Ithaca Yacht Club Reviews

Ithaca Yacht Club View more information

Rachel L. Married on 10/06/2019

Amazing lakeside wedding venue!

We can’t say enough good things about Racquel and IYC! They saved our wedding! 76 days before our wedding we contacted Raquel at Ithaca Yacht club in a panic when our other venue had to cancel on us.
    Racquel stepped up and delivered our vision, which involved a lot of coordination with rental companies and video chatting with the brides as we live in a different state! It was an October wedding and we wanted a semi-outdoor wedding, so we rented a heated tent that could accommodate our 130 person wedding and enjoy the gorgeous view they have from their property! They were extremely flexible and worked with us to deliver great food options. They accommodated our large band, food swaps, special alcohol requests and a smores bar in their fire pit!
    Racquel was responsive and the portal they use made it easy to keep track of the items we had requested and the costs.
    The IYC staff was friendly and their open bar wasn’t stingy on their pours! (we got multiple guests who commented on how great this was)
    Attached photos are from Maggie Gallagher, who I also highly recommend! http://www.maggiegallagherphotography.com/

Rachel & Steph,
    We are so happy the wonderful McCarthy tent and rentals on the lake front matched your vision: it was a glorious setup! I truly enjoyed working with you both and your sweet family to make this happen. The band kept this event so bright and lively, matching your adoration for one another: it's so great to see this!!

We wish you both the absolute best and thank you again for choosing our services. Happy New Year!!
  • Melissa
    Melissa G. Married on 09/07/2019

Beautiful Lakeside wedding

My husband and I hosted our wedding July of 2018 at IYC and we were thrilled with the results!

Originally, we were going to do a formal plated dinner, but instead went with buffet stations with a variety of options since we were going for a more casual lakeside wedding feel. The food was unique and fresh and caters to many dietary restrictions, so even my mother, who suffers from severe food allergies, commented that she was able to eat everything and it was the first wedding that she had attended where this was the case. One of our friends who attended still comments on how this was the best food he has ever had at a wedding!

My brother, who was visiting with his family from Washington State, commented "now, this will be the PERFECT wedding if there is a s'mores station" and then realized there was one!

Our guests really enjoyed themselves, and so did WE!

One issue that arose: Apparently, the vendor shipped the wrong tent and then left before it was installed, and Luna's managed to finish the job--no sweat-- without me realizing there was ever a problem.

They took care of everything. Presented fun and flexible ideas that were tasteful and within our budget. Everyone had fun. What more could we ask for?

Ithaca Yacht Club's reply:

This was such a wonderful sun shiny day to be a part of. Your menu was a really fun way to expose guests to the idea of stations - a way to bring a variety of tastes and create movement: thank you for working with us to perfect this! We appreciate the kind thought you put towards this and wish you both the absolute best!! Thank you.
  • User1354981 2+ years ago
    H&J Hospitality were excellent to work with during the entire wedding planning! I worked closely with Kelly and she was always accommodating and willing to meet whenever needed. They were very flexible with planning and even helped make so many decisions for me, which took a lot of stress away! H&J handled all of the rental equipment that I needed, catering, coordinated with my florist, baker, and entertainment! It was like I had a personal wedding planner! The venue was gorgeous and I would not have wanted our wedding anywhere else! Thank you H&J Hospitality for all of your help and making our wedding perfect!
    Tara Married on 08/03/2012
    I had my rehearsal dinner at The Yacht Club and I could not be happier with our experience and everything they provided. First, it was the most beautiful and scenic setting to host any event. Nestled right there next to the lake with all the beauty surrounding us, it was really special. Our dinner was held under the tent in the back. It was just perfect. Also the food was AMAZING. We had it catered by H&J Hospitality who provide all catering services for the venue (they also catered our wedding the following evening). We chose the backyard BBQ option and had an open bar with house beers and wines. After dinner, we had a bonfire in the fire pit on the grounds near the lake and our guests roasted marshmallows and ate s'mores. Kelly, who is the event manager, and Adrienne, the catering manager, were an absolute joy to work with and were so flexible and eager to please. I would not hesitate to recommend their services to anyone!!!
    Makenna A. Married on 07/18/2020

This vendor kept in touch with us and was very friendly!

The Ithaca Yacht Club kept in touch and was very flexible. They were friendly and gave us all the information.

Ithaca Yacht Club's reply:

Thank you for your review of our services. We greatly appreciate it! It was our pleasure to assist.