IYQ Photography Reviews

IYQ Photography 6
IYQ Photography 7
  • Noelle

Noelle Parent · Getting married on 09/05/2020

The Best and Easiest Wedding Decision I Made!

Kimie is an absolute dream to work with. She made my husband and I feel so relaxed and comfortable in front of the camera, and gave us perfect guidance so that our photos turned out amazing!

Not only was her photography incredible, but she was also fun to hang out with on our wedding day! You spend your entire wedding day with your photographer so it's really important that it's someone that you enjoy being around on the most important day of your life.

Kimie captured such special moments. Moments that I didn't even notice during the wedding, like my best friend wiping happy tears from my daughter's eyes and the expression on my mother-in-laws face after we were married.

Kimie was also VERY quick to get photos to us. The day after our wedding she sent me a handful of photos that I used to share the news of our marriage on social media. It was really nice to have professional photos to share. It was followed by a preview gallery and our full wedding gallery just a few weeks after our wedding.

I can't say enough wonderful things about Kimie. She is a wedding photography goddess!

Sent on 06/04/2019
    IYQ Photography 14
    IYQ Photography 15
  • Kirsten

Kirsten Marshburn · Married on 10/06/2019

Breathtaking photos that last a lifetime!

Kimie was phenomenal to work with. We had planned our wedding in under a month and were lucky enough to have her as our photographer through Waters Edge RVA. She made me feel gorgeous and comfortable in my own skin. The photos she took were magical and captured the sweetest moments with our closest friends and family. I never could have imagined them any more beautiful. She went above and beyond to ensure we had flattering yet romantic memories to look back on. My entire family couldn’t stop raving about how she made everyone feel included by capturing candids of them. She also helped make my husband and I feel so comfortable in front of the camera. There wasn’t a single moment she missed out on. She had previews available for us the next day, and gosh were they beautiful. We’re so incredibly grateful for having her capture our most precious day! We couldn’t recommend her enough!

Sent on 10/07/2019
    IYQ Photography 20
    IYQ Photography 21

Kera · Married on 11/11/2018

Absolutely Amazing!

Kimie is a goddess. I want to get married all over just so she can take more pictures! Having her as a member of our wedding dream team was simply that—a dream. She has an eye for beautiful shots, and a passion for (literally) capturing the moments that would otherwise be fleeting. She made us feel incredibly comfortable in front of her camera, and showed great skill in capturing both candid shots (for my husband) and portrait shots (for me), working with natural light and shooting at night. She was incredibly accommodating and responsive throughout the entire planning process and was super helpful in helping us map out the pictures we wanted before the wedding, during the ceremony, and throughout the reception.

When the bouquets and boutonnieres were delivered to the wedding venue and not the getting-ready suites, she quietly contacted our florist to resolve the situation before we even knew there was an issue. And despite running late on hair and makeup, she tweaked the photography schedule so I could still get the pictures I wanted without feeling flustered or rushed. This is her gift: providing professional service with the personal touch. It’s like getting pictures taken by a really awesome, super talented friend.

There is no debate: Kimie is a master in the industry, a Richmond icon, and an absolute gem to work with. She is a brilliant photographer and a wonderful human being. She embedded and invested herself in every aspect of our special day and produced the most beautiful photos—photos as loving, fun, and magical as the day itself.

Sent on 11/29/2018

B&s Walker · Married on 09/22/2018

Perfect in every way! Jaw-dropping photos we'll cherish forever

Kimie, in a word, is AMAZING. We don’t think we could have fathomed having such incredible photos from our wedding day. Kimie’s ability to capture the beauty in every person, scene and lighting is unparalleled. We spent a long time looking for just the right photographer. Our wedding started outside and ended inside so lighting was particularly important to us; we didn’t want the night shots to be washed out and we’d seen that a lot in other portfolios. But Kimie is truly skilled here. We had a highly diverse group of guests, and every single one was captured so beautifully in varied lighting! We don’t know how she caught so many priceless moments and expressions — it really is unbelievable!!

Kimie’s editing is also fantastic. One of our favorite photos evidently had a truck in the background, and you’d never know it!

Our engagement shoot was a great way to get to know one another - and those photos were a great way to get our guests excited about the big day.

On wedding day, Kimie is patient and focused — she’s determined to make sure she captures the shots she knows you really want.

We really appreciated Kimie’s attention to detail, and communication day-of, especially with so many people at our wedding. Our photos are jaw-dropping and make us so proud. Hire Kimie right away — she is a true artist and professional….you will be so grateful!!

Sent on 05/12/2019

Tiffany · Married on 08/18/2018

Our engagement photos are amazing! Kimie gave me exactly what I wanted before I even knew what I wanted. As a person who is not very good at posing, she was great at directing, giving advice and suggesting great poses. She really captured me and my fiance's personality and love. Plus, we had a great time! She was very professional, friendly and had great attention to detail. If you're searching for an engagement and/or wedding photographer, I definitely recommend IYQ!

Sent on 12/04/2017

Shana · Married on 06/14/2018

Kimmie James was amazing! My husband planned a surprise wedding ceremony for me since we were married originally in a Justice of the Peace ceremony 9 years ago. Imagine my surprise when my blindfold was removed and I am staring at Kimmie taking pictures of me, then see the entire wedding party standing at the altar as my husband runs up the aisle! Kimmie managed to capture every magical part of that evening...including the shock and awe on my face as I realized what was happening. I can't come close to describing how much her beautiful photos bring that moment back every time I see the photos she took...many when we weren't even aware she was there! She captured my husband and I, as well as our family, in the intimate moments where we were celebrating and sharing our love. If you want beautiful photos of any live event, Kimmie is the person you call!

Sent on 07/24/2018
    IYQ Photography 22
    IYQ Photography 23
    IYQ Photography 24

Meredith · Married on 06/01/2018

Kimie James did my wedding videography, and boy was she amazing! I was married Saturday June 2 and have already gotten my video! I have watched it probably 20 times already and cry each time. She captured the day perfectly and included all of the special touches and moments I requested. During the day I was a ball of nerves, but Kimie was calm as a cucumber and made me feel at ease. She is seriously worth every penny, and I cannot thank her enough!

Sent on 06/08/2018

Cathy · Married on 05/27/2018

Highlight Video Heaven

One of our closest friends got married about 4 months before we did and mentioned how much they regret not getting video footage of the ceremony, speeches and dancing. My husband and I were about our budget since we were paying for two weddings (one traditional and one normal) but really wanted to remember our special day. We met Kimie through our photographer and she listened to our concerns, worked with us and helped us with a timeline. I have seen some highlight videos in the past but the one she put together for us bought together all the highlights from our day, things we missed and even bought some emotion to my husband. It was beautiful and funny at the same time. This was the best money we spent to relive our wedding day. It is amazing how short of a time we spent with Kimie but she was able to pick up on a ll the things we felt were important. If we had to do it all over again, she'd be one of our first calls to book!

Sent on 11/02/2018

Valerie · Married on 11/04/2017

All I can say is AMAZING! Kimie is so professional, she responds right away, her work is gorgeous, very accommodating on meeting places/times, and she genuinely cares for her clients. She has shot several events for me and everytime she brings her 'A' game. If you want the best you can't go wrong with Kimie! When the event is over all you have left are the memories and the pictures, having an amazing photographer is a must have. Thanks again Kimie for capturing these special moments. You have a client for life!

Sent on 11/09/2017

Alyssa · Married on 11/03/2017

Kimie is absolutely amazing. The thing I wanted most from my wedding was just one or two fantastic pictures. Instead, I have a whole album full. She captured our day beautifully and we are so grateful for her talent and expertise!

Sent on 11/21/2017
    IYQ Photography 25
    IYQ Photography 26
    IYQ Photography 27
    IYQ Photography 28

Danielle · Married on 10/07/2017

Kimie is an amazing photographer. At the beginning of wedding planning, it was difficult to sell my husband on the idea of budgeting for an amazing photographer like Kimie. However, after seeing the photos from our engagement shoot, my husband had completely changed his opinion and absolutely loved them! Kimie was incredibly easy to work with from beginning to end. She is very easy-going, and she walked us through each shoot to make sure we ended up with stunning photos. All our pictures from the engagement shoot and the wedding came back very quickly. Kimie even gave us a (HUGE) preview of our wedding photos within a few days after the wedding, which the guests especially loved since we had an unplugged ceremony. Our final wedding photos were absolutely beautiful! I cannot say enough about Kimie and her work, and we hope to work with her again in the future! Definitely book IYQ Photography! You will not regret it!

Sent on 01/05/2018

Jaimee · Married on 08/05/2017

There is no way to overstate the value of having Kimie as your wedding photographer. It’s not that she’s fun, sweet, relatable, whipsmart, professional, and incredibly easy to work with—although she IS. It’s about her eye, which appears to be magnetized in some supernatural way to attract every key emotional moment. She is incredibly attuned to detail, will capture every guest, every special item you may have chosen or crafted for your special day, every random funny moment you didn’t think anyone saw. She perfectly rendered my mom’s reaction to seeing me in my dress, both my partner and I crying during our first look, us looking adoringly into each other’s eyes during the first dance. But she ALSO captured my burst into laughter when my husband’s vows seemed to correspond to mine (though we didn’t plan that), us hiding behind the dessert stand and playing air guitar later in the evening, our flower girl making embarrassed and somber faces: the little and awkward and important things that you would never remember later without a shot to jog your memory, but which bring that day back to life. She got us being playful, us being ourselves. And her shots are JUST GORGEOUS. I can’t imagine anyone has ever had a more beautiful collection than the one Kimie made for us, and I am indebted to her for life.

Sent on 11/09/2017

Michael · Married on 05/19/2017

My wife and I eloped and found Kimie through a mutual friend. Due to our special wedding we needed a cooperative, flexible, passionate photographer who understood us and it story. Kimie was all that and more.

From our initial consultation Kimie treated my wife and I with nothing but kindness, open mindedness, excitement, and the constant vision of our day: telling our story to loved ones who would not be there because we chose to elope.

Our day was perfect, in part to our officiant Melody Porter and Kimie. She had the challenge of shooting just two subjects all day and we can say with full hearts that the photographs are everything I wanted and more.

I would recommend Kimie to everyone and anyone! My wife and I also hope to use Kimie's exemplary services for other life moments who want to cherish later in our life as well.

Thank you Kimie!

Sent on 06/25/2017

Jennifer · Married on 01/19/2017

I just recently did a shoot with Kimie! She is so spunky and full of life! I had the best time and felt like we were best friends. She was very quick to help give me ideas, pose me and stand on various nearby items to get the "perfect shot" I only wish we had more time!!! I will definitely use her in the future and would recommend her to friends, family and STRANGERS LOL she is awesome! check her out!!!

Sent on 01/13/2017

Tiffani · Married on 01/14/2017

Kimie is a great person to work with and her work is awesome. She also patient. We had a fairly large wedding party but thru all the chaos she managed to fulfill all of our requests. I love the candid moments she has an eye for and captures. She is professional and prompt. IYQ has never disappointed us. Our wedding photography was so amazing pur wedding was featured in Essence.

Sent on 01/04/2018

anne · Married on 12/03/2016

Kimmie did a great job on our highlight video, we will forever be able to watch our video and remember our special day. She was there even an hour early to capture more of our day, which was a great surprise! She is doing a great job getting into video and we recommend her for future bride and grooms for a video to remember your wedding day!

Sent on 01/10/2017

Marissa · Married on 10/29/2016

Kimie was quite possibly the best decision we made in planning our wedding. She made us feel comfortable in front of the camera, encouraged and organized our large/loud family and the photos are STUNNING. She helped us the whole process with advice on vendors and budget. We had searched for several months to find the perfect photographer and I know that it is incredibly nerve-wracking deciding on an individual to document our special day. Take it from me and my non-photogenic husband, you cannot go wrong with Kimie. She is worth every penny and more! Thank you, Kimie for everything you did (and still do!) for Derek and I!!!

Sent on 11/30/2016

Jenny · Married on 10/10/2016

Kimie is easily the most talented wedding photographer in Richmond. If you want wedding photos that will literally make you swoon, you HAVE to book her! I am so picky about photos of myself, and I loved every single image from our engagement session. It was a million degrees outside (Virginia in July), but you wouldn't know it from the photos.

On our wedding day, she was was full of great ideas and totally patient with my crazy family. Trust her judgment when it comes to locations, poses, etc, because she knows what she is doing. Our preview gallery was jaw dropping, and I still can't believe those are my wedding photos....they look like I booked a million dollar photographer!!

Sent on 01/26/2017

Alaina · Married on 09/25/2016

My husband and I found Kimie through a photographer friend of ours. We had a destination wedding and we were super busy with our jobs at the time. She made everything so easy for us by keeping in touch via e-mail. The day of our wedding she was exactly what I wanted out a photographer. She was right there capturing our perfect moments without being overbearing. She asked what I wanted and followed my relaxed style that went perfectly with my beach wedding. At no point did I feel rushed or bombarded with having to take a million pictures. Kimie just followed me around without me even noticing. Whenever I wanted a picture bam she was right there and ready. I am so please with the way my photographs turned out! She is truly talented.

Sent on 09/08/2017

Lindsey · Married on 05/21/2016

Kimie is amazing!!! Her style and eye for catching sweet/funny/unforgettable moments are incomparable. She is so sweet and personable, by husband and I were comfortable with her instantly. Her and I were planning our weddings at the same time and I will always be so thankful that she came into my life during this time. We can't thank her enough for beautiful photos from our engagement session and wedding day that we will cherish always. My family and friends at the wedding all commented to me that they were impressed by her - when someone knows what they are doing - it shows!!!!!

Sent on 05/30/2016
  • User5420052 · 2+ years ago

Kimie was so easygoing and patient as we found our rhythm during our engagement photo session. She gave great directions and encouraged our own ideas as we walked around our college campus seeking ideal spots for pictures. The pictures came out beautifully! I definitely recommend her if you want a fun and creative photo session.

Sent on 09/08/2015

Tracy · Married on 10/10/2015

Kimie is AMAZING!!! I cannot express how wonderful and pleasant she was and what a fantastic job she did photographing and providing videography for my baby shower. I'm so grateful to have such beautiful memories of such a special occasion. You will not regret using IYQ Photography!

Sent on 01/16/2018
    IYQ Photography 29

Erin · Married on 07/25/2015

Where do I even begin?!?!? Kimie was exactly what we wanted. From portraits, down to capturing all those little things we don't even think about, she had them all covered and then some! Table settings, the cake, our rings and most important, all of our sweet moments you never expect to be captured at the absolute perfect moment, and we couldn't be happier! She had an innate way of making us feel as though we weren't just being photographed, that we were simply and naturally enjoying the day while she captured those perfect shots! I will never forget how much we laughed, my hubby doesn't like the picture part of any day, but she made us feel comfortable and was even able to break down any sort of awkwardness he felt. She spent the time perfecting the shots of the settings and location while we ate,( I hate having pictures taken while we are eating) and she kept on going finding all those details we put into with planning, so that we could remember all of it when we look back years from now. I'm so thankful to have been able to have her, and can't wait to use her in our anniversary shoots in the future! Thanks so much for everything Kimie, we can't say it enough!

Sent on 08/07/2015

Christine · Married on 10/26/2014

I want to give 10 stars.

Kimie didn't run away when my husband and I wanted to take our engagement photos at Busch Gardens. She embraced the challenge and ROCKED IT!

She made my husband feel comfortable and guided us through the process, made us laugh and the photos really reflected how comfortable we were with her.

Months later, we got married and Kimie NAILED IT AGAIN.

She is professional, easy to work with, funny, never bossy and her product is the best around.

I'm a wedding planner who had her choice of Richmond's best photographers and I never had any doubts at all that I was going to hire Kimie.

Sent on 01/31/2015

Kimi was absolutely wonderful! She made her price and her services fit my needs and she made sure to get every picture I had asked for!

Sent on 11/01/2014