It's a Shore Thing Reviews

100 | Santa Rosa Beach, FL

100 Reviews for It's a Shore Thing

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Candace · Married on 09/27/2008

It's a "Shore" Thing, i.e., Cheryl Walton, made my wedding dreams come true!! She was always there for me any time I needed her assistant. Cheryl always went above and beyond and her vendor recommendations were incredible! I did not have any problems with a single one of them. I would definitely recommend It's a "Shore" Thing/Cheryl to any Bride that wants outstanding results!!

Sent on 10/07/2008

Beth · Married on 08/02/2008

WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL!!!!

Sent on 08/28/2008

Kaci · Married on 05/03/2008

It's a Shore Thing is AMAZING!!!! Jennifer and Cheryl absolutely made my wedding dreams come true. I could not have survived without them.

Sent on 08/27/2008

Nicole · Married on 04/19/2008

Hiring "It's A Shore Thing" to plan our wedding was BY FAR the BEST DECISION we made in the entire wedding planning process. Jennifer was unbelievable and had every detail down to a tee. We didn't have to worry about a thing! I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend "It's A Shore Thing" if you are planning a wedding on the Emerald Coast!

Sent on 10/15/2008

Brittany · Married on 11/17/2007

There is not enough room to express how pleased we were with "It's a Shore Thing" wedding and event planning. My husband and I were so grateful for everything they did. They helped plan, put together, and suggest the best people for us to work with on our big day. I can honestly say that because of them our day was so amazing, perfect, and like a fairy tale. They took care of everything!! We had a 350 plus person wedding and a huge wedding party and they had everything so organized and were so professional. Our guests went on and on about them and how they had everything so under control. My husband and I miss not getting to talk them already!!! We definitely recommend them!!

• F

Frances · Married on 10/27/2007

Cheryl was attentive and totally together on what we needed to get done. I could not have done this without her. They day of event coordination was PRICELESS! Not a care in the world for the bride and groom. She was right on target re: the vendors for us to meet with and choose from based on our needs, expectations, and budget. I am totally happy with the service I got from It's a Shore Thing!

betsy · Married on 06/09/2007

it's a shore thing was great, and cheryl was instrumental in carrying out my wedding vision. she made everything work out beautifully, and even avoided any problems that arose. she was invaluable, and i would HIGHLY recommend her to other brides.

Melissa · Married on 06/07/2007

My wedding was beautiful, elegant, and classy. I always felt that they knew exactly what I wanted. They were a bit more expensive than other wedding planners in the area, but they made up for it in quality. They are very well connected and had great vendors to choose from for whatever your budget was. They helped me plan my wedding so well, that the day of my wedding I was relaxed sitting on the beach until I needed to go put my dress on!!! It was awesome! Jennifer and Cheryl are the best in the buisness!

Sent on 12/11/2007

McGee · Married on 10/04/2004

Hurricane Ivan roared through the Florida Panhandle just weeks before our 2004 destination wedding. Jennifer and Joanne, our wedding planners, evacuated with everyone else. The day after the storm, I frantically tried to get in touch with wedding vendors and had no luck at all. Jennifer called me that afternoon and said she'd spoken with ALL of my vendors, except for the beach house rental company, and they were all okay and able to do our wedding. I was amazed!

One week before the wedding, we got the bad news that the beach house we'd rented for the ceremony and reception was too badly damaged for us to use for the wedding. Jennifer and Joanne literally got in their car and drove around the Destin area, looking for a suitable location for us. And they found it! In fact, the beach house they found was probably BETTER than the one we'd chosen!

The service they provided was exceptional. Because of the hurricane, we came very close to cancelling the wedidng. Had it not been for It's a Shore Thing, we would have had no choice but to cancel and attempt to reschedule for a later date. Thanks for Jennifer and Joanne, we had our beautiful beach wedding, and it was perfect.

Sent on 11/10/2007

Bethany · Married on 09/20/2014

It's a shore thing did a great job with my wedding. Even though I'm a local, I wanted someone who knew the ins and outs and wouldn't forget anything. At first I was unsure about hiring a planner, especially at that price, but now I know it's a MUST and I would do it again. Jen2 was great... Very on top of things and organized!

Sent on 10/01/2014

Beth · Married on 04/06/2013

Jen2 at It's a Shore Thing was nothing short of wonderful to work with ... always responsive, creative, and professional. If you want a beautiful event where everyone has a fabulous time, my husband and I highly recommend It's a Shore Thing to coordinate your wedding!

Sent on 04/28/2013

Rachel · Married on 10/04/2008

Cheryl and Jennifer are absolutely amazing! Whether is was last minute help or meeting them a year befor the wedding, they always came through. If you need help planning your wedding, they ar the ones to call:) Cheryl is extremely professional and knows everything there is to know about planning a wedding in the area! Everyone they put you in contact with, or recommend is absolutely amazing as well! If you want a wedding that will be everything you have ever wished for, contact It's a Shore Thing for expertise and wonderful direction for your wedding!

Sent on 11/17/2008

Rhonda · Married on 11/01/2014

Just returned from my daughter's Rosemary Beach wedding and all I can say is Amazing!! It's a Shore Thing did a fabulous job we got to enjoy the wedding day with friends and family and had no worries! They took care of every detail from the time we met with them in June up until wedding day in November, Christie was so sweet and so pleasant to work with, she made our day exactly what she said..Jen is great as well! They directed us to the most awesome vendors you could ask for and we were extemely pleased with the services we received. Again, if looking for a planner It's a Shore Thing is the way to go they are the BEST of the best!

Sent on 11/06/2014

Kimberly · Married on 06/13/2009

I highly reccomend its a shore thing my wedding came out absolutely amazing and I didnt have any worries. I live out of town and only met with them a couple times before the wedding. There vendors were great to I have no complaints at all.

Sent on 07/16/2009

Kelly · Married on 05/09/2009

We really enjoyed working with Jennifer at It's A Shore Thing. She was so helpful with determining our vendors. We were not local and this destination wedding was made so easy because of this company. The day of the wedding I knew I had nothing to worry about and everything turned out much prettier and ran more smoothly than I could have ever imagined. Thank you so much for everything, Jennifer!

Sent on 05/26/2009

Alys S. · Married on 11/08/2008

It’s a Shore Thing helped plan and coordinate the wedding of my dreams. It was perfect! Literally.
    Cheryl and Jennifer were amazing to work with. From our first meeting 10 months before the wedding to the moment we pulled away from our reception, Cheryl was completely by my side. She patiently guided me while I developed the overall aesthetic and feeling of my dream wedding. She offered recommendations and ideas from her past experience but didn’t overpower me or push me in a specific direction. Every idea I had was met with sincere open mindedness and an effort to make the detail a reality. She shared in my vision and gave me the resources to plan my ultimate party. From recommending vendors that were able to fulfill our specific needs to up to the minute coordination, I really didn't have to focus on anything besides being with my husband, my family and my friends. I think we worked with about 10-15 separate vendors. I don’t know how they did it but it was totally seamless….and the best part…they held my mother’s hand and SHE WAS CALM. Amazing! Let's admit it....I was spoiled and it was the best day of my life. Now I just have to talk them into doing life planning and I'll be good to go!
    A sincere Thank You to Cheryl and Jennifer for all of their hard work! I love y’all!
    If you are the kind of bride that wants a beautiful, low stress, well organized wedding where all of your friends and family will have a blast and you can spend the whole week before enjoying time with your family and your fiancé, I highly recommend It’s a Shore Thing.

Sent on 12/24/2008
  • F

Stephanie · Married on 04/11/2008

It's a Shore Thing made my wedding day a breeze. I started planning the event a year in advance and the girls at IST were very attentive to all of my needs and made my vision come to life. We had a traditional wedding in a destination setting...the best of both worlds. Our guests raved that it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever attended. Totally worth it to feel "like a guest at your own wedding"-the IST motto.

Sent on 07/29/2008

Anne E · Married on 10/03/2008

3.5

Jennifer at It's a Shore Thing made my week/weekend a truly relaxing and memorable time for my husband, our dear friends and family and myself. If there was any stress I never felt it. I could focus on the party and the event and the moment. She took it from there!

Sent on 11/06/2008

Audrey · Married on 10/14/2006

It's a Shore Thing was amazing with helping plan my wedding. Cheryl and Jennifer were great about recommending other vendors in the area, organizing the details and helped me just enjoy my wedding day. They were very responsive to my questions and details and helped me plan a wedding in Florida when I live in Colorado. Nothing was left undone and everything was beautiful! Truly, the wedding came out better than I ever could have expected!

Caroline · Married on 03/24/2012

Jen 1 and Jen 2 know what they're doing. They gave me my dream wedding. Since we had a destination wedding, we really relied on them to run the show, and they did not disappoint. They did so much, including hooking us up with their favorite caterer, cake lady, and band. The wedding night was absolutely perfect. The Jens even fixed us plates of food and made us eat, which we loved. They orchestrated everything without a hitch, so that we could dance the night away.

Sent on 06/20/2012

Brooke · Married on 07/19/2008

3.0

Everyone was very energetic and nice! Very fun to work with, and we had a beautiful wedding!

Sent on 08/28/2008

Katie · Married on 09/01/2007

3.5

It's a Shore Thing was wonderful. They provided wonderful advice and gave us a ton of ideas and contact to many vendors. I recommend that the wedding planners have more vendor ideas. The DJ they recommended did not provide great service and actually messed up quite a bit. So I think that they they should have scheduled a meeting with the dj as I requested since I was unsure of his services to begin with. Besides that, they did a great job and I receive many compliments on their services at the reception. All in all, I was extremely impressed with how seamless the entire day went and would recommend them to all newly engaged couples.

Sent on 11/28/2007
  • Shanna

shanna · Married on 10/23/2009

3.8
      3.0

We had a beautiful wedding with no major glitches but I still had a few small complaints. Be prepared to be passed around to various planners within the company which was disappointing after spending such a large amount of money. Also a few small details were lost because of this. They were very good the day of the event and found wonderful vendors for us.

Sent on 11/12/2009

Casey · Married on 10/25/2008

2.4
      2.5

About a week prior to my wedding, we were contacted by a different person than we started out with. We began our journey with It's a Shore Thing with Cheryl, who rarely called us back (and when she did it was never timely), and if we ever called and actually got her on the phone for questions, she seems like we were taking up her precious time and she couldn't really help us. We chose the "Day of" package and were treated, by Cheryl, like second-class citizens because of it. It was only when we started working with JoAnne that we actually got the service we paid for. No matter what package you choose, you should still be treated like a paying client. JoAnne did this, Cheryl did not. Cheryl even made my mother cry at one point when she told her there was no way we could do a wedding on the budget we had. Well, I'm here to tell you we did, and we had a fantastic wedding. Upon arriving in Florida and working with JoAnne, everything was seamless and perfect. She is a true professional and I understand why she is so successful. I would recommend working with It's a Shore Thing if people could work with JoAnne, but NEVER if they had to work with Cheryl.

Sent on 11/13/2008

0.8
      0.5

Given that Shore Thing is the most expensive planning service we spoke to, we expected at least a token amount of interest in our wedding after hiring them. Instead, it was clear from the beginning that Arden was purely driven to plan us the same cookie cutter wedding she seemingly planned every weekend. We wasted countless hours over several months only to have Arden quit, speaking only through her boss at the end, and refusing to offer any refund of the substantial deposit.

Despite sending us a planning form, all of the information we spent hours writing was promptly ignored, and any time we brought up concerns, Arden promised to send us alternative options, but didn't do it on a single occasion. I don't know whether it was for lack of ability or simply laziness, but she did not seem interested in deviating from her one-track plans. Obviously, we became frustrated, and let her know. Arden did not have the courtesy to speak to us directly about any of our concerns.

Basically, if you want a $100k+ cookie cutter wedding, Shore Thing is probably a fantastic choice for you. Otherwise, they wouldn't be our choice...

Sent on 10/16/2014

It's a Shore Thing's reply:

It’s a Shore Thing is absolutely devastated to hear that any bride has had a negative experience during such an important time in their lives - especially one of our brides. For families, weddings are emotional reckonings and are sometimes just too overwhelming for brides and grooms to handle easily. The mother of this bride was our client in this matter and she was amazing to work with. We were so excited to help her plan her daughter's wedding events. Unfortunately, there were extraordinary circumstances in this one case that caused us, for the first time, to cease all planning and end our agreement. We do not feel that Wedding Wire is the appropriate forum to discuss the details surrounding our decision to NOT plan this particular wedding, and hope that anyone reading this review will understand. It’s a Shore Thing has more than 80 other reviews which are all VERY positive and we hope that this gives readers a more informed view of our reputation.