Izzy B Makeup Reviews

32 Reviews for Izzy B Makeup

32 Izzy B Makeup Reviews
  • Emily

Emily · Getting married on 03/24/2019

I could not have been happier going with Izzy B Makeup for my wedding day. Brittany, the makeup artist, deserves 5 stars for her professionalism, exceptional talent, and creativity. In my opinion, Brittany is much more than a makeup artist, her aesthetic is stunning and unique. She possesses something you won’t find with other makeup artists. Her work is truly an art.

I hit it off with Brittany right away during our trial. She's super easy to talk to and is very flexible. She wants to make YOU happy, and when I told her my vision, she made it happen within the first application. She was SO excited and I was SO pleased. Going into my wedding day, not having to worry about things like how my makeup or my bridesmaid's makeup would look was great. Brittany made me look and feel like a golden goddess as I walked down the aisle!

What I like about Brittany is that one of her main goals is to accentuate your natural beauty. Not create a look that's completely different from who you are. I feel that it’s important for brides to look like themselves (their best versions, of course) on their wedding day and Brittany makes just that happen.

She did a 10/10 job on my bridesmaids and mothers makeup as well. Everyone was happy. She took into account each bridesmaids style and tailored all of their looks to what suits them, their taste and their personalities. I should also add that she did all of the girl's makeup herself.

We had so much fun working together and I can’t recommend her enough. I'm so lucky to have had the opportunity to work with her and hope that I can use her again one day for another event.

Thank you, Brittany!

Izzy B Makeup 8
    Izzy B Makeup 9
    Izzy B Makeup 10

Izzy B Makeup's reply:

Emily - you are a shining star and a brilliant fellow creative! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for allowing me to be present on the most intimate day of your life! It was my pleasure and honor to be of service. Your review means the whole world. XO

Annie · Married on 11/03/2018

Absolutely fantastic!

I'm so glad that I was able to work with Izzy B Makeup on my wedding day! Brittany is so incredibly talented. Leading up to the trial and the wedding day she was extremely responsive. At the trial she took the time to listen to what I wanted to look like and how I wanted to feel on my wedding day. I definitely felt that she gave me a look that was "me" and not a cookie-cutter bridal look. On the day of the wedding she worked her magic again and was able to get through my bridal party ahead of schedule. She helped to make everyone look and feel beautiful and my makeup lasted through 12 hours of kisses, happy tears, eating, drinking, and dancing.

On a personal note, Brittany is an absolute pleasure to work with. She is kind, funny, and has a very calming presence. She helped make getting ready completely stress-free and even gave my mom some great book recommendations! I highly recommend Brittany!

Ashley · Married on 09/22/2018

Brittany is truly an artist of makeup! I have had my make up done a few times and no one is as ever as good as she is. She made me feel so beautiful on my wedding day. Highly recommend :)

Izzy B Makeup 11
    Izzy B Makeup 12

Alexa · Married on 09/15/2018

Highly recommend Izzy B Makeup!

Brittany is the best! I had an incredible experience with her from start to end and I’m SO happy seeing all of the beautiful wedding pictures.

I had a great trial with her and was impressed by the time she put into doing my makeup—even during the trial and after long morning of doing makeup for 9 other people. She truly is an artist and took my loose vision for my wedding makeup and made it into a reality. All of the bridesmaids loved their makeup. She also is very flexible to change anything or adapt to any requests (I have sensitive eyes... she had no problem nixing the false lashes and being wary of the products she was using).

One other note for the germaphobes like me--Brittany always was super clean and clearly puts thought into making sure all of her brushes and techniques are of top cleaning quality!

Highly recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding makeup artist in the DMV area! As other reviewers have noted...she really is an artist!

Claire · Married on 09/01/2018

Brittany is an absolute gem on my bridal vendor team! I recently had my trial (before my engagement shoot) and it was absolutely perfect. She was accommodating, professional and friendly. I was a bit nervous going into the trial as I didn't have a good idea of what direction to take. But Brittany's artistic ability was incredible her ability to take what little she knew about me and translate it into make up that matched my style perfectly was what really shined through.

Lydia · Married on 06/23/2018

Brittany is simply amazing! Aside from being an insanely talented makeup artist, she is also just a really cool chick. I already knew I was going to book Brittany when my sister used her for her wedding in October. After getting to know Brittany over the past year+ and having the privilege to get my makeup done by her on more than one occasion, she felt more like family. Brittany is hands down the best MUA in the area. It's obvious that she is passionate about what she does and truly cares about her clients. She will absolutely make you feel like the most beautiful person in the world on your wedding day. I can tell you...all of my bridesmaids were most definitely feeling themselves. She is so sweet, accommodating, and easy to work with. She even stayed late on the wedding day right up until the ceremony started for touch-ups. She takes the time to get to know her brides and her makeup will truly reflect the person that you are. My only disappointment is not having an upcoming event to book Brittany for my makeup again! You can't go wrong with Izzy B Makeup!

Sent on 07/12/2018

Izzy B Makeup's reply:

...and I’m crying because you are amazing and have become family to me, Lydia!!! Thank you so so so much. Love to you!!!
  • Maggie

Maggie · Married on 06/09/2018

I had the pleasure of working with Brittany for both my engagement photos and wedding and it was absolutely one of the best decisions I could have made when planning my wedding! I could not be happier with how my makeup looked and photographed. She nailed the look I was going for without me even having to tell her exactly what I wanted - I felt absolutely beautiful but also felt that I still looked like myself. All of my bridesmaid looked incredible and had the same feelings. We got married on an unusally hot June day and my makeup held up throughout the whole night. Brittany was always on time and kept everything right on schedule on the wedding way without ever making us feel rushed. She is extremely talented and a pleasure to be around!

Izzy B Makeup 13
    Izzy B Makeup 14

Rachel · Married on 05/27/2018

Loved having Brittany do the makeup for my wedding! She did an absolutely beautiful job on all the bridesmaids and also on me. She was flexible in making any changes I wanted, and was a pleasure to have around in the bridal suite and during our trial. Definitely recommend!

Ana · Married on 12/16/2017

LOOK no further, Izzy B Makeup is the makeup artist for your special day. Brittany is beyond amazing. She recently did my makeup, plus 7 bridesmaids, and everyone looked stunning. I do not like to wear too much makeup, and was very adamant about looking very natural on my wedding day. Brittany executed my vision perfectly, making me look extremely natural and timeless! On top of just being an great makeup artist, she was so cool and friendly to hang out with on the big day.

Madison · Married on 11/25/2017

Brittany was wonderful! She was extremely responsive, helpful and accommodative, and made all of us feel at ease on the day of the wedding! She uses high quality products and tools, is meticulous with her work and has the warmest personality. Not to mention, her work photographs beautifully!!! I would highly recommend her to all future brides :)

Melissa · Married on 11/04/2017

Brittany is truly an artist! She is extremely professional, punctual, and honest. She instantly decided on a perfect look and color palate for my skin type and features. She was extremely detail oriented, and she spent a lot of time with me at my make up trial. On the wedding day, she was extremely efficient, and my entire bridal party looked stunning! Everyone was extremely pleased with their makeup, and we got a lot of compliments from our guests!

• Megan

Megan · Married on 10/13/2017

Brittany is an absolute dream when it comes to bespoke beauty! I found Brittany through an old friend/fellow wedding vendor who was married the year I got engaged. Looking through her images, I knew Brittany would provide both the experience and quality of service I was looking for. From super friendly emails to my in-home trial, Brittany felt like a old friend and made me beyond comfortable. As a beauty professional myself, it was hard to give up the reins on my “look,” and Brittany handled my concerns with grace and a warm smile. The makeups done on my mother and MIL were positively dreamy - everyone in the party felt (and truly was) beautiful! I have never felt so flawless as I did when Brittany finished my wedding day look - I would recommend and hire Izzy B Makeup again and again! Thank you for bringing my dark bridal vision to life!!

Christie · Married on 10/07/2017

Where do I even begin with Brittany...she is hands down the best makeup artist in the DMV area! She is incredibly talented and knows what type of makeup looks great on each face shape, skin tone, etc. It's like she instantly just knows what to do to make you the most beautiful version of yourself. Plus, my makeup didn't budge all day or night! Brittany is so sweet, easy to work with, always extremely punctual and prepared, and made our day so much FUN. Not only is she an incredible makeup artist, she is a life saver! She stayed late on our wedding day to perform last minute touch ups (not only on me, but all of my bridesmaids) and when the wind took a toll on my hair, she was there with a curling iron fixing it before I walked down the aisle. She truly goes above and beyond for each client. My fellow bridesmaids loved her so much, THREE of them have already booked her for their 2018 weddings. Thank you again Brittany for being a part of our special day and making me look and feel my absolute best - you are a rockstar!

Alicia · Married on 09/17/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Brittany. I had the pleasure of having my makeup done as a bridesmaid and then as a bride by Brittany. As a bridesmaid we had to get our makeup done pretty early in the morning for a late afternoon wedding, but you would have never been able to tell as the makeup held up until the very end of the night as if she was with us throughout the day doing touch-ups. I was also impressed by Brittany's ability to do a large bridal party with such finesse. There were eight different people who had their makeup done in a short amount of time and she made each one feel like a VIP, did an amazing job and never once came across stressed. Fast forward to my own wedding when I had a lot of things that I was worried about, but what kept me at ease during those months was knowing that I would look like the beautiful bride that I had always dreamed of because Brittany was doing it; and she did not disappoint. We had not been able to do a trial, but I had full trust in her that she would give me the look that I wanted as well as the look that would work best for me and my tone/structure/etc. She is truly an artist and I would even go as far as to use the term a magician. I could not have looked any more comfortable or beautiful that day thanks to Brittany. What is even more amazing and that is not something you can put money on is her presence and ability to read a situation. My hair was taking longer than expected and the normal wedding jitters/being anxious to see my groom had finally caught up to me. Brittany must have been able to tell because she started asking me questions that she already knew the answers to, but knew that it was 1-stories I would be excited to tell and 2-it would keep my mind occupied from worrying about everything else. She may not have even realized what she did, but it is one of the memories that stand out from the most special day of my life.

I can guarantee you won't be disappointed by using Izzy B Makeup!!!

Izzy B Makeup 15
    Izzy B Makeup 16
    Izzy B Makeup 17

Kerry · Married on 08/26/2017

Brittany was amazing to work with! I truly loved her work and she is also a great person to be around. Her prices are extremely competitive and she does fantastic work. She listened to my overall vision of how I wanted to look on my wedding day and also little things I wanted to adjust based on the trial. She did makeup for myself, my mom, and 5 bridesmaids and everyone was very pleased. You will not regret booking Brittany!

Lindsey · Married on 08/25/2017

Brittany was seriously the best! She was so easy to work with and extremely flexible, I had a lot of changes as to how many people were going to need their makeup done and quite a few contract revisions and she was so easy going. Her prices were also reasonable for bridal makeup and with the quality of makeups she uses, I couldn't beat it. She is fun and outgoing and I enjoyed the hours she spent in the bridal suite with us. Everyone looked gorgeous!!! Definitely use Izzy B!

Sent on 09/15/2017

Izzy B Makeup's reply:

Lindsey - you are a dream bride/client/friend! Thank you so very much. It was a pleasure getting to know you, your family and friends. You're amazing!!!

Krystina · Married on 07/01/2017

I found Izzy B Makeup through a friend and was Instagram-stalking her for awhile, so when I found out Brittany was available for my wedding, I was ecstatic! Brittany was a joy to work with - professional, friendly, responsive, and according to others, she made me look like I became a Disney princess, which is just downright amazing.

For my trial, I drove to her, and she had an army's worth of makeup - ready to try everything to see what would work best with my skin, coloring, and style. She took her time, learning the intricacies of my face (a chicken pox scar that can gather a lot of makeup, evening out my wonky-to-me eyes, figuring out the lashes that would work best with the shape of my eyes), which would help with knowing exactly what had to be done on the big day.

Speaking of the day of, Brittany arrived with the aforementioned army's worth of makeup and tackled all 8 of us with no time issues (thank goodness for a schedule!). She made all the ladies in my wedding party beautiful but still look like themselves (adjusting colors for those more natural or those that like a pop of color), including my mother and mother-in law. She was also able to make my MIL, who wears glasses and normally doesn't wear make up, feel pretty and enhanced, but not so overly made up so she'd be uncomfortable.

As for me, the bride, I still looked like myself, but indeed, like a princess version of myself - nothing like a set of faux lashes to really give you those Disney doe eyes :) I felt absolutely beautiful as soon as Brittany finished my make up, and just as beautiful hours later at the after party, after some serious dancing and sweating in the July heat and humidity!

I can't recommend Brittany enough and hope others are just as lucky to become an Izzy B bride!

Izzy B Makeup 18
    Izzy B Makeup 19
    Izzy B Makeup 20
  • Kathleen

Kathleen · Married on 05/07/2017

Brittany is fantastic! She is extremely talented at what she does and has this innate way about her to make you feel so comfortable, beautiful, fun and confident. She is an absolute doll to spend time with and applies make up to each person with such art, talent and purpose. As the bride she spent plenty of time with me during the trial and day of to make me as special and beautiful as possible, but also did make up for my eight bridesmaids and was very time efficient without any quality lost. Brittany’s customer service, responsiveness and professionalism is impeccable. I cannot say enough great things about Brittany and highly recommend her!

Alex · Married on 11/05/2016

I feel so lucky to have found Brittany! After my trial, I knew that I was in the best hands. Brittany is amazing talented at what she does, pays attention to the tiniest details and really listens to what you want, while also adding in her professional opinion. I was so happy with my wedding make up and I know my mom and bridesmaids were, too! In a chaotic room full of family and bridesmaids, Brittany kept me "zen" -- she is calm, light hearted and just a joy to be around. I've already started to recommend Brittany and Izzy B Make Up to future brides!

Michele · Married on 10/29/2016

Where do I even start?! Brittany is AMAZINGGGG!

From the beginning Brittany was so wonderful to work with. She is timely, responsive, attentive, professional, talented and does exceptional work. Not only is she a great makeup artist... but she is also just an awesome person!! So down to earth, funny and easy to talk with- she makes you feel like you are just one of her girlfriends :-)

All my bridesmaids, my mother and myself got our makeup done by Brittany for my wedding and we all couldn't have been happier! Everyone's makeup was truly breathtaking and I am so happy I booked with Izzy B Makeup for my big day. I would recommend Brittany 100xs to anyone!!!

Angela · Married on 09/03/2016

Brittany is amazing! She was easy to work with and very professional. As I was looking for makeup artist for my wedding, I couldn't find one that I truly loved until I was referred to Brittany. She loves what she does and it shows in her work. She was very patient with me during my trial and wedding day. She woke up at 4 am to come to our hotel room and do my makeup and 9 other girl's make-up and she never complained once! My makeup lasted until the very end, which was great!

Ali · Married on 05/21/2016

I cannot say enough good things about Brittany and her work. After 3 other makeup trials, I found Brittany thru a friend who used her for her wedding and was so happy with the results. She spent so much more time than the others crafting and perfecting the look. I told her I wanted bold and dramatic and that's exactly what she did in the most tasteful way. She is a true professional and perfectionist and when she's done you're left with a look that will blow you away!!!! She made my 6 bridesmaids and mom look gorgeous and tailored all of their looks to what suits them and their taste and personalities. I am so pleased with Brittany and highly recommend her for wedding makeup!!! Plus she's a ton of fun and makes you feel super special on your big day!! Thank you Brittany!!

Liz · Married on 04/30/2016

Brittany was such a delight to work with. She was very flexible and interested in what sort of look I wanted to create for my wedding day, but she also did a nice job of making recommendations or providing advice. She provided a complimentary trial, made careful note of my preferred products, and arrived early on our wedding day to make up all of the bridesmaids as well as the mother of the bride. She was timely, precise, and exceptionally artful. She encouraged me to go for some fun hues in my bridal look and I'm SO glad I went with the bold lip. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Michele · Married on 11/22/2015

Brittany's overhaul approach to make up is impeccable. I had my son's wedding make up done by her and it turned out striking. I could not believe the transformation and the attention to detail she put into it. I loved it so much I just might one day just have her do my make up for a simple dinner out. She is that good!!! I highly suggest using the artist as that is what she truly is.

Cheryl · Married on 10/18/2015

I do not wear make-up very much in my every day life, and I was nervous about wearing a ton of makeup for the wedding because I didn’t want to seem unrecognizable to my fiancé. Brittany expertly helped me feel at ease, talked me through the products she was using, and listened to my ideas and concerns. From there, she was able to craft a look that I loved, that my fiancé loved, and that looked great in the photographs! She also did the make-up for my three bridesmaids, and did an excellent job with them as well!