Islander Resort Reviews

38 Reviews for Islander Resort

• Jenna

Jenna Demczak · Married on 09/04/2020

Beautiful Experience!!

The Islander is most impressive wedding venue in the keys. We had our ceremony on the beach, cocktail hour under the palm trees, and reception on the terrace all on the north side of the property, which felt so private and was very convenient for our guests. The hotel and banquet staff were wonderful!! We postponed our wedding from March to September and everything turned out the way it was meant to be. Our guests are already talking about making plans to go back and visit the Islander, it will always hold a special place in all of our hearts. We had an amazing experience.

Sent on 09/09/2020

Sarabeth Bazar · Married on 07/31/2020

Absolutely incredible!

After we first stayed at the Islander in May 2018, we knew it was where we wanted to get married one day. From the pristine grounds and the delicious food, to the incredibly kind staff and gorgeous rooms, our wedding weekend was hands down the best weekend of our lives. The wedding planning process felt easy when being able to work with such laid back, expert professionals. Despite the global pandemic and a looming Tropical Storm, Amanda and her team eased every single one of our fears, leading us to have the wedding of our dreams. We can never thank the Islander enough for being such an integral part of our history. We have already decided we will be back for a vow renewal one day, and at least every year moving forward! Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts!

Sent on 08/04/2020

Natalie Lichtefeld · Married on 07/11/2020

Great experience

Planning a wedding from 1000 miles away was daunting, but once we found the Islander, it became much easier. Amanda was super helpful and easy to work with. The wedding was perfect and all of our friends and family absolutely loved the resort. You won’t regret having your wedding here.

Sent on 07/15/2020
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 07/04/2020

Perfect Destination Wedding!

When we were first looking at wedding venues, the Islander immediately appealed to us for its beachfront setting and "dog friendly" rooms. Once the pandemic hit, our wedding numbers went way down and were debating rescheduling our July 4th wedding. Ultimately we decided to go for it and we are so glad we did! The Islander was more than accommodating with the ever-changing situation and was the perfect place to host our friends and family. Dan Martin was especially helpful and worked closely with my family to make sure our day was everything we wanted it to be. We had SO much fun and will definitely return for anniversaries!

Sent on 07/13/2020
  • Jenna

Jenna Kraft · Married on 04/04/2020

Perfect Wedding Venue, Amazing Staff, and Dog Friendly!

Every aspect of our wedding at the Islander could not have been more perfect. From the lush landscape, to the overly friendly and helpful staff, to the excellent food, the Islander exceeded all expectations. Our April 2020 wedding was postponed at the last minute due to COVID, and the team at the Islander was helpful and communicative throughout the entire process. They made things so much easier and less stressful for us. We were able to secure a new date in November 2020 and we had a smaller yet perfect wedding. Everyone at the Islander went above and beyond in terms of making sure that our wedding weekend went seamlessly, including bringing in truckloads of sand to rebuild the beach that was damaged by Tropica Storm Eta the week before our wedding. The Islander puts their guests above all else, and we couldn't be more grateful to have worked with them and chosen the Islander for our wedding venue. They were also super accomodating for our two dogs, which stayed with us for the weekend and were in the wedding ceremony. All of our wedding guests raved about the Islander all weekend. Special thanks to Dan, Amanda, and Patrick for being so incredible. We can't recommend this place highly enough, and we're looking forward to our next stay at the Islander!

Sent on 11/30/2020
  • Michelle

Michelle Gronquist · Married on 02/28/2020

Gorgeous Venue and Resort

The Islander Resort was the most stunning venue I could have ever asked for my wedding to be celebrated. Our amazing on site event coordinator was Denise who was such a pleasure to work with. Planning a wedding from St. Augustine, FL that’s being held in Islamorada, Florida Keys was tough but having Denise as our point of contact made things run so much smoother. I wouldn’t change a thing about our whole experience and I would highly recommend The Islander Resort to anyone looking for a wedding venue.

Sent on 07/01/2020
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Horton · Married on 01/19/2020

Couldn't be happier!

I cannot say enough great things about the location, lushness of the grounds, staff, etc. Our wedding was in January, and it was perfect. Amanda was so easy to correspond with since we live states away. Her responsiveness, help with vendors, flexibility, etc. was unmatched. She truly is the shining star of the Islander! You will not beat the views here, warmness of the staff, and guest rooms/accommodations; trust me, we looked! Couldn't be happier with how our special day turned out.

Sent on 02/07/2020
  • Nicole

Nicole Driver · Married on 11/16/2019

5 star experience

Seamless experience at the Islander. Lots of options available at reasonable prices. They very patient with us as our planning evolved over the course of a few months and promptly requoted as we wanted to price out different scenarios for dinner. Communication was excellent. A team met with us a few days before our event to walk through where things would be set up on the grounds. When we had a different idea than what they 'usually' did, they quickly adjusted and set up exactly how we asked. They even set out our sign in book and sand ceremony rather than us having to task someone to do that the day of. And for our favors, someone actually double sided taped our name tags on them so they wouldn't blow away. Little details like allowed us to just enjoy the day!

Sent on 11/26/2019
  • Whitney

Whitney · Married on 04/13/2019

Amazing venue and amazing people!

Where do I even begin to explain how amazing everyone at the Islander is, and what an incredibly gorgeous venue they offer? I planned a wedding in Islamorada from Georgia, with my husband living half the time in the Keys and half the time in Atlanta....everything about it was crazy. But from the first contact with Denyse, she made everything as easy and smooth as she possibly could. Denyse treats your wedding like her own. Your visions, wishes, wants, needs, and fear and uncertainty all become her visions, wishes, wants and needs, and she completely takes away the fear an uncertainty. She makes you feel like she lives and breathes your wedding from day 1 until the magical night is over. Any time I had a question (or 20), no matter how big or small, even down to the tiniest minute detail that seems silly, she was only a quick phone call away. She ALWAYS responds immediately, and ALWAYS helps. She worked with me on our budget and expectations, read my mind and completed my sentences a few times, and truly made us feel so special. I felt like we made a friend. She is amazing in every way. No wedding planning process is perfect, and life presented a few hurdles during ours (which had nothing to do with the Islander), but Denyse helped in every single way possible and did it flawlessly. She is one of those awesome people that give 1000% and go above and beyond in everything.
    The other staff members are fantastic to work with as well! Connie and Taylor helped with all of the logistics and coordination of guest rooms and suites, and were always happy to answer my questions. I must have called Connie 5 or 6 times to try to figure out where to put ourselves and family, and she was always so helpful and kind and always had great advice.
    Patrick was incredible the day of our wedding. He truly executed on detail, and was always on top of everything. The small touches truly matter, and Patrick definitely pays attention to those. For example, I fully expected to never even see a crumb of an hors d'oeuvre from our cocktail hour, and that was okay. But we were so delighted when Patrick brought out a little plate of everything from our cocktail hour. We were just excited we got to try it and it meant a lot to us he had thought about that. The entire evening went flawlessly....but if something didn't, Patrick and the staff definitely made sure we didn't even notice!
    All of our food was sooooo good! We picked a menu and had a plated dinner, which was delivered beautifully. It's difficult to serve a lot of wedding guests all at once and not either lose someone in the process, or have some guests waiting for a while to receive their food. That absolutely did not happen, and everything was hot, fresh, DELICIOUS, and cooked perfectly.
    I can't even tell you how truly beautiful the property itself is post remodel. It is absolutely stunning. We spent a lot of time at the Islander before the hurricane so we had no doubt it would be just as beautiful, but we were absolutely floored during our first visit. The rooms are so gorgeous, the attention to detail is unbelievable, and the owner's wife is out there herself literally on her hands and knees in flower beds making sure everything is immaculate and perfect. I was a little nervous about a few details since the property was just finishing up the final touches right around the time of our wedding. Looking back on that, it was clear I completely wasted my time giving that even a second thought, because the entire staff (owner included) paid attention to every detail of how our wedding weekend would look to us and our guests.
    It also seemed to me that all of the staff at the resort had been trained with that "Ritz Carlton" white glove style level of service in mind. At check in, the girls are so polite and gracious while offering a glass of prosecco, and any time you pass any staff member they ALWAYS looked you in the eye and greeted you. That level of detail is a big one and everyone should get a pat on the back for that!
    The property amenities are amazing too! Our guests had a blast all weekend, and we even ended up having an accidental impromptu pool day with many of our guests the day before our wedding! That was one of everyone's favorite memories from the entire weekend! I can't imagine how many Miami Vice and Rum Punch drinks were made by the bar that day!
    It is so nice to get to spend that much time with your guests! To me, that was one of the very best things about a destination wedding at a resort! The Islander was so perfect for that!
    I'm sure I have missed a detail to write about during our experience, but suffice it to say literally everything was perfect. I truly mean that. Absolutely everything. Thank you from the bottom of my heart to Denyse, Patrick, Connie, Taylor, and the rest of the Islander staff that had a hand in our wedding weekend. My eyes fill up with tears writing this just thinking about the truly perfect wedding we had. It couldn't have been done without all of you and how much you cared. We are so grateful!

Sent on 08/20/2019
  • Bridgett

Bridgett · Married on 02/23/2019

Beautiful venue!

We booked with Islander at the beginning of 2017 for our planned Feb 18 wedding. Due to Hurricane Irma, we postponed our wedding another year. The Islander had suffered a lot of damage and had to close their doors to renovate. When they did open again, we were amazed how gorgeous it was. The landscaping is breath taking. The rooms are gorgeous. There were two weddings the day of ours and the Islander did a fantastic job. The food was outstanding, the service phenomenal. Denyse worked with us for 2 years to make sure we had the wedding of our dreams. And we did. The staff at the Islander could not have been any nicer. All our needs were met for our guests including my 100 year old grandfather who they made sure had a ride to every event. Our wedding was so fun and beautiful that all our guests were blown away. Many will be returning for their own vacations! We will be back for every anniversary! Thank you Islander!

Sent on 04/01/2019

Sacha · Married on 03/19/2017

I couldn't have asked for a better wedding venue than Guy Harvey. Denyse, Taylor, Patrick, and all the others who helped set up and pull off the best wedding ever were kind, thoughtful, helpful, and best of all fun. I never felt confused or with unanswered questions. They even allowed us to try a new set up for the ceremony and we're full of ideas and helpful suggestions to make it flawless. I can't say enough about our most perfect wedding day. Thank you so much!

Sent on 03/27/2017

liz · Married on 03/19/2017

From the first moment we arrived when checking out possible venues in the area we knew that the Islander Guy Harvey Outpost in Islamorada would be the perfect place for our daughter's wedding in Paradise. Even without an appointment, Denyse was so welcoming and took time to show us around and offer advice and ideas. She held our hands all the way, for six months by phone and e.mail prior to the event and literally on the day. She was able to see it all through our eyes and knew exactly what we needed, even before we did. Taylor did a wonderful job coordinating rooms and guests. With a casual welcome party the night before and the actual ceremony and reception the next day Patrick, Joe and Paul made both events go so seamlessly. This team of professionals know just how to blend friendliness and professionalism. 5 out of 5 is not a high enough score. Thank you, so much.

Sent on 03/23/2017

Rebecca · Married on 09/09/2016

Karly Campbell, Patrick, Taylor, Loulou and entire Islander staff were wonderful for our destination wedding in September 2016. The Islander has it all for a wedding and reception or just a great vacation in the Keys. Karly was incredible and handled all the coordination and vendors for our big day. As a bride I expected to have to take care of a lot of things but Karly handled it all. It was the most stress free experience. The wedding turned out gorgeous on the beach and the reception on the terrace was a blast. All our of guests loved the food. The rooms, pools and restaurant were great for having so many people travel in. I would recommend Islander and Karly and crew to anyone looking for a beautiful destination wedding in the Keys.

Sent on 10/04/2016
  • Kacie

Kacie · Married on 05/14/2016

I spent a week in Islamorada looking at potential wedding venues. I checked out pretty much everywhere possible and absolutely fell in love with the Islander! The location was perfect. I was really looking for some where relaxed that our guests would love. There’s so much to do at the Islander. The beach is huge and gorgeous, the pools are amazing and the Tiki Bar area is super fun! I’m so happy I had the wedding of my dreams here!

Working with Connie on our room block was SUCH a pleasure. I even stopped by wedding week to give her a big hug. She was so helpful!

Karly and Denyse were fantastic to work with! They made sure everything went smoothly the day of the wedding and the food was sooo good!

Patrick was amazing! We met a few days before the wedding and I knew I was in good hands after we all did the final walk through! I can’t wait to come back to the Islander!! It’s a perfect vacation spot and an even better place for a wedding!!!

Sent on 05/31/2016

Hillary · Married on 12/12/2015

I had my wedding here last weekend and it was perfect. The resort is beautiful, the staff is helpful and everything was amazing! A big shout out to Corie and Patrick who helped me along the way and during the event. The food was incredible (everybody was raving about it), the service was great, and it was just a beautiful wedding! Thank you for making my dream wedding come true!!

Sent on 12/15/2015

Monica · Married on 10/09/2015

We had the wedding of our dreams at The Islander a few weeks ago and our guests are still commenting on what a beautiful venue it was and how fantastic the food was!
    Connie and Corie were both great to work with and were always an email or a phone call away, which was great as we are not local in the Keys. They always made me feel special and happy to answer whatever questions I had. Connie in the Group Sales was very accomodating and understanding when helping me with our room block and I do not have enough nice things to say about Corie, the banquet/catering manager. She was amazing to work with and helped put together our special day. (And we can't forget Patrick, who was on duty the night of our wedding and tended to our every need!) Thank you all for an amazing night!

Sent on 10/26/2015

ashley · Married on 03/17/2015

We had our destination wedding and reception here. They could not be more accommodating and helpful throughout the entire planning process. Corie always responding quickly to all of my questions and we were even upgraded at no additional charge the week before the wedding! The location is stunning and so romantic!!!

Sent on 03/25/2015

Melissa · Married on 12/13/2014

I just can't say enough about how great this venue is, we looked one year prior to our date and we knew right away this was the place for us. We were not dissapointed, the Islander Staff, especially Corie were so attentive to our needs and were ready to provide anything that was needed. Our wedding was small, only 30 people, so we were married on the beach in front of the kissing palm trees and our reception was on the tiki bar patio. Everything was so beautiful! I added bistro lights over the area, so glad I did, it looked amazing! The food was incredible, everyone loved the seviche. Our bartenders were a blast. Everyone took such great care of us and the setting is just perfect. I will cherish every memory from that day. Thank you Islander, we will be back on our anniversary.

Sent on 12/23/2014

Brittany · Married on 05/31/2014

We are so happy with how our wedding turned out at the Islander Resort. The staff were very friendly and met with me about four times in person prior to the wedding to discuss all of the details. They were very professional and gave me all the information I needed to plan my destination wedding. I was surprised by how attentive all the staff were at our rehearsal dinner and on our wedding day. They make sure everything is how you want it and they make you feel special. The resort had just been turned into a Guy Harvey Outpost and my Husband loves everything Guy Harvey, so we knew it was the perfect place for us to get married. We had such a great time on our wedding day and all our family and friends did as well. We are thankful the Islander Resort could make our day so special. I would definitely recommend having your wedding at the Islander Resort.

Sent on 07/12/2014

Amy · Married on 05/10/2014

We never knew the beauty that existed behind that landmark sign that we had seen for years. As soon as we drove in, we knew it was the venue for us. They had multiple sites to choose from on the property, but we chose to get married on the sand. It was the perfect spot for us with a beautiful view that was far enough away from the rest of the resort to add privacy to the venue as well. Our reception was in the convention hall, and it was PERFECT! The staff was amazing and provided everything we could possibly need. Diane was very attentive and kept in touch throughout the planning process and anything and everything we could need was taken care of by Corie on the day of. The staff made sure that my husband and I were served first as well as our parents and catered to us throughout the night. We could not have asked for a better night and are thrilled with our choice of venue.

Sent on 07/17/2014
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 04/05/2014

We spent the week ahead of our wedding here, and loved it! That guy Vern at the bar was very personable and remembers who you are like it's easy. We had a one bedroom suite so we could entertain the day of without having to make people sit on the bed.

Our wedding was very relaxed and the informal rehearsal dinner poolside was so fun! Definately try the Cuban sandwich and fried pickles!

The day of was wonderful and if you are ever placed right next door to the "other" bride of the day, don't worry. We saw each other's wedding parties but that was it, no body got in anyone's way.

Corie was wonderful with the details of the reception set up. We only had 30 guests, but we didn't feel overwhelmed in the ground floor ballroom. The bartender was quick and friendly and didn't skimp. The buffet was set up in the entry way, which kept the noise and "show" to a minimum. There was so much good food! Most went back for seconds, some only for the fish which was so beautifully done it was the first thing to run out. We decided to use the resort's cake, which was delicious! A great alternative if you aren't a fan of fondant.

The resort also worked well with my other vendors, helped the band with the beach setup/power source and gave all day for the ceremony set up. There weren't any morning weddings that weekend.

Sent on 04/26/2014

viviana · Married on 01/30/2014

The Islander Resort is the best in the Keys! I have been going to the Keys since I was a kid and this is the best value for a beautiful resort! My husband and I fell in love with the beautiful views, the clean rooms ,and the awesome staff. All of the staff were amazing at meeting all of our requests! I couldn't be happier with the way the wedding turned out. The food was delicious! The venue is gorgeous! Everyone worked hard to meet all of the little details I wanted and everyone at the resort was so pleasant! I highly recommend the Islander for your wedding!

Sent on 02/06/2014

Kacey · Married on 11/16/2013

Wow, I don't think there is one bad thing I can say about picking the Islander for our venue location this past weekend! I absolutely LOVED it! We looked at a lot of locations in Islamorada and Key Largo and I think this location is the perfect spot for a Keys wedding! Their new building/museum that they use for the reception is gorgeous! Every guest loved it! We had about 85 guests and every one of them told us how beautiful the place was! Some of the guests even joked about how they were going to buy the place if they won the Power Ball. Diane, who is the catering manager but, the person who sets up and organizes your wedding, is wonderful! Thanks for everything, Diane!

We had the ceremony right at the North beach (luckily the weather cooperated!). They set up the beach with white folding chairs, a bamboo runner, and tiki torches. It was simple but, very pretty. Having everything all at the same location is convenient, especially when you realize you forgot the rings in your room and your maid of honor has to throw off her heels and sprint to the room to retrieve them. Luckily Cory, our day-of coordinator, was right there with a golf cart for transportation! Yup, that happened but, it was hilarious! We then had the cocktail hour outside on the terrace of the building/museum. They had tiki torches lit and the building just offers a gorgeous outside area. The reception was inside which was just gorgeous with all the up lights we had. All of my guests loved how the double doors to the reception were open which led out to the terrace. Beautiful spot!

One thing I definitely need to mention is that the food was delicious and all of the employees working the reception were amazing! All of the guests were well taken care of and everyone mentioned how awesome the employees were. We were also told that one or two employees even drove some guests who were unable to drive after the wedding. Thanks, guys!! We all had such a great night!

Sent on 11/21/2013

Linda · Married on 11/02/2013

Diane (Director of Catering) and Connie (Group Reservation Manger) were amazing to work with. They both went above and beyond to make us have the most wonderful week-end and wedding anyone could ask for. They were both very professional and responsive. When we arrived, we found out there were 3 other weddings being held the same week-end as well as the bonefish fishing tournament. This made me nervous but in the end, they did such a great job, I would have thought we had the only event at the resort that week-end. My ceremony was at The Point and my reception was held on Tarpon Terrace. It was absolutely beautiful and everything we could have imagined. Corie and the wait staff the day of were also great. All my guests commented on how great the food was. I would highly recommend this venue

Sent on 11/10/2013

Monica · Married on 06/20/2013

Karly and Corie were an amazing team right from the start. We had not been to the resort so we were going off of reviews and the website. Upon getting to Florida, everything was perfect! I did not have one worry at all. They were even so gracious and let us use two hotel rooms to get ready. The ceremony was gorgeous and set up just how we wanted it. The food as well as the servers were perfect! The customer service we received was out of this world. Thank you all for making our day perfect!

Sent on 06/24/2013

Islander Resort's reply:

Thank you Monica. We are so happy you let us be part of your special day. Best wishes !