought the best energy to my group when we were getting ready for the big day, and we all felt so assured that we were going to look and feel our best after sitting in her chair! Brittany is so detail oriented, and so in touch with each person's unique beauty. Each of my bridesmaids sat in her chair and said they were open minded about their look, and at the end of the day, no two bridesmaids looked the same! Our group looked completely cohesive, but Brittany really accentuated each woman's features in a different way. If you have the opportunity to book Brittany, do it now!!!

Izzy B Makeup's reply:

Caroline!!! You are the BEST and I’m so honored to have been apart of those special moments before you walked down the aisle! You and your girls are the sweetest! 💜💜💜
    Karen Married on 11/17/2018

What an absolute delight!

We were fortunate enough to work with Brittany for my daughters wedding two weekends ago. An absolute professional, understands the needs of each person (bridal party) and just did a magnificent job for everyone. We had a large party for makeup, about 13 or so and she handled it all without a fuss. Would not hesitate to give her a call. FABULOUS!

Izzy B Makeup's reply:

Hi Karen!! Thank you for this marvelous review!!! I can’t tell you the amount of fun I had with you and everyone!!! Hope to see you again!!! 💜💜💜